PDA

View Full Version : need feedback for a Jaguar kit!

MysteriousGT1
01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
i need feedback on a customer request for a one-off kit that was sent to me by a local custom shop "Friend referred them to me to design it for them"...seeings as it is a upscale car i need feedback on what to improve so far in the design!

the render is still a bit rough and front is perspectively off still "At least it looks like it to me" but i need feedback on how the design is...this is my first request of this type so i want to make a good impression!

any help would be apreciated!

:Exige:
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Did he specify no wheels? If so, he may be thinking of using Exige's patented new modification that eliminates all road tax on all modern Jaguars, much like road tax is eliminated on vintage Jaguars.

:D

But if you wan't my honest opinion, I think it looks great. Slightly pixelated where the doors meet the side skirt, and it looks abnormal with the door shut lines ending abruptly at the side skirt. Other than that ... perfectio! :)

MysteriousGT1
01-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Did he specify no wheels? If so, he may be thinking of using Exige's patented new modification that eliminates all road tax on all modern Jaguars, much like road tax is eliminated on vintage Jaguars.

:D

But if you wan't my honest opinion, I think it looks great. Slightly pixelated where the doors meet the side skirt, and it looks abnormal with the door shut lines ending abruptly at the side skirt. Other than that ... perfectio! :)

havent put the rims back on yet...all they specified were he was getting chrome, so i will be putting some back in before i present it to them!

Not sure if the bricks are a good look on it though...neat idea :D

MRDETROITMETAL
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Hmmm. Honest ?...I have done this before. So, where the kit meets the body there IS gonna be a seam. Carry the design theme ALL the way thru to the back QP too, it seems to revert to something else back there (unless you have not done that part yet ??)...Also the front scoops, gonna be very tough to do, ya gotta consider the body frame and exsisting stuff under there too, it is alot of work to tear apart a front bumper system and maintain any crash prevention systems there, plus molding a deep compound curve is a tough request, ya need someone really good at molds to do it right. You can clay model over the actual car & cast a kit in fiberglass from that to get your look with out disturbing the underlying parts. You can cut into it too. But ya really dont wanna get into all the frame & bumper stuff unless your tearing it ALL up !!!

Just a few thoughts for you to consider as it is your first time doing this, keep it simple & everybody will be happy.

not really likin the hole under the back door either but the entire concept is very nice !!!

DesmoRob
01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Its good work, but that front and those skirts don't do the rest of the Jag's design justice. They are too different from the traditional lines of the car. Try finding or creating something that flows better and compliments the rest of the car's shape. I'll try my luck finding inspiration too.

Ok, so here's an example from Arden. Notice how their tuning kit still flows with the rest of the Jaguar design. I'm not saying go make yours similar to theirs or that you have to make it flow. Its just an example of what I think would help make it look IMO better.

Good luck:).

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2062000-2062999/2062377_11_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2062000-2062999/2062377_10_full.jpg

MysteriousGT1
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
thanks for the feedback...I have already done up the rear on this view "plus a subtile cowl hood"...still have to lay the rear out on back view as well "And yes the rims too lol" but here is a update on the kit so far!

you think i should ditch the vents on the skirting then?

acfsambo
01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Personally i think the side skirts are too square. If u look at the line where the door handels are it is curved, so maybe u could try and make it have the same effect.

SupraMan22
01-09-2007, 06:21 PM
it looks good. i think the front bumber needs more. Like a little something under the grill.