junaman
04-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Pick your favourite 2:
Maybach 62
Mercedes Benz Pullman S 600 AMG
Rolls Royce Phantom
Bentley Arnage R
Cadillac Sixteen

Please look at all the cars before choosing don't just guess.

henk4
04-12-2004, 12:54 AM
We've had this thread before and omitting the Maserati QP is preventing to select the best one.

ravi_mody
04-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Definately the Bentley Arnage Red Label as far as it is self driven for the sheer joy of driving and luxury combined together.

Coventrysucks
04-12-2004, 12:04 PM
We've had this thread before and omitting the Maserati QP is preventing to select the best one.
:confused:
Your usually excellent english unfortunately has me stumped this time.

I can understand why people think that the Maybach is the best car, with all the high tech stuff, but it really doesn't look right.

Wheras the Phantom looks as if it has been hewn from a solid piece of metal, and despite not being a beautiful car, it is excuisitely detailled.

It clearly carries styling cues from past rollers, but combined in a modern avant-garde way.

Where is the heritage of Maybach? Where is the heritage of Mercedes?

It looks like a slightly bigger S class, I think that it will not stand the test of time, and won't be a future classic.

The interior of the Rolls in terms of quality and finish is also superior, despite not having as many gadgets as the Maybach.

The Maybach is for yuppies and celebs, lottery winners who have money to burn.

The Rolls is for the discerning gentleman, to accompany the country estate, saville row suit, and fine Port.
;)

henk4
04-12-2004, 12:42 PM
:confused:
Your usually excellent english unfortunately has me stumped this time.
;)

Thank you, what I wanted to say is that if you make a poll about the best limousine, you should include the QP. The others I do no want to be seen in.

junaman
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I'll add the QP now

junaman
04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Could you please tell me how to edit polls

junaman
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Why don't any of you like the Pullman?

Coventrysucks
04-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Why don't any of you like the Pullman?

When you have the more superior Mercedes in the form of the Maybach, it isn't really competition.
It may be a good car, but just not the best. :)

junaman
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
But what about the 2 TV's, the 3 computers. Air Freshener!!!
And the parallel seats

Foxbat
04-20-2004, 04:14 AM
The Maseratti is a lot nicer than the cars in the poll, in comparison it seems subtle, sensible, even understated. The others all seem to share that 'Gold Brick' sense of fashion, as if it didn't really matter what it looked like as long as it was clear the car was expensive :D

PsychoChimp22
04-23-2004, 09:09 PM
I think Maybach 62 all the way. It has everything you could ever want.

Nash
04-23-2004, 11:44 PM
An actually limo? the Rolls. The Maybach is beautiful and very luxurious, but the suicide doors are the difference. The Rolls is just too sexy.

Stretch limo? BMW 7 series.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I'd go Audi A8 actually.

It's always appealed to my head, being so competant at what it does, and the new face seems to work ok on it, regardless of it's beauty. MMI is better than i-Drive and it's all the car anyone will ever need. It's not vulgar, or repulsive, or oozing in wealth, but it's an understated compromise.

plus, you can go for a lower spec model without it looking like a Rental (Mercedes S350 anyone????)

dbtk
01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi. I just joined an saw this poll. I would nominate a more 'old school' selection: Mercedes 600.

Image moved to attachment by mod

Fleet 500
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I pick the factory-built Cadillac Limousines up to and including 1976. They have the ride you would expect in a limo, 9-passenger capacity and longevity.
Here is a '76:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2gxmkd2.jpg

h22a
01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
XJ superV8 Portfolio.
Failing that, Arnage R/T

Fleet 500
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I also like the stretch Cadillac and Lincoln limos.
I happened to see two stretch Lincoln limos, so I snapped a few pics with my Lincoln parked behind them.

My car looks small next to these two!

NicFromLA
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Of the cars here to be driven in I'd pick the Audi; luxurious without being ostentatious.

Quatroporte is the driver's car out of these, so why you'd want someone else to drive yours is a mystery to me - it's like hiring someone else to sleep with your mistress.

However for a car to be driven in, my first choice isn't one of the options: Lexus LS600h Hybrid. Quite, comfortable, smooth, good for the environment . . . Who cares if it's not fun to drive - I'm not driving it.

NSXType-R
01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Of the cars here to be driven in I'd pick the Audi; luxurious without being ostentatious.

Quatroporte is the driver's car out of these, so why you'd want someone else to drive yours is a mystery to me - it's like hiring someone else to sleep with your mistress.

However for a car to be driven in, my first choice isn't one of the options: Lexus LS600h Hybrid. Quite, comfortable, smooth, good for the environment . . . Who cares if it's not fun to drive - I'm not driving it.

Only somewhat good for the environment. :D

I would get a fully loaded LS460 extended instead of the LS600. That's if I were on a budget.

But if I were really rich, I'd go for the Audi W12. Awesome looking car.

NicFromLA
02-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Only somewhat good for the environment. :D

I would get a fully loaded LS460 extended instead of the LS600. That's if I were on a budget.

But if I were really rich, I'd go for the Audi W12. Awesome looking car.

LS600h has AWD, is quieter, has more torque and gets better fuel economy than the LS460.

That being said, I love the Audi A8 W12 too.

NSXType-R
02-05-2008, 02:17 PM
LS600h has AWD, is quieter, has more torque and gets better fuel economy than the LS460.

I dunno. The fuel savings isn't really that dramatic to get the LS600. I'd just rather save the money and get the fully loaded extended LS460.

Or the W12 Audi or even the S8.

Ferrer
02-05-2008, 03:50 PM

Why is AWD "better"?