PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Gallardo alternatives!

adperrak
02-08-2007, 05:06 AM
Please post ideas for Lamborghini Gallardo alternatives. Please take into consideration the following: Price, BHP, Weight, High second hand value, Looks.

Pictures will be highly appreciated!

clutch-monkey
02-08-2007, 05:08 AM
997 GT3 or GT3RS ftw
maybe a spyker even, how much do they cost?

adperrak
02-08-2007, 05:21 AM
GT3RS

Good ideal although not equaly exotic. Price about the same. Spyker too expensive!

jorismo
02-08-2007, 05:23 AM
A GTR3RS not exotic? I don't know about you, but the chances on seeing a Gallardo are bigger than a GTR3RS (at least for NED)

adperrak
02-08-2007, 05:31 AM
A GTR3RS not exotic? I don't know about you, but the chances on seeing a Gallardo are bigger than a GTR3RS (at least for NED)

Rare is different to exotic! A GT3RS has the same shape to a regular 997 which according to my taste it's not as exotic as a lambo or a ferrari.

jorismo
02-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Rare is different to exotic! A GT3RS has the same shape to a regular 997 which according to my taste it's not as exotic as a lambo or a ferrari.

You just scored a point...

Other alternative: Aston Martin DB9 perhaps, or a Vanquish S...

adperrak
02-08-2007, 05:42 AM
You just scored a point...

Other alternative: Aston Martin DB9 perhaps, or a Vanquish S...

I just love Astons. However I beleive that both suggestions are more expensive with poorer performance figures; I would be happy though to pay a little extra for a James Bond DBS

Ferrer
02-08-2007, 05:48 AM
With all the news about the new Esprit why not go with the old dog, the Lotus Esprit V8?

adperrak
02-08-2007, 05:56 AM
With all the news about the new Esprit why not go with the old dog, the Lotus Esprit V8?

Let's be reasonable! The only lotus worth talking for is the Exige S. And still not possible to compare to a Gallardo.

Ferrer
02-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Let's be reasonable! The only lotus worth talking for is the Exige S. And still not possible to compare to a Gallardo.
Erm why? Why is the Esprit not worth in your opinion?

adperrak
02-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Erm why? Why is the Esprit not worth in your opinion?

The esprit is a quite old car (2002-2003) with a poor transmission and gearbox system. Additionally the particular lotus lacks reliability mainly due to its turbo-chargers. Finally I believe its looks are a bit surpassed.

lightweight
02-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Let's wait for the new Esprit. Then we can state our opinions.

Until then the R8 is a cheap derivative.

The Corvette - Viper is another one (though aiming at a different target group)

The F430 of course from Ferrari

adperrak
02-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Let's wait for the new Esprit. Then we can state our opinions.

Until then the R8 is a cheap derivative.

The Corvette - Viper is another one (though aiming at a different target group)

The F430 of course from Ferrari

The R8 is a Gallardo substitute not a Gallardo alternative :D
The Viper is nice but I will agree with the different target group argument.
The F430, yes that's an alternative... however it is more expensive for no particular reason... and some may argue less reliable!

Ferrer
02-08-2007, 07:10 AM
The esprit is a quite old car (2002-2003) with a poor transmission and gearbox system. Additionally the particular lotus lacks reliability mainly due to its turbo-chargers. Finally I believe its looks are a bit surpassed.
And the Lamborghini is a Volkswagen, so what?

adperrak
02-08-2007, 07:35 AM
And the Lamborghini is a Volkswagen, so what?

Absolutely irrelevant point! You cannot persuade me that the esprit is a similar car to the Gallardo. Sorry mate!

Ferrer
02-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Absolutely irrelevant point! You cannot persuade me that the esprit is a similar car to the Gallardo. Sorry mate!
Well to me it is, if I wanted a mid engined sportscar the Lotus is still a compelling option and certainly much more special than the rather mainstream Gallardo. But if you wanted the usual answers...

Turbo.Jenkens
02-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Thought the Ford GT might be worth mentioning, but if i were in the market for that kind of car I would pick a 430 hands down.

Turbo.Jenkens
02-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Slightly used Ferrari 575s and Diablos would be close to the same price range. Possibly even a 02 or 03 Murcielago

lightweight
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
The R8 is a Gallardo substitute not a Gallardo alternative :D
The Viper is nice but I will agree with the different target group argument.
The F430, yes that's an alternative... however it is more expensive for no particular reason... and some may argue less reliable!

