PDA

View Full Version : The new Maserati is hideous

Egg Nog
03-08-2007, 04:19 AM
I've been trying to find something stylistically exciting about this car, but I simply can't. The hood bulge is lame. The front end looks like someone used the photoshop "pinch" filter on it. The rear lines of the roof are too abrupt. It looks decent from the rear upper 3/4s view but that's about it. The rear end is not terrible but seems uninspired for what's supposed to be a daring Maserati.

The grille makes the car look like a dustbuster. The whole fascia looks like one of those rice-boy headlamp conversions gone wrong.

If you put a different badge on the front everyone would agree with me. People only think it looks good because it's a Maserati. I can't get over the front. It looks awful. Among the worst production-bound Pininfarina designs of all time.

Rant over.

Edit: The front looks a bit like the SSC Aero. In a bad way.

Pando
03-08-2007, 05:04 AM
If you put a different badge on the front everyone would agree with me. People only think it looks good because it's a Maserati.I 100% agree. When I first saw pictures of it, I was shocked what they had done with the styling. I recently looked at the pictures again in detail and reached the conclusion is what I like about it is what I associate the badge with and with my assumption that it's a good car. I can't decide whether it's sad or funny that even Korean brands have done a better job.

Egg Nog
03-08-2007, 05:18 AM
I 100% agree. When I first saw pictures of it, I was shocked what they had done with the styling. I recently looked at the pictures again in detail and reached the conclusion is what I like about it is what I associate the badge with and with my assumption that it's a good car. I can't decide whether it's sad or funny that even Korean brands have done a better job.

That's awesome that you can actually come out and say that. It seems like style should always be taken at face value so as to avoid bias.

white devil
03-08-2007, 05:30 AM
That's awesome that you can actually come out and say that. It seems like style should always be taken at face value so as to avoid bias.
i actualy love the design...
the front looks realy agressive ..its a lot of improvment from the coupe..
i know its not the same car but it looks a lot cleaner and more appealing to look at

drakkie
03-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Am i the only one that likes it ? :)

Edit:
It seems not !

Ferrer
03-08-2007, 05:46 AM
I've been trying to find something stylistically exciting about this car, but I simply can't. The hood bulge is lame. The front end looks like someone used the photoshop "pinch" filter on it. The rear lines of the roof are too abrupt. It looks decent from the rear upper 3/4s view but that's about it. The rear end is not terrible but seems uninspired for what's supposed to be a daring Maserati.

The grille makes the car look like a dustbuster. The whole fascia looks like one of those rice-boy headlamp conversions gone wrong.

If you put a different badge on the front everyone would agree with me. People only think it looks good because it's a Maserati. I can't get over the front. It looks awful. Among the worst production-bound Pininfarina designs of all time.

Rant over.

Edit: The front looks a bit like the SSC Aero. In a bad way.
I mainly agree. The Coupe wasn't perfect but next to this...

To me it looks like a Lexus LF-A. And that's not a compliment.

Ingolstadt
03-08-2007, 06:16 AM
I too mentioned that it looked very Lexy from the front, the conservative styling is far from what it should've been.

To sum it up, it's good and well accepted because it's a Maserati, it's ugly too because it's a Maserati. It would've looked great if it were Mazda RX10 or Toyota Supra 500000 or Honda S3000 ..... well, you know what i mean.

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 06:50 AM

Wrong. This car is sexy. It's got elements of the birdcage, and of traditional Maserati coupes, which is a hard thing to screw up.

jorismo
03-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Most of the car I do like, however I think that both the front as the rear lights are just plain ugly... The front look like some rice and the rear lights were stolen from a Ford Mondeo or something.

But still I think it's one cool piece of machinery.

quattro_20v
03-08-2007, 07:20 AM
People only think it looks good because it's a Maserati.
Edit:

I am afraid this is the case with most italian cars. Sure a lot of them do look good but italian design is just a bit overrated lately, every time a new italian car comes out almost everyone seems to find it beautifull and great and then call german cars boring.

Ferrer
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I am afraid this is the case with most italian cars. Sure a lot of them do look good but italian design is just a bit overrated lately, every time a new italian car comes out almost everyone seems to find it beautifull and great and then call german cars boring.
Well most german cars are dull and/or plain ugly. And most italian cars are beautiful and/or stunning (even if this is not the case here).

