PDA

View Full Version : NISSAN R35 GTR, its f%*&$#G nice

motorhead
05-21-2003, 07:41 AM
look at this. its called the nissan r35 gtr. no more skyline as it will be used for sedans. nice eh - i love it

motorhead
05-21-2003, 07:44 AM
back

Egg Nog
05-21-2003, 09:38 PM
What's with that guy in the window? :)

Kossy
05-23-2003, 04:14 AM
Ahem, they are both artists impressions.

motorhead
05-23-2003, 04:18 AM
AHEM - they are nice though and yeah i got a pic of the real R35 wait i'll post it soon

kinan.f
05-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Cool.Can't wait to see the real one.

elfangor
05-28-2003, 05:40 PM
I wonder how much it would cost... better start saving up :D

And I'm glad they decided to keep the round tail lights.

motorhead
05-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by elfangor
I wonder how much it would cost... better start saving up :D

And I'm glad they decided to keep the round tail lights.
there won't be any significant difference but i heard 400 HP

motormaniac
05-28-2003, 11:14 PM
good thing japan got rid of it's emission laws

motorhead
06-08-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
good thing japan got rid of it's emission laws
yeah and now i hope europe does not put it

Nash
06-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Those are not real pics. You friggin goofballs.

motorhead
06-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Nash
Those are not real pics. You friggin goofballs.
we already know you friggin fishball - i ha ve the real pics but its too big for the page and yes it looks almost similar

motormaniac
06-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
we already know you friggin fishball - i ha ve the real pics but its too big for the page and yes it looks almost similar

link....

motorhead
06-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
link.... GO FIND YOURSELF

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by motorhead
GO FIND YOURSELF

u can't prove it, buster

motorhead
06-18-2003, 06:47 AM
i lost it shit - i totally lost the link - sorry guys - wait i'll go find better pics and post it soon

DamoNismo
06-20-2003, 06:59 AM
I am pulled the entire net to bits searching for photos of the new Skyline and have put them all together in a photo gallery called Damo Nismo (http://nismo.webpathways.com/).

Check out the pics! (http://nismo.webpathways.com/)

This new Skyline looks sweet! I don't know what problem people have with it. With a body kit, rear spoiler, mag wheels and lowered suspension, this baby will be a beast!

I'm working on editing an image in Photoshop to super-impose a body kit and spoiler on it to give you an idea. The GT-R has potential!

DamoNismo
06-20-2003, 08:45 AM
This is the first time I've experimented with this super-imposing nonsense, so this will look pretty bad. All I've managed to do is get a rear spoiler and lower the suspension. I'll try all the rest some other time.

Edited V1:
http://nismo.webpathways.com/edit_gtr01.jpg
Original Version (http://nismo.webpathways.com/image.php?w=468&h=365&src=gtr12.jpg)

motorhead
06-20-2003, 09:51 AM
good job but i think the rear spoiler is too big - its sticking out too much also - anyway take a look

RB26DETT
06-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Are you guyz stupid or something...lol....the R35 already came out and no its non of those drawings dat u guys are showing around...matterfact it even came out in da US but under another name, Infinity G35.....i know cuz im a big import fsan and i live watching da latest newz on cars...BYTCH!!!....

RB26DETT

Nildo
06-20-2003, 07:58 PM
RB26DETT,
nice name, but get your facts straight. The Infiniti 350 is based on the 350 z. It is similar to the GTR in a few ways but different in most areas. The GTR will be called 'GTR' in every country it is released in.

The infiniti and 350z both have the same engine. The GTR, however has a heavily altered twin turbo version of that engine. Nissan engineers have stated that to compete with porsche (and probably the Honda NSX type R) that they are aiming for 450 ps, which is about 445 bhp. At that power level the jap goverment has stated that they want to emissions test every single car.

Unlike the 350 z, the GTR will have a very different chassis set up to the infiniti, including the obligatory all wheel drive.

Motorhead, the picture you show last is an artist imp. about 3 years old. The other pictures you put up are based on the R35 GTR concept shown at the Tokyo motor show. They are MUCH closer to the car that will come out later this year (in japan....not due in Australia until 2005). Nissan has stated though that the only guaranteed feature which will remain is the round tail lights.

I actually hated the looks to begin with, but they have grown on me, now i reckon it looks superb!

motorhead
06-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by RB26DETT
Are you guyz stupid or something...lol....the R35 already came out and no its non of those drawings dat u guys are showing around...matterfact it even came out in da US but under another name, Infinity G35.....i know cuz im a big import fsan and i live watching da latest newz on cars...BYTCH!!!....

