PDA

View Full Version : Bentley Phantom or Maybach 62?

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you think the Maybach is a competitor to the Phantom? Are you convinced with the Maybach's look?

I think the Maybach's new look sux! Why? A couple of days ago I was cruising on the seaside, when i saw this car that had the same front and back of a Maybach..i'm like wow! a Maybach! But then after the car passes by me, i take a look at the back and it says Kia! lol! hehehe

I think they should just change the Maybach's exterior one more time! I wouldn't want to buy a car that costs $450thou. (thinking it is the state-of-the-art and unique) but then I find out that there is another car that just costs $21thou. and is similar to the Maybach!!! Aaah! I mean i'd go crazy! I'd be thinking i've got the only Maybach on the street, but a saloon Kia on my left destroys my hopes!! hehehe :D

Therefore, I'd say the Phantom is the BEST!

Batmobile_Turbo
04-10-2004, 11:36 AM
are you sure you know what you are talking about? there are no BENTLY Phantoms it is the ROLL ROYCE Phantom...anyway the Maybach is the Choice for me, it has a wicked interior, a neat moon-roof-sun-roof thing and it looks better IMO. and it has a turbo charged Mercedes V12, plus footrests in the backseat, i could go on and on......
and what are you talking about with the kia? could you post pictures of the two cars for comaprison?

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 12:07 PM
hehe yeah sure thing, the Rolls Royce. I dunno, but i always thought there was no difference between Bentley and Rolls Royce. But anyhow...thanks for correcting me..

Well, the Kia doesn't look absolutely as the Maybach, but u could mistake it for one! It's the 2004 Kia Amanti a.k.a. Tomorrow's Maybach hehe. However, it's a bit smaller in size than the Maybach.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you, Tomorrow's Junior Maybach:
(maybe u'd think i'm insane, but i don't know, i thought it was a Maybach once i saw it passing by!!!)
Just stretch it even more hehe :p Isn't she a beauty? :confused:
Plus i'm not the only one who has mistaken it for a Maybach, 3 of my friends were fooled also.

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 12:11 PM
By the way, I was practically going crazy becuz i had mistaken the Kia for the Maybach! Now i'm thinking, what the hell was i thinking?!

UK CARS
04-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Whats with the orange txt???

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Whats with the orange txt???

I love Orange! My fav. color. I just can't help it! hehe ;) Oh, and i like to be unique ;P

Batmobile_Turbo
04-10-2004, 01:42 PM
that is a very good-looking kia anyway, i have a good eye for things so usually don't mistake cars, but i do see how the Amanti could be mistaken. but all in all i think the Phantom looks a little too boxy for me, the Maybach is more sleek IMO.

PS heres some good orange cars

silverhawk
04-10-2004, 01:42 PM
first of all the Phantom produced by Rolls Royce not Bentley. the maybach is more of a business type car & the Phantom is more Domestic. I sat in them both on the same day at a motorshow. only VIPs were allowed to sit so i pretended to be one of them even though i had to wait in line for some time. A maybach owner would rather be driven than drive his maybach & a Rolls-Royce or Bentley owner wouldnt mind driving or being driven in his car. MY dad's friend owns a '92 bentley Turbo R & he drives it himself.

the maybach doesnt look much like a kia Opirus [aka Amanti in some countries] to me. i would choose it over the Phantom bcoz of its expandable seats, glass roof, rear stereo system , foldable table etc. Altough i do love the Phantom's boldness, as bold as a Hummer saloon, its interior is good but id still go for the Maybach 62.

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 02:05 PM
More Orange

Gallardo-2005
04-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Even More Orange

junaman
04-11-2004, 07:58 PM
definitely Maybach

BMWskillz
10-27-2004, 02:18 PM
i would prefer the phantom especially the new convertible. it might not be a good reason to u but i love bmw and i despise benz.

note: silverhawk bently is a drivers car. the phantom and the maybach are for the driven

Matt
10-27-2004, 02:34 PM
That Phantom isn't a track car by any means, but it holds its own in twisties and has incredible acceleration for its size.

Luciferous
10-27-2004, 07:05 PM
The Phantom all the way, its got a much better feel in the interior, much more casual, whereas the Maybach just seems to be an extension of an office. Exterior wise, the Maybach is probably one of the ugliest cars to be produced in recent years. Sleek it may be, but the dimensions are hideously awkward, like someone has just inflated an S-class. The Phantom's looks shout power and presence, and if I'm gonna spend that much one a luxury saloon thats what I'd want.

Chinky_boi
10-27-2004, 09:29 PM
why did we have to bring something up from 8 months ago?

RS6
10-28-2004, 03:47 AM
I would take the Phantom anyday as the Maybach is just a stretched and expensive S-Class, not that that is a bad thing, but for £280,000 or so it is slightly unacceptable. Although you could say that the Phantom is just an expensive 7-Series even though there is a lot more to its design. If I were buying cars of this size, I wouldn't mind a Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman.

jyi1693
11-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Bentley!

Coventrysucks
11-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Mercedes thought that the Maybach should not compete with other cars, but pieces of art, luxury yachts and private jets.

Unfortunately it doesn't compete with any of those as no one wants one.

They have had to cut production by at least 1/3

tmnt_ppn
11-07-2004, 01:46 PM
maybach!

McLareN
11-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Maybach 62, one of my favorite vehicles ever

wickedgam
11-07-2004, 01:56 PM
big s-klass!it's best then a bentley!

McLareN
11-07-2004, 02:08 PM
big s-klass!it's best then a bentley!

You are talking about the Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman AMG, right :)??
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=974

wickedgam
11-07-2004, 02:13 PM
You are talking about the Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman AMG, right :)??
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=974

nope :( big s-class is the maybach.but the pullman amg is superb:)