Pando
03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
To sum it up, it's good and well accepted because it's a Maserati, it's ugly too because it's a Maserati. It would've looked great if it were Mazda RX10 or Toyota Supra 500000 or Honda S3000 ..... well, you know what i mean.
Yes and no. I would be very disappointed if a new Honda S2000 (which was the first car that came in mind when I saw pictures of the front), Supra or RX* would look like this.

But you do have a point, if on the other hand a Chinese company would have designed this most people would look at it from a different light and a debate about its looks would most likely not arise.

Wrong. This car is sexy. It's got elements of the birdcage, and of traditional Maserati coupes, which is a hard thing to screw up.Apparently they did. I love the birdcage but I just don't see it in this.

Cotterik
03-08-2007, 07:35 AM
it looks better than the old one, so the fact that its gotten rid of its 'golfer' style looks this more radical approach is good.

Matt
03-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I think it's a great looking car, regardless of the badge.

woodstock827
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
i think the car is okay... not ugly.. but definitely not as good looking as it should've been.. it's just kinda plain imho..

RT15
03-08-2007, 08:47 AM
It's still a huge improvement, compared to recent Quattroporte. And main proportions are much better.
First time I saw this car, I thought it's ugly. But now (again), compared to Quattroporte (Gran Turismo is positioned as a 2-door quattroporte), I think it's OK.

Coventrysucks
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I think that it represents a missed opportunity.

The sketches showed an aggressive, well proportioned and nicely detailed design.

These seem to have been stripped from the final design leaving something rather conventional and bland, and not too dissimilar to an RX8 in proportion and stance.

I still like it though, as the point of Maserati is not about beautiful cars, but image.

It is the same with Bristols (well, the Blenheim at least) - you aren't trying to attract everyone's attention with your flashness; you still get to enjoy a high quality GT that blends into the background.

Choose a nice dark grey or something, the least flash wheels, don't wash it and most people won't take notice.

shockwaveracing
03-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Wrong. This car is sexy. It's got elements of the birdcage, and of traditional Maserati coupes, which is a hard thing to screw up.

agreed, i personally love it, but each to their own on the subjective matter of style...

kingofthering
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Okay from the front, ugly rear end.

baddabang
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I never really like any of them to be honest. They are all to bland and boring looking kinda like the old Jag XK's.

Those wheels are hideous though.

VtecMini
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM
The front reminds me of this:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=261886&stc=1&d=1199108727
It was the first thing I thought of when I first saw it and it still reminds me of it now.

Not impressed.

baddabang
03-08-2007, 10:11 AM
ROFL what does a Duck Dry do?

Revo
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
it looks better than the old one, so the fact that its gotten rid of its 'golfer' style looks this more radical approach is good.
Maybe I'm just stupid old git with checkered trouses :D:D, but IMO original Giugario's design with boomerang rear lights looks ten times better than this.

Actually I already gave my opinion about the new design here (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=671284#post671284).

twinspark
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid old git with checkered trouses :D:D, but IMO original Giugario's design with boomerang rear lights looks ten times better than this.I loved the boomerang style rear lights too, and never understood why they changed them to match those of the cabrio and not vice versa. I'd pass the checkered trousers though :D .

I don't think the Gran Turismo is hideous, it's far from beautiful (what a Maserati should be), but I'd reserve the word hideous for cars like the Aztec or Tribeca. IMO this looks like it doesn't know what it should be.

Piacki_117
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I must say I like it.

VtecMini
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
ROFL what does a Duck Dry do?It's a hairdrier. In the shape of a duck.

Ferrer
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Having thought about it, does anyone think it has gone a little too german?

Not only concerning the design, but also automatic gearbox only. Despite Maseratis being luxury Ferraris (and I know that's totally unfair to Maserati, but it's a way to simplify it) I think that bit of sportiness, agression and pure attraction should never lack in an Italian car. And in a way that's what has happened to Lancia as well, but that's another story.

