PDA

View Full Version : Rep points i never get

werty
04-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Just wanted to know why when i check my user cp, it shows all the people who have given me new rep, some have green dots to the left and those are the only ones thats actually give me points,

why aren't the other's giving me points :confused:

Matra et Alpine
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Just wanted to know why when i check my user cp, it shows all the people who have given me new rep, some have green dots to the left and those are the only ones thats actually give me points,

why aren't the other's giving me points :confused:
rep points don't count until the person giving them has more than 20 themself.

werty
04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
rep points don't count until the person giving them has more than 20 themself.
oh.. thats explains alot..so that means i cant give rep points yet either

Sweeney921
04-14-2004, 07:26 PM
is there like a prize for whoever has the most rep points at the end of each year? i guess matra would have to be excluded, cuz he would win, every, single, time. i guess what im really asking is why people care about the rep points

Spastik_Roach
04-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Egg Nog actually has more points than Matra ;)

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 03:08 AM
is there like a prize for whoever has the most rep points at the end of each year? i guess matra would have to be excluded, cuz he would win, every, single, time. i guess what im really asking is why people care about the rep points
The truth is some do, some don't.
I see a lot of newer folks asking how to get rep etc etc
None of us with high rep ( I think ) have gone out to get rep points.
We just are car nuts and post stuff that we know.
That's the kind of advice I give on anyone asking about rep, just post stuff you think is interesting or fun and the rep will come :)
I do find it a simple guide to the interest and it may affect my postings. eg. the badges quiz doesn't attract rep points, seems to attract lots of views though so I don't mind continuing it. Folks must be finding it intersting to come back but it's not my best. That's OK. If the number of views dropped AND no rep then I'd consider stopping it as it's clearly become boring.

The vid is an almost guaranteed trap for rep points I guess on a few angles. -- I think it's a great video of a great driver ( driving a great car :) )
- It's a REAL car, driven to the track that day ( and home again )
- Professional racing driver talking through the lap
and also ....
- Means I don't need to take the egg-nog test :)
- I can cut a DVD for use at Knockhill this weekend ( original motive )

I'd be crazy to think that every post can be of that quality or interest ( especially if mate gerts bounced by his ISP for too much traffic :) )
There's no prize at the end of the year for rep points so they're really only a bit of fun.

Falcon500
04-15-2004, 04:27 AM
I dont set out for rep points but someextra rep points give me a smile i aim to learn or be helpful and of course spin a good yarn :D

Homem de Gelo
04-15-2004, 02:46 PM
I used to have 999 rep points, but a glitch in the system reserted me back to where I am.

carlover
04-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Tell me about it. Once a glitch gave me 1,000,000 rep. points. But then one of the admins brought me back down. :(

werty
04-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Tell me about it. Once a glitch gave me 1,000,000 rep. points. But then one of the admins brought me back down. :(
when was that??

Egg Nog
04-15-2004, 07:31 PM
None of us with high rep ( I think ) have gone out to get rep points.

Is that so? ;) :D ...just pushing your buttons, for complaining after I bumped you up to 69 :rolleyes: All in good fun Pete :cool:

Some kind soul give me a +1 for some of the stuff I've posted to avoid my discomfort

DAMN, now I feel guilty coz 2 folks gve me a rep each

carlover
04-15-2004, 07:43 PM
when was that??
I was being sarcastic. ;)

Matra et Alpine
04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Is that so? ;) :D ...just pushing your buttons, for complaining after I bumped you up to 69 :rolleyes: All in good fun Pete :cool:
Well I felt terrible that I got more than the one asked for.
Seemed like a bit of fun but it catapulted me into the "lead". SORRY !!!!