04-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Vote for who's photo you think is best
Please vote in both threads

Italianspirit
F430 Spider Badge
Toronto, Canada
April 21st 2007
Canon Powershot S3 IS
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241605&d=1177536295

Paul
BMW
Touring Cars
3 weeks ago
Canon 350D
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241608&d=1177538887

My Porsche
Nikon
Last Weekend
Rice University
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241613&d=1177543532

Pinto_PT
Flying Impreza
April 2007
Vodafone Rally De Portugal 2007
Fuji S5600
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241615&d=1177544838

70cuda88
Monte Carlo SS
March
Car Show
Kodak C355
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241618&d=1177550579

Waugh-terfall
Vanquish door-pull
Harwoods Aston Martin & Jaguar
31-3-07
Sony Cyber-shot DSC W70b
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241748&d=1177689064

2ndclasscitizen
11-3-07
Suzuki Swift GTi
Pentax *ist DS + Sigma EF500DG Super
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241769&d=1177731142

F1_Master
4-21-07
MotorSport Ranch
Kodak P850
Il Toro
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241771&d=1177743650

adamfraser
28 April 2007
At my Work, S&S Services
Olympus X715
"A WRX UK300 from a Toolbox's point of view"
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241779&d=1177773026

cmcpokey
reflections of blue sky
27 April 2007
nikon d80
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=241780&d=1177781281

Cotterik
04-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Great sharpness and focus MP. Get my vote. If only your other entry was that sharp :)

Ingolstadt
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't care, I'll always vote the Honda Civic RS6

Waugh-terfall
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
ARGH! MP's or Adams!?

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
The Lord of the Rings gets my vote. Very nice picture my porsche.

The_Canuck
04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I think alot of people are voting for the car again...

Rockefella
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Eh? Why do you say that..?

The_Canuck
04-29-2007, 04:26 PM
The Lord of the Rings gets my vote.

I don't care, I'll always vote the Honda Civic RS6

Comments like those mostly...

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I wasn't voting for the car, but for the quality of the shot. I just used the nickname my porsche uses for his car.

Rockefella
04-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Idk, the average looking Audi sedan with a beefy engine doesn't make me go crazy. Hell, for all I know it's an A6. ;)

my porsche
04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I can count four cars in this competition that are rarer than and more expensive than Der RS6. They are, Lamborghini Diablo (GT?), Subaru Rally Car, BMW Touring Car, and whatever Aston Martin is pictured in Waugh's photo.

Go eat some putine or something, eh?

IWantAnAudiRS6
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
RS6. Obviously.

my porsche
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Great sharpness and focus MP. Get my vote. If only your other entry was that sharp :)
It's pretty dang sharp (check the petals) just that because it was so close to the flower, the DOF is about 1-2mm, and I focused on the wrong part.

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Go eat some putine or something, eh?

Poutine. Or as fisetdavid26 might call it, poutine. (With a Quebecois accent and said the actual way it is said - I cannot describe it.) :D

You ever had poutine? Melted cheese and gravy is the nectar of the gods.

La Belle Province makes some damned fine Poutine. Ontario needs more Quebec style poutine!

my porsche
04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Poutine. Or as fisetdavid26 might call it, poutine. (With a Quebecois accent and said the actual way it is said - I cannot describe it.) :D

La Belle Province makes some damned fine Poutine. Ontario needs more Quebec style poutine!
I've had chili-cheese fries which is the same but substitute gravy for chili. Very good, very bad for you. :p

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 04:56 PM

You know La Belle Province?! :eek: There's only 3 restaurants they have I know of, all near where I live! Wait until you experience Ashton poutine, the best there ever was. Unfortunately, all their restaurants are in Quebec City, there's none anywhere else, even Montréal. I'm usually going there at 2 or 3 AM every Saturday, there's one at 5 minutes from where I live, they're one of the few restaurants still open that late except for pizza restaurants. As for pronouncing poutine with a Québécois accent, no problem for me, but I can't explain that with words!

EDIT: There's an article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine) on Wikipedia and there is a .wav of the pronunciation. It's accurate.

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 05:06 PM
There is a LBP right over the Ontario/Québec border! I think there is a bunch of them; my old man and I ate poutine from there (Highway 20 before it turns into the 401) on the way back from the 2004 Canadian GP. I hear Québéois home style pizza is sick - actually grilled bacon unlike the hack crap they have here.

Where the hell is Neufchâtel anyways? I map quested it but it was not there!

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
There is a LBP right over the Ontario/Québec border! I think there is a bunch of them; my old man and I ate poutine from there (Highway 20 before it turns into the 401) on the way back from the 2004 Canadian GP. I hear Québéois home style pizza is sick - actually grilled bacon unlike the hack crap they have here.