Equinox
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM

Not only concerning the design, but also automatic gearbox only. Despite Maseratis being luxury Ferraris (and I know that's totally unfair to Maserati, but it's a way to simplify it) I think that bit of sportiness, agression and pure attraction should never lack in an Italian car. And in a way that's what has happened to Lancia as well, but that's another story.

It does have a slight German feel about it... But I do like it. The front could have been better but it is a nice.. well an OK look for the car.

Some style improvements would be nice

KingNothing
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
The butt of the car looks nice, kinda plain but streamlined at the same time. But whoever designed the front should be shot several times in various places of the body.

ruim20
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I'll have to agree with Egg, the first time i saw i liked it, but after a closer view there are to many things that throw me off, specially thoose darned rearlights, ala Ford Galaxy... the last good one was the 3200GT i still don't get it why they changed the rearlights when they made teh 4200GT...

Kitdy
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I also agreee with Egg Nog. I personally really like the rear-3/4 but think the front looks too MC12 and the lights too Lexus. If they kept the front end looking more like a Ferrari-hybrid-Maserati look, I think this car would be totally sweet. The front grille and the shape of the hood around the grille is terrible, and the shapes of the headlights are all wrong.

jcp123
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
It's OK...I agree the grille is pretty bad, and I'd add that IMHO the wheel bulges and forward rake give it the general look of the new Mitsu Eclipse...not really the look you want to go for if you're either Pininfarina or Maserati. The rear roof's lines look good to my eyes, though.

Coventrysucks
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
i still don't get it why they changed the rearlights when they made teh 4200GT...

Clue:

The 3200GT wasn't sold in the USA

The 4.2 Coupe/Spyder/Granny Smith was.

NSXType-R
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I never really like any of them to be honest. They are all to bland and boring looking kinda like the old Jag XK's.

Those wheels are hideous though.

Indeed. I find the whole package awkward and I'm sure they could have figured something better out than those chunky wheels.

And what is wrong with those rear lights? They look like gigantic hazard signals!

Pando
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe I'm just stupid old git with checkered trouses :D:D, but IMO original Giugario's design with boomerang rear lights looks ten times better than this.When I heard there was a new GT coming I secretly hoped they would make a comeback. :(

Pando
03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
It's got elements of the birdcage, and of traditional Maserati coupes, which is a hard thing to screw up.

Apparently they did. I love the birdcage but I just don't see it in this.
While reading this thread, I realized I wasn't thinking of the same Birdcage.

Ferrer
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
While reading this thread, I realized I wasn't thinking of the same Birdcage.
I don't see any elements of Pininfarina's Birdcage in it either... :o

Egg Nog
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Rocke: It doesn't look anything like any Birdcage I know of. The fact that you bring up the Birdcage also shows that you're not really ignoring the badge at all. Even if it did recal historic lines, it's not a necessary or sufficient condition for it to look good. Pretend it's a new Hyundai concept, then look again.

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it's utterly hideous. After the beautiful GranSport based on the 4200, they really ruined it. The Quattroporte isn't exactly the most beautiful saloon, but I like it. This is something else... just yuck... I agree with Eggy...

P.S. Does it remind anyone else of the RX8?

Egg Nog
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Yeah, especially the fact that in both cases the predecessor was about a hundred times better looking.

Prius
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I adree with you. it looks like a frog from the front, and the wheels look like they were taken off some $20,000 sedan. I agree with Egg Nog, they have done a pretty nasty job. The Ferrari 612 was ugly, but it is standable to a point. This is just hideous and cheap looking.

NSXType-R
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I think it's utterly hideous. After the beautiful GranSport based on the 4200, they really ruined it. The Quattroporte isn't exactly the most beautiful saloon, but I like it. This is something else... just yuck... I agree with Eggy...

Yes, the Quattroporte looks a bit over inflated. It's bloated, but at least it's bearable. This isn't!:p

The RX-8 isn't as good looking as the RX-7's of any generation, but at least it isn't as ugly as this! Look at Matra's PZ! That thing is a beaut!:D

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, stop sucking up to Matra :p I do rather like the PZ, though. If you look at the front-end shot of this Maser, check out the rear of it... RX8 all over it...

NSXType-R
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Who said that was my motive? :rolleyes:

Nothing like a bit of borrowing!

