PDA

View Full Version : Lancia Fulvia, yes or no?

Ferrer
01-07-2007, 12:35 PM
As some of you might know (actually I doubt it nobody cares any more about Lancia these days) Lancia are choosing a specialty (read niche) car to built in 2008-2009. So far they have come up with 5 possibilities of which we know some. One is an SUV, probably a sister car to an hipotetic Kamal based in the Premium platform (they same that underpins the 159/Brera/Spider). Another one is a folding metal roof convertible probably built on either the Punto's or the forthcoming Bravo's platform. A third one is a big-ish Coupe, based on the Bravo's or the Premium platform. And the fourth one could either be a big 4-door saloon (Thesis replacement) or maybe someyhing else.

What's interesting is the fifth option. And this one is to built the Lancia Fulvia as was presented (or maybe with minor alterations) in the 2003 concept car. The concept car was 392x166x133cm and weighted 990kg, achieved through the uses of lightweight materials like aluminium. It would most probably be based on the Punto's platform. More info and pictures can be found here (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12818).

What I ask you is, what would you rather prefer Lancia built? The Fulvia or something else?

EDIT I'm of course all for the Fulvia.

Mr.Tiv
01-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I am with you. the Fulvia, unless they surprise us with an even better concept for something small and sporty like the fulvia.

cmcpokey
01-07-2007, 12:58 PM
i think the fulvia would be good, but it begs a better platform than the punto. lancia used to be a premium brand, but they let that slip. i think something fast and sexy off of the brera platform would be better. something that woudl hearken back to the aurelia would be best.

LotusLocost
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I couldn't agree more...
I think large sales in the future lays in smaller cars.
Especially in amongst the European brands.

I hope the SUV bubble will burst soon..
Who needs 4 wheel drive when global warming gives us summer all year round?:rolleyes:

Fulvia pleas:)

DesmoRob
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Just looked up pics of the Fulvia, and I'm all for it too. Is this a performance oriented car or rather a regular car dressed sporty? Also, if they make it, is there a chance they'll use it for rally racing like the old one?

The_Canuck
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Fulvia, looks kinda like an old Alfa which is kinda cool...also lightweight is good. :D

Ferrer
01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Just looked up pics of the Fulvia, and I'm all for it too. Is this a performance oriented car or rather a regular car dressed sporty? Also, if they make it, is there a chance they'll use it for rally racing like the old one?
Judge yourself. 215kg less than the Mini Cooper S and 325kg less than the Clio RS. Now an hipotetic production car won't be as lightweight, but the concept car is a good precedent and weight can be kept to a decent level. Rallying is very unlikely indeed, though.

Mr.Tiv
01-07-2007, 01:09 PM
The only thing I can think of that would be as good an option as this would be a modern Beta and Monte Carlo.

digitalcraft
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
(Lancia vulva, haha)

I think it's a neat idea, but if they're going to make a sporty lightweight car, I'd hope for a bit more aggressive look. The design doesn't have a ton of personality.

dydzi
01-07-2007, 03:20 PM
even though fulvia would be cool, i'm even more interested in seeing more serious supercar, like that mazel-designed one (i think its name was granturismo)

Ferrer
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
even though fulvia would be cool, i'm even more interested in seeing more serious supercar, like that mazel-designed one (i think its name was granturismo)
The Granturismo Stilnovo wasn't a supercar. It was a 3-door C-segment hatchback. An hipotetical Delta substitute.

pimento
01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm all for the Fulvia, it looked great. I agree that it'd be nice to be on a more sporty chassis than the Punto though.

Also, by 'hipotetical' I guess you mean hypothetical (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical)? :)

PerfAdv
01-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, the world needs more beautiful things.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1714-2.jpg

Ingolstadt
01-07-2007, 10:59 PM
People here may like it, but not buy it. Then it'll be totally pointless to produce it. Yeah.... it's nice, beauty. Citroen C4 3door please, it handles well?MX-5 please. Oh it has great Italian spirit! Alfa 147/149 please.

