PDA

View Full Version : Air powered car

mclaren_crazy
04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
I just found this through a link on another site. Its a car from India that runs on compressed air. Pretty cool idea if I do say so myself

http://important-mohamooda.blogspot.com/2007/04/car-that-runs-on-air-in-india-soon.html

The_Canuck
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Question is: would you buy a car that runs on air?

70cuda88
04-17-2007, 08:16 PM
its not like free energy, you need a compressor, then that takes electricity, which makes factories produce Batteries, which then the factories create smoke, polluting the air, making the ozone layer thinner, and killing us all. so its not much better than gasoline haha

The_Canuck
04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
its not like free energy, you need a compressor, then that takes electricity, which makes factories produce Batteries, which then the factories create smoke, polluting the air, making the ozone layer thinner, and killing us all. so its not much better than gasoline haha

But again, even if it helps a bit, would you buy it? How exciting could an airpowered car be?

nota
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Were does it say anything about batteries? :confused:

A dedicated rotary air engine that "needs only 1 psi to overcome friction"

http://www.engineair.com.au/index.htm

Timothy (in VA)
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
I can't help wondering why no one thought of this earlier. There must be some reason why none of the major manufacturers have pursued this, or why they've all rejected this as a possibility.

Could someone translate the costs listed on the website into dollars, or at least euros, please?

ScionDriver
04-17-2007, 11:31 PM
It is interesting to say the least but it seems to me I'd rather have something powered by the Flintstones.

Egg Nog
04-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I can't help wondering why no one thought of this earlier. There must be some reason why none of the major manufacturers have pursued this, or why they've all rejected this as a possibility.

Could someone translate the costs listed on the website into dollars, or at least euros, please?

The car costs a bit less than $8400 US to buy, and the refill (which takes you 300km) costs about two bucks.

Pando
04-18-2007, 01:44 AM
That's not really an issue anymore.

twinspark
04-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I can't help wondering why no one thought of this earlier. There must be some reason why none of the major manufacturers have pursued this, or why they've all rejected this as a possibility.I always thought the oil companys buy patents for these kinds of systems so that they won't harm their own business.

Matra et Alpine
04-18-2007, 02:46 AM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20155 the designers original.

kingofthering
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I always thought the oil companys buy patents for these kinds of systems so that they won't harm their own business.

No, they could always use another method of making profit. Even they know that oil will run out someday.

Pando
04-18-2007, 02:43 PM
No, they could always use another method of making profit. Even they know that oil will run out someday.
What do you mean "no"? That would be thinking ahead, your statement contradicts that.

Cotterik
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
it probably runs on indian air. Which probably has enough gas in it to run anything. Atleast it smells like it.

Rotary.freak
08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
it probably runs on indian air. Which probably has enough gas in it to run anything. Atleast it smells like it.

LMFAO.... i felt terrible laughing at it...

crisis
08-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I hate to be a killjoy but how much energy does it take to compress the air?

hightower99
08-19-2007, 11:43 PM

The answer is of course: Less than you get out in motive energy with this car...

syko
08-19-2007, 11:45 PM

I think it compresses the air when braking.

crisis
08-19-2007, 11:55 PM
I think it compresses the air when braking.

Now that is clever.

Matra et Alpine
08-20-2007, 05:53 AM
The answer is of course: Less than you get out in motive energy with this car...
ht invents the perpetual motion machine :)

Assume you meant to say MORE than you get out

KingNothing
08-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Im sure it has a small nucluar powerplant in the trunk of the car...its like a Pinto on 'roids. Dont rear end it!