PDA

View Full Version : In-car of A610 round Knockhill

Matra et Alpine
04-14-2004, 06:17 PM
It's a 20Mb video.
Don't know how long I can keep it at the server it's on.

Tim harvey ( BTCC Champion and ex-Renault driver ) in my A610 round Knockhill. I learned more from this guy on that track day about pushing my car to the limits than I could have hoped to have learned in a lifetime of messig it up :)

Enjoy :)
A610 round Knockhill (www.iwsconsultants.com/cars/a610 movie.wmv)
Matra et ALPINE

Niko_Fx
04-14-2004, 06:45 PM
It's a 20Mb video.
Don't know how long I can keep it at the server it's on.

Tim harvey ( BTCC Champion and ex-Renault driver ) in my A610 round Knockhill. I learned more from this guy on that track day about pushing my car to the limits than I could have hoped to have learned in a lifetime of messig it up :)

Enjoy :)
A610 round Knockhill (www.iwsconsultants.com/cars/a610 movie.wmv)
Matra et ALPINE

It's worth the download guys.

The engine sound is awesome, you can hear the turbo whistling :)

Peter how did you edit that video? I mean with that presentation at the beggining and everything. Was it showed on tv?

Nice car and nice video :) Congrats.

Niko

Sweeney921
04-14-2004, 07:38 PM
god i hate having an ibook sometimes. i cant get the video to play as a video. my wmv thinks its an audio file......any chance you can make it a quicktime? you dont have to go out of your way, but i really would like to see it. the engine at least sounds awesome

Egg Nog
04-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Woah, that was great! Thanks for sharing that with us! +2, good work Peter.

Sweeney921
04-14-2004, 07:55 PM
hmmm i think i might just put that on my pc and check it out tomorrow

Scientist
04-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Wow, very nice video! Nice driving as well...

Mustang
04-15-2004, 02:18 AM
wow thanks alot that movie is great :p

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 02:39 AM
It's worth the download guys.

The engine sound is awesome, you can hear the turbo whistling :)
It's stock, no fancy exhaust, filters, pop-offs or anything.
The Turbo DOES sit right behing your left ear though :)

Peter how did you edit that video? I mean with that presentation at the beggining and everything. Was it showed on tv?
Video was a hobby for a while 5-10 years back. The original tape was edited, cleaned up and remastered onto a 30 minute video of the Club89 day at Knockhill. This was shown at Club events. The highlight was the Scottish International Motorsports Show the following year where it was shown on the large screen setup on the McLaren F1 stand. ( Got to know some of the McLaren factory guys too :) )
Yesterday, captured it into the PC using new WinFast video card, extracted the Tim Harvey sequence and topped and tailed it with stills to put the text on. All done in Windows XP's MovieMaker2. A nice piece of software if it wouldn't crash so often !!

Nice car and nice video :) Congrats.

Niko
Thanks, glad it's appreciated.
If we could find space ( Wouter ?? ) I'd happily turn it into streaming video and upload it to UCP. The full video in hi quality is 2Gb, I compressed to get that clip below 20Mb - so I could get the full video in 50Mb. There are some great external sequences of the A610 ( as long as you can cope with my nephew screaming and shouting every time I go past :) )

I'll try and remaster some of the other track day stuff and see if I can do a wee montage to enjoy. Finding the good scenes on the master tapes is the time-consumming bit :(

Just realised that I need to ask Tim Harvey's permission to distribute it. We had an agreement that the video could be SHOWN at club and public events to support the club. The cat's out the bag so now I guess I'll be asking his forgivenss :)

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 02:41 AM
god i hate having an ibook sometimes...... the engine at least sounds awesome
ROFL :)
I've this picture of you sitting in a train on the way to work LISTENING to this and braking/steering the car in time with the noises - surreal :) :)

UNFORTUNATELY, I don't have an encoder for Quicktime and there doesn't seem to be any freeware versions. I guess Apple have that one tied up tight for licensing - MovieMaker can't even import a Quicktime clip !!

Niko_Fx
04-15-2004, 05:06 AM
It's stock, no fancy exhaust, filters, pop-offs or anything.
The Turbo DOES sit right behing your left ear though

I know :), it sounds as natural as a turbo can get and I love that sound (I love blow offs also) (I LOVE TURBOS!!) :):):)

BTW I saw the other video with your car and the Lotus, is good also, you can feel a little bit more of speed and excitement since there are 2 cars kind of following each other. I would like to see it longer though, a couple of more laps.

Thanks for sharing them with us, both are awesome.

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I would like to see it longer though, a couple of more laps.

Thanks for sharing them with us, both are awesome.
Hmmm, don't know if I can find the time to go back to the master tapes and capture them all. I was going to capture the Brands Hatch tapes next as I never did edit them down to a single tape as I did for Knockhill. I think there is some good shots there of TVR Cerbera, Caterhams and maybe even the BMW racer that ultimately led to my 'incident' :)
But I'm tied up doign the real thing and hopefully producing more good video and picatures from 3 days on track at Knockhill - 18 hours to go :)

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 07:32 AM
BTW I saw the other video with your car and the Lotus
Save others searching, it's at http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3188