RB26DETT hahahah you got it all worng man - G35 is a coupe based on 350Z like what nismo said and we are just playin aroung with drawings and computer images - hahaha youre so funny - you got all your facts wrong and your calling us bitch - whose the real bitch

motorhead
06-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Nildo
RB26DETT,
nice name, but get your facts straight. The Infiniti 350 is based on the 350 z. It is similar to the GTR in a few ways but different in most areas. The GTR will be called 'GTR' in every country it is released in.

The infiniti and 350z both have the same engine. The GTR, however has a heavily altered twin turbo version of that engine. Nissan engineers have stated that to compete with porsche (and probably the Honda NSX type R) that they are aiming for 450 ps, which is about 445 bhp. At that power level the jap goverment has stated that they want to emissions test every single car.

Unlike the 350 z, the GTR will have a very different chassis set up to the infiniti, including the obligatory all wheel drive.

Motorhead, the picture you show last is an artist imp. about 3 years old. The other pictures you put up are based on the R35 GTR concept shown at the Tokyo motor show. They are MUCH closer to the car that will come out later this year (in japan....not due in Australia until 2005). Nissan has stated though that the only guaranteed feature which will remain is the round tail lights.

I actually hated the looks to begin with, but they have grown on me, now i reckon it looks superb! yeah i know about the pic and the car does look good you know - the concept and the production version is not entirely the same though

RB26DETT
06-21-2003, 02:16 PM
You guyz are soo stupid and ignorant...so ya want proof that the G35 is the Skyline R35 GTR well here it is ****in assholes...bytch!!!

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/index3.html

RB26DETT

RB26DETT
06-21-2003, 02:24 PM
umm and wut does it say on da back...lol...

RB26DETT

RB26DETT
06-21-2003, 02:26 PM
here is a Wallpaper for u guyz...lol...

**note*** dat on da pic is sez Nissan Motor Company

RB26DETT

motorhead
06-22-2003, 09:26 AM
er rb26 the nest skyline will not be called the skyline anymore - it will be called the r35 GTR - no skyline - skyline is for sedans - exactly what you posted - the skyline there is a sedan version of the infiniti g35 coupe

Nildo
06-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Motorhead, your totally right. the new GTR will not be called 'Skyline' at all, therefore those pics CAN'T be of the R35 GTR.
And to RB26, just a few things to show I know what I am talking about. Your names engine means;
RB=engine series designate 'RB'
26=2.6 litres
d=dual overhead camshafts (per bank)
e=electronic fuel injection
tt=twin turbo. The turbos are based on Garrett gt28 ball bearing turbochargers, and standard can flow around 480 hp (360 kw).

First released in 1989 the R32 version had a peak torque of 353nm@4400 rpm and peak power of around 210 kw at 7500 rpm. In the r33 this rose to 368nm@4400. Peak power was still claimed at 208kw, but as any engineer or person who knows about physics will realise, higher torque at equivalent revs means a higher peak power (about 220kw@8000rpm). Finally in the R34 torque again was up to 398@4400. Peak power is guestimated at 240kw@8000 rpm.
Don't go around insulting people and acting like a wanker unless you really do know what it is you are talking about.

motorhead
06-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Motorhead, your totally right. the new GTR will not be called 'Skyline' at all, therefore those pics CAN'T be of the R35 GTR.
And to RB26, just a few things to show I know what I am talking about. Your names engine means;
RB=engine series designate 'RB'
26=2.6 litres
d=dual overhead camshafts (per bank)
e=electronic fuel injection
tt=twin turbo. The turbos are based on Garrett gt28 ball bearing turbochargers, and standard can flow around 480 hp (360 kw).

First released in 1989 the R32 version had a peak torque of 353nm@4400 rpm and peak power of around 210 kw at 7500 rpm. In the r33 this rose to 368nm@4400. Peak power was still claimed at 208kw, but as any engineer or person who knows about physics will realise, higher torque at equivalent revs means a higher peak power (about 220kw@8000rpm). Finally in the R34 torque again was up to 398@4400. Peak power is guestimated at 240kw@8000 rpm.
Don't go around insulting people and acting like a wanker unless you really do know what it is you are talking about. you know what your nick should be - Skyline King - hehe