The greatness of Lancias in the 60s had more or less been filled up by many many other contenders. To me, Lancias should be kept in musuems and forever be remembered for their greatness, rather than resurrected and live a pityfull life. Michael Jordan again anyone?

Volvoman
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
It looks right. But to be honest I am more of a big car person. Give me a 4WD or a big sedan anyday. Plus this would never be sold in Australia anyway, considering we haven't had Lancias here for goodness knows how long.

henk4
01-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Yes, the world needs more beautiful things.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1714-2.jpg

now compare this with an original and look at the division between glass and metal. From the the modern one you might think that average people have become much smaller, as they apparently need a much lower glass house....however we all know that statistically even Italians are growing taller, so why the hell do they have to change a perfectly balanced model like the original into something where the glasshouse looks like an afterthought...

Leo_Ant
01-08-2007, 02:28 AM
I think Fulvia is the best option, from the ones presented, simply because is't the one more closely related to Lancia history. it is also a good design. And we must not forget that it was good designs (156, 147) that saved Alfa, by that time in a very similar situation. Only latin spirit can save latin brands...

Revo
01-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Only latin spirit can save latin brands...
And some good old-fashioned engineering ;)

Ingolstadt
01-08-2007, 03:07 AM
all in all, I'd rather resources be spent on Alfa

Ferrer
01-08-2007, 03:26 AM
now compare this with an original and look at the division between glass and metal. From the the modern one you might think that average people have become much smaller, as they apparently need a much lower glass house....however we all know that statistically even Italians are growing taller, so why the hell do they have to change a perfectly balanced model like the original into something where the glasshouse looks like an afterthought...
It's funny you shoul mention it, I always though the original was a bit disproportioned regarding the glasshouse, as it looked to tall despite the original car being actually lower than the modern concept, by about 3cm IIRC.

Also, by 'hipotetical' I guess you mean hypothetical? :)
Yes I did mean that... :p

People here may like it, but not buy it. Then it'll be totally pointless to produce it. Yeah.... it's nice, beauty. Citroen C4 3door please, it handles well?MX-5 please. Oh it has great Italian spirit! Alfa 147/149 please.

The greatness of Lancias in the 60s had more or less been filled up by many many other contenders. To me, Lancias should be kept in musuems and forever be remembered for their greatness, rather than resurrected and live a pityfull life. Michael Jordan again anyone?
I think you don't understand Lancia at all. This not only is beautiful but full of substance too. It's an inherent part of Lancia stands, elegant and beautiful but sporty and agile too. If you think that a Citroen C4 or an Alfa Romeo 147 could cover the spot for the Fulvia you're totally missing the point. And just because we have one sportscar (the MX-5 you mention) does it meant we have to be limited to this one and no one can ever produce another?

Lancia needs this car in order to begin its revival. You can see it a bit like Lancia's 8C, only it would be significantly cheaper and they could actually make a profit on it. If Lancia's are enthusiast-appealing, they might as well disappear completely.

It looks right. But to be honest I am more of a big car person. Give me a 4WD or a big sedan anyday. Plus this would never be sold in Australia anyway, considering we haven't had Lancias here for goodness knows how long.
Don't be so sure, Lancias are going RHD again starting, probably, next year with the HPE.

dydzi
01-08-2007, 09:05 AM
The Granturismo Stilnovo wasn't a supercar. It was a 3-door C-segment hatchback. An hipotetical Delta substitute.

k :p anyway i meant something more radical, not only stylish but rapid and risky

Ingolstadt
01-08-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm quite sure the Fulvia will be a flop. If they wanna revive something that reminds people of their success, they better go Stratos and Delta.

Delta is definitely suited for the current hot hatch market, and Stratos represents Lancia much better than Fulvia, and it simply sound cooler.

Ferrer
01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm quite sure the Fulvia will be a flop. If they wanna revive something that reminds people of their success, they better go Stratos and Delta.

