PDA

View Full Version : F*%&^*$#*ing Roos Part Deux

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Well This sucks.

Driving home from a night out in Civic last night at 2:30am, crusing legally along Yamba Drive in Woden. I pull slowly up the hill, Claudia chugging along at her usual tick-tick-tick pace. Suddenly i see two Kangaroo's - one in each lane (pre-planned?) blocking my path. I knew we were going to hit at least one of them.

I brake - heavily. Claudia skids. I reach for the High Beams and the horn - blasting seems to have woken them up from their zombie like state. Kangaroo in left lane bounds off to side of road. Kangaroo in right lane is a little bit slower......We connect.

Fortunately for us she goes under the front bumper. there is a god-awful thud and my back-seat passenger - mildly intoxicated - starts screaming. I just freeze.

Skippy hasn't gone under the car - and just sort of shakes it off. she bounds off across the other two lanes of road and into the bush. we see her fall. but she gets back up. she's fine.

Claudia, on the other hand, has suffered at the hands of skippy. Total damage bill is a fairly minor $300. i don't think i've stopped shaking.

heres some pictures of the damage - the last picture is my Kidney grille - it shattered in the impact. the headlight still works but the bulb has been shifted - so it aims much higher.

so, i repeat, F*^($&^(#)ing KANGAROOS!

clutch-monkey
02-09-2007, 12:20 AM
i tell you, kangaroos are waging war on cars and trying totake the roads off us.
good to hear you're intact and damage is relatively minor.

Equinox
02-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Damn Skippy. Kangaroo should have took steriods. It could have moved out of the way faster.

$300 damage... and the kangaroo wont pay a cent!:mad:

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm planning to fashion some sort of chicken-wire covering for the Fan. god knows i don't want that thing to shatter - or suck in small children.

clutch-monkey
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
last two kangaroo's that ran into me had to be put down with a crowbar and a shotgun, respectively.
if you break their legs in the collision, you'd better not leave them as is.

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
You know what it is, If you were driving a Australian built car the roo would have moved aside and given you more respect, It see's a overseas car and says he eats me they all eat me.

Your very lucky it didn't come up into the window or bust your radiator shit glad your safe but:)., And what a shame you didn't have one of clutches love machines cause then you could have busted a cap in him.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 12:38 AM
The Kangaroo bounded away before i could kill her. i totally felt like it, mind.

and the next car - a Falcon taxi, no less - had to swerve to miss the second one. methinks they were related because when the victim bounded right the other one followed him.

believe me, they don't move.

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 12:42 AM
There pretty hard to kill to they are a thick skinned bugger.
Lucky your safe and they didn't **** the car up to bad.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 12:46 AM
The car's still driveable - the headlight will defect me should i drive at night.

It's not so much me i was worried about - i had two inebriated girls in the car at the time. i don't think one of them has stopped crying.

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Well if you need help sticking it back together i have many hours of this type of experience;) Tape hammer socket set screw drivers foot elbow bum:D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Nah - i've got the professionals on it. a minor tap here and there, a new grille and headlight, and i'm set.

I'm rather annoyed actually. i didn't even get any roo on my car......

nota
02-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Bad news :(

But if you do end up getting out of this roo strike for only $300 you're doing better than most

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Professional! They charge to much i'm the real deal:p

Next time your out and you see a roo limping grab the gun and yell you! Bang bang:D then he will be roo ted.

clittle
02-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Too True $300 isn't that bad a get out of hitting a roo.... Speaking from experience..... They've got my vote for the dumbest animal on EARTH... and the most expensive to hit....