Nildo
06-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanx 'Head, but actually I prefer the JZ80 twin turbo supra. Not as quick, but the motor is better for conversions. There is a guy I heard of that put one in a walkinshaw group A racing commodore! It was a good choice too, putting about 30% more power out at the wheels.

motorhead
06-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanx 'Head, but actually I prefer the JZ80 twin turbo supra. Not as quick, but the motor is better for conversions. There is a guy I heard of that put one in a walkinshaw group A racing commodore! It was a good choice too, putting about 30% more power out at the wheels. oh good good

DamoNismo
06-24-2003, 03:30 AM
RB26DETT, thats the Skyline in the the web page that you gave us! I know because I'm not only a big fan of Nissans like you said you are, but I also live in Australia! Australia is alot closer to Japan than the USA plus Skylines are perfectly legal here, even with turbos and intercoolers. Are road laws arn't as strict as you.

The GT-R isn't even released yet, only the Skyline is. The Skyline and GT-R are completely different models - One is a coupe and the other one is a racing car.

The Skyline line has been rename the GT-R and the name Skyline is now being used for that new version of the car you see on the website below.

So, yes, that is CALLED the Skyline... but it is not related to the R34. The GT-R, however is still in concept. You can see images on the concept on my website (http://nismo.webpathways.com/).

I'm not calling you stupid because it is very confusing. I had to do some research on what I am talking about so I have got my facts straight. Also too, I love Nissans... hehe :D

motorhead
06-24-2003, 10:54 AM
the r32 r32.5 r33 and r34 were all called skylines but the r35 will be just named the nissan R35 GTR - skyline are for sedans

bnr32
06-27-2003, 11:38 PM
who know why did nissan go with a v engine and not inline engine. The inline engine is a symbol of the skyline.

motorhead
06-28-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by bnr32
who know why did nissan go with a v engine and not inline engine. The inline engine is a symbol of the skyline. a v6 has more power if you engineer it properly and it takes up less space also and itsmuch more reliable and it can stand two turbos better i think its a much more free engine also thats means it like less strained then an inline engine

Nildo
06-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Having a V design for the skyline isn't so bad. What worries me is the news than nissan may opt to have two engines, one for Japan (the V6), the other for the international version being a V8. Presumably nissan is trying to get US market to pay attention by adding the much loved (by them!) V8 configuration. Personally, I reckon it is disgusting.

Straight or Vee pales in comparison to this insult. What is the point of the GTR if it isn't an over engineered, easily modified engine, built to produce serious power twin turbo six? If we get a V8, it won't be anywhere near as tunable, and all turbo set ups will be custom or aftermarket jobs. I don't know if it is certain though, so there is still hope.

levin_666
06-29-2003, 02:30 AM
it friggn sucks i like the originals better
reminds me of and maxima i saw.

motorhead
07-04-2003, 01:57 AM
Having a V design for the skyline isn't so bad. What worries me is the news than nissan may opt to have two engines, one for Japan (the V6), the other for the international version being a V8. Presumably nissan is trying to get US market to pay attention by adding the much loved (by them!) V8 configuration. Personally, I reckon it is disgusting.

Straight or Vee pales in comparison to this insult. What is the point of the GTR if it isn't an over engineered, easily modified engine, built to produce serious power twin turbo six? If we get a V8, it won't be anywhere near as tunable, and all turbo set ups will be custom or aftermarket jobs. I don't know if it is certain though, so there is still hope. stupid americans - why can't they just use the bloody v6 - whats their problem - i hope those americans realise something - a jap v6 is as good or maybe even better than their own american v8 but this is nissans work and its up to them - i think the new skyline will be a hit

Nicademus
07-04-2003, 08:09 AM
American and japanese approaches to maximizing power reflect culture. one is not "better" than the other, jsut different.

The Japanese culture goes for a minimalist approach. it believes in only using extreme powere when there is no other choice. which is why they decided to design LIGHTER cars and more efficient engines to achieve high rates of speed. That is also why they embraced turbo instead of supercharging as their preferred form of forced induction....lighter. The lighter the car the less power you need to go fast. And since turbo truly "boosts" power and speed they maximized the strength of their smaller 4 cylinder and V6 engines.

America is all about power, bravado. Having the biggest stick. That's why cars got HUGE. And to make a huge car go fast Americans adopted the big engine philosophy. American engines do have raw power but that power is offest because the car itself is so much heavier than its japanese counterpart. but American cars ARE good. They can go fast. The approach is different. Sometimes going al or power can lead to inefficiency and wasted effort but that's ust the approach Americans take.

