PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT GT3 Racing - Test in Nürburgring

carreragt10
04-07-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/1166964

NICE :eek:

http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1333&Itemid=1

www.fiagt3.com

Ferrer
04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
It's interesting.

I wonder if the GT3 will really take off this year. At least they've got a good assortment of machinery.

Kitdy
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
It's interesting.

I wonder if the GT3 will really take off this year. At least they've got a good assortment of machinery.

What exactly is GT3 and who's in it?

Pando
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
It's hot. What's the lime green car that gets overtaken towards the end of the video?

carreragt10
04-07-2007, 01:15 PM
It's interesting.

Yes, this year makes debut in FIA GT3 ;)

06/03/2007 Matech Racing announces Ford GT campaign in FIA GT3

Matech Racing has announced their plans to enter three Ford GT cars in the 2007 season of the FIA GT3 European Championship. This project is in the hands of Martin Bartek, owner of the Matech Concepts Company, located in Switzerland. The Swiss team has called on Christian Schumacher, of Belgium, to prepare the Ford GT cars for thei homologation with the FIA. Andreas Hainke, who worked with Race Alliance last year in the FIA GT Championship, has also joined the technical team, and will be heading up the management and organisation of Matech Racing.

"Technically, in its original state the car is rather extraordinary ", an enthused Christian Schumacher remarks.”Nevertheless to make this into a racing beast there is a fair amount of work involved, and especially since we are starting out with a road going version. In fact the Racing adaptation promises to be a real jewel, simple and yet sophisticated. I’m already convinced that this Ford GT will be highly competitive…”

Even though Ford is not officially involved in the GT3 adventure, which remains a 100% private operation, Christian Schumacher and the entire Matech Racing team will nevertheless try to receive some assistance from Ford Motorsport Europe in the field of the car’s homologation. In the meanwhile work has started on the four chassis, and very shortly a prototype will take to the track for an initial evaluation of this Ford GT.

Stephane Ratel, Chairman of SRO Motorsports Group, promoter of the FIA GT3 European Championship, is delighted by the news of the Ford GT. "It is what I would call a new cult model, and in addition a new make showing an interest for the GT3 regulations”, Ratel commented.

http://www.fiagt3.com/newsitem.php?key=111

Ferrer
04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
What exactly is GT3 and who's in it?
GT3 is the lower of the three GT-based endurance racing clases and it has been introduced this year. It's for production based GT cars with a limited amount of modifications. Cup-like cars are also allowed. Some of the cars so far homologated include the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, the Ferrari F430 Challenge, the Maserati Coupe Trofeo, the Aston Martin DBRS9 and the Lotus Exige GT3.

carreragt10
04-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Racing Cars GT3 2007

Tech9 Motorsport 3 x Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
Trackspeed 3 x Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
S-Berg Racing 3 x Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
Martini Callaway Racing 3 x Corvette Z06
Larbre Compétition 3 x Dodge Coupe GT3
First Racing 3 x Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
BMS 3 x Aston Martin DBRS9
Damax 3 x Ascari ZW1R
Berlanga 3 x Ascari ZW1R
JMB Racing 3 x Ferrari 430 GT3
Kessel Racing 3 x Ferrari 430 GT3
Apex Motorsports 3 x Jaguar XKR GT3
Multimatic 3 x Ford Mustang
AutoGT Racing 3 x Morgan Aero V8
Matech Concepts 3 x Ford GT
Pouchelon Racing 3 x Dodge Coupe GT3
Riverside 3 x Lamborghini Galalrdo GT3
Hexis Racing 3 x Aston Martin DBRS9

Kitdy
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
GT3 is the lower of the three GT-based endurance racing clases and it has been introduced this year. It's for production based GT cars with a limited amount of modifications. Cup-like cars are also allowed. Some of the cars so far homologated include the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, the Ferrari F430 Challenge, the Maserati Coupe Trofeo, the Aston Martin DBRS9 and the Lotus Exige GT3.

That is sick. I wish that kinda stuff was show here - I'd really get into sports car racing then.

EDIT: So this is essentially stock car racing? That is something I've always wanted to see. What do these "minor modifications" mean?

baddabang
04-07-2007, 01:58 PM
It's hot. What's the lime green car that gets overtaken towards the end of the video?