Delta is definitely suited for the current hot hatch market, and Stratos represents Lancia much better than Fulvia, and it simply sound cooler.
1. The Fulvia is a simple a relatively cheap car to make, and met general praise when the concept was unveiled. If you see the poll, the vast majority of people voted for it and the success of the Mini shows that a well developped and marketed small sporty car can sell

2. Lancia has good sales in the small car market and can definitely sell a 15-25k € as opposed to over 40k €. Basically the Ypsilon has saved Lancia, while the Thesis nearly kills it (and the Fulvia is a small, cheap-ish car)

3. Reviving the Delta HF Integrale would be stupid (this is not the image Fiat wants for Lancia), unfeasible (no suitable mechanical components available, no budget to speak of) and impossible (new regulations would mean the new car wouldn't be nowhere near the original in terms of rawness)

4. Reviving the Stratos is not possible, quite simply because Fiat (and therefore Lancia) doesn't own the rights to the name. And that's wihout entering to discuss the arguments issued in point nº3

5. Stratos doesn't represent Lancia at all. Fulvia does. It's sporty but not overtly so, elegant and luxurious. It's understated just like a Lancia should be. Different to the "showy" Alfa Romeo. Put it this way, Alfa Romeos are red, Lancias not necessarily so

6. The fact that the Fulvia has been forgotten by the general public would actually help Lancia. Reproducing such famous cars like the Delta HF Integrale or the Stratos would lead to direct comparisons with the originals, which would only harm Lancia

Mr.Tiv
01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree that trend of shrinking glasshouses isn't a welcome one. However, I don't think this car looks the least bit disproportional; take cars like the Ford interceptor concpet for example, and appreciate that it could be A LOT worse. The just my two cents, and no one really gives a damn what I think, so, whatever.

LandQuail
01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
The only thing I can think of that would be as good an option as this would be a modern Beta and Monte Carlo.

EVO makes its way to central Arkansas via a caravan of donkeys, and so I've just gotten the eCoty issue. Interestingly, one of the writers said of the Lancer EVO IX "just imagine those mechanicals in a Lancia Delta bodyshell."

Intriguing. Deeply intriguing.

For some reason, Lancia just let the whole rally hommologation special craze, which they helped invent, fall to the wayside in favor of odd-looking executive sedans and warm hatches. Surely, among people who buy drivers' cars, the name "Lancia Delta" still has some clout. Wouldn't it be great to see a modern interpretation?

IWantAnAudiRS6
01-08-2007, 01:35 PM
If we're talking about our home markets, I'd say that a Fulvia would stand more of a chance than a big saloon or 4x4. Small Italian coupés and convertibles have quite a following here, see the Alfa Romeos for more evidence of that. I suspect that the Fulvia would be a nifty comeback for Lancia.

Big Italian saloons, on the other hand, have without fail flopped into oblivion and insignificance. The one exception is the Alfa Romeo 164 from the late '80s and the Maserati Quattroporte (in a manner of speaking).

Fulvia gets my vote :)

Mr.Tiv
01-08-2007, 01:42 PM
EVO makes its way to central Arkansas via a caravan of donkeys, and so I've just gotten the eCoty issue. Interestingly, one of the writers said of the Lancer EVO IX "just imagine those mechanicals in a Lancia Delta bodyshell."

Intriguing. Deeply intriguing.

For some reason, Lancia just let the whole rally hommologation special craze, which they helped invent, fall to the wayside in favor of odd-looking executive sedans and warm hatches. Surely, among people who buy drivers' cars, the name "Lancia Delta" still has some clout. Wouldn't it be great to see a modern interpretation?
to keep it short, yes, to all of the above.

Lancia is/was, depending on how you look at it determines the tense, one of the most successful marques in rally and they let it fall to the wayside. If you ask me, and I know you didn't, they need to get back to what made them great-fast, nimble cars.