Nildo
07-04-2003, 04:23 PM
right nic. still, i reckon americans should bite the bullet and accept the 6. Unlike the rb26 it isn't a small capacity six (3.3-3.6 litres) and has huge potential. One engineer was talking about 330 kw (445 hp), which is more than the V8 is claimed to produce. it just annoys me because the skyline had some history and that is being compromised for the sake of basic appeal in the US.

LowRider
07-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Nice car, ill guess it will look the same but does anyone know what size the alloy wheels on it are because they look mad.:)

stomith
07-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Interesting comments Nicademus. Can't forge beauty with a hammer though eh? :)

Nissan aren't stupid. Its become a very well respected name and they won't miss out on selling it.

How many other cars do you know that are so damn ugly that your better-half thinks you have finally lost the plot. Isn't it hugely satisfying to want a toy car that has no looks whatever. I mean it really is ugly. But then, eye to eye with the devil, what did you expect to see.

I like the new Skyline range and I am sure the new GT-R35 coupe incarnation WILL be stunning.

Remember when everyone else was deciding if the GOLF GTi would get its street cred back or how the BMW 750iL could depreciate so much.... they crept in with all that bonkers technology which no-one understands and said 'there you go - chip that'.

My point being: Nissan did NOTHING for me before the Skyline popped up. Then all of a sudden, I became all religious and started taking Japanese cars seriously. I wish the UK would learn from the Japanese in terms of their insight and willing to look at things in new ways.

Nicademus - Probably politically incorrect but your assumation sounds plausible and sadly true imo. The US car market doesn't seem to innovate and relies on 'big sticks to try to make it go faster'. Strange - I wonder what size engines Boeings would have if someone hadn't invented the Jet Engine. 54466 litre big bore cubic block cc thingy jobba whatsit

:o) that'll upset the natives.

Pssst...come here.....hey....any Ford boys here?? the RS Focus. its pants! pass it on. know what i mean? pale almost translucent legs with blue veins...white skirt...white shoes...ankle chain.....white handbag...bleached hair...know what i mean. pants. sum1 broke the 4x4 and stuffed a potato up the exhaust......215hp......pffft.....pants....u ain't seen me, ok?

Nicademus
07-07-2003, 08:44 PM
political correctness drains the truth out of reality.

A FAT woman is not "big boned". Dinosaurs have big bones, that woman is fat.

LOL.

it IS true and it shouldn't be made or taken offensively.

but i agree with you

skyline_22
12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
the R35 is nice but id rather have the R34

85RX7
12-21-2004, 01:33 AM
damn these pics are old!!! I saved them on my computer about a year ago!!!

Fritz
12-21-2004, 03:50 AM
the Infini G35 has same chassie as the Z, BUT, the Z has a more stiff chassie, it has some stiffening underneeth and in the back that u cant find in the G35. Ref Best MOTORing nr. 6: Front Stabeliser: F34(ø) R21(ø), possiblilty to install Nismo oil cooler kit from shop, has same suspension as V35 Skyline / G35 Infini, the Z's more heavily reinforced, with heavy duty welding, the "Front cross bar" is not on eighter V35 or G35.
same brakes as G34 (Brembo).
the "Rear tunnel Stay bar" M shaped is also a part no found on the V35/G35, same suspension as the V35/G35, but more riggit/sturdy on the Z.
the propeller shaft on the Z is made of carbon fiber, lightweight AND a life saviour during crashes as it's designed to obsorb the energy.
the Z has 4 catalyst, due to it's V6 engine.
the rear of the Z (open the booth) has a BIG strut member that is welded onto the chassie and has a box like structure above the fueltank, that makes the car have a 2 layer monocock frame to imrpove the sturdyness even more.
Z's hood is made out of aluminum. in the enigine compartment u can find a HUGE "Front strut tower bar" that is placed directly over the engine.

the Z is Uber, and i belive the uncomming Skyline GT-R35 is to come, and might even has it's big moment in the movie "fast and the furious 3" witch is to be shot in Japan.

even though the Z's price in europe is set at a WERY low price range (iwe seen it as low as 22000 Euros) it's not likly that iwe ever to get a Z, it's priced here in Norway at 96.123,5 Euro's [791.000 nKr] (calculated on the 21.12.04 exchange rate) -->> Link for confirmation http://portal.nissan.no/wps/portal/!ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_47Q/_s.7_0_A/7_0_47Q

i HATE my goverment...they overprice everything, and not to mention the stupid 24% taxrate here....

shadow
12-22-2004, 07:36 PM
wow. funny aint it? RB26DETT hasn't posted any more. BURNED.