The Gallardo costs US$175,000 (wikipedia), whereas, based on "Edmunds.com", the MSRP for an F1 style Ferrari F430 is $178,906. So they are pretty even, with the Gallardo a tad more expensive if you add the e-gear option.

As far as the R8 is concerned, it is an alternative, as it is a GT not a less powerful sport-focused car (then it would be a substitute). In the same way that a DB9 is a competitor to the Gallardo.

Another competitor is the Ford GT.

lightweight
02-08-2007, 08:13 AM

The Esprit is not in production anymore. The one that will be sold in 2-3 years will be a competitor to the Gallardo. However it will probably be a more race-focused type of sports car.

The fact that the one car has reliability issues, is irrelevant to the fact that both cars were aimed at the same market segment.

The Mercedes SLK and The BMW Z4 are aimed at the same segment, however the SLK had problems with its roof mechanism. Does that stops them being competitors? Don't think so

Pando
02-08-2007, 08:20 AM
It depends a bit on where you're living, but from the top of my head:
All Ferrari's, All Maserati's, All Aston Martin's, TVR's, Spyker's, Porsche's, Corvette C6 & Z06, Viper, Ford GT even the Audi R8. I'd throw in all AMG's, M's and RS's as well. Anything is a better alternative.

digitalcraft
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Panoz Esperante

"An Esperante managed to win the GT2 class at the 2006 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is usually dominated by Porsche 911 GT3. The best of the 911s led until the final hour but ran into trouble, finishing one lap behind the Panoz, with a Ferrari F430 ten laps down. Other competitors in that class were two Spyker C8s which showed promising performance, but did not finish. This success is a remarkable one for the road-going version of Panoz."

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Panoz/100704037/20033214-396x249.jpg

carsnut
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Here we are. The Ferrari 360CS. Usually costs slightly more, but is quite a bit faster:rolleyes: . I found a 2004 Ferrari 360CS going for $170,000 with 19' HRE wheels and the radio and leather seats option. It has done 6527 Miles. Now the other listing: A 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo with E-Gear with Navigation System. It has only done 3203 miles but it costs just $145,888. That is about at $25000 difference. Though remember, the 360 being listed is the Challenge Stradale. It shows 360's don't really suffer as much from depreciation as the Gallardo is. Though, the 360 Modena may be an exception to the above statement. BTW the car below was not the car being listed, though it is similar.

FYI the 360CS was Black/Black. The Gallardo was Medium Blue/Blue and Tan.

lightweight
02-09-2007, 07:19 AM
It shows 360's don't really suffer as much from depreciation as the Gallardo is.

You are referring to the CS.

A safer comparison would be the normal Modena vs the Gallardo, since the CS was a limited edition, so it's normal to be priced higher

carsnut
02-09-2007, 07:54 PM
You are referring to the CS.

A safer comparison would be the normal Modena vs the Gallardo, since the CS was a limited edition, so it's normal to be priced higher

True, though it is so much faster for $25000 more. (referring to the Challenge Stradale:D )

Though, the 360 Modena may be an exception to the above statement.

I metioned the 360 Modena was an exception (I can't find the orginal retail price, some help here??), though a 2004 Ferrari 360 Modena usually goes for $125,000 or so these days. Compared to that $145,888 Gallardo, its a $20,888 difference, though the 360 Spider and the 360CS go for alot more than a 360 Modena does.

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Audi R8

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Audi R8
Lamborghini for people that can't afford a Lamborghini?

:D

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Lamborghini for people that can't afford a Lamborghini?

:D

In a nutshell, yes. And apparently it's as good to drive, if not better than a Porsche 911, it's a winner all round!

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
In a nutshell, yes. And apparently it's as good to drive, if not better than a Porsche 911, it's a winner all round!
Except that it's completely souless. And the fact that the RS4 costs a whopping £26,000 less.

Alfa Romeo 8C all the way.

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 03:09 PM
It's not completely soul less but more soul less in comparison to the 8C, I've been reading about it in this months EVO and I have to say it's a fantastic looking car but then again, it was designed by a German...;)

Mr.Tiv
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll go with a Noble, or a used TVR.

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
If you take the TVR, keep a Fire Extinguisher handy.

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
It's not completely soul less but more soul less in comparison to the 8C, I've been reading about it in this months EVO and I have to say it's a fantastic looking car but then again, it was designed by a German...;)
There's another problem. Despite having a clever aluminium chasis it still weights 1635kg. And that's a lot. Basically coming to think of it I don't think this car offers anything remarkable compared to its rivals.

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
"The best V8 in the business"
"Fantastic build quality"
Awesome looks and no doubt it'll be reliable more reliable than say an Alfa or Aston.

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
"The best V8 in the business"
"Fantastic build quality"
Awesome looks and no doubt it'll be reliable more reliable than say an Alfa or Aston.
I don't think reliability is high on the list of potential buyers. Anyway there's the Porsche 911 Carrera S if you want german engineering, and it is £11,000 cheaper than the Audi. For me, taking into account the Alfa Romeo is already sold out, a Maserati Gransport will do.

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
The Audi is as good as the Porsche, if not better but yeah, that price, Audi's certainly not being shy...

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
The Audi is as good as the Porsche, if not better but yeah, that price, Audi's certainly not being shy...
I suppose they rely on the association R8 = multiple Le Mans winner, even if the two cars don't share a single bolt. I guess that the diesel engined R8 will be called R10... :rolleyes:

Jack_Bauer
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
The Audi is as good as the Porsche, if not better...
What are you basing that on? aside from your fanboyism...

Waugh-terfall
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
What are you basing that on? aside from your fanboyism...

Up yours!:p

Evo Issue 102 Collectors Edition March 2007 Page: 88 "Audi's Moment Of Truth"

h00t_h00t
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
If you take the TVR, keep a Fire Extinguisher handy.
Any reason, other than "Because Richard Hammond implied that they burst into flames"?

They are only as bad as the people who fail to maintain them tbh.

Jack_Bauer
02-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Evo Issue 102 Collectors Edition March 2007 Page: 88 "Audi's Moment Of Truth"
They said it was a very good car. They also said they'd have to wait until they'd tested it on British roads against its rivals (Porsche, Aston etc) before they could give a definitive judgement. Considering the 997 Carrera S has consistently wiped the floor with all of it's rivals in the past I'd say the jury is still very much out on whether it is "as good, if not better" than the Porker.

Ferrer
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
They said it was a very good car. They also said they'd have to wait until they'd tested it on British roads against its rivals (Porsche, Aston etc) before they could give a definitive judgement. Considering the 997 Carrera S has consistently wiped the floor with all of it's rivals in the past I'd say the jury is still very much out on whether it is "as good, if not better" than the Porker.
What is interesting is how the Porsche manages to outperform its rivals despite the power deficit. And the fact that it's cheaper than all its rivals...

Vaigra
02-10-2007, 08:15 PM

Evo Issue 102 Collectors Edition March 2007 Page: 88 "Audi's Moment Of Truth"I'm an Audi fanboy too but what you're doing is what MDM did regarding his chops, take all the good and completely ignore anything else.
True, they said it was a good car but also said they'd have to wait until the cars were compared in the UK before passing final judgement on it. I do hope it does well, but right now it can't really be argued it's an all-out better car than the Porsche.

EDIT: Beaten to it by J_B. Go to bed, you! :p

lightweight
02-11-2007, 04:16 AM

Blaming a TVR's reliability ratings on their respective owners?

Now that's something I've never heard before.

Even Smolenski, when took over the company, tried to work out reliability issues. It was the first thing he did actually. But the thing about TVR is not only the mechanical reliability, but also poor build quality and testing.

TVR's are great cars for the first 1000 miles. Then you need to be a bit careful:D

Waugh-terfall
02-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Any reason, other than "Because Richard Hammond implied that they burst into flames"?

I was making a joke. Yeah, Uncle J's was fine, never had any problems other than it rolling part way down a hill as he was getting out then realising the handbrake lever isn't connected to anything for some reason.:confused:

Can't wait to see/read about the R8 vs 911 on British Roads, should be good. I am taking into account the price and the fact that the car seems busier than you'd expect and tire noise is a little much.

h00t_h00t
02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Blaming a TVR's reliability ratings on their respective owners?

Now that's something I've never heard before.

Even Smolenski, when took over the company, tried to work out reliability issues. It was the first thing he did actually. But the thing about TVR is not only the mechanical reliability, but also poor build quality and testing.

TVR's are great cars for the first 1000 miles. Then you need to be a bit careful:D
They've always had Italian levels of reliablilty, but it was only the Tuscan 1 and very early AJP Cerberas that were really unreliable. The rest is the same preventative maintenece you'd do on any supercar.

adperrak
02-12-2007, 05:07 AM
I'll go with a Noble, or a used TVR.

NOBLE the ultimate choice! Well done! Excellent choice!!!

jediali
02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
if you get a noble you become a:
http://museoprado.mcu.es/img/44b.jpeg

adperrak
02-12-2007, 05:17 AM
if you get a noble you become a:
http://museoprado.mcu.es/img/44b.jpeg

I already am a...

jediali
02-12-2007, 05:25 AM
...nobleman (i presume)

edit: but you own a gallardo?...

adperrak
02-12-2007, 05:30 AM
...nobleman (i presume)

edit: but you own a gallardo?...

Yes I do. I would like to sell it though to get the convertible one! I would love to buy a Noble, yet in Greece we don't have any official workshops for Nobles and thus I run the risk of ruining the warranty if any...:(

Ingolstadt
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Alfa 8C and R8.

kigango123
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
r8 or saleen, :D

you know what, forget i mentioned saleen!:(

02-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Zonda

what about Marcos?

Ingolstadt
03-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Zonda? it's even more expensive than a Murci ain't it? Again, if you want an alternative solely because you don't want to jump into the bandwagon full of Lambo, Ferraris, Porsche; then 8C or R8's the choice.

Ferrer
03-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Zonda? it's even more expensive than a Murci ain't it? Again, if you want an alternative solely because you don't want to jump into the bandwagon full of Lambo, Ferraris, Porsche; then 8C or R8's the choice.
The 8C is already sold out.

Ingolstadt
03-02-2007, 08:08 AM
The 8C is already sold out.

That's a lie, the pain stricken Fiat will do anything for $$$ they'll release perhaps a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione-i with perhaps 5hp more and a choice of Ferragamo or Versace interiorsand charge $15,000 more .... then it will sell out again, and then the 8C-GTR will arrive with full spoilers and such. Then perhaps a 8C Competizione Hyperlegarra etc...... marketers own nowadays, engineers and brand managers suck asses.....

Ferrer
03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
That's a lie, the pain stricken Fiat will do anything for $$$ they'll release perhaps a Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione-i with perhaps 5hp more and a choice of Ferragamo or Versace interiorsand charge $15,000 more .... then it will sell out again, and then the 8C-GTR will arrive with full spoilers and such. Then perhaps a 8C Competizione Hyperlegarra etc...... marketers own nowadays, engineers and brand managers suck asses.....
The 8C Compeitizione Coupe is sold and that's fact, and there's no possible arguing over that.

Many things can happen in the future.

Ingolstadt
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
The 8C Compeitizione Coupe is sold and that's fact, and there's no possible arguing over that.

Many things can happen in the future.

The point i wanted to make is, there will still be certain available variants, if there are more than enough people who enquired and wants to put order. Even the proud British Astons build a Aston Martin Hatchback for the Sultan of Brunei, succumbing to the great powers of $$$$$ dun think the italians wont, and all of us knew, the British is the worst at doing automotive business. The Italians won't get nosier than that. :)

ok,8C's finish. Next ~ !

wanker rotary
03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
.....is the only reasonable alternative. A porsche is relitively bland and slow, and god everybody will think you're a stock broker with five wives and a house in Malibu. A DB9 is all clincal and cool, but isn't properly fast, and lacks the idocacy or contradictivness of a supercar (not crazy enough) and the battery is.... british electrics. A The F430 is quintsentially better than a gallardo, as it is the better drivers car. Scratch that the best drivers car today. Not the most direct driving experience, becuase of all the electronic gizmos, but in the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my God it works." I can't think of a single car I'd rather drive down a winding road in the south of france.

clutch-monkey
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
A porsche is relitively bland and slow
which porsche are you referring to? the latest turbo is significantly faster than the f430...

wanker rotary
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, the turbo. That isn't a car, it is a showcase of technology. And although it is just as fast linearly, it isn't as fast as a gallardo or F430 in the bends. But perhaps porsche have tampered with the laws of physics again, making a seemingly idiotic engine position seem brilliant again. And the porsche turbo is still a porsche, so it comes with the porsche mystique. Which isn't good.