What, I must ask, is better than lancia's mid-eighties, group b, powerhouse line up? I direct you here - http://www.groupbrally.com/lancia.shtml - for info and pics.

Triflux 600bhp at 8000rpm from an 1800cc engine, thank you Lancia.

The fulvia is undoubtedly a step in the right direction.

NSXType-R
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not very familiar with Lancias so bear with me here.

Is the Fulvia something in the class of say, the MX-5? If it is, it better be good because it's in some steep competition. I wouldn't be worried about the Saturn Solstice though.

On the other hand, I'd be happy to see this be produced if it helps Lancia in any way. I loved the Delta Integrale and if they do make a comeback, I hope that they make that first and put it as a competitor to the STI and Evolution. I realize that it's a far step to the Delta, but if it helps, by all means, produce it.

However, I do find the Fulvia concept to be quite bland. I don't see what's so appealing about it. As I said, I'm not familiar with Lancias. Someone care to explain?

Ferrer
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm not very familiar with Lancias so bear with me here.

Is the Fulvia something in the class of say, the MX-5? If it is, it better be good because it's in some steep competition. I wouldn't be worried about the Saturn Solstice though.

On the other hand, I'd be happy to see this be produced if it helps Lancia in any way. I loved the Delta Integrale and if they do make a comeback, I hope that they make that first and put it as a competitor to the STI and Evolution. I realize that it's a far step to the Delta, but if it helps, by all means, produce it.

However, I do find the Fulvia concept to be quite bland. I don't see what's so appealing about it. As I said, I'm not familiar with Lancias. Someone care to explain?
The Lancia Fulvia concept car could be regarded as what Lancia stands for in today's market. Alfa Romeo has long taken the role as the sporty premium brand, which Lancia used to held until Fiat bought Alfa Romeo in 1986. The main problem with Alfa Romeo is that with different apporcahes they (Lancia and Alfa Romeo) are basically chasing the same customer. Therefore it was decided that Lancia would go for the luxury customer, whereas Alfa Romeo would go for the sporty one. Lancia's approach has so far resulted in a spectacular failure and Alfa Romeo is more or less recovering from the dark days.

As such there are simply no possiblities for Lancia to revive the old late 70's and 80's days when they produced hairy chested homologation specials which used to terrify the rivals in the world rally championship. The only possible approach for an hipotetical sporty Lancia, is the original (that means before the Fiat era) way in which sport was mixed with luxury, as well as engineering and attention to detail. And that's were the Fulvia comes in. It stands for all those values, of sofistication and simplicity, elegance and sportiness. Where Alfa Romeos are loud and showy Lancias are understated and elegant.

In my opinion this a better approach than the other one, which usually meant some lairy cars but mainly average ones, because it means that all cars will be better, and that you'll be able to enjoy a entry-level Lancia as much as a top-spec one. Of course the struggle remains if Fiat wants Lancias to have a bit of sportiness at all, because in the current range there's not much hope (except for the Thesis, but if you want we'll speak about it another day as it is another story). The Fulvia could be the car that could change the situation, for better.

NSXType-R
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks man. The way I see it, Alfa Romeo tries to bring out the sporty image, but the cars still are slightly overweight (The hot hatch Brerra I think? not very sure). :D

The fact that there will be no cars like the Delta Integrale sucks. I understand your point though. The company is still shaky and can't risk another failure. However, what in particular makes the Fulvia so sure footed, than say a well engineered five passenger family car with a bit of sports attitude, say in the lines of an Acura TSX (with its own Italian flair, of course)?

PerfAdv
01-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Granted the original has a delicate charm that's missing in modern design, but I've become accustomed to smaller glass canopies. In addition, in modern safety-derived engineering, shorter pillars make for a much stronger passenger compartment.

Still, some of the latest tiny canopies are pushing the limits...:D

Ingolstadt
01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I just don't see the point of having Lancia as a luxury brand, it would be far more compelling to catapult Lancia into BMW's category, Alfa still has ther virtues that at least, are understood and remembered by many. Fiat is moving up from nifty, cheap packagings to something like Golf MK5 (Grande, Brava) so VW pulled in Skoda to fill up the lower markets.

Lancia can create a huge buzz if they were to re-create Delta and Stratos (yeah, they don't own the name, but they could re-register it as Lancia Stratos rather than Stratos alone) and had a double entry into street WRC (WRC-liked cars but terrorizing tarmacs instead of mud) as a retaliation from Europe to Evo and Scoobys-> This i believe will be a greater achievement, a great contenders.

Fulvia, i could only imagine a young teenage girl getting all excited bout it.... and Lancia couldn't sell it as a more premium car than AR, they couldn't slot it in between Fiat and AR as well cos both's selling price are already in quite a close gap. And honestly, who would want a European Daihatsu Copen? This is the closest thing i could imagine consumers would relate to. If it ain't Copen, it had to be bigger, and if it's bigger, and premium, it'll be in TT or Boxster's turf. Which with its elegant lines, would only attract a minor, niche 23-27 yr old young working ladies. But don't get me wrong, i believe ladies would not want a 'ladies' car, ladies cars are men's perception of what a lady should drive. Ladies deserve M3s, Evos Exige as well.

Back in the 60s, euro coupes are generally sized like the Fulvia and are acceptable cos generally, European cars are real petite in size, resurrecting the Fulvia in that size doesn't make sense, make it a modern coupe and walla~BMW 335 ....

Fulvia doesn't stand a chance, thou i personally find it attractive, at least to car enthusiasts. And many here voted for the resurrection of Lancia Fulvia is solely becos they miss the glory days of Fulvia, no one would buy one. Especially it's premium.

Revo
01-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Ingolstadt, 99% of people here were born before the glory days of Fulvia.;)

IMO new Fulvia would be a worthy successor to Fiat Coupe.

Cheap, fun and not particulary fast.:)

Ferrer
01-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks man. The way I see it, Alfa Romeo tries to bring out the sporty image, but the cars still are slightly overweight (The hot hatch Brerra I think? not very sure). :D

The fact that there will be no cars like the Delta Integrale sucks. I understand your point though. The company is still shaky and can't risk another failure. However, what in particular makes the Fulvia so sure footed, than say a well engineered five passenger family car with a bit of sports attitude, say in the lines of an Acura TSX (with its own Italian flair, of course)?
They can make a Lancia TSX because that's actually what the Alfa Romeo 159. And with the current economic conditions Fiat faces they simply can't afford to allow overlap. As a result Lancia has to choose cars that either are marketed different to Alfa Romeo or directly completely different. What Fiat (and Lancia and Alfa Romeo) need is good products that sell well and at the same time enhance the reputation and image of the brands. In my opinion the Fulvia is one of those cars.

EDIT You can see post below why I think the Fulvia would be a success.

Ferrer
01-09-2007, 04:29 AM
I just don't see the point of having Lancia as a luxury brand, it would be far more compelling to catapult Lancia into BMW's category, Alfa still has ther virtues that at least, are understood and remembered by many. Fiat is moving up from nifty, cheap packagings to something like Golf MK5 (Grande, Brava) so VW pulled in Skoda to fill up the lower markets.

Lancia can create a huge buzz if they were to re-create Delta and Stratos (yeah, they don't own the name, but they could re-register it as Lancia Stratos rather than Stratos alone) and had a double entry into street WRC (WRC-liked cars but terrorizing tarmacs instead of mud) as a retaliation from Europe to Evo and Scoobys-> This i believe will be a greater achievement, a great contenders.

Fulvia, i could only imagine a young teenage girl getting all excited bout it.... and Lancia couldn't sell it as a more premium car than AR, they couldn't slot it in between Fiat and AR as well cos both's selling price are already in quite a close gap. And honestly, who would want a European Daihatsu Copen? This is the closest thing i could imagine consumers would relate to. If it ain't Copen, it had to be bigger, and if it's bigger, and premium, it'll be in TT or Boxster's turf. Which with its elegant lines, would only attract a minor, niche 23-27 yr old young working ladies. But don't get me wrong, i believe ladies would not want a 'ladies' car, ladies cars are men's perception of what a lady should drive. Ladies deserve M3s, Evos Exige as well.