Fritz
12-22-2004, 10:28 PM
extra note on the Z, the Drift king (Kehichi Tsuchiya) [creator of Best MOTORing Drift bible], didnt quite like the Z, since u can't actually turn off the brake system completly, in order to drift, only way to drift a Z is to let up the gas, turn then gas, and the back of the car will slide.
Brake-Drifting is just not possible for the Z since the computer thinks the car is heading off the road, and starts to break, i belive the computer is build around how much force u use on the breaks, so a light break manuver might get it to drift. but if u slam the breaks and car drifts, and as u drop the break, the car will continue breaking until it sences that all 4 tyres have grip

just an extra .....drift note.....

whiteballz
12-22-2004, 10:45 PM
chassis

not chassie

PsychoChimp22
01-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Bah, that car is FUGLY in every sence of the word.....

R34 FOR LIFE!!!!! :D

6'bore
01-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Trying to replace a japanese car icon is one thing, but replacing it with something that awful is criminal

t1g3r14
01-20-2005, 06:24 AM
i dont get it do you actually think this car looks as good as the r34 gtr? i think it looks horendous its a slightly pimped up mondeo wanabee. i think thats why this car has been delayed cos theres been a few sackings at nissan cos of this appauling pile of crap

byronleehk
01-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe after the new car has been released and got super modified to run in the JGTC or JTCC it'll look better...with body kits / wings and all :p

whiteballz
01-20-2005, 02:33 PM
they just dont like the non rice aspect of it.

once they rice them they'll be all

"look at ma fuli sic subwoofa m8"

australians should know this quote.

shadow
01-21-2005, 03:40 AM
amen whiteballz. seems like somebody's had too much exposure in the pascoe vale, coburg, brunswick area

Cadillac Imaj
01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Ahem, they are both artists impressions.

Thats what i thought :D :D :D

KeRmIt
01-24-2005, 06:32 PM
fritz? wtf are you going on about telling us about the 350 and its drifting ability and its all this bullshit chassie ....... WHOOOOOO CARES BROO WHO CARES? LoL we are talkin about a damnn skyline who cares bout d 350 ...

Cadillac Imaj
01-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I think this is how it will be, and it is not a chop, right?

lithuanianmafia
01-24-2005, 08:05 PM
I think this is how it will be, and it is not a chop, right?
that be a computer generation, not the real deal

Cadillac Imaj
01-24-2005, 08:10 PM
sorry, i didnt know!

KnifeEdge_2K1
01-24-2005, 08:35 PM
fritz? wtf are you going on about telling us about the 350 and its drifting ability and its all this bullshit chassie ....... WHOOOOOO CARES BROO WHO CARES? LoL we are talkin about a damnn skyline who cares bout d 350 ...

there's a word for people like you, its dick face

TheOne
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
it should still keep the rb26dett or some other straight six.....iline engine most of the time(not sayin always) have better torque than Vee engines, then the turbos can do the top end:).

my porsche
01-24-2005, 09:45 PM
it looks like a G35 with a differnet front spoiler and a hood bump

KnifeEdge_2K1
01-24-2005, 09:52 PM
it should still keep the rb26dett or some other straight six.....iline engine most of the time(not sayin always) have better torque than Vee engines, then the turbos can do the top end:).

explain to me why an inline would make more torque then a v ? or any other type of engine for that matter

the engine config only affects balance (theoretically neways)

all the pistons are attached to the crankshaft, ignoring all other factors like bore, stroke, length of con rods ect there's no reason why an inline would make more torque then a v

shadow
01-26-2005, 09:46 PM
hmm. knifeEdge, let him have his fantasy. he's one of those people who'd tell you his rx7 came with a v8

Manik
02-07-2005, 03:27 PM
wow that looks really nice, they did a good job

CdocZ
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
wow that looks really nice, they did a good job
the pumped up g35? i dont want to look like im driving a g35. might be a good sleeper, but personally? i dont want to look like im driving a pumped up version of a luxury sedan/coupe.

deffenbaugh03
02-07-2005, 03:44 PM
This whole thread has confused me. What are you guys talking about that the Skyline name is only used on sedans... no its not. I've seen an article in some tuner mag about the new r35 skyline gtr and it looks just like the coupe r35 with a few modifications, most noticeably a big spoiler. but heres an example of a two door skyline r35 