I guess you could say so because the rear windows are abbreviated, the headlights are slim and there are small rear seats. Nothing but pure ugliness could have come up with the brake lights and wheel design, however.;)

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Rocke: It doesn't look anything like any Birdcage I know of. The fact that you bring up the Birdcage also shows that you're not really ignoring the badge at all. Even if it did recal historic lines, it's not a necessary or sufficient condition for it to look good. Pretend it's a new Hyundai concept, then look again.

Silence jabroni.

Birdcage:

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/maserati_birdcage_123.jpg

Coupe:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7719/gtno2.jpg

Me reckons they looksa similar with the treatment of the front, and the styling of older Maserati coupes mixed in. On a side note, I like how the number of opinions have changed from the original thread, they're all followers I tell 'ya!

Viper007
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I like this car a lot, and think the design is very similar to the Lexus concept. Even if it weren't a Maserati I think the design is great.

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Me reckons they looksa similar. On a side note, I like how the number of opinions have changed from the original thread, they're all followers I tell 'ya!

Or just blind.

Ferrer
03-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I didn't know a red cross and a Maserati Birdcage were so similar... :eek:

;)

Prius
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, the Quattroporte looks a bit over inflated. It's bloated, but at least it's bearable. This isn't!:p

Amen.

I can obviously tell that they are taking many design elements from the Quattroporte. The Quattroporte is bearable, this is just ugly and frog faced.

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Or just blind.

^ Stupid.

I didn't know a red cross and a Maserati Birdcage were so similar... :eek:

;)

^ Also stupid.

Ok, maybe my linking skills went to shame for a minute there. :o

NSXType-R
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Me reckons they looksa similar with the treatment of the front, and the styling of older Maserati coupes mixed in. On a side note, I like how the number of opinions have changed from the original thread, they're all followers I tell 'ya!

That's why we call those ideas opinions. :rolleyes:

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 04:32 PM
That's why we call those ideas opinions. :rolleyes:

Your opinion is automatically wrong.

IWantAnAudiRS6
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Your opinion is automatically wrong.

Yours doesn't count because of your mom.

NSXType-R
03-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I love how our posts were done so rapidly. :rolleyes:

Never once have I been in a thread with responses so quickly. :D

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Yours doesn't count because of your mom.

Resorting to potty humor eh?

Yep, I win again.. like usual. I'll go change my name to 1.8T or something, it's more fitting.

Equinox
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Resorting to potty humor eh?

Yep, I win again.. like usual. I'll go change my name to 1.8T or something, it's more fitting.

Speaking of potty... I have to use the washroom!:)

Pando
03-08-2007, 06:04 PM
On a side note, I like how the number of opinions have changed from the original thread, they're all followers I tell 'ya!
I wouldn't have had the balls to say anything either if it wasn't for Egg Nog. Now I am no longer afraid to give a voice to my opinions, as long as someone else does it first.

Look who's talking about followers btw. :rolleyes:

Egg Nog
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Well taking a second look at the photos, they definitely do have some resemblance. The badge and the wheels. The similarities pretty much end there.

The point still remains. The existence of the Birdcage has no impact on how the GT looks. That's like saying someone (even if they're ugly) must be good-looking because their cousin looks good.

Face value. It looks like a tuned import with a bad headlamp conversion.

clutch-monkey
03-08-2007, 07:31 PM
it might not be great looking...but it's streets ahead of the current coupe.

Coventrysucks
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
It looks like a tuned import

That's because it is.

The_Canuck
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM

No, German cars look good.

hermanzini
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
The new Maserati is hideous!

What kind of drugs are you on right now, sir? :)
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows/geneva/pininfarina/gallery_geneva/125.jpg
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows/geneva/pininfarina/gallery_geneva/102.jpg
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows/geneva/maserati/granturismo/gallery_2/108.jpg
http://www.italiaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows/geneva/maserati/granturismo/gallery_2/115.jpg

Rockefella
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
The point still remains. The existence of the Birdcage has no impact on how the GT looks. That's like saying someone (even if they're ugly) must be good-looking because their cousin looks good.

Point by my standards still remains as well. When I first saw it, I immediately thought birdcage.. hell, I can care less about the badge. I have likes for everything from Hyundai to Bugatti, so marque preference never played a role in my like of styling.

I love the way the GranTurismo looks, and it goes far from badge/wheels.

Ferrer
03-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Not if they come from Munich.

DesmoRob
03-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Slap a honda badge on it, I'd still love it.

Ingolstadt
03-09-2007, 01:47 AM
MASERATIs

http://www.hot.ee/ztest1/aston%20martin%20v8%20vantage%20-%201024x768.jpg

http://images.consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/autoreview/400x266/2006-jaguar-xk-series-06407021990002.jpg

http://users.atw.hu/luxurycar/jaguar/jaguar_xk_01_large.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7719/gtno2.jpg

Wouter Melissen
03-09-2007, 03:24 AM
What's your point?

Prius
03-09-2007, 04:57 AM

Except for BMWs.

But the main thing I hate about this maser is the wheels. They look like they were stolen off of a Mitsubishi.

Wouter Melissen
03-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Except for BMWs.

But the main thing I hate about this maser is the wheels. They look like they were stolen off of a Mitsubishi.

Which Mitsubishis have Maserati Tridents in their wheels ?

Ingolstadt
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
What's your point?

THEY LOOOK ALMOST THE SAME ...... same profile ..... taht's almost the 'perfect' propostions for these GT cruisers....

Ingolstadt
03-09-2007, 07:43 AM

Those are the lamest execution of Maser's tridents. Their attempt at trying to woo fans into believing they actually had the trident in mind when 'designing' the wheels were totally crippled by the fact that wheels need spokes that had the same length. :)

Rockefella
03-09-2007, 08:31 AM

I'm sure Wouter can help me out and attest to how good this car looks in person, hint, hint.

Ferrer
03-09-2007, 11:40 AM
THEY LOOOK ALMOST THE SAME ...... same profile ..... taht's almost the 'perfect' propostions for these GT cruisers....
That's like saying that a Fiat Bravo and a Volkswagen Golf have the same profile. Of course they would have similar profiles, both are C-segment hatchbacks...

The_Canuck
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Not if they come from Munich.

Touche :D

Ferrer
03-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Touche :D
I also reckon that Ingolstad's grille is awful... ;)

henk4
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm sure Wouter can help me out and attest to how good this car looks in person, hint, hint.

my opinion is surrogate of course, but yes, it does look good. I was actually surprised that some people who like the QP, seem to have problems with the GT, which is little more than a SWB version of the QP:)

The_Canuck
03-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Ooooh too far...:mad: :p

Ferrer
03-09-2007, 01:56 PM
my opinion is surrogate of course, but yes, it does look good. I was actually surprised that some people who like the QP, seem to have problems with the GT, which is little more than a SWB version of the QP:)
It's a SWB 2-door QP, but it looks different from the QP.

henk4
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
It's a SWB 2-door QP, but it looks different from the QP.

yep, it has two doors less...

Waugh-terfall
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
OH GOOD GOD! The front looks great but then you look to the wheels and then down towards the back and feel the vomit rising up through your body and when the rear is reached, BLEUK!

Rockefella
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Lulz, I just looked back at the other GranTurismo thread and the ratio of likes:dislikes has pretty much flipped.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31331&highlight=maserati

Prius
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Still, they look like something I would expect to see on a Mitsubishi.

Coventrysucks
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Still, they look like something I would expect to see on a Mitsubishi.

Why would you expect to see Maserati trident wheel'd Mitsubishis?

:confused:

Egg Nog
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Lulz, I just looked back at the other GranTurismo thread and the ratio of likes:dislikes has pretty much

There's no way a twerp like myself has that much influence... I think a lot of people were just shy to come out and say it, especially considering the consensus of the other thread.

Prius
03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Why would you expect to see Maserati trident wheel'd Mitsubishis?

:confused:

Fine, let me reword that.

They look cheap.

-What-
03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't like the silver "hue" of the headlamps...but other than that, this car looks great. I've given my opinion, thread closes...

Egg Nog
03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I've given my opinion, thread closes...

What does it tell you when people leave as soon as you show up?

kingofthering
03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't really like the Maserati.

