PDA

View Full Version : Car Fire Outside My Dorm

ScionDriver
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I was sitting on my computer when I heard someone yell "Fire!" I looked outside not expecting to see anything and bam there is a Dodge Ram burning. Fire Dept showed up a short time later to put the blaze in its place and now its all over.

But here are my pics, they were taken from the 4th story with a telephoto lens and through a screen, so excuse the quality on some.

ScionDriver
04-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Car Fire #2

Vaigra
04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
they were taken from the 4th story with a telephoto lens and through a screen, so excuse the quality on some.
Wonder what you normally use that for.

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
But it's raining :confused: how did a fire start in rain!

(cue drakkie entering a comment about how it's George Bush's fault and Dodge for making terrible cars)

Sledgehammer
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM

Dirty minds

LotusLocost
Ha..
I just run into a car-fire a few hours ago to...

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondheim/article852220.ece

I didn't bother taking pics though..
Just tuned around and drove another way around...:p

ScionDriver

Actually it stopped raining earlier this afternoon. And hahahahahaha on the white text there.

The_Canuck

(cue drakkie entering a comment about how it's George Bush's fault and Dodge for making terrible cars)

I think the screen makes it look like rain.
People complaining about Drakkie is just as annoying as Drakkie complaining about the U.S

NSXType-R
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Ahhh, the best example of American fit and finish. :D

In any case, it looks more like it was set up. The hood is open, so it looks like it was tampered with.

Rockefella
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM

In any case, it looks more like it was set up. The hood is open, so it looks like it was tampered with.

It probably overheated so they opened the hood, and then it went 'kablaaaammmooo'. (As they say in Formula 1 coverage)

ScionDriver
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Hahaha, I have not used it for that, nor would I for fear of prosecution. Especially considering the V-Tech guy was caught taking pictures of girls, I don't feel like being labelled a weirdo and a perv. I'm a photojournalism student thats why I have it. ;)

ScionDriver
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM

Not sure how it started, but when I first saw it the owner was standing next to it looking at it, so the hood was up when it started.

baddabang
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM

I was going to say cue drakkie entering a comment on how every car in the world is better then those made in America. But yours will do.

It probably overheated so they opened the hood, and then it went 'kablaaaammmooo'. (As they say in Formula 1 coverage)

That or some wires shorted out in the rain and caught some plastic on fire. Could have been the air filter too I suppose.

Ferrer
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Kablaaaammmooo?

Didn't know fires sounded like that... :D

Rockefella
04-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Kablaaaammmooo?

Didn't know fires sounded like that... :D

That's how David Hobbs and Peter Windsor say it. Idk, I tried.

kigango123
04-25-2007, 02:45 PM
arsony for sure

NSXType-R
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Not sure how it started, but when I first saw it the owner was standing next to it looking at it, so the hood was up when it started.

That or some wires shorted out in the rain and caught some plastic on fire. Could have been the air filter too I suppose.

Quite possible. I'm no forensics expert. :p

coolieman1220
04-25-2007, 04:01 PM
lmao @ hidden messages!

fisetdavid26
04-25-2007, 04:47 PM
That's how David Hobbs and Peter Windsor say it. Idk, I tried.
Are they the ones at Speed Channel? If so, they're strange, so I'm not surprised they said something like 'kablaaaammmooo' to describe fire!

kingofthering
04-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I was going to say cue drakkie entering a comment on how every car in the world is better then those made in America. But yours will do.

No, drakkie would probably link it to gun violence or violence. Then start bashing on America.

Matt
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
arsony for sure

What exactly is arsony?

drakkie
04-26-2007, 01:43 AM
What exactly is arsony?

The stuff some morons tried on my Suzi the other day. I came outside just in time, the flames (from a bunch of newspapers) were licking on the bumper allready. Other victims were two cars and a caravan, that were destroyed. Lucky me !

Anyway when going through this thread I was most surprised that they actually extinguished it. I happen to know the procedure for the firefighters here is to let it burn in such a stadium, because of the explosion risk of the battery and airbags.

Anyhow the owner must feel screwed by seeing his relatively new car go up in flames...

clutch-monkey
04-26-2007, 02:21 AM
What exactly is arsony?
it's like arson, but more concentrated. :D

McReis
04-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Well... it's always good to see a pointless gas guzzling car gone from this world. I hope that metal is reborn as a very economical diesel. :D

(People complaining about Drakkie is just as annoying as Drakkie complaining about the U.S
No way.

baddabang
04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
The stuff some morons tried on my Suzi the other day. I came outside just in time, the flames (from a bunch of newspapers) were licking on the bumper allready. Other victims were two cars and a caravan, that were destroyed. Lucky me !

Anyway when going through this thread I was most surprised that they actually extinguished it. I happen to know the procedure for the firefighters here is to let it burn in such a stadium, because of the explosion risk of the battery and airbags.

Anyhow the owner must feel screwed by seeing his relatively new car go up in flames...

I guess our firefighters are not pansy's

I think the screen makes it look like rain.
People complaining about Drakkie is just as annoying as Drakkie complaining about the U.S

Thanks for that Coventry. Oups I mean Canuck. :o

Matt
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM

There was risk to other people's property. They had an obligation to protect that. Have you ever seen/heard a battery explode? Not that big of a deal. The battery exploded on my Saturn when it burned. And airbags exploding? Inside of the car? It's not like that is that big of an explosion either. If a person can emerge from a close-proximity airbag explosion relatively unscathed, why would they worry about a contained explosion inside the vacant car? Seriously, sometimes you talk out your ass just to hear yourself fart.

McReis
04-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Seriously, sometimes you talk out your ass just to hear yourself fart.
:D :D :D Self-love can provide lovely images.

baddabang
04-26-2007, 07:59 PM
There was risk to other people's property. They had an obligation to protect that. Have you ever seen/heard a battery explode? Not that big of a deal. The battery exploded on my Saturn when it burned. And airbags exploding? Inside of the car? It's not like that is that big of an explosion either. If a person can emerge from a close-proximity airbag explosion relatively unscathed, why would they worry about a contained explosion inside the vacant car? Seriously, sometimes you talk out your ass just to hear yourself fart.

QFMFT.