PDA

View Full Version : UCP Awards (2006) - Ownage of the Year [Voting]

Rockefella
12-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Vote for UltimateCarPage.com's Ownage of the Year.

SlickHolden
12-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Nota hands down he got dodge and owned them like never before:D.

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Nota, that was an absolutely amazing piece of work :D it should go down in Dodge's annals for the day Birnam Wood advanced on their castle :p

henk4
12-30-2006, 06:58 AM
it also may have contributed to us not being able to get a free Dodge vehicle for UCP while in US this August......:(

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-30-2006, 06:59 AM
it also may have contributed to us not being able to get a free Dodge vehicle for UCP while in US this August......:(
Ahhh, you win some, you lose some. Get a Mustang...

henk4
12-30-2006, 07:01 AM
Ahhh, you win some, you lose some. Get a Mustang...

we have established contacts with Chrysler....(something totally different from Dodge)

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-30-2006, 07:01 AM
we have established contacts with Chrysler....(something totally different from Dodge)
Even better. Saw a 300C just yesterday, looked evil.

Esperante
12-30-2006, 09:46 AM
As a late entry I'd say All vs. MRDETROITMETAL.

nota
12-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Nota, that was an absolutely amazing piece of work :D it should go down in Dodge's annals for the day Birnam Wood advanced on their castle :p
Cheers guys I'm humbled to receive this noble award (would like to thank my mother, brother, teacher etc) and those posts were fun to write, in my amateurish attempt at quasi legalese. At least I managed to trap DodgeInfoCentre within his own words and subsequent to this we never did hear from them again :D but I do wonder if Manuel even bothered to consult his room supervisor, let alone whether this tidbit made it 'upstairs'

Nevertheless we Aussies are especially proud of our utes, and from the moment I saw of Dodge Corp's boast when it was first reported here, I was certain (as would be any knowing enthusiast) that local performance utes had it all over their neanderthal SRT10. A quick check proved this. And although the genuinely faster machine had not yet been 'validated' by Guinness, then so bloody what? As in this regard, the self-titled 'World Record Bible' does not seem to bother initiating its own tests for conclusivity

HSV's speedier Maloo predates the SRT-10 and was on sale long before the Dodge. Therefore Guinness & Dodge's "world's fastest pickup' claim was merely academic (in effect a non-factual claim shared between Guinnes & Dodge) and did not make SRT10s faster than reality

I think it's disappointing that an ostensibly reputable major outfit like Dodge would stoop to besmirch its credibility through wide promotion of claims that were clearly false from the outset - as HSV later comprehensively disproved, finally, via its own Guinness test

Nor can I accept that there was not someone in authority at Dodge who was not similarly aware of what mere amateurs like me (amongst many others I'm sure) had immediately recognised .. that the Dodge SRT-10 never was 'the world's fastest pickup'

http://news.hspn.com/articles/519/1/HSV-sets-new-World-Land-Speed-Record-for-PickupUtility-Truck/Page1.html

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford's (Tickford) Pursuit Ute, and later FPV variants were also faster than that Dodge - had anyone bothered to test their potential. And for reparations, here's hoping henk can jag a Maloo off HSV next time he's downunder ;)

henk4
12-30-2006, 10:15 AM
And for reparations, here's hoping henk can jag a Maloo off HSV next time he's downunder ;)

If you could tell me what you mean here I might give it a try:D
Any there was not only Manuel but also Micheal with whom I even spoke over the phone....(before "this" happened)

Quiggs
12-30-2006, 10:29 AM
And for reparations, here's hoping henk can jag a Maloo off HSV next time he's downunder ;)I heard you can get arrested in Arkansas for that kind of thing.

nota
12-30-2006, 10:30 AM
curous if DIC still exists, or did they implode after this brief encounter with UCP? :p

btw to 'jag' is local slang, roughly for .. to extract for benefit, whether deliberately or aided by luck

Vindesh17
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I say 6Speed, he got it in so many ways even I felt the pain.

blingbling
12-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Can I please get a link to this dodge ownage you all speak of?

[/ignorance]

IWantAnAudiRS6
12-31-2006, 03:31 AM
I say 6Speed, he got it in so many ways even I felt the pain.
Oh God yes... but in all fairness, he deserved it. Ridiculous boy- he claimed that he was going out with LisaS, that he had a Viper, and an RX-7, so you know...

Apart from that, he was an OK kinda guy :)

Can I please get a link to this dodge ownage you all speak of?

[/ignorance]
There you go, read and weep! (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21485)

ZeTurbo
12-31-2006, 08:05 AM
how about links to all the others? its hard to search for each one. im sure someone has them in their favorites...:D

LandQuail
12-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I heard you can get arrested in Arkansas for that kind of thing.

Quiggs, I'll give you some advice if you're ever in Arkansas: If you're going to jag on somebody's old malloo, it'd better belong to blood kin.

Quiggs
12-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm not jagging anyone's maloo, no matter where I am. No worries there.

Pando
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
how about links to all the others? its hard to search for each one. im sure someone has them in their favorites...:D
I agree, even if the voting is over (i conveniently missed all the ceremonies) this thread needs links! I remember most of them, but nonetheless a reminder is in place.