PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Picture files!

painterr
04-12-2004, 05:38 AM
I will explain how to reduce your files of your pics with out having to make your pic smaller. This is for all people that have Photoshop. I know it will work from versions 6 through 8 of photoshop. I think it will for 5 but not for sure. If it doesnt let me know.

When you are done working on you pic:

1. go to file at the top left and open it.

2. then go to save for the web and open it

3. Then a window will come up and you will see your pic in it and at the top of the pic you will see four tabs click on optimize; at the bottom of the pic you will see this: jpg, and the size of the pic as "of right now"!!

4. to the right you will see two rows of little windows.
go to the first row, top one and make sure it says jpg in it! (just above the two rows there is one window also dont worry about that one)

5. Now in the seconded row top one should say next to it quality. to the right of the window is a little arrow head click on that and a slide bar opens so you can adjust your file size. (try and not go below 30 percent) as you adjust it you will see the size under the pic change. I try and keep it as close to 100k as I can with out loosing to much details of my pic.

I hope that is clear to where it is easy to understand!

Mustang
04-12-2004, 06:01 AM
I will explain how to reduce your files of your pics with out having to make your pic smaller. This is for all people that have Photoshop. I know it will work from versions 6 through 8 of photoshop. I think it will for 5 but not for sure. If it doesnt let me know.

When you are done working on you pic:

1. go to file at the top left and open it.

2. then go to save for the web and open it

3. Then a window will come up and you will see your pic in it and at the top of the pic you will see four tabs click on optimize; at the bottom of the pic you will see this: jpg, and the size of the pic as "of right now"!!

4. to the right you will see two rows of little windows.
go to the first row, top one and make sure it says jpg in it! (just above the two rows there is one window also dont worry about that one)

5. Now in the seconded row top one should say next to it quality. to the right of the window is a little arrow head click on that and a slide bar opens so you can adjust your file size. (try and not go below 30 percent) as you adjust it you will see the size under the pic change. I try and keep it as close to 100k as I can with out loosing to much details of my pic.

I hope that is clear to where it is easy to understand!

that is amazing i wish that i had found that way earlier, my chop has gone from 15mb to 103 kb :eek:

Matt
04-12-2004, 06:20 AM
People also need to know that this procedure does diminish the quality of the picture.

UK CARS
04-12-2004, 09:58 AM
finally i have solved my jpeg saving problem thanks to you painterrrrrrrrrr!!!
cheers. :)

painterr
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
People also need to know that this procedure does diminish the quality of the picture.

Thanks Matt for bring that up! Yes you can deminish you pic if you go to low! that is why I try and stay around 100 to 150k in my file size.

It is great to see it helped you guys! Once you get comfortable in doing it that way I will give you a address if I still have it of a plugin that will make your files smaller but still keep you quality up! It is called BoxTop Pro JPEG 5.0 It does a better job compressing the files with out loosing the quality.