Where the hell is Neufchâtel anyways? I map quested it but it was not there!
It's because it isn't called Neufchâtel anymore, well officially, Quebec City did a bit like Paris, they renamed every suburbs with district names. It's about 20 min from downtown Quebec City (Vieux Québec) by car. Google maps ftw (http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&q=Quebec%20Maps&btnG=Recherche+Google&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl). Zoom out to see where it is exactly in Canada. I'm right next to "Parc Chauveau", it's roughly in the middle of the map. Rue Arbour to be exact, just north of the park.

And yes, our homemade pizza is very good. Normandin makes the best ones.

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
It's because it isn't called Neufchâtel anymore, well officially, Quebec City did a bit like Paris, they renamed every suburbs with district names. It's about 20 min from downtown Quebec City (Vieux Québec) by car. Google maps ftw (http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&q=Quebec%20Maps&btnG=Recherche+Google&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl). Zoom out to see where it is exactly in Canada. I'm right next to "Parc Chauveau", it's roughly in the middle of the map. Rue Arbour to be exact, just north of the park.

And yes, our homemade pizza is very good. Normandin makes the best ones.

Cool. I went to Quebec City in grade 8 as our graduation trip. In fact, at the park with the waterfall and the bridge over it (do you know what it's called?) we met the deputy PM by chance and I lost my wallet only to have it mailed back to my home! At the end of the trip we all went on a cruise on the St. Lawrence - pretty sick. We also went into Chateâu Frontenac and tried to take a leak in the john there but they wouldn't let us. :(

All in all, the two times I have been to Québec were encroyable! :D

I recomend to other Canadians and Americans to visit; especially Montréal, that place is sick - and you can watch the Canadian GP there on the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve in sunny June!

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Cool. I went to Quebec City in grade 8 as our graduation trip. In fact, at the park with the waterfall and the bridge over it (do you know what it's called?) we met the deputy PM by chance and I lost my wallet only to have it mailed back to my home! At the end of the trip we all went on a cruise on the St. Lawrence - pretty sick. We also went into Chateâu Frontenac and tried to take a leak in the john there but they wouldn't let us. :(

All in all, the two times I have been to Québec were encroyable! :D

I recomend to other Canadians and Americans to visit; especially Montréal, that place is sick - and you can watch the Canadian GP there on the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve in sunny June!
I believe you are referring to the Chute Montmorency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorency_Falls). I love to watch the Canadian GP from my car, it is visible from the highway right next to the Île Notre-Dame where the GP is. I don't usually have the money to attend it so I just drive around the highway to catch glimpses of it. I can hear it too :cool:

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I believe you are referring to the Chute Montmorency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmorency_Falls). I love to watch the Canadian GP from my car, it is visible from the highway right next to the Île Notre-Dame where the GP is. I don't usually have the money to attend it so I just drive around the highway to catch glimpses of it. I can hear it too :cool:

Now driving around in a car is jsut to watch the CGP is gheto, very ghetto! Gotta love that dedication though. :)

You could get a general grounds pass for like 20 odd bucks I think? :confused:

I got to go for my birthday present one year, sitting right there at turn 2 - a great vantage point for anyone who might go there.

The Chute Montmorency looks liek the palce where I lost my wallet. :(

It was at an ice cream stand. :)

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Now driving around in a car is jsut to watch the CGP is gheto, very ghetto! Gotta love that dedication though. :)

You could get a general grounds pass for like 20 odd bucks I think? :confused:
Last time I checked it was $75, and yes it is ghetto, but it's a good way for me to drive 500 km in one day and practice my driving skills in a big city. I have my license since January so I'm not that used to drive. It's the main reason why I do that, and I'm paying the gas so here goes the money for the GP!

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
That's true it is good practice I guess. It is pro - I really respect that; it's also a great way to get used to your car then I suppose. I've been driving for a while longer so I think I got the hang of it, but it would be fun going to another city somewhere different like Montréal (I already went to Buffalo - it sucks :D) and try to drive on the different roads and not turn right on reds! :p

How many GPs have you been to like this, only the one? I suggest at least once you get tickets and actually attend it, you will not be dissapointed. :)

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 05:55 PM
That's true it is good practice I guess. It is pro - I really respect that; it's also a great way to get used to your car then I suppose. I've been driving for a while longer so I think I got the hang of it, but it would be fun going to another city somewhere different like Montréal (I already went to Buffalo - it sucks :D) and try to drive on the different roads and not turn right on reds! :p

How many GPs have you been to like this, only the one? I suggest at least once you get tickets and actually attend it, you will not be dissapointed. :)
lol at turning right on reds! It's the only GP I attended that way, and I never attended for real any GP. I'm buying tickets next year though, I'll be 18 so I guess I'll enjoy it a bit more :D Don't forget being 18 in Quebec equals baller status.

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 06:01 PM
lol at turning right on reds! It's the only GP I attended that way, and I never attended for real any GP. I'm buying tickets next year though, I'll be 18 so I guess I'll enjoy it a bit more :D Don't forget being 18 in Quebec equals baller status.

