PDA

View Full Version : Opel Gran Turismo Concept

Mr.Tiv
03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
From Winding Road
http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/could-opel-gtc-concept-be-a-next-gen-saturn-ringer/

It appears that Geneva can hold no secret. Yesterday afternoon, a few of us at WINDING ROAD were remarking that next week’s show debuts are pretty much all known quantities, save for perhaps Opel’s concept.

Last week the General Motors of Europe brand issued a teaser image from which very little could be divined. But today, images of the decidedly handsome Gran Turismo Coupe Concept shown here began filtering out onto the Internet. No secrets.

The GTC’s shapely self is reportedly riding on the next Opel Vectra platform. The current Vectra, you may recall, underpins the Saturn Aura, so if developing conventions hold, this car could well be an advanced look at something we might see in North American showrooms. If it amounts to nothing else, the GTC can be seen as a spiritual successor to the Wayne Cherry-penned Calibra, whose fortunes dried up in the late Nineties.

Details on the GTC are slim, but Motor Authority promises that the car employs the current Vectra OPC’s 2.8-liter turbocharged V-6, which distributes around 300 horsepower through all four wheels. Swap through all six cogs fast enough, and the GTC promises to hit 62 miles-per-hour in six seconds, with a limited top whack of 250 km/h (155 mph).

We look forward to seeing the car up close next week.

Mr.Tiv
03-03-2007, 09:34 AM
More Pictures

Mr.Tiv
03-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Last two

Street_Dreamer
03-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the pics, i definitely think this car is a step in the right direction for Opel, i really do like the look of this car, and hope they build something similar.

Ferrer
03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I want that as a rear drive coupe and scrap the "Opel Commodore". I reckon it looks good.

03-03-2007, 02:38 PM
That is one ugly front end on a otherwise good looking car

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Are the exhausts big enough? If this is the next Calibra, the chav bwoizz won't need new exhausts!

Dino Scuderia
03-03-2007, 09:00 PM
New Skyline/G35 knock off pretty much.