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm extremely lucky to have gotten off so lightly. but it still shook me up.

nota
02-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Too True $300 isn't that bad a get out of hitting a roo.... Speaking from experience..... They've got my vote for the dumbest animal on EARTH... and the most expensive to hit....
I think the average repair cost is between $3-4k

Back around 2003 my wife and I managed to hit four roos between us in 18 months. Result? Two write-offs and two major repairs :mad:

Welcome to the forum mate :)

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 01:23 AM
one of dad's workmates swerved to miss a kangaroo in Alice Springs. he severely broke hiis arm when the car rolled over. another person in the car died :(

clutch-monkey
02-09-2007, 01:36 AM
The Kangaroo bounded away before i could kill her. i totally felt like it, mind.
yeah, the last one i hit was in a white VP commodore in january - thankfully only cracked the front bumper a bit and no damage to the radiator.
Unfortunately it had broken it's legs and was hobbling by the side of the road trying to move :(
We were at a loss as to how to put it out of it's misery - since, you know, i don't carry my lethal injection kit everywhere i go :rolleyes: - until we remembered we had 9 guns packed deep in the boot. i think the most damage done in the whole incident was when the hammer on the little shotgun ripped the seat when david tried to pull it out of the rear seat cubby hole.

fpv_gtho
02-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I think i'll repeat the sentiment, that you look to have been extremely lucky to get off the way you did. Needless to say, whatever damage was recieved is of course unwanted damage.

Cyco
02-09-2007, 01:54 AM
That sucks, I'd sue the roo for robbing you of the 3sum :p

nota
02-09-2007, 01:54 AM
one of dad's workmates swerved to miss a kangaroo in Alice Springs. he severely broke hiis arm when the car rolled over. another person in the car died :(
When my wife emmigrated over from Europe I made sure to repeatedly impress on her the importance of NOT attempting the instinctual swerve when you encounter a roo on the highway. Thank goodness I did because within a few years she three times struck reasonably big roos at very high speed

Luckily those hits were in solid older and traditional-size local sedans with the bluff front, not small modern compacts with their typically downward-raking bonnet just ready to scoop a roo straight into and through the windshield

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 01:57 AM
thats just how they were meant to be scooped up - most of those cars hit people in their home country. and god knows people are much less severely injured by glass then metal:rolleyes:

Mr. Jinx
02-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Glad to hear you (and the roo) are ok. ;)

I've only had 1 experience with one of the bastards. On a trip to Townsville, we're cuirsing along the Bruce Hwy at 100km/h. I look to the right and I see two kangaroos jumping alongside the road. I think, "oh, how pleasant". Then they jump INTO the car!

Don't know how they fared...just found some fur on the front right mudflap. Sounded like a pretty decent hit though.

adrenaline
02-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Don't mess with those roos :) Good to hear you and the car are okay!

I've never had any experiences with kangaroos, but strangely a parot flew into my car whilst I was driving about 3 weeks ago. Yes, a parot.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 02:50 AM
do you mean a Parrot?

a Parot is indeed a rare species. you should feel privelidged it chose your car to run into.

IWantAnAudiRS6
02-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Whoa, nice... if you want, ship all the 'roos over here and I'll show them what it feels like to be ploughed into at 120km/h by a large semi :p do you think they'd just burst?

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 03:25 AM
i think your puny semi trailers (one trailer, lol) would burst beforehand. Kangaroos are mostly Terminator. some flesh.

Matra et Alpine
02-09-2007, 03:30 AM
I was going to say unlucky ... but having read the posts from the rest of you I can only say WOW.... Didn't realise hits were that often.

I'd definitely NOT be buying a European spec car over there. I'd want something that WONT protect the 'roo and direct it on to the bonnet and screen.

Glad all are safe and damage isnt' too bad.
Do 'roo hits badly affect your insurance rates ??

IBrake4Rainbows
02-09-2007, 03:33 AM
It all depends really.

My BMW seemed to stand up well to the accident - although in the scheme of things it was just a tap. but yeah - having some good space between the kangaroo and you is a highly awesome thing.

adrenaline
02-09-2007, 03:35 AM
do you mean a Parrot?

a Parot is indeed a rare species. you should feel privelidged it chose your car to run into.

I can't spell parrot :o It didn't fly into my car, as in hit the outside. It flew into the car, as in, inside the car.

Edit: I had trouble wording that...

drakkie
02-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Stop complaining and move abroad :D

clutch-monkey
02-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Stop complaining and move abroad :D
it adds to the experience. just think of it as free, random autocross. with fur.

Sauc3
02-09-2007, 04:22 AM
I was going to say unlucky ... but having read the posts from the rest of you I can only say WOW.... Didn't realise hits were that often.

I'd definitely NOT be buying a European spec car over there. I'd want something that WONT protect the 'roo and direct it on to the bonnet and screen.

Do 'roo hits badly affect your insurance rates ?? This is a 'roo bar: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138825&d=1129336322
We have it on our car for no other reason than to stop 'roos on cross country trips, and thankfully haven't had to use it yet. I've heard stories of guys that hit 3 on 1 road, others that make a game of hitting them, removing the pest from the road.

Bad luck IB4R, but glad to see noone is injured or significantly damaged, from all accounts you got out of that one very lucky.

Matra et Alpine
02-09-2007, 04:31 AM
This is a 'roo bar: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=138825&d=1129336322
yep "bull bars" over here.
But after a huge growth in people adding them to 4x4s - and no bulls on OUR roads the government took the reasonable steps that they were causing too many deaths and injury on the roads.
So new "people friendly" bars like on the LR were developed.
Still lots of people over here who are anti them.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/archive/1997/bullbars/bullbarsconsultationonoption1128?page=4#1023

nota
02-09-2007, 05:03 AM

Do 'roo hits badly affect your insurance rates ??
For us, our previous and current insurance readily acknowledged our damages were caused by random roo strikes (the blood & gore & fur was still embedded in the cars, after all) but both still deemed them as being at-fault collisions. What can you do?

In many areas of Oz roo strikes are no joke a serious problem and it really does disuade people from travelling around especially at night with dawn/dusk the worst times. After four hits we eventually decided to move. The 7 year drought has also tended to draw them out of the parched paddocks and onto the ungrazed road verges in search of food. There are about 20+ million Eastern Grey roos just in NSW alone and they are nocturnal and extremely hard to discern in the headlights. Or if you're really lucky they just bound out of nowhere and slam into the side of your car. One launched out of the unseen and did a $7800 touchdown on the roof of a mate's Landcruiser ute. In most of my wife's encounters she didn't even have time to lift off, let alone brake from 115 .. so just :eek:BOOM:( .. then it all goes quiet and you've lost lights while hopefully rolling to a safe stop as you leave a trail of steam and bits 'n pieces of what's left of your car

:mad:

An elderly neighbour of mine incurred $18k of damage while cruising carefully at only 90km/h one night in her shiny new C-Class

At these levels of impact the less sophisticated trigger settings on early-type airbags can pose their own set of dramas, as you can imagine. You're right to recognise the shift in priorites re selection of vehicle type & design especially the slope-nose issue. Roos have a high COG and many of the time they're airborn even before you hit 'em

I'll never forget the story told by a truckie workmate of mine who was Interstating a Kenworth. One minute he was peering through the night gloom on a 10 hour run, kinda dazed like you get on a long trip, when all of a sudden half the windshield's gone and he's being attacked and scratched and clawed and bitten in the pitch-dark cabin by something! Somehow he managed to keep control and pull up .. it was a ruddy great PELICAN that had flown through the screen :D

baddabang
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Do you guys ever get cases where one would break through the windshield and kick the hell out of the driver or passenger thus killing them? I've heard of it happening twice with within the past 2 or 3 years, and its really rather scary and freaky thinking that you can get your face kicked in by an animal like that.

mehrshadvr4
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
at least Kangaroo's are smarter than dears.over here deers just jump in front of the car from no where and smash the front end .i have seen alot of bad crashes just because the deers.lol.