It looks like a S2000 of some type.

kingofthering
04-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Is this like Super Taikyu where there are production cars with rollcages and other stuff designed to make the car race-ready?

Coventrysucks
04-07-2007, 03:15 PM

S2000

and it has been introduced this year.

Last year.

EDIT: So this is essentially stock car racing?

Not really.

That is something I've always wanted to see.

Watch B/E/WTCC or something like that.

What do these "minor modifications" mean?

http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/GT3ECreg.html

Specifically:

Related Regulations - PDF Downloads:
Article 257A - Technical Regulations for Cup Grand Touring Cars (Group GT3)

Pando
04-07-2007, 03:19 PM
S2000That was the first thing that came to my mind as well, the front was spot on, but the whole car didn't seem to fit the profile.

carreragt10
04-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Ford GT GT3 Racing - Hi-Res Hide-Out ;)

Dino Scuderia
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Checkout the street treads.

clutch-monkey
04-07-2007, 06:11 PM
that was awesome, it's just spitting flame everywhere lol...

Kitdy
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Watch B/E/WTCC or something like that.

I don't get that in my land... :(

KonaGreen
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I know Kitdy, it sucks eh? All of the really cool racing out there like the FIA GT series, and the ones that Cov mentioned get relegated to random showings on Speed at weird hours, in the off season to boot. It drives me nuts. But, I have to say that that black GT is super sweet, and that V8 blasting away is music to my ears.

dydzi
04-09-2007, 03:23 AM
fia gt races have many awesome cars but the races aren't too interesting

here are some pics of F430 from same class - http://www.scuderiaferrari.pl/modele/drogowe/f430/gt3/zdjecia.php

syko
04-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Ford GT GT3 Racing - Hi-Res Hide-Out ;)

Agreed this car needs its own thread in the hideout. When larger pictures are available of course.

carreragt10
04-18-2007, 06:14 PM
FIA-GT3 : Highly promising start for the Ford GT Matech Racing.

Highly promising start for the Ford GT Matech Racing !

Having just arrived this Wednesday at the Adria International Raceway in order to take part in another equivalency test in view of the FIA-GT3 championship, the Matech Racing team have already scored their first victory. They completed an incredible race against time in order to bring this project to fruition, namely to bring a Ford GT up to race norms, in a serious test session with a highly successful machine ….

Better than a regulation, it is a technical philosophy that the teams appointed by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile and SRO Motorsport Group have to apply to ensure the development and the manufacture of cars retained for the FIA-GT3 Championship. A championship that experienced an enormous success as from the first year it came into being, enough to be at the root of numerous projects. Amongst which Matech Racing, a Swiss structure who put it into their head to bring a myth back to life, namely the Ford GT40 ! In just a few months, the team run by Christian Schumacher, with workshops located within a stone’s throw of the Nürburgring in Germany, managed to convert the Ford GT into a race car. And after several test runs on the world renowned Eifel circuit, the Matech team headed off for Adria, for a first official run, and especially to take part in this now reputable equivalency test handled by Christophe Bouchut in person.

And the least one can say is that the Ford GT did not go unnoticed. Not only did this beauty prove itself to be fast, clocking up the best lap time of the day, but its overall preparation dumbfounded more than one, starting with Christophe Bouchut himself ! “Notwithstanding its young age, this Ford GT really impressed me ", the official FIA-GT3 driver commented. ”Right from the word go she was really easy to handle, and especially fast. I reckon this car has an enormous potential. Believe me they’ll be talking about this car in this type of race. We now need to see how it compares with the references in the category, but Matech Racing really carried out come great work …"

Apart from the lap times clocked by the Ford GT, it is also the practical side of the car that took Bouchut aback. "We know that she has great looks, and the effect she has on people is guaranteed. Once at the wheel I thought it would take quite a few minutes for the mechanics to fix and adjust the various elements, such as the windscreen, the dashboard, and the pedals; without forgetting the various bodywork components. Well in fact quite the contrary! In just a couple of seconds, everything was OK, and I was out on the track. In fact in an endurance race situation, such accessibility allows the mechanics to work quickly which is an undeniable advantage. Everything has been well thought out, offering maximum efficiency …"

A perfect christening for the Matech Racing Ford GT, which will be back on track in Dijon next Tuesday and Wednesday for a further series of tests. And we are leaving the final word to Christophe Bouchut. "In my career as a driver I have come across lots of cars. Well I can tell you one thing; this Ford GT has loads of spirit... truly impressive!”

http://www.endurance-info.com/static.php?subaction=showfull&id=1176845107&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&op=flashes.txt&npds=1

syko
04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Few pics with racing colours on, looks badass.

