PDA

View Full Version : Red Q7??

QuattroMan
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
my friend just got his red q7 in, i dont know how do you guys like q7 in red? he payed $2500 for it?:confused:

NuclearCrap
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
That looks hot, but if I was to choose I'd pick pearl white, although this isn't bad at all, especially with the extra body kit. S-line I assume? :)

jediali
04-26-2007, 12:41 AM
$2500!! thats cheap!

Ferrer
04-26-2007, 01:12 AM
$2500!! thats cheap!
I'm assuming he meant for the paint only... ;)

In my opinion SUV + bright paint = bad idea.

Cotterik
04-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Q7 looks awesome in silk-black, and that dark tone of green/blue/grey.

otherwise this sort of looks like a tomato on v large wheels.

Volvoman
04-26-2007, 03:07 AM
otherwise this sort of looks like a tomato on v large wheels.

LMAO. Oh how true.

I do not like the Q7 in any colour. They are way to big, even for me and I'm all for the big car.

john14
04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
In my opinion, if you really want to buy an SUV, a black SUV or a dark blue SUV will nearly always look better than a bright or light coloured SUV.

Vaigra
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm sure it doesn't look too bad. But I'd need to see clearer shots at a higher-res.
I'm not liking the red on the wheels tho.

ruim20
04-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Looks more like the brick it is, realistic colour. :D

Ingolstadt
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
OMG.... that's sooooo Paris ...

NSXType-R
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
That looks hot, but if I was to choose I'd pick pearl white, although this isn't bad at all, especially with the extra body kit. S-line I assume? :)

An S is already approved? I didn't hear about that. A V-12 diesel would be interesting. ;)

Q7's look good, it's just that it's a major gas guzzler. I don't hate or like them. I'd rather see these than Expeditions and Excursions.

Ferrer
04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
An S is already approved? I didn't hear about that. A V-12 diesel would be interesting. ;)

Q7's look good, it's just that it's a major gas guzzler. I don't hate or like them. I'd rather see these than Expeditions and Excursions.
S-line is to Audi what M Sport Pack is to BMW. So only aesthetic enhancements.

fisetdavid26
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
$2500 wasted imo. Sorry, I just don't like it. As some members said, black or dark tones is the way to go.

NSXType-R
04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
S-line is to Audi what M Sport Pack is to BMW. So only aesthetic enhancements.

Oh I see.

h00t_h00t
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
$2500 wasted imo. Sorry, I just don't like it. As some members said, black or dark tones is the way to go.

I agree, and at the risk of sounding like an adult, he'll get less for it when he comes to sell it because everyone wants something big and black.

04-26-2007, 07:58 PM
the car looks awful
Its a disgrace

the Q7 looks pretty good in a dark grey/gunmetal color

Personally i think the toureg looks better than both the cayenne and the Q7 with the Cayenne considerably uglier than the rest

Ferrer
04-26-2007, 11:54 PM
A little bit OT, but why someone who considers him/mer a car enthusiast can like an SUV?

Niko_Fx
04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Looks like a "10 years under the sun" kind of red, cheap.... And those rims are hideous :)

silverhawk
04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
if you think thats bad, i saw a bright yellow cayenne turbo. it was much worse.

Rockefella
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
because everyone wants something big and black.

Once you go black, you never go back..

Waugh-terfall
04-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh god no, it looks god aweful, red on a Q7 is a no-go. Nice car, but the colour... My Dad wants a dolphin grey one or a silver one, and I aggree with him, they're the nicer colours. But red..!

fisetdavid26
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Once you go black, you never go back..
Amen to that.

Vaigra
04-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Once you go black, you're going to need a wheelchair.

Volvoman
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
A little bit OT, but why someone who considers him/mer a car enthusiast can like an SUV?

As far as I knew, a car enthusiast didn't have to enjoy the fast, sporty cars. I class myself as an enthusiast and I am a fan of European cars, mainly the ones that aren't available here. That includes Skoda and Fiat. Does that mean I am not an enthusiast because a) I have never driven these vehicles and b) know not a lot about them? Are SUVs a type of car? So why can an enthusiast not like SUVs?

The_Canuck
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Thats a bit far. Sure some SUVs are utterly stupid, but some kick ass, example: trailblazer SS. Now that is cool.

Just because someone like SUVs doesn't mean they should be made fun of and be told they can't possibly be a car enthusiast.

Street_Dreamer
04-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Good job he got the 21" rims. However, although the red paint job looks pretty nice, i'd get a dark grey (we were actually going to, but cancelled the Q7, and may revive that order now that we are rid of the old S500).

Love the car, just don't really like the red on the rims :(

QuattroMan
04-27-2007, 09:54 PM
$2500!! thats cheap!

paint

Ferrer
04-28-2007, 02:59 AM
As far as I knew, a car enthusiast didn't have to enjoy the fast, sporty cars. I class myself as an enthusiast and I am a fan of European cars, mainly the ones that aren't available here. That includes Skoda and Fiat. Does that mean I am not an enthusiast because a) I have never driven these vehicles and b) know not a lot about them? Are SUVs a type of car? So why can an enthusiast not like SUVs?

Thats a bit far. Sure some SUVs are utterly stupid, but some kick ass, example: trailblazer SS. Now that is cool.

Just because someone like SUVs doesn't mean they should be made fun of and be told they can't possibly be a car enthusiast.
But aren't SUVs a bit like the anticar? I'm not saying everyone has to enjoy fast and sporty cars, I like comfort too. But SUVs aren't neither of this things and you could always find a car that could do things better.