Mr.Tiv
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
^Yes, dears are some stupid animals.

How big is the average roo?

Rockefella
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM
at least Kangaroo's are smarter than dears.over here dears just jump in front of the car from no where and smash the front end .i have seen alot of bad crashes just because the dears.lol.

^Yes, dears are some stupid animals.

Never knew letterheads could cause so much damage out on the roads!

http://vivisection-absurd.org.uk/deared.jpg

Ohhh, you meant this thing...

http://www.mynaturephotos.com/images/whitetailed-deer-4.JPG

That's a DEER.

IWantAnAudiRS6
02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
See, that's not fair. They look so cute and fuzzy. But they're not very forgiving to crash into.

Why can't they have the same structural properties as marshmallows?

Mr.Tiv
02-09-2007, 10:02 AM

That's a DEER.
F*ck you. I haven't slept in a week.

Rockefella
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
F*ck you. I haven't slept in a week.
I've been up all night, and I'm going to sleep now. It's even.

Mr.Tiv
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I've been up all night, and I'm going to sleep now. It's even.
I can't sleep; I can't lay down.

Rockefella
02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I can't sleep; I can't lay down.
I sleep when I'm standing. You always have to be ready for battle.

Mr.Tiv
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I sleep when I'm standing. You always have to be ready for battle.
That's what a gun under the pillow is for...

PerfAdv
02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Roos seem to be serious problem, as deer can be. I was wondering, wouldn't it be worthwhile to have some kind of system that keeps animals away from main roads? Maybe a sonic system like ones to keep deer out.

mehrshadvr4
02-09-2007, 11:06 AM

That's a DEER.

i was just testing you people.:D

NSXType-R
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Jeez. I hate animals for this reason. Small animals, rabbits, squirrels, birds. They're ok. Go bigger and then you have problems. The Canadians have moose and deer and so do we, the Arabians have camels, and you guys have kangaroos. The South Americans have alpaca. :D

Seriously, I wouldn't mind a kangaroo steak or something like that.

Good thing nothing much happened.

CdocZ
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
See, that's not fair. They look so cute and fuzzy. But they're not very forgiving to crash into.

Why can't they have the same structural properties as marshmallows?

That would be nice. Yeah, I have a phobia of two things while driving, besides my normal obsessively insane fear of a car crash of any kind.....police, and deer. It's actually quite amusing for my friends, when I'm driving and see a deer, I always start freaking out yelling obscenities at the deer in a rage like no other :p

2ndclasscitizen
02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Your average Eastern Grey is about 6ft tall. However, the Red Kanagroos that live in central Australia are f**king massive!

The_Canuck
02-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Your average Eastern Grey is about 6ft tall. However, the Red Kanagroos that live in central Australia are f**king massive!
At least there aren't any moose :D They can reach 12ft In Newfoundland, I think :p

Good thing there's not many around here either :D

2ndclasscitizen
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Roos seem to be serious problem, as deer can be. I was wondering, wouldn't it be worthwhile to have some kind of system that keeps animals away from main roads? Maybe a sonic system like ones to keep deer out.The thing is, there's not really much you can do about the roos. Big new highways are fenced in such a way that they can't jump over easily, but they still do regularly, and they've been moving into urban areas more and more. You can buy devices called Roo-Shoos that are high pitched sonic devices to drive them away from your car. (But people always leave the damn things on in town when parked and I can freakin hear them)

NSXType-R
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Moose and camels are rather big animals too....

charged
02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Heres the front end destroyer from Australia, a very stout animal

Speaking of roos, a mates mate lost his life just before the Christmas period, he was riding his road bike and hit a roo in the adelaide hills, they definetley are a menace

He will be sadly missed:(

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/news.htm

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, the last one i hit was in a white VP commodore in january - thankfully only cracked the front bumper a bit and no damage to the radiator.
Unfortunately it had broken it's legs and was hobbling by the side of the road trying to move :(
We were at a loss as to how to put it out of it's misery - since, you know, i don't carry my lethal injection kit everywhere i go :rolleyes: - until we remembered we had 9 guns packed deep in the boot. i think the most damage done in the whole incident was when the hammer on the little shotgun ripped the seat when david tried to pull it out of the rear seat cubby hole.
Lucky it was a VP bumper then:), They are heavily reinforced shame my accident mist it all:(

NSXType-R
02-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Heres the front end destroyer from Australia, a very stout animal

What the hell is that? A Tasmanian devil?