Ingolstadt
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Ok,i'll give my conclusion. It's not bad, the formula of GT coupes .... the brand.... i'm sure there'll be some great engines as well. But there's no originality, no (love-it-or-hate-it) italianness bout it. Everything is just soooo pleasing hence it dissess.

Ferrer, yupe, i dun like MY grill too. :D

but it looked great on R8 and RS4.

scottie300z
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ingolstadt;678456] But there's no originality, no (love-it-or-hate-it) italianness bout it. QUOTE]

well how origional would it be if it were like all the other italian cars??;)
and actually from this thread it seems like it has a love it or hate it thing with it.

i like it, it has class and is sporty. and has a few animalistic features. part stingray part wild cat.

hermanzini
03-10-2007, 12:49 AM

I find your lack of history knollage disturbing!!

Ingolstad, my ass!;)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/536/125fw4.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5936/120hu3.jpg

Ferrer
03-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I was refering to this...
http://www.autointell.com/european_companies/volkswagen/audi-ag/audi-cars/audi-a6-2005/audi-a6-front-studio-400-268.jpg

Wouter Melissen
03-10-2007, 02:18 AM
I find your lack of history knollage disturbing!!

Ingolstad, my ass!;)

Can you please use the attachment system in the future.

Wouter Melissen
03-10-2007, 02:19 AM

Yes like all 1950s Italian cars look the same; two doors, four wheels and two headlights.

henk4
03-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Yes like all 1950s Italian cars look the same; two doors, four wheels and two headlights.

plus a spare wheel and a steering wheel too...

dydzi
03-10-2007, 02:26 AM
i find the car extremely attractive, the grill looks amazing in reality just as the headlights, whole rear and body overall

some pics of mine from geneve

hermanzini
03-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I was refering to this...
[Audi A6 Image]

You really have to get a new prescription for your glasses!.......;)

KonaGreen
03-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Well I for one like it a lot. It has a great uniqiue visage to me, and it's proportions are spot on for a classy GT. Admittedly the rear end is a bit Japanese in style, the rest of the car is stunning. To me.

carbrochuretom
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
i find the car extremely attractive, the grill looks amazing in reality just as the headlights, whole rear and body overall

some pics of mine from geneve
I AGREE:D

speednine
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
The front grill looks a bit like the birdcage, which is a good thing. So thumbs up from me.

Prius
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Well I for one like it a lot. It has a great uniqiue visage to me, and it's proportions are spot on for a classy GT. Admittedly the rear end is a bit Japanese in style, the rest of the car is stunning. To me.

I have to admit, it has a good Gran Tourer look, but I don't like how they smushed down the middle. It kinda makes it look like a fish on the front, with its mouth wide open. Plus, as I said, the wheels look too cheap for car that will probably be carrying a six digit price tag.

IBrake4Rainbows
03-11-2007, 03:30 AM
It certainly looks better in details than as a whole cohesive package. which seems to be the trend for cars recently. one proportion is sacrificed for another.

Still, the rear is not in keeping with the front. it looks like a bottom feeder.

Mäusekino
03-11-2007, 06:05 AM
i was near by crying, when they replaced the boomerang lights with those audi a6 backlights on the old coupe and put then on the roadster also.

and now the frontlights are lexus-style and the backlights are turned around mondeo mkIII ones. well... not the best idea but much better then the jag xk with korea-style lights and the most boring interior of all sportscars ever. but the rest of the cars looks very stunning and agressive - exept for the vauxhall-vxr/opel-opc-style alloys -, like it wants to eat the street and the cars in front of it

the "thing" of a maserati is, that like Astons it has much more character and soul then other gt cars, jaguar and porsche for example no matter how it looks, take the quirky KARIF as an sample

Mäusekino
03-11-2007, 06:26 AM
It kinda makes it look like a fish on the front, with its mouth wide open.

right, it looks like a fish with wide open mouth, but like a special one: the WHITE SHARK!!! kinda cool, ain't it ?

