PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear in America

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
oh dear, many aren't going to be happy with THAT !!

BUT it was hilarious :D

James May driving the Brougham .... sorry man, but that's the picture I'm going to have of FLeet from now on.

Which leads to another bit of TG fun ....

Which US memberrs of UCP are most like Clarkson, Hammond and May based on that show !!!

and where the hell do you find a COW as road kill ???????

jediali
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
tip top! TG at its very best. loving it! i posted in the TG 2007 thread just now.

Street_Dreamer
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
That was a brilliant show.
The jacket in the back of JCs car was weird but quite funny in a strange way. The best bit was where the rednecks were throwing stones at them; i thought someone would write I LOVE SODOMY, but i guess Richard's would have to do :p. Great show :)

Ferrer
02-11-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't wait for it (we'll see it as soon as the blokes on finalgear have the torrent).

adamfraser
02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
That was a fantastic ep.

The Alabama folk are off their head! Bet the crew were crapping themselves when they were getting pelted.

Great !

clutch-monkey
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
is that a rhetorical question?

02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
absolutely ROCKED :D

baddabang
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM

I've seen plenty of dead cows that hopped the fence and were killed.

I'll gladly hit a deer if it was in the road, but I'm definitely going to be slamming on the brakes if I see a cow. It's like hitting a wall, and I've seen school buses that look like they've been hit by a grenade in the front.

Metro+Cow=Bad day. http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/accident_story/10-15-03.html

coolieman1220
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
i've seen a wild boar get hit by an 18 wheeler doin 70 MPH in Texas. crazzyy the boar was in pieces. insanee

derekthetree
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
one of the best episodes of TG ever!

literally kept laughing out loud at every comedic moment.

TG is back on form.

Viper007
02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm going to need to download this one I'm thinking. If anyone has a link or such it would be appreciated.

Waugh-terfall
02-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Jezza's murderers car complete with the bloodstained shirt under the boot floor...

Jack_Bauer
02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJwX0MfFIE4)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsEk6eZMPMI)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7O3TM8nq0c)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHrTmzS9ec)
Part 4.5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZo9tlG8AY)
Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxjFUJJIM_U)
Part 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegne4kqWiU)
Part 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPaJVneFW4)

There you go folks. They seem to have made it onto Youtube in record time, just a couple of hours after the show aired. You'll probably have to be quick to see them though, I can imagine them being taken down pretty soon...

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2007, 11:01 AM
a wee hunt around will find the hi res torrents !! Hey if you want to be illegal about it you may as well get the quality :D

Rockefella
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Yep, downloading a HD torrent right now.

ZeTurbo
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Yep, downloading a HD torrent right now.

mind sending that linky over? The folks at final gear still havent puttheirs up...

baddabang
02-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Wow making the United States out to be fat cows and rednecks, real funny Mr. Clarkson.

Tell me if they're so smart, than why is it they don't know how to roll the window down on a day that has 92% humidity?

The cow part was funny however, and I'm surprised it didn't cave in the roof.

Waugh-terfall
02-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow making the United States out to be fat cows and rednecks, real funny Mr. Clarkson.

Tell me if they're so smart, than why is it they don't know how to roll the window down on a day that has 92% humidity?

The cow part was funny however, and I'm surprised it didn't cave in the roof.

Jeremy's windows were always open, Richard had his windows open sometimes but I noticed him closing them when the cameras came to him.

Jack_Bauer
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Having the windows opened driving on the freeways, the wind noise would drown out the voice and interfere with the microphone. Purely the practicalities of shooting a piece for TV methinks.

Coventrysucks
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Do all Americans suffer the same chronic lack of a sense of humour?

"Oh noes, they're taking the piss, it can't possibly be funny!"

And remember - they can't film things that aren't there and didn't happen ;)

Because, when you are doing a piece to camera, it is not advisable to have 55mph of wind rushing past the microphone...

Over all, I can't see what the point was.

What did we learn

- old, busted American cars are rubbish, there's a surprise!

- Some Americans are complete idiots, there's a surprise!

- New Orleans looks like a war zone; there is a surprise.

Apart from that, I don't think they made as much of it as they could.

Old cars are old cars wherever you go, and as we've seen from their previous "challenges" European and Japanese cars in that state are not up to much either. So we didn't really learn much about American cars or driving in America.

I'm fairly sure that if you went to a little backwater town in any country you could quite easily offend the locals, so we didn't really learn anything about American culture, either.

The last section of the film was quite poignant, but not really relevant to Top Gear's typical remit of childish s**ts and giggles.

I know they've been messed around with one of them nearly being dead, but I think it is clear that this series will be suffering for that.

The only bit I've really enjoyed so far has been the XKR/AMV8 review.

More of that, less pissing about please.

ZeTurbo
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
i watched it on Youtube...
GREAT episode.

As to the American members who are obfuscated, top Gear (especially jeremy) always exaggerate ... thats why its so funny. If they had driven around rented used cars in Vermont it would have been pretty boring ...

Mr.Tiv
02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Two words...

Absolute hilarity!

clutch-monkey
02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
The only bit I've really enjoyed so far has been the XKR/AMV8 review.
same :( stop dicking about, top gear :mad:

Ferrer
02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
same :( stop dicking about, top gear :mad:
I also agree with that.

Rockefella
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought the episode was awesome. Sure, it's been based on reviewing modern cars with some comedy thrown in, but it was a good change of pace.

kingofthering
02-12-2007, 06:03 PM
This rocked. I haven't laughed this hard since Borat.

NSXType-R
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
i watched it on Youtube...
GREAT episode.

As to the American members who are obfuscated, top Gear (especially jeremy) always exaggerate ... thats why its so funny. If they had driven around rented used cars in Vermont it would have been pretty boring ...

Two words...

Absolute hilarity!

I thought the episode was awesome. Sure, it's been based on reviewing modern cars with some comedy thrown in, but it was a good change of pace.

This rocked. I haven't laughed this hard since Borat.

I wish they could have been more creative with the cars. They should have written "Jesus is my homeboy" or something like that. :rolleyes:

Loads of laughter with the rednecks.

Cyco
02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
That was very funny, they couldn't have got a better scripted reaction.

Kudos to the cameraman who kept rolling all the way into the van and down the road.

DesmoRob
02-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I've seen plenty of dead cows that hopped the fence and were killed.

Are you sure that they hop the fence, rather than sneak around or through something? Cows don't exactly have the energy or grace of a gazelle :p. I'm having a hard time picturing a 900 lb. cow hurdle a farm fence.

Kitdy
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
oh dear, many aren't going to be happy with THAT !!

BUT it was hilarious :D

James May driving the Brougham .... sorry man, but that's the picture I'm going to have of FLeet from now on.

Which leads to another bit of TG fun ....

Which US memberrs of UCP are most like Clarkson, Hammond and May based on that show !!!

Man, I am psyched to see this. I will have to find it somewhere. TG is great - my Dad and I watch it here on BBC Canada. Regarding the Brougham, my FRIEND has one. He bought a '90 Brougham and it is a total laugh to drive around in. Comfortable as hell, but a complete joke to drive - mind you, he is a larger fellow so it suits his needs well (His ultimate goal is the Dodge Superbee).

ZeTurbo
02-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Man, I am psyched to see this. I will have to find it somewhere. TG is great - my Dad and I watch it here on BBC Canada. Regarding the Brougham, my FRIEND has one. He bought a '90 Brougham and it is a total laugh to drive around in. Comfortable as hell, but a complete joke to drive - mind you, he is a larger fellow so it suits his needs well (His ultimate goal is the Dodge Superbee).

Is that Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux at Dijon in 1978 (79?) in your Avatar?

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw your signature, never mind.

Kitdy
02-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Is that Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux at Dijon in 1978 (79?) in your Avatar?

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw your signature, never mind.

Yes it is :p