SlickHolden
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Either that or a wombat:D.

digitalcraft
02-09-2007, 04:48 PM
In the US here, we have elk, deer, sometimes bear at night... and my mom hit a cow. :( Lucky she was driving a minivan. It jumped off a hillside right in front of her Previa.

The town I grew up in was a pretty small town, and the majority of people had hit an animal at least once in their life :P (Usually deer, they're _dumb_)

I never hit one, but one hit me. I saw one on the side of the road, and it was looking skittish, so I inched slowly past it, and it turned around and ran straight into the side of my car, shook it off and jumped down over the hillside.

I was like, "You bitch!"

PerfAdv
02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
The thing is, there's not really much you can do about the roos. Big new highways are fenced in such a way that they can't jump over easily, but they still do regularly, and they've been moving into urban areas more and more. You can buy devices called Roo-Shoos that are high pitched sonic devices to drive them away from your car. (But people always leave the damn things on in town when parked and I can freakin hear them)
That would suck, to hear it. And if sonic devices are constantly sounding on roadways it could become very annoying for people as well. I can't believe that with all the technological advancements, we can't keep critters off the roads...

NSXType-R
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
In the US here, we have elk, deer, sometimes bear at night... and my mom hit a cow. :( Lucky she was driving a minivan. It jumped off a hillside right in front of her Previa.

The town I grew up in was a pretty small town, and the majority of people had hit an animal at least once in their life :P (Usually deer, they're _dumb_)

I never hit one, but one hit me. I saw one on the side of the road, and it was looking skittish, so I inched slowly past it, and it turned around and ran straight into the side of my car, shook it off and jumped down over the hillside.

I was like, "You bitch!"

You sure it wasn't a buck that tried to ram you? :D

Shouldn't cows be fenced in? I'd be a bit worried if a cow was let loose roaming around.

Matra et Alpine
02-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Shouldn't cows be fenced in? I'd be a bit worried if a cow was let loose roaming around.
Like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d15BT4eGss

digitalcraft
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM

YES! The farmer had to pay my mom's repair bill because it was negligent behavior.

DesmoRob
02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
That's what a gun under the pillow is for...

That's how we do it in Canada too.

I think you guys down under should just fasten a series of sharp objects to the front of your cars. At least that way skippy will have to pay too, but with his life.

fpv_gtho
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
I think you guys down under should just fasten a series of sharp objects to the front of your cars. At least that way skippy will have to pay too, but with his life.

Thats great until you need to go for a roadworthiness check.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Roadworthyness is overrated. Illegality FTW.

clutch-monkey
02-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Roadworthyness is overrated. Illegality FTW.
pretty sure twin jackhammer shotguns mounted in the front of your car is illegal. i may have to check on that though.

drakkie
02-10-2007, 02:37 AM
As I said, just move to The Netherlands :D I've seen pretty good reasons why to :p

We do get rabbits on the road though once in a while... Put your foot down and you got free dinner :D

fpv_gtho
02-10-2007, 03:00 AM
We do get rabbits on the road though once in a while...

Ahh, we've got fences for those critters. They span across the country though....

clutch-monkey
02-10-2007, 03:34 AM
As I said, just move to The Netherlands :D I've seen pretty good reasons why to :p
i'm willing to risk kangaroo collisions and frail houses every now and then if it means i don't have to live in the netherlands...my grandparents knew what they were doing when they emigrated :p :D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 05:23 AM
My house has withstood fire, flood and drought. and is still standing tall. whatchu talking 'bout frail?