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
img src=http://images.maseratibi.multiply.com/image/2/photos/29/600x600/76/DSCN0174.JPG?et=4zAKXO4kM8q4qIUYBnWlqg

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
http://images.maseratibi.multiply.com/image/2/photos/29/600x600/76/DSCN0174.JPG?et=4zAKXO4kM8q4qIUYBnWlqg

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
http://images.maseratibi.multiply.com/image/2/photos/29/600x600/76/DSCN0174.JPG?et=4zAKXO4kM8q4qIUYBnWlqg

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
http://images.maseratibi.multiply.com/image/2/photos/29/600x600/81/DSCN0184.JPG?et=E2se3fWOwGa%2C8dCTHu5siQ

IBrake4Rainbows
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
While we appreciate you loading photos of this car - please use the UCP attachment feature - that way we won't end up with dead links on our pages in future :)

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM

MASERATIBI
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM

koenigseggccx
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
it looks like a fish trying to swallow some food

crazyrussian540
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I actually kinda like it.... It may not be as good looking as the Alfa 8C, but its still really nice.

Its not too comfortable though (I got to sit in one at the Boston Auto Show)

Lotec_Sirius
12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't like it at all, I prefer the 3200GT or the Gransport

NicFromLA
12-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Y'all on crack! This car is bloody gorgeous! Sexiest thing on the road.

My only problem with it is the name. Kind of boring. I wish they'd given it a wind name or brought back the name Kyalami.

Ferrer
12-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Y'all on crack! This car is bloody gorgeous! Sexiest thing on the road.
Not as much as the Alfa Romeo 8C though.

NicFromLA
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Not as much as the Alfa Romeo 8C though.

You might have me there.

Super GT
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Its not bad, the front of the car is nice and mean, but the the back is to dull. Maserati needs to spice it up a bit.

capone
12-25-2007, 08:30 PM
It is all about opinions of course. I think this car is nice looking.

RacingManiac
12-25-2007, 10:16 PM
saw one in Vegas 3 days ago, looks very nice IMO, much more special looking than the old 4200/3200GT....

john14
12-25-2007, 10:25 PM
This Maserati is quite beautiful but I believe the Maserati Quattrotorpe is even more beautiful.

thb
12-26-2007, 06:22 AM
maserati.that`s clasic.very charismatic.

DesmoRob
12-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Slap a honda badge on it and I'll still think it looks amazing. I'm surprised to see how many people dislike this car :s. Its so easy on the eyes. Nothing short of perfect in my opinion. Not like when the bangled 5series first came out. Of all the cars that have ever taken their time growing on me, that one tops the list. I now think its great too btw:p. This Maser was love at first sight though.

Super GT
12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
i actualy love the design...
the front looks realy agressive ..its a lot of improvment from the coupe..
i know its not the same car but it looks a lot cleaner and more appealing to look at

agree I think this car is sexy

go.pawel
12-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Maserati has announced that thay've already taken 2500 orders for the Gran Turismo. I might have not been the biggest fan of this car when it was unveiled, but it has somewhat grown on me. So it's great to see that one of my favourite car manufacturers still has what it takes to make stunning pieces of rolling art :)

Ferrer
12-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Maserati has announced that thay've already taken 2500 orders for the Gran Turismo. I might have not been the biggest fan of this car when it was unveiled, but it has somewhat grown on me. So it's great to see that one of my favourite car manufacturers still has what it takes to make stunning pieces of rolling art :)
And apparently it has been such a success that even the 8C Spider is in danger because there's no capacity in Modena in order to make it.

I think that's great news for Maserati.

Feyd-Rautha
12-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Slap a honda badge on it and I'll still think it looks amazing. I'm surprised to see how many people dislike this car :s. Its so easy on the eyes. Nothing short of perfect in my opinion. Not like when the bangled 5series first came out. Of all the cars that have ever taken their time growing on me, that one tops the list. I now think its great too btw:p. This Maser was love at first sight though.

Can we slap a Honda badge on it? Maybe I could buy one then....

CHromee
12-29-2007, 11:58 AM
the front looks like a rx-8 dont you think? and the rear looks like a DB9? thats what i think

Innotech
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I recently had an opportunity to look at one for a good while up close and personal. The detailing is fantastic and it looks MUCH better in person. Night and day difference from pictures. Im in love with it now.

VtecMini
12-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Hmm... It's definitely a grower, to be honest.

I've done the hate to love thing on the bangled 5-series, so I guess I must just be a bit fickle.

Anything that keeps Maserati afloat is alright by me, I guess.