Back in the 60s, euro coupes are generally sized like the Fulvia and are acceptable cos generally, European cars are real petite in size, resurrecting the Fulvia in that size doesn't make sense, make it a modern coupe and walla~BMW 335 ....

Fulvia doesn't stand a chance, thou i personally find it attractive, at least to car enthusiasts. And many here voted for the resurrection of Lancia Fulvia is solely becos they miss the glory days of Fulvia, no one would buy one. Especially it's premium.
I think you're missing the point of the car completely. Think of it as a coupe shaped rival to the Mini and you¡re much closer to the idea. The Mini has had great success amongst the enthusiast and the fashion concious public. It's premium and commands a high asking price. The Fulvia could do the same for Lancia.

If anything Lancia has a reputation for small premium cars. The Ypsilon sells very well and is the sole responsable for the survival of Lancia. The Musa, while nothing more than a slitghly modified rebadged Fiat Idea, outsells it's Fiat sibling despite being significantly more expensive. All that demonstrates that there's potential in Lancia. The problem is that neither is particularly appealing to the enthusiast. And that's where the Fulvia comes in, it brings the enthusiast into the equation. Now I'm no expert nor have I conducted any "reliable" surveys or maret studies, but I think that sales of the Fulvia can easily met the specialty car target (20.000 cars/year) and even exceed it. It only needs to be done. And it can be done cheaply basing it on Fiat and Alfa Romeo components, with some fine tuning.

On the other hands all the other concepts you suggest simply aren't feasible for Lancia (or the Fiat Group for that matter). The Delta Integrale can't be done because regulations don't allow that degree of rawness anymore and they don't have the budget to develop and make it. A Lancia Stratos can't be made because there's no suitable platform for it, and before you start suggesting Ferrari's F430, remeber that the Stratos was a very special car with a very short wheelbase and the engine mounted sideways, and car built on the F430 platform would not be able to meet those requirements and as results proportions would be altered and we would end up with an aberration. A big sports coupe can't be made for 2 reasons, first there's already the Alfa Romeo Brera and the Alfa Romeo GT for that, and a car built in the premium platform wouldn't be class competitive and what Lancia needs is a winner not another flop.

Basically the Fulvia is the best option if we want to have sporty and enthusiast minded Lancias and we also want Lancia to survive for at least another 100 years.

Ingolstadt
01-09-2007, 07:37 AM
and before you start suggesting Ferrari's F430, remeber that the Stratos was a very special car with a very short wheelbase and the engine mounted sideways, and car built on the F430 platform would not be able to meet those requirements and as results proportions would be altered and we would end up with an aberration. A big sports coupe can't be made for 2 reasons, first there's already the Alfa Romeo Brera and the Alfa Romeo GT for that, and a car built in the premium platform wouldn't be class competitive and what Lancia needs is a winner not another flop.

common need not be sarcastic to flame a good debate shall we? I did say Lancia can't build it big (large coupe) and i find it particularly hard for Lancia to sell it well as a small coupe. I just don't see the market and the sales it will get.

Ok, perhaps Delta might be too extreme, but with Lancia's radical approach, a modern Stratos is the best pick. I welcome more thoughts, but i still couldn't get over it, i still find Fulvia as a good, nice car for established marques, not one that's on the edge of dying off.

Ferrer
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
common need not be sarcastic to flame a good debate shall we? I did say Lancia can't build it big (large coupe) and i find it particularly hard for Lancia to sell it well as a small coupe. I just don't see the market and the sales it will get.

Ok, perhaps Delta might be too extreme, but with Lancia's radical approach, a modern Stratos is the best pick. I welcome more thoughts, but i still couldn't get over it, i still find Fulvia as a good, nice car for established marques, not one that's on the edge of dying off.
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. If Alfa Romeo can have the Maserati chasis and a carbon fibre body on top of it, why can't Lancia have the Ferrari chasis? I was just saying that with the technical conditions the F430's platform offers the resulting car wouldn't resemble the Stratos at all. They could perhaps use the Alfa Romeo Diva's chasis, but I don't how production ready or cost effective is that. Furthermore Lancia simply isn't pursuing the Stratos spirit in their cars, as I already explained you, and the Fulvia would be a much better link with the rest of the range.

NSXType-R
01-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I get your point Ferrer. It's sadly the only real option for them. It'd be nice to see a coupe competitor to the Mini Cooper, I just wish the styling wasn't so bland.

Mr.Tiv
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I get your point Ferrer. It's sadly the only real option for them. It'd be nice to see a coupe competitor to the Mini Cooper, I just wish the styling wasn't so bland.
The original Fulvia was understated as well.

Ferrer
03-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Apparently the Fulvia is on again...

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/production-fulvia-to-grace-lancias-frankfurt-stand/

Mr.Tiv
03-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Apparently the Fulvia is on again...

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/production-fulvia-to-grace-lancias-frankfurt-stand/

Hooray. Shame it is likely to never grace these shores.

Mäusekino
03-18-2007, 05:16 AM
they have to make money first, so they should build a new delta (which was presented as a concept recently) -based on the new bravos plat- a new Y (3&5 door version) &, a new mini mpv -both on the grande puntos plat- and then a new fulvia, preferably with RWD and looking like the concept.
when they would build the fulvia first, they'll get a prob, cause it'll be an expensive solitaire cause of RWD. a new thesis, a big coupe or an suv (of which i also hope, they kick off) would have the same prob

http://www.autoplus.fr/diaporama/images/PROM-6TCJEH/$file/lancia_Delta-HPE-Concept@2006_0006.jpg http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Lancia_Delta_HPE_concept_rear.jpg

Ferrer
03-18-2007, 07:15 AM
they have to make money first, so they should build a new delta (which was presented as a concept recently) -based on the new bravos plat- a new Y (3&5 door version) &, a new mini mpv -both on the grande puntos plat- and then a new fulvia, preferably with RWD and looking like the concept.
when they would build the fulvia first, they'll get a prob, cause it'll be an expensive solitaire cause of RWD. a new thesis, a big coupe or an suv (of which i also hope, they kick off) would have the same prob
The Fulvia is meant to be a small front wheel drive coupe. And trust me on this, it'll lift Lancias image (if they make it at all, that is).

Kooper
03-18-2007, 10:13 AM
This is why I hate companies owned by other companies.

Lancia should compete with Alfa Romeo (which I still believe never should've gone FWD in the first place), just like Maserati should compete with Ferrari. If there's a collision of interests, sell off the brands that matter less and concentrate on the brands you have left.

This way, Lancia can be given free reign and produce cars worthy of the name (assuming they were to go solo or bought by another company).

But alas, Lancia is owned by Fiat and has to play second fiddle to Alfa. Anyhow, I think the Fulvia will be a great image-builder for Lancia. They should build it.

I'd love to see a new Delta as well btw. What does Alfa have to would compete against such a car? The 147 (or it's imminent replacement)? They could aim that car more at the Germans (A3, 1 etc.), with the Delta the Subaru and Evo competitor, just better built and more Latin. Is that a winning recipe? I think so.

Ferrer
06-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Well apparently the Fulvia is on. Again.

Return of Lancia Fulvia gets green light again - Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/06/return-of-lancia-fulvia-gets-green-light-again/)

Kitdy
06-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Well apparently the Fulvia is on. Again.

Return of Lancia Fulvia gets green light again - Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/06/return-of-lancia-fulvia-gets-green-light-again/)

A photo care of UCP as well.