Ahhhh the Netherlands. Much like the Nether-regions. fun to visit but i wouldn't want to live there. Call me old fashion but Above Sea Level Living is the way foward. No wonder the Dutch are so concerned with global warming.

Quiggs
02-10-2007, 09:41 AM
It's not so much me i was worried about - i had two inebriated girls in the car at the time. i don't think one of them has stopped crying.
Why were you not taking advantage of this situation???

As for the damage... Tis merely a fleshwound.

Rockefella
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Why were you not taking advantage of this situation???

As for the damage... Tis merely a fleshwound.
Agreed. Drunk girls ftw.

clutch-monkey
02-10-2007, 04:27 PM
My house has withstood fire, flood and drought. and is still standing tall. whatchu talking 'bout frail?

Ahhhh the Netherlands. Much like the Nether-regions. fun to visit but i wouldn't want to live there. Call me old fashion but Above Sea Level Living is the way foward. No wonder the Dutch are so concerned with global warming.
plus, i was thinking about the whole being able to do a lot of outdoor sports thing. bit hard in a country the size of a postage stamp. Not to mention not having to drive a diesel, and lower cost of living...:D

Blue Supra
02-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Rocke and Quiggs agree on something? WTF!

i also agree however :D

Sucks about your car mate, that stretch of road is notorious for roos at night and even the day, i always slow down there, mugga way, monaro hwy just to name a few.

Quiggs
02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Rocke and Quiggs agree on something? WTF!

i also agree however :D

Sucks about your car mate, that stretch of road is notorious for roos at night and even the day, i always slow down there, mugga way, monaro hwy just to name a few.
We agree on many things, actually.

-Drunk girls pwn.
-Canada sucks.
-1.8T nevAr lo0ses.
-Booze = good.
-His mom <3

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
See? My accident has created Unity between the warring factions. Something good has come out of the situation.

and drunk girls are only good when you want them - tasting of Spew FTL.

cmcpokey
02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
tasting of Spew FTL.
Altoids FTW!

2ndclasscitizen
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
and drunk girls are only good when you want them - tasting of Spew FTL.
That sounds like my night last night, but I was the one who'd chundered and was totally f**king hammered, so it what do I care? :D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Indeed.

I must get drunk enough for this situation to occur.

Which reminds me. When are we going out for "o" week?

2ndclasscitizen
02-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I dunno. Sometime between monday and friday.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I like that kind of thinking.

And i'm only working during the Tuesday Day :D

2ndclasscitizen
02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Fair enough. Thursday night is the bar night at UC, so probably then.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Sold to the man with the stacked bike.

2ndclasscitizen
02-10-2007, 11:32 PM
That f**ked my shoulder, it's been really sore since. So I've just been going out drinking rather than going out riding

IBrake4Rainbows
02-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Good Man. Drinking solves all your problems.

other than the required liver transplant.

2ndclasscitizen
02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Lying on the couch watching Futurama solves the problems cause by previous solution

SlickHolden
02-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Drinking is no good, You only have mates when your drunk, And then your to drunk to remember them:p To drunk to remember where your money went last night:p

IBrake4Rainbows
02-11-2007, 03:58 AM
i've never been that drunk........

probably because most of my mates are untrustworthy with money.

Contrary to popular belief Futurama doesn't solve every ailment. thats just an old wives tale. it's actually the little known (and indeed little used) cartoon known as "Happy Tree Friends" that does the trick.

SlickHolden
02-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Or you can't remember:D
I've never drank:p

IBrake4Rainbows
02-11-2007, 04:02 AM
I see your logic and it does indeed have merit.

I follow a very strict code of drinking - always have more or less than 6. 6 is my magic number that i cannot ever stop on. otherwise bad things happen.

Very. very bad things.

2ndclasscitizen
02-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Drinking is no good, You only have mates when your drunk, And then your to drunk to remember them:p To drunk to remember where your money went last night:p
Yeah, I obviously drank a lot more than I thought, since I spent way more than I thought I did

I see your logic and it does indeed have merit.

I follow a very strict code of drinking - always have more or less than 6. 6 is my magic number that i cannot ever stop on. otherwise bad things happen.

Very. very bad things.
My code is try and not throw up, and only try and pick up girls I've talked to whilst sober

Mr. Jinx
02-11-2007, 04:51 AM
I actually enjoy the first 10 or seconds of spewing.

Its confirmation that I'm totally pissed, and it makes me quite happy inside. Ah, good times.

clutch-monkey
02-11-2007, 04:57 AM
My code is try and not throw up, and only try and pick up girls I've talked to whilst sober
tis a good strategy. also, don't depend on your friends to give worthy verdicts or not. "i'd hit it" is not a good sign.

2ndclasscitizen
02-11-2007, 05:01 AM
I actually enjoy the first 10 or seconds of spewing.

Its confirmation that I'm totally pissed, and it makes me quite happy inside. Ah, good times.
Well, I spewed last night, but I don't think it was cause I drank to much, but cause I didn't drink enough water. I was on the dancefloor and thinking "Damn I need some water" then it was "God, I'm gonna be sick"

tis a good strategy. also, don't depend on your friends to give worthy verdicts or not. "i'd hit it" is not a good sign.
My mates' standards are iffy at the best of times, I never rely on them. I've seen some of the stuff they've hooked up with

clutch-monkey
02-11-2007, 05:03 AM
My mates' standards are iffy at the best of times, I never rely on them. I've seen some of the stuff they've hooked up with
is it the stuff of nightmares? i think i tried to harpoon one of my mates hook-ups with a rusty star picket once

IBrake4Rainbows
02-11-2007, 05:05 AM
One of my Girl Friends has the ability to attract the sleaziest guy - she had her face licked by a dude at Mooseheads once.

and the thing is she's the sweetest, most innocent person you'll ever meet. I just don't understand it :O

2ndclasscitizen
02-11-2007, 05:10 AM
is it the stuff of nightmares?
Na, more like the stuff of laughing fits and then wondering how anyone could think that's attractive

i think i tried to harpoon one of my mates hook-ups with a rusty star picket once
Lolz.

SlickHolden
02-11-2007, 06:05 AM
I'd love to know what i would be like if i was ever pissed:p.. I'm a pretty quite person i keep to myself, I don't cause trouble but have a lot built up, But pissed of my head i think i would be a nasty C**T and bash everyone lol.

2ndclasscitizen
02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I just get very loud and talk rubbish. Well, louder and talk more rubbish

Blue Supra
02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
^^^ i get angry if someone stirs me up when im sloshed. Its normally enough to make em sit back down when i stand up (being 6"6) has some pros... very rarely does it need to go beyond that.

Mr. Jinx
02-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Hehe, I just turn into an absolute cockhead.

I also change accents :eek:

Thus far, I've been African-American and English. I've got the pommy accent down pat.

SlickHolden
02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
^^^ i get angry if someone stirs me up when im sloshed. Its normally enough to make em sit back down when i stand up (being 6"6) has some pros... very rarely does it need to go beyond that.
But being on a 4WD suspension it's easier to roll over, But me being on a lowered suspension better centre of gravity harder to roll lol:p

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Apparantly at 6 drinks i start to cry :( any more and i overanalyse. I have no recollection of these events of course. but according to my friends one night when i had a few too many i ended up in front of the TV watching Rage at 3:30 in the morning. analysing the film clips.

"now he's on a red pony. THAT MAKES NO SENSE!"

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Ok No Oprah and no mask movie for you with 6 or more cans:D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Done and Done.

how's about just no oprah. period?

