PDA

View Full Version : Thats not a F@#king car thread

charged
01-03-2007, 01:57 AM
In the process of doing a general tidy up of the SKiboat as now that Ive bought a race car, a new boat is definetley out the picture for a while.
Putting a new interior in as the old on is ratty and very out dated, also a general mechanical tidy up also.

So far Ive changed the spark arrestor on the holley, new exhaust risers old one were leaking water into the combustion chamber, new impellor on the raw water pump, new leads, new dizzy cap and rotor for the HEI dizzy, new skeg bush for the prop, new alternator, starter. I have sourced new seat carcasses as the old ones are U/S and very ugly, going all new carpet and cloth trim on the seats ( much cooler than vinyl on the hot days OUCH ), engine cover ( much quieter than just fiberglass) and side gunales between the back of the boat to the front.

Tommorrow I have to rip out the carpet, install new isolator for the battery refit waterpump,refit the alternator, dizzy-leads etc and adjust the lifters which is very messy as you run the engine at idle, back off the rockers till they rattle then its 3/4 of a turn and their set

The boats going to the trimmers next monday heres some before pics( on shitty camera phone)

* after looking at photo No 4 a phone call to Ashley and Martin Yeah Yeah:p

henk4
01-03-2007, 02:05 AM
get a couple of four barrelled Holleys....

SlickHolden
01-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Thats a wee small engine in dat little boat:D. Can you get done for going over 100 on water:D

charged
01-03-2007, 02:47 AM
get a couple of four barrelled Holleys....I actually want a Vac Sec 600cfm as it has a 650 double pumper which is a bit rediculious for a ski boat

henk4
01-03-2007, 03:01 AM
I actually want a Vac Sec 600cfm as it has a 650 double pumper which is a bit rediculious for a ski boat

I am afraid I have already lost you there:)

rev440
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
My ski boat has 320 horse its not that fast but it has crazy torque.

01-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I actually want a Vac Sec 600cfm as it has a 650 double pumper which is a bit rediculious for a ski boat
i have just decided that boats confuse me

Esperante
01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
My ski boat is bigger than your ski boat.

charged
01-19-2007, 04:52 AM
New interior finally in, certainly gives the boat a lift, front seats need fixing correctly as they are just sitting there, then it just needs a new wheel and gauges

nota
01-19-2007, 05:08 AM
:cool: Lookin good there charged!

I am afraid I have already lost you there:)
And you've probably never heard of (one of my favorite names for mechanical componentry) the Anti Gulp Backfire Suppressor Valve :D

henk4
01-19-2007, 05:25 AM
:cool: Lookin good there charged!

And you've probably never heard of (one of my favorite names for mechanical componentry) the Anti Gulp Backfire Suppressor Valve :D

when I tell you that "gulp" is the Dutch word for "fly" like in "your fly is undone" then you may guess my understanding of that device:)

but I assume it has something to do to minimalise the effect of incoming water in whatever component...

Daz27
01-21-2007, 09:29 PM
you guys are seriously nuts...

LandQuail
01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe it really is a small world. Here in Arkansas, there is a thriving trade in salvaged speedboats. Folks buy little fiberglass slivers of boat that rest barely above the waterline, bolt a big Oldsmobile V8 or other improbably lump on the back of them, and take them to the lake to see what she'll do.

Generally, they get swamped by their own wake and sink, meaning a call to the local salvage divers. The divers recover the boat, buy it from its soggy captain, scrub the catfish shit off of it, and sell it to the next fool with a salvage-yard engine. It's a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, have a great-looking boat there, and I'd venture it won't be swamped in its own wake should the engine conk out in the middle of a high-speed run.

cmcpokey
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Maybe it really is a small world. Here in Arkansas, there is a thriving trade in salvaged speedboats. Folks buy little fiberglass slivers of boat that rest barely above the waterline, bolt a big Oldsmobile V8 or other improbably lump on the back of them, and take them to the lake to see what she'll do.

Generally, they get swamped by their own wake and sink, meaning a call to the local salvage divers. The divers recover the boat, buy it from its soggy captain, scrub the catfish shit off of it, and sell it to the next fool with a salvage-yard engine. It's a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, have a great-looking boat there, and I'd venture it won't be swamped in its own wake should the engine conk out in the middle of a high-speed run.
yeah, but ive been in one of those boats, with a chevy 454, at over 100 mph, and its a butt ton of fun