Ingolstadt
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
.....is the only reasonable alternative. A porsche is relitively bland and slow, and god everybody will think you're a stock broker with five wives and a house in Malibu. A DB9 is all clincal and cool, but isn't properly fast, and lacks the idocacy or contradictivness of a supercar (not crazy enough) and the battery is.... british electrics. A The F430 is quintsentially better than a gallardo, as it is the better drivers car. Scratch that the best drivers car today. Not the most direct driving experience, becuase of all the electronic gizmos, but in the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my God it works." I can't think of a single car I'd rather drive down a winding road in the south of france.

Having a F430, everyone will think you're a very successful stock broker, and that you had 10 wives with 20 supermodel girl friends, and you already had a slow and bland Porsche which you generally drove out to trick people into thinking you're only half as pervert as you actually are; and of course it also shows that you had an Aston Martin, which is clinical and cool but due it wasn't fast enough, and the battery is British (@#@$%%??? ) so of course you wouldn't want people to think you reverse your car using a button ont he dash, and hence by the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my god it works"; you are now having a F430 that you thought driving down the south of France will be cool, as seen on TV.

Get the Gallardo and shut up thread starter :p

wanker rotary
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Having a F430, everyone will think you're a very successful stock broker, and that you had 10 wives with 20 supermodel girl friends, and you already had a slow and bland Porsche which you generally drove out to trick people into thinking you're only half as pervert as you actually are; and of course it also shows that you had an Aston Martin, which is clinical and cool but due it wasn't fast enough, and the battery is British (@#@$%%??? ) so of course you wouldn't want people to think you reverse your car using a button ont he dash, and hence by the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my god it works"; you are now having a F430 that you thought driving down the south of France will be cool, as seen on TV.

Get the Gallardo and shut up thread starter :p
Holy moley, the forums alive! Just wondering, why would you actually want a gallardo? A murcielago is a supercar, the gallardo isn't really bang on. Its like a german italian supercar, with 4wd. That kills it for me, especially as the gallardo doesn't look crazy enough to be a supercar. To short, to simple, to concise. Oh yeah, if you've ever read a review on a DB9, you'll know about the battery. And about the porsche image comment, sorry, wasn't thinking. If you own an upscale sports car, everybody thinks your a dick, no matter what car. Just if you own a porsche, you will most probably be more insecure, and buy sunglasses from Dole and Gabbana, as well as where a baseball hat with a ferrari sticker on it.

clutch-monkey
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
And although it is just as fast linearly
no, as i said, it's faster. The guys over at Fchat had a race on the (then :() unrestricted roads up north, between M5's, an F430 and a 997 turbo. THe f430 left the M5's for dead, then in turn was beaten by a considerable margin by the 997.
iirc several magazines had the 0-60mph time down to 3.6 sec..

Yes But perhaps porsche have tampered with the laws of physics again, making a seemingly idiotic engine position seem brilliant again. And the porsche turbo is still a porsche, so it comes with the porsche mystique. Which isn't good.
this may be the case, i haven't driven a 997 turbo personally so i have little idea on it's handling :D but i have to ask if you have ever driven a porsche? if there's one thing that puts me off the turbo, it's the toneless exhaust note...

Kitdy
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I think there needs to be some kind of vote. I am a big Porsche fan, but having said that the RR ssetup is simply stupid. I would opt for the F430 over the 997 turbo or the Gallardo - IF I had that kind of money, which I never will.

The_Canuck
03-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Audi R8, nuff said.

Ingolstadt
03-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Audi R8, nuff said.

Me too!

Muscle_man993
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Corvette z06 is the way to go better performace than the Gallardo plus looks better so dont waste the money on the Gallardo

Corvette z06 performance HP 505, 0-60 3.7, Top speed 198

Gallardo performance HP 520, 0-60 4.0, Top speed 196

[EDIT: Merged posts]

Or if you do have the money the ferrari f430 would be a better choice, Or for the most Bang for your buck Get the ford gt. even a viper srt-10 coupe has better looks than a gallardo

Muscle_man993
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I think there needs to be some kind of vote. I am a big Porsche fan, but having said that the RR ssetup is simply stupid. I would opt for the F430 over the 997 turbo or the Gallardo - IF I had that kind of money, which I never will.

I agree the Ferrari F430 is better than the porsche 997 or the gallardo

Ingolstadt
03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Corvette z06 is the way to go better performace than the Gallardo plus looks better so dont waste the money on the Gallardo

Or if you do have the money the ferrari f430 would be a better choice, Or for the most Bang for your buck Get the ford gt. even a viper srt-10 coupe has better looks than a gallardo

Louis Vuittons are not worthed because they hold fewer stuffs than my Esprit.
Bally wasn't as comfort as my Bata.