You should come down to Toronto one time in the summer and drive around - there is enough shit to do down here to last a while anyways - and you can turn right on reds! You could watch the Indy or something... :rolleyes:

But seriously, turning right on reds is utter freedom, what is the rule in the states? Speaking of utter freedom, you will have that in but a few months I suppose - that is sick. I seen your new ride and it seems good, but you said you might be looking for something else later on in the summer? What is the deal?

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 06:11 PM
You should come down to Toronto one time in the summer and drive around - there is enough shit to do down here to last a while anyways - and you can turn right on reds! You could watch the Indy or something... :rolleyes:

But seriously, turning right on reds is utter freedom, what is the rule in the states? Speaking of utter freedom, you will have that in but a few months I suppose - that is sick. I seen your new ride and it seems good, but you said you might be looking for something else later on in the summer? What is the deal?
Well, basically the Cobalt is my parents' car, which I use for now, so I consider it in a way "my" ride. I'll have mine at the end of the summer as I said in my thread about that, "Help with a new car". I'm waiting until then for one reason: money. I'll be working all summer for that. I'm looking at Preludes, Civics and even old Mercs, but recently I have found interesting deals on Audi A4s.

I went to Toronto last year, but didn't have my license so I didn't had the chance to drive around. We can turn right on reds too unless there's a sign which says it's forbidden. There's not too much of those fortunately.

On a side note, we're owning the thread haha.

Vaigra
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
That can easily be sorted out. :p

my porsche
04-29-2007, 06:35 PM
But seriously, turning right on reds is utter freedom, what is the rule in the states?
Right on red on (almost) all streets, and left on red on one way streets going to the left.

Kitdy
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, basically the Cobalt is my parents' car, which I use for now, so I consider it in a way "my" ride. I'll have mine at the end of the summer as I said in my thread about that, "Help with a new car". I'm waiting until then for one reason: money. I'll be working all summer for that. I'm looking at Preludes, Civics and even old Mercs, but recently I have found interesting deals on Audi A4s.

I went to Toronto last year, but didn't have my license so I didn't had the chance to drive around. We can turn right on reds too unless there's a sign which says it's forbidden. There's not too much of those fortunately.

Look at Porsche 944's... :p I do...

So you are looking for just like a standard sedan? How much is your budget?

fisetdavid26
04-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Look at Porsche 944's... :p I do...

So you are looking for just like a standard sedan? How much is your budget?
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32246

We should transfer the conversation there, and stop owning that thread haha.

Waugh-terfall
04-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Colins. Well executed shot, perfect light and the colours are picked out so well. And, obviously. RS6.

BLACK 300ZX
05-01-2007, 04:45 AM
I came too late to vote but my favorite was Pinto's one.

john14
05-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Audi cars and Lamborghinis neV4r lOose?

henk4
05-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Audi cars and Lamborghinis neV4r lOose?

well, I am sure the Audi will loose in the run-off

F1_Master
05-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Eh? Why do you say that..?
Like these are what The_Canuck means.

RS6. Obviously.

And while I might somewhat I agree, I feel there's another reason the same shots are getting voted for.

my porsche
05-04-2007, 03:05 PM
And while I might somewhat I agree, I feel there's another reason the same shots are getting voted for.

I hope by that you don't mean the most expensive car gets all the votes, because like I said, there are 4 cars more expensive in this competition than my humble RS6. :)

The_Canuck
05-04-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope by that you don't mean the most expensive car gets all the votes, because like I said, there are 4 cars more expensive in this competition than my humble RS6. :)

Yeah but there are alot of fans here, including me :p

F1_Master
05-04-2007, 07:29 PM

No, because I already said I somewhat agree with The_Canuck on that subject.

I feel there's another reason though for certain shots always winning.

my porsche
05-04-2007, 09:55 PM
And that reason is...?

F1_Master
05-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm not going to say. It'll only cause an argument, with folks trying to bash my personal opinion.

Piacki_117
05-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Then don't say you think there is another reason if you're not going to say it. That's neither useful nor constructive.

my porsche
05-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Then could you PM it to me? I'm pretty confused here.

Cotterik
05-05-2007, 08:32 AM
just say it, whats the worst that could happen?

Intense flaming & debate against you, no matter what side you're on..

F1_Master
05-05-2007, 05:12 PM
just say it, whats the worst that could happen?

Intense flaming & debate against you, no matter what side you're on..
Exactly.

Then could you PM it to me? I'm pretty confused here.

Maybe later tonight, I will.

Then don't say you think there is another reason if you're not going to say it. That's neither useful nor constructive.
I'm so sorry I can't let out that I have a certain opinion on a subject, but wish not to state what so. I'm only holding my personal opinion in because I'm still trying to think of a more polite, and correct way, of voicing it.