PDA

View Full Version : My Ferrari SUV-Style SportStation

Canay
04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Well here is the article from the AUTOZEITUNG. I did the first place with my design concept of a Ferrari SUV Style.

Hope you like it.

Greetings Canay

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/25/93925/1280_6161643763326636.jpg

drakkie
04-10-2007, 12:49 AM
cool ! Congratulations man ! Will pick up the magazine at university to have a real good look ! :)

Rockefella
04-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Ferrari SUV? Uh-oh, I hope you have a flame suit Canay. :)

BTW, please attach your images if they are over the 800 pixel width limit. I've done it for you but I've noticed that this has become a trend in your threads.

-Housekeeping

Ferrer
04-10-2007, 12:52 AM
The quality is indeed amazing. But a SUV (no matter if it's a Ferrari or not)...

Canay
04-10-2007, 01:09 AM
The quality is indeed amazing. But a SUV (no matter if it's a Ferrari or not)...

that was my concept in this contest. I knew that everyone will post a ferrari sportcar so I decided to come out of the mass with something different and it worked ... ;o) I get the first place for this idea.

henk4
04-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I get the first place for this idea.

which does not necessarily mean that it was a good idea:)

Gratuliere allenfals.

Canay
04-10-2007, 01:20 AM
which does not necessarily mean that it was a good idea:)

Gratuliere allenfals.

Why not??? The jury has been some of the best designers. And they decided that I get the first place.

Introducing the jury: Claus Potthoff (AUDI-Design), Peter Pfeiffer (Daimler-Chrysler), Adrian van Hoondonk (BMW), Stefan Lamm (Ford), Friedhelm Engler (OPEL), Vahe Bouldoukian (Peugeot) Rolf Schepp (De Lusi) ... and if they say it is good enough it cant be that bad.

Rockefella
04-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Why not??? The jury has been some of the best designers. And they decided that I get the first place.

Introducing the jury: Claus Potthoff (AUDI-Design), Peter Pfeiffer (Daimler-Chrysler), Adrian van Hoondonk (BMW), Stefan Lamm (Ford), Friedhelm Engler (OPEL), Vahe Bouldoukian (Peugeot) Rolf Schepp (De Lusi) ... and if they say it is good enough it cant be that bad.

The work is impeccable, but I believe Henk considers it a crime to Ferrari heritage, the SUV that is. It's similar to when Porsche released the Cayenne, but Ferrari would be even more drastic. I'm sure he didn't mean the work was subpar.

henk4
04-10-2007, 01:25 AM

my remark was an implicit comment that I do not think that a Ferrari SUV is a good idea....(but that goes for about any SUV, and I know that many people disagree with me on that). I was not commenting on the way you executed the idea...

Gardin
04-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Sorry but I hate it. Isn't it enough that Porsche did the awful Cayenne? Ferrari should never prostitute their brand with popular SUV's to attract more costumers, they will hopefully keep concentrating on what they do best and not sell out to please rich tasteless people.
Just my opinion, not out to start a war!

Canay
04-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Sorry but I hate it. Isn't it enough that Porsche did the awful Cayenne? Ferrari should never prostitute their brand with popular SUV's to attract more costumers, they will hopefully keep concentrating on what they do best and not sell out to please rich tasteless people.
Just my opinion, not out to start a war!

I can live with critics. ;o)

The theme for this part of the contest was to create a freetime vehicle for Michael Schuhmacher. I knew that everyone will design a sportcar. But it makes no sense ... Michael Schuhmacher drives a Formula 1 car, and you will never get a roadgoing car which will be faster than that. And he drives that fast in his job ... is there any need for him to get that fast in his freetime ??

So I decided to create a mixture about a Ferrari, a little SUV, a little station ...
I also think that Ferrari should not create a SUV, but if they will, they should create something which is different to Cayenne or BMW X5.
No Masscar.

Greetings Canay

McReis
04-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Congrats! The SUV was a clever choice. I guess you thought of a car that could really be driven fast on unprobable roads, and not a mass-produced "look-at-me" car. Like a rally car for a rich Ferrari lover. :)
Got to love those bucket seats. They are the best detail in my opinion.

jorismo
04-10-2007, 02:59 AM
I think it's very well made. The idea is original and as you mentioned, it suits the competition perfectly. I adore the seats, very well thought and they look awesome.

Congratulations!

Pando
04-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Congratulations! Really well done, but I sincerely hope it never reaches production. ;)

Vaigra
04-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Congratulations! Really well done, but I sincerely hope it never reaches production. ;)
Exactly what I was thinking.
Nice work Canay :)

SRK
04-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Beautiful!!!
I loved it..

Really good work..wish I could render like that

Pando
04-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.Nice peoples' minds think alike.

EL Nino
04-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Well here is the article from the AUTOZEITUNG. I did the first place with my design concept of a Ferrari SUV Style.

Hope you like it.

Greetings Canay

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/25/93925/1280_6161643763326636.jpg

Do you have a Deviantart? I like your style. You made it as a schalemodel! :)

IBrake4Rainbows
04-10-2007, 07:00 AM
It's bloody well done, and a rational thought.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily palatable for many UCP'ers however ;) the idea of a Ferrari SUV isn't great, but for what it's worth you've certainly designed it well :)

sicilian973-2
04-10-2007, 07:46 AM
I will own the first one.

McReis
04-10-2007, 07:48 AM
It's a concept that suits the potential buyer.

Pando
04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
The only owning I've seen you do is self-ownage.

McReis
04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The only owning I've seen you do is self-ownage.
But he does it at a Ferrari pace.

digitalcraft
04-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Very nicely done. However, if they ever make a Ferrari SUV I'm going to burn down your cat.

Canay
04-10-2007, 11:22 PM
here are some better resolutions ... ;o)

henk4
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
if you allow me one criticism. You follow the modern trend to reduce the size of the glass house to the extreme. That is never going to win my vote. I know I am fighting a rear end battle, and that doors need to be big and high because of safety reasons (sort of) but esthetically that does not work for me. Check a BMW 2800 Coupe (or Batmobile) or a Lancia Fulvia Coupe to see what I mean.