PDA

View Full Version : I wished they brought back Group C Championship.

Bruce McLaren
04-13-2004, 09:22 PM
They are much more exciting, le mans (and FIA GT) are getting pretty boring (it's like only one team dominating and the rest is like a joke), I like the idea of limited fuel, I love the tracks that they raced on, and I love the radical design of the cars.

ALMS came close but still not exciting enough for me as those cars are slow. Group C cars run almost as fast as F1 cars in the time.

Anyone with me or have any comments?

Homem de Gelo
04-14-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't wish they were back, but I always find myself with the feeling that Le Mans and all related competitions and series have a vast potential that has not been explored. Partially because many of the top manuracturers of the world have their noses so deep in F1 it's impossible for them to consider serious efforts regarding Le Mans and other stuff.

Hopefully this will change in the future.

Foxbat
04-20-2004, 04:36 AM
I don't wish they were back, but I always find myself with the feeling that Le Mans and all related competitions and series have a vast potential that has not been explored. Partially because many of the top manuracturers of the world have their noses so deep in F1 it's impossible for them to consider serious efforts regarding Le Mans and other stuff.

Hopefully this will change in the future.

That's a bit of an overstatement imho, manufacturers like Toyota, Ford and BMW have only committed themselves to F1 fairly recently. And even Merc and Honda trace their current F1 involvement back to a decade ago. So while 'switching' to Le Mans/Sportscars is not an option currently, it wasn't their alleged bond with F1 that made them shy away from other venues.