For instance, luxury and comfort get a big 4-door saloon. Speed and handling get a sportscar or a sports saloon. And carrying people or stuff, get an MPV or an estate. The only thing were SUVs could have the upper hand is when going off-road, and some are completely useless and anyway people with SUVs rarely go off-road.

That was my point.

Rockefella
04-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Once you go black, you're going to need a wheelchair.

+1. .

my porsche
04-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Looks like a "10 years under the sun" kind of red
I think that may be because of the camera used.

Volvoman
04-30-2007, 02:43 AM
But aren't SUVs a bit like the anticar? I'm not saying everyone has to enjoy fast and sporty cars, I like comfort too. But SUVs aren't neither of this things and you could always find a car that could do things better.

For instance, luxury and comfort get a big 4-door saloon. Speed and handling get a sportscar or a sports saloon. And carrying people or stuff, get an MPV or an estate. The only thing were SUVs could have the upper hand is when going off-road, and some are completely useless and anyway people with SUVs rarely go off-road.

That was my point.

Maybe he wanted an SUV, did you think about that? I do too, but I can't afford one. So I bought a Tiida instead.

Ingolstadt
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, the problem with people claiming SUVs as useless because they can't do 1 thing exceptionally well, is because they looked like 4x4, and we can't throw away the concept that 4x4s must climb 45 degree slopes, submerge into mudwater and all kinds of stuff. SUVs can do almost everything marginally, which is something people wanted. i guess that's it. I'm not that much into SUV because of the ride height. I'm very much in love with Allroad Quattro, XC70 kinda stuff thou.

Volvoman
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes, I think they are great as well. But people buy them because they want them. Ultimately that why people buy any car. I'm not a fan of Hyundais or Kias, not because they are bad car, just because I think they are boring econoboxes. But, I don't think that because they aren't a huge drivers car, and don't drive like a sports car that they shouldn't be sold. People but them because they like them and the price that goes with them. Same for SUVs, people buy them because they like them. Thats all there is to it.

Ferrer
05-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes, I think they are great as well. But people buy them because they want them. Ultimately that why people buy any car. I'm not a fan of Hyundais or Kias, not because they are bad car, just because I think they are boring econoboxes. But, I don't think that because they aren't a huge drivers car, and don't drive like a sports car that they shouldn't be sold. People but them because they like them and the price that goes with them. Same for SUVs, people buy them because they like them. Thats all there is to it.
I'm not saying that people can't buy or want them, everyone can buy or like whatever they want. What it is hard for me to believe is that car enthusiasts like them, because they don't have the qualities of a proper car, or at least cars have better qualities than them.

john14
05-02-2007, 06:31 AM
I still feel sick because I looked at the picture of this absolutely disgusting Audi Q7. I think the Q7 is the ugliest machine of all time along with the BMW X5 and every Hummer H1, H2 and H3. I'll have an old 2003 or 2005 model Porsche Cayenne any day (the new Cayenne is nearly as ugly as the H2, X5 and the Q7).

Waugh-terfall
05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm sure it is still possible to have fun driving a model from the Kia range or things like the Audi Q7 or LandRover Discovery 3.0TDI/2.7TDV6 respectivly.

I'll have an old 2003 or 2005 model Porsche Cayenne any day (the new Cayenne is nearly as ugly as the H2, X5 and the Q7).

What? There's almost no difference between them

Ingolstadt
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
I still feel sick because I looked at the picture of this absolutely disgusting Audi Q7. I think the Q7 is the ugliest machine of all time along with the BMW X5 and every Hummer H1, H2 and H3. I'll have an old 2003 or 2005 model Porsche Cayenne any day (the new Cayenne is nearly as ugly as the H2, X5 and the Q7).

I'm quite sure it's just you. The following are a list of SUVs that i find unbearable. Cayenne, Q7 just don't make up to your taste as their brands suggested they should, hence there's some over-reacting here i guess.

Waugh-terfall
05-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I have to totally disagree with you on the Escalade, Durngo and Excursion. I think they're awesome, the sheer size of them... Not necessarily good cars but cool. The Pacifica & SantaFe aren't too bad... But BY GOD THE REXTON IS VOMIT INDUCING!! And nobody at school believed me that there was a car company called Ssangyong in the quiz...

Ferrer
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
But BY GOD THE REXTON IS VOMIT INDUCING!! And nobody at school believed me that there was a car company called Ssangyong in the quiz...
It's not a Rexton but a Rodius. And it's more an MPV than an SUV.

Waugh-terfall
05-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Whoops, that's what I mean, the Rexton is the Kia Sorento like thing.

Ingolstadt
05-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I have to totally disagree with you on the Escalade, Durngo and Excursion. I think they're awesome, the sheer size of them... Not necessarily good cars but cool. The Pacifica & SantaFe aren't too bad.....

Cool /= Good looking
Ugly /= Bad Car
Waterfall on Escalade, Durngo and Excursion = Brand Bias :D

SsangYong Rodius was dubbed a hilarious Russian name over here - Stavic

SsangYong Rexton is the one on the left, and the new Kyron does look very good.

For your info, most SsangYongs are using Mercedes mechanicals, and their build quality is on par with VAG products (If you aren't bias)

p.s. I had a worst encounter in class last time, my lecturer laughed at me when I mentioned Samsung cars when we're in a case discussion of diversification of business. Then all the rest students followed suit.

Ingolstadt
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Off topic

IS A RED Q7 THE ONLY INTERESTING THING ABOUT EUROPEAN CARS FOR A 2 DAYS STRAIGHT????? :confused: