PDA

View Full Version : HSV R8 VX abosulte lemon

VXR8 LEMON
05-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Hello everyone.

Its with disgust that I am finding myself writting this letter.

I am an owner of a $75,000, fully optioned 2000 VX R8, I purchased the vehicle new, and its currently done 33,000 Km's.

This car has had two services in this time due for its third paid serivce.

The car is just about to have its THIRD engine.

70 other independent problems have been reported, with an average fix time of 2.5 goes at it.

I have had just about a full drive train replaced and that was within 10,000kms.

Holdens repsonse to all problems has been to denigh them or give some unfounded technical reply to them to bamboozel the customer.

This vehicle was purchased from GWS in Oakleigh Victoria.

I have asked for compensation, as yet after 5 months off the road and yet another visit still nothing.

I asked for a new car, no sir we cant do this.

I have spoken with the press, and an editor from one national daily said "we can not pursue this problem" I asked why and the answer was, we have done our quota of paid advertisements, when asked further I was told ont he side that the press in Victoria relies on heavy $ from GMH and other local manufacturers, so its not politically correct to publish articles like this.

Holden have prmised 12 months extra warranty yet like all the other promises refuse to put them in writting.

I have presented the car time and time again and are sick of it, are there any legal people out there who know of or have started a CLASS action suit based on the HSV vehicle? If you do please send an email to myself Paul [email protected]

badboybarge
05-16-2003, 01:57 AM
geez, im sorry to hear about that. maybe u should by a bmw like mine

steven flanagan
05-16-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm the biggest holden fan here but those holden dealers can be pricks.

SHAKER
12-31-2003, 11:29 PM
Yes ive heard many problems with particularly the engine in the new commodores. I know of a family member who has purchased a new vy ss with less than 10000 km on the clock, and they are having problems with "top end" engine noise and oil leaks which were supposedly were going to be fixed after he complained about it. If i spent that amount of money i would personally go to a current affairs show like today tonight, thats probarbly the only way youre gonna get their attention..

SHAKER
12-31-2003, 11:31 PM
Hello everyone.

Its with disgust that I am finding myself writting this letter.

I am an owner of a $75,000, fully optioned 2000 VX R8, I purchased the vehicle new, and its currently done 33,000 Km's.

This car has had two services in this time due for its third paid serivce.

The car is just about to have its THIRD engine.

70 other independent problems have been reported, with an average fix time of 2.5 goes at it.

I have had just about a full drive train replaced and that was within 10,000kms.

Holdens repsonse to all problems has been to denigh them or give some unfounded technical reply to them to bamboozel the customer.

This vehicle was purchased from GWS in Oakleigh Victoria.

I have asked for compensation, as yet after 5 months off the road and yet another visit still nothing.

I asked for a new car, no sir we cant do this.

I have spoken with the press, and an editor from one national daily said "we can not pursue this problem" I asked why and the answer was, we have done our quota of paid advertisements, when asked further I was told ont he side that the press in Victoria relies on heavy $ from GMH and other local manufacturers, so its not politically correct to publish articles like this.

Holden have prmised 12 months extra warranty yet like all the other promises refuse to put them in writting.

I have presented the car time and time again and are sick of it, are there any legal people out there who know of or have started a CLASS action suit based on the HSV vehicle? If you do please send an email to myself Paul [email protected]
Heres an idea, trade it in on a new ba gt

crisis
01-12-2004, 05:32 PM
While VXR8lemons problem is inexcusable I must put it in context. There will be a long list of people who like him, have bought lemons. I have a mate who works as a service manager for a Holden dealership and he has told me first hand of the problems with the VTs and VX Gen 3s. In every case they are repaired or replaced. He should know, he bought a VX and had the engine replaced. I have a VY that has covered over 20000ks and does not use any oil between services. My mate has told me that he has not seen any VYs present with the problem. I hope VXR8lemon gets his problem fixed but he would probably be better of getting rid of the heap and them letting everybody know the dealerships name that is being so obstructionist.

Falcon500
01-29-2004, 06:26 AM
Well i looked at the web site .www.notgoodenough.com.au and a name that kept popping up in the automotive section was holden 90% of the problems involved the genIII v8 holden recently charged the site to have their name taken off it in certain areas.
And i personally know quite a few people who have had problems 2 of my brothers mates one with a ute the other with a sedan have had problems the ute has had 2 new engine and the sedan has had a rebuild both are due again. And this is a dealership problem but one ofmybrothers work mates with a mall ute had an oil change done and being the type to cheak his car weekly (as you should) was disgusted to find out that they only done halfan oil change last multipble $$$ service he went in there barked at a few customers saying "i hope you get a full F***ing oil chage if you buy a car from here" they promply left and gave him a free service as well as a freebie next time for his silence.
Of course i know one person whos parents own a VX SS and her family have had no troubles with it.

SHAKER
01-30-2004, 01:12 AM
well i wasnt got to mention it, seeing holden is getting many a bad wrap for there gen 3, but a plumber at work bought a vy ss it hasnt even clocked up 10000 kms yet and hes complaing of "top end tapping" noises, and oil leaks which the dealers were spose to be fix, but apparantly he says its getting worse....he said he thought they would of fixed the gen 3 probs by now, and he is spewing so much so that he bought a ba ford ute as his work car, and ditched his commodore work car(which was a vr commy).

fpv_gtho
02-01-2004, 03:31 AM
well with 4 or so years of having the engine, yeah you would think that with any existing complaints theyd be able to get the cars in, fix the problem then get them out straight away, but the dealers are always trying to screw you around when it comes to redeeming the warranty. im surprised but at how many people are using XR6 utes for work, like ive counted countless amounts going around with either their plumbing gear in the back or a ladder or something

SHAKER
02-01-2004, 03:57 AM
well with 4 or so years of having the engine, yeah you would think that with any existing complaints theyd be able to get the cars in, fix the problem then get them out straight away, but the dealers are always trying to screw you around when it comes to redeeming the warranty. im surprised but at how many people are using XR6 utes for work, like ive counted countless amounts going around with either their plumbing gear in the back or a ladder or something
xr6s or one tonners? a lot of people are buying ba tray tops because theyre only about 22 thousand dollars, which is pretty cheap for a brand new 6 cyl ute, they come out standard with air aswell

fpv_gtho
02-01-2004, 04:32 AM
well both, i think the XL cab chassis starts at $25K but if you were to get one through a business you might only pay $22K. i dont think they come standard with air though, i know the sedan does but i think its one of the things that got put aside to make the car as cheap as possible

SlickHolden
05-23-2004, 01:35 PM
When you sell so many cars there is always people that have duds. There is a guy in st-albans victoria that owns a SII vx clubsport R8 red this thing is thrassed his parents must own a tyre factory 35,000k and bang it's over. I know of a new Vy exec that was bought by a shopping centre to pick up the trollys, First day cracked 2 hoses water pump and power steering. the gen3 is a great engine untill it stops lol :D

NAZCA C2
05-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Too bad you don't have a lemon law. Here where I live there is a law that if your car has several major problems then the you can get a new vehicle. I don't know if this law works but its kind of a good idea.

fpv_gtho
05-24-2004, 02:41 AM
guys, this is a dead thread

Sant0
06-03-2004, 02:59 AM
Its not the dealer is that model motor.They were notorious for problems.Finally they have been resolved with less of a failure rate.Even BMW's have problems,they are currentley experiencing them......