Ingolstadt
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree the Ferrari F430 is better than the porsche 997 or the gallardo

I agree humans evolved from elephants which i don't think i should explain or elaborate further.

KingNothing
03-14-2007, 09:42 PM

I agree, go Z06 those things are mean as hell and wipe the floor with most Euro sportscars. As for gts and SRT-10s, yea they are cool but Corvette still especialy with the new "SS" and the lingenfelter twin turbo vettes.

Viper007
03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Ford GT
DB9
Vanquish
F430
Bentley Continental GT
If you are considering the Viper/Z06 buy it and use some of the left over money to modify it and the looks you will get when you blow the doors off the lambo/other exotic you were going to buy will be priceless. They will go home sit and the couch and think....but its just not possible

KingNothing
03-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Ford GT
DB9
Vanquish
F430
Bentley Continental GT
If you are considering the Viper/Z06 buy it and use some of the left over money to modify it and the looks you will get when you blow the doors off the lambo/other exotic you were going to buy will be priceless. They will go home sit and the couch and think....but its just not possible
Not to big a fan of the DB9 or Vanquish, but the F430 is always good and that Continental GT looks nice. As for the Z06 route, the lingenfelter TT corvette is around $85-90k+base Z51 and has 725 hp/730 tq. It probably doesnt need any mods to smoke up a Euro car...its just too bad only 25 will be sold haha

AutoJournalist
03-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Noble M15?

h22a
03-28-2007, 12:32 AM

Performance terms your right but as a complete package(money aside) the gallardo is a much better car in my opinion. AWD, higher level of luxury, tasty V10 sound, italian lines etc. If dollar came into it the vette destroys it.
For me the new gen esprit but as it doesnt exist probably a DB9S.

Ferrer
03-28-2007, 01:08 AM
probably a DB9S.
That doesn't exist either, at least yet.

2ndclasscitizen
03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Yes it does. The DB9S is the DB9 with the Sport package (wheels, suspension, undertray)

Ferrer
03-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes it does. The DB9S is the DB9 with the Sport package (wheels, suspension, undertray)
But it isn't called the DB9S, is it? (At least AFAIK)

h22a
03-28-2007, 06:25 PM
preety sure it is, i heard it was replacing the vanquish as the flagship

Ferrer
03-29-2007, 02:56 AM
preety sure it is, i heard it was replacing the vanquish as the flagship
So you mean the DBS, which isn't out yet nor we know when will it be.

h22a
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
So you mean the DBS, which isn't out yet nor we know when will it be.

actually according to Melbourne city Aston and rolls royce they have started taking orders for the DBS. So i'd assume it is out ferrer.

Or is due to come out very soon

MadMax13
03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Get the new Lamborghini Gallardo SuperLeggera...

Ferrer
03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
actually according to Melbourne city Aston and rolls royce they have started taking orders for the DBS. So i'd assume it is out ferrer.

Or is due to come out very soon
Well at least officially it hasn't been presented yet. And Rolls-Royce dealers taking DBS's orders? That's odd.

h22a
03-30-2007, 12:37 AM
read my quote again and you will notice that i stated Aston ferrer. I just spoke to the head mechanic at Melb city Aston and he said the vehicle its definetly coming out and their taking orders. Its due to hit aussie shores around late this year or early next year.

Ferrer
03-30-2007, 12:42 AM
read my quote again and you will notice that i stated Aston ferrer. I just spoke to the head mechanic at Melb city Aston and he said the vehicle its definetly coming out and their taking orders. Its due to hit aussie shores around late this year or early next year.
I'm not denying it's coming, I'm just saying it's just not here yet. ;)

h22a
03-30-2007, 12:53 AM
have you proved your point yet ferrrer. Or do you need to keep coming back with pointless statements.
I'd have a DBS in December

Ferrer
03-30-2007, 12:56 AM
have you proved your point yet ferrrer. Or do you need to keep coming back with pointless statements.
I'd have a DBS in December
Alright...

The Aston Martin range (http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/thecars)

Where's the bloody DBS?

