PDA

View Full Version : I am scared of this Corvette.

Mr.Tiv
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Once upon a time this thing was a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette.

Now after it's been totaled twice, this monstosity has been created.

Here is the article from www.Hemmings.com

"Love Is Blue" - 1966 Chevrolet Corvette
by Blown&Blue

Wow, where to start. I've owned it since new, 40 years now. It's been 'totaled' twice in it's early first year of ownership & was used in drag racing, autocrossing, solo road racing as well as car shows, all while always being street driven. It's gone thru numerous mods and was converted to a mild steel full tube chassis Pro style in 1992. All body panels have been hand built by me without use of 'kit' panels. I designed & painted the body, engineered the mechanicals and designed interior mods. Twin 'Be-Cool' custom built alum radiators w/Spal 10" puller fans are mounted in the rear deck area to cool the motor up front driven by a CSI electric water pump.

It's currently a 468 ci 671 blown, 2X4 BG 750 cfm Mighty Demon, Brodix-2 aluminum headed, Milodon gear driven, solid roller cammed beast with Carillo steel rods, 4340 crank and Keith Black custom coated pistons. Oh, it also got a NX direct port nitrous rail system with pills up to 500 extra HP. It recently been converted from a G-Force non-syncro dog toothed 5-speed, to a 'built' Turbo 400 and 9" Ford 3:50 rear with Strange axels and Wilwood brakes. A polished C-4 'Vette front suspension and Eibach/Koni coil over suspension. It sits on massive Yoko AVS 345/35ZR15 fronts and Hoosier 29X18.50R15 Street Radial tires on Convo Pro 15X15 rear & 12X15 front rims. The exaust goes thru a custom built tube header to a flat 4 tube collector, thru a cross pipe to all 4 stainless steel 2.5" i.d. exhaust pipes ending in 4 Super Trapp 4'' mufflers w/o diffusers. Sweeeet burbble sound!

This car did the 'LONG HAUL' on the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2004, then I drove east to Washington, D.C. and south back to Florida for a total of 4,800 miles. So, yes, it's a street car still. I hope you like my 'LOVE'. A total photo history & description can been viewed at: www.cardomain.com/memberpage/591305. Be warned, it's got over 800 photos and will take a little time to see it all.

Save the wave, Glenn "Mr. Blue" Smith

It's nothing if not different.

Mr.Tiv
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
More pictures...

jediali
01-30-2007, 06:54 PM
dont know if there is much corvette left...

Mr.Tiv
01-30-2007, 06:55 PM
dont know if there is much corvette left...
No, not really. I have nothing else to call it though.

jediali
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
No, not really. I have nothing else to call it though.
how about "an engine"

Birdman002
01-30-2007, 06:59 PM
hmm 150k today and its prolly worth not much lol

mclaren_crazy
01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
anyone able to find out how much power it makes, I scanned the article quickly and didnt see anything

coolieman1220
01-30-2007, 08:31 PM
gotta love vettes

baddabang
01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
anyone able to find out how much power it makes, I scanned the article quickly and didnt see anything
825 HP
0-60 in 2.9 seconds
1/4 mile 9.8 seconds @ 143 MPH

Not bad for a street car.

Oh yeah and according to his CD page he was running a 500HP shot of nitrous.

bmwpower
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow that car is in its own class, take that for better or worse..

Vindesh17
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
holy mother of jebus....

ferrarifreak013
01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
wow that guy has some amazing skills

ScionDriver
01-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that blower could eat a child.

McReis
01-31-2007, 05:55 AM
wow that guy has some amazing skills
On destroying things, yes...

This was once one of the few beautiful american cars. Now it was eaten alive by the "bigger is better" thinking of it's owner.
I'd love to see that thing taking a corner :) One thing is for sure: the lunatic oldman can't see a kid crossing the street with that engine. So yes, it good sense to be scared. :)

baddabang
01-31-2007, 08:20 AM
On destroying things, yes...

This was once one of the few beautiful american cars. Now it was eaten alive by the "bigger is better" thinking of it's owner.
I'd love to see that thing taking a corner :) One thing is for sure: the lunatic oldman can't see a kid crossing the street with that engine. So yes, it good sense to be scared. :)

You need to get over the fact that customize your own vehicle with a bigger engine to go faster, and making a custom one off body and exhaust system like this corvette has, is awesome and not destructive. The whole point of building a custom car is making it the way you want it to be. I'd kill for this guys skills and ingenuity. Who really cares if it can take a corner? He built it to go fast on the street and he proved it can do this by driving it from Texas to Wisconsin.

McReis
01-31-2007, 08:44 AM
You need to get over the fact that customize your own vehicle with a bigger engine to go faster, and making a custom one off body and exhaust system like this corvette has, is awesome and not destructive.
It's destrctive in the sense that it doesn't preserve the originality of the car. Or even worse, it's an irreversible transformation. I never agree with any kind of classic car transformation that is irreversible.

The whole point of building a custom car is making it the way you want it to be. I'd kill for this guys skills and ingenuity. Who really cares if it can take a corner? He built it to go fast on the street and he proved it can do this by driving it from Texas to Wisconsin.
The only place in the world where such an hideous thing can be driven on the street is in US. A car like that would be absolutely forbidden to use a public road. And thank god for that!
BTW: a car is only a car when it can take corners.

Cotterik
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
must be something if he needs 14 guages to tell him how fast he's going

nopassn
01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Ford Thunderbird headlights - in a Vette... the irony...

VtecMini
01-31-2007, 10:13 AM
I think this is why designers look after the aesthetics and engineers look after the oily bits and they generally don't do each others' jobs.

kigango123
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
pretty narli, but you really cant call it a vette any more, its like them rolex prototypes with a corvette body plus big blower, i especially like the gauges on the blower.

nota
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I think its pretty damn cool

For forty years its been His car. And its evolved into His vision, using His undoubted skills, and expressly for His enjoyment

There's clearly a hell of a lot of workmanship and love gone into that car, to get it to what he wants it to be. Good on 'im I say

Mr.Tiv
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
It's destrctive in the sense that it doesn't preserve the originality of the car. Or even worse, it's an irreversible transformation. I never agree with any kind of classic car transformation that is irreversible.
I would ususally agree with that, however, in this case it don't find it to be a big deal. The car it started out with was ruined. The car it is now isn't really a Corvette at all-I only called it that because I was tired and couldn't think of a beter name for the thread.

Personally, I don't like it. I think it's quite ugly and far too ridiculous, but I decided I'd post it here to see what other people think. I do respect him for executing it rather professionally, no matter how tastelessly.

Sledgehammer
02-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeh, It may get 850 hp with 500 nitrous shot, but, how fast does it go around the Nurburgring? :)

About the car. Those twin blower ports look large enough to stick your head in. I also feel sorry for the bug's which find themselfs in its path. Looks mechanically well put together and the engine must put the weight ratio to 90% front. That engine though comes at a cost, and those costs are the looks (IMO).

*edit* One more thing, I dont believe that he has wide enough rear tires. They havent yet joined in the middle.