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 10:51 PM
That's a great idea:D Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

And no roo movies for the next couple of years:D Unless it's involving shooting them:p

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
There are Roo Movies?

Skippy Must die.........I don't care if he can perform brain surgery while landing a helicopter. he can still be dazzled by bright lights and isn't intelligent enough to get out of the way of an 1100 Kg car.

That does it. SKIPPY DIES......

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Skippy must die! That would be a cool sig:D Or a movie title:)

Skippys kryptonite is Headlights:D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2007, 11:00 PM
He's like a Magpie - shiny things distract him.

Cue New signiature.....Now.

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
lol O a hot summers night, Our hero is driving his 600kw bmw down a quite road, In the middle of nowhere, With 4 fine models, When suddenly:eek: A superroo the evil ugly hairy fat arse twin to superman comes to spoil our hero's late night party plans! with he's retched fat hairy rump. Into our hero's 600kw bmw, Our hero uses hes SAS training to manover the supercar but the superroo has friends (that's funny friends:p) But our hero passes with minor damage using he's headlights to blind the evilroo and he's bitches, The roo Yells tit tit tit i'll get you mark my ticks on that!
Our hero yells whilst driving with one hand and comforting the models you'll never catch me rooted never!.

Whilst the SuperRoo is licking he's wounds our hero returns with an M60 AK47 and 20 grenades and sends that hairy furball to outroospace. Game over!
Now we all can live easy knowing the evil ugly hairy fat arse twin to superman superroo is now roo-ted:)

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Dude. you need to get out more. do you have a girlfriend? ;)

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Who needs one they just hassle you all the time:D I got a car:D That's bad enough:p

Blue Supra
02-12-2007, 11:52 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Maddest call slick!

SlickHolden
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Throw money at the both of them and they stop moaning:D But the car doesn't hog the blanket at night:D

clutch-monkey
02-13-2007, 12:33 AM
And no roo movies for the next couple of years:D Unless it's involving shooting them:p
you called?

actually, since it's a new year, my roo culling permit is completely unused.

SlickHolden
02-13-2007, 03:08 AM
you called?

actually, since it's a new year, my roo culling permit is completely unused.
And you answered:D Pack your bags it's roo hunting time:D

P.S where do i get a gun and permit from:p

clutch-monkey
02-13-2007, 04:13 AM
And you answered:D Pack your bags it's roo hunting time:D
actually, i've been itching to get out into the countryside again.... sure, it may be more useful if i cull roo's on the highways and suburbs, but i don't think the locals will take too kindly to that :D:D

P.S where do i get a gun and permit from:p
you could just borrow a few of mine... :D
otherwise, go to the police station and ask for a permit :D ;)

IBrake4Rainbows
02-13-2007, 09:27 PM
You crazy roo shooter types are all the same. ........

Who's up for Urban Roo Warfare?

clutch-monkey
02-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Who's up for Urban Roo Warfare?
is that like urban warfare, except the protagonists use roo's as lethal weapons?

IBrake4Rainbows
02-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Close but no - i was more thinking we substitute "n00bs" for "roo's" and work from there.

Sounds like a good idea, no? solves our Meat crisis AND is fun for the whole family :D

Blue Supra
02-13-2007, 10:23 PM
good clean australian family fun.

like going to the strip club to see clutchs mum.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Clutch's Mum? Clean? Contradiction in terms?

clutch-monkey
02-14-2007, 02:48 AM
good clean australian family fun.

like going to the strip club to see clutchs mum.
there's only three things i never ever want to see in a strip club, and thats one of them.:D

IBrake4Rainbows
02-14-2007, 04:03 AM
are you related to the other two? ;)

Cyco
02-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Not unless you and 'ballz are both his brothers

IBrake4Rainbows
02-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Well as my dad always says - he's sure he's the father. he's just not sure if my mother is the real one :p

do you see ANY family relation between us? short, moobish and beanpole?