ANDREW G
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Irrelevant picture:p

adrenaline
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Irrelevant picture:p

If it's irrelevant, then don't post it ;)

DesmoRob
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
When it comes to lots of money and big power figures, then personally I'll have one of these over a Gallardo. Any other performance car, I'll take an older NSX.

Kooper
04-06-2007, 02:59 AM
How I wish BMW would bring out a CSL version of the M6, with proper aero addenda and an actual low(er) weight. Plus of course minus the governor or the iDrive. Well, iDrive could stay if it has only two options to choose from: fast and faster.

If they could price it low enough to be reasonable, I'd consider something like that. Not a supercar, but something that can do the business.

ANDREW G
04-06-2007, 07:11 AM
FORDS GT very cool American car late model and this 1:D Not for nerds:cool:

adrenaline
04-06-2007, 07:25 AM

The GT40 in your pictures is not a late model :p

Pando
04-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Here's an idea, why don't you start a new thread called Andy's random pictures or something and post your pictures there? That way they will probably be more appreciated and generate less negative feelings.

ANDREW G
04-06-2007, 09:48 AM
The GT40 in your pictures is not a late model :p
and this 1 original:confused: life is good think positive guys photo gallery is a good idea!

ANDREW G
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Here's an idea, why don't you start a new thread called Andy's random pictures or something and post your pictures there? That way they will probably be more appreciated and generate less negative feelings.Here is an idea post some pictures of your cars see if you gererate positive or negative comments we will call it Andys random comments:mad:

Pando
04-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Here is an idea post some pictures of your cars see if you gererate positive or negative comments we will call it Andys random comments:mad:
We could do that. Ooooor we could just go with plan A.

ANDREW G
04-06-2007, 10:03 AM
You like to read v-12 motor 11-1 compression 630 horse power,6 speed auto,18"Pirelli tires,1/4 time 11.8@124mph, price $323160 for you$379000 outside USA:D :cool: 2 avialible:) Now be nice and get your shine box boys!:mad:

Pando
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
You like to read v-12 motor 11-1 compression 630 horse power,6 speed auto,18"Pirelli tires,1/4 time 11.8@124mph, price $323160 for you$379000 outside USA:D :cool: 2 avialible:) Now be nice and get your shine box boys!:mad:
A sneak preview of Andy's random comments?

Pando
04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Here is an idea post some pictures of your cars see if you gererate positive or negative comments we will call it Andys random comments:mad:
:sigh: Ok then, but this is only because of my obligations to be nice:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=690762#post690762

RazaBlade
04-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Ive just ventured across this... it is just me or is Andy's style reeeeally similar to the slightly crazy guy (ive forgotten his name) who wrote long winded, poetic pieces of garble?

Pando
04-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Ive just ventured across this... it is just me or is Andy's style reeeeally similar to the slightly crazy guy (ive forgotten his name) who wrote long winded, poetic pieces of garble?
Ali baba or MDM?

Coventrysucks
04-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Ali baba or MDM?

Why is it that all these people all come from the USA?

"What", FerrariPrinze and several others who are constantly antagonistic/ irrelevant/ downright rude too.

Is it something in the water?

Roscco
04-16-2007, 02:51 PM
How about a MB CLK 63 AMG BLACK SERIES ?

Seemingly its more or less a CLK DTM but newer and more powerful.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/3194-6.jpg

More info here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=3194

The_Canuck
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Wohoo! Finally some good spam :p

2ndclasscitizen
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Seemingly its more or less a CLK DTM but newer and more powerful.

And of course by more and less a CLK DTM you mean not really a CLK DTM, and by more powerful you mean less powerful.

2ndclasscitizen
04-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Here we go, a faster track alternative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7ib05VqE4

Ingolstadt
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM

vulgar. obscene.

clutch-monkey
05-10-2007, 10:54 PM

i thought he wanted good alternatives though :confused:

don_85
05-25-2007, 06:25 AM
A Noble M15 Quicker Than The Lambo And Rare Powered By DOHC V6 3L Twin Turbo!!!
Or Save A Ton Of Money And Buy R34 GTR.

Cyco
05-25-2007, 08:06 AM
M15: So rare its yet to be built
Skyline: not an alternative

Ferrer
05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
And if he is lives in America both will be difficult to obtain, unpractical to run.

clutch-monkey
05-25-2007, 05:18 PM
unless you belong to a certain sub-culture/ethnic background..yo.

maxvan
05-27-2007, 01:00 AM
wow this car is so coooool