The_Canuck
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
you're the man for getting those pics, possibly most awesome looking GT car ever.

Ferrer
04-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Interestingly the logo of the team seems to be the same as the Jaguar one...

dydzi
05-20-2007, 01:24 PM
here are some pics from FIA GT3 races, from 5th of may and today

Ferrer
05-20-2007, 01:55 PM
The GT3 grid looks very interesting indeed. How was the race?

KonaGreen
05-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Ooooh good Lord dydzi, there needs to be laws against a race car looking soo damn sexy. And that GT3 field... for fracks sake, I need a waterproof keyboard, been drooling too damn much in the last 3 min.

NSXType-R
05-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow, very nice indeed.

dydzi
05-21-2007, 06:46 AM
The GT3 grid looks very interesting indeed. How was the race?

http://www.fiagt3.com/reports.php?event=2&season=2007&reporttype=Race%20Report :)

just to make it clear I haven't been to the race; i'm just writing reports from FIA GT races to some polish sources so that's why i'm accreditated at their website

Ferrer
05-21-2007, 06:57 AM
http://www.fiagt3.com/reports.php?event=2&season=2007&reporttype=Race%20Report :)

just to make it clear I haven't been to the race; i'm just writing reports from FIA GT races to some polish sources so that's why i'm accreditated at their website
Thank you. :)

If they had media coverage it could be a very interesting championship.

Cotterik
05-21-2007, 08:31 AM
so with the lowering of the car wont it make it technically the gt30? :rolleyes:

Kitdy
05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, this is a few days old news but it came up on Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/23/matech-ford-gt-wins-its-first-race-in-fia-gt3/), the Matech run GT40 GT3's won this weekend's race:

No doubt followers of FIA GT3 racing were surprised at how well the Ford GTs from Matech ran in the first two races at Silverstone earlier this month. No one, however, was prepared for the can of whoop ass they opened up in Bucarest last weekend. Despite heavy rain at times, the two Matech Ford GTs were dominant, though not both at the same time.

The first GT3 race of the weekend was won by the #34 JMB Racing Ferrari F430, but the #43 Matech Ford GT driven by Thomas Mutsch and Martin Bartek finished second, the best result in the first three races of the season for a Ford GT. The second race of the weekend, however, concluded with the #44 Matech Ford GT driven by Stefan van Campenhoudt and Romain Bera crossing the finish line first, ahead of no less than three Porsche GT3s that were chasing it down. Romain Bera was driving the Ford GT at the race's conclusion and didn't realize until after the race that one of his rear tires had gone flat near the end. Despite that and the heavy rain, Matech left Bucharest with its first win and a solid second-place finish – an amazing result considering their program is about four months old.

We've got a gallery full of gorgeous shots from the Bucharest street race, and we threw in a lot of extra pics taken of the headlining FIA GT race, as well. We wish it were easier to follow the FIA GT series from the U.S., as watching such varied marques battling on the same track would be a dream come true, or at least better than watching NASCAR's CoT turning left all day long.

Pretty damn impressive news.

NSXType-R
05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Pretty good results for a new team indeed.

The GT is a pretty sexy looking machine.....;)

F1_Master
05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
They almost won the first race as well, but came in 2nd to a F430. However, the winner of Race 2 came 8th in Race 1, while the 2nd place GT of Race 1 came 13th.

The_Canuck
05-25-2007, 05:33 PM
so with the lowering of the car wont it make it technically the gt30? :rolleyes:

No because this isn't the GT40. It's the GT ;) :p

Ferrer
05-26-2007, 03:58 AM
No because this isn't the GT40. It's the GT ;) :p
And actually I think that as standard it was 43 inches tall. I somewhat don't it is that easy to lower a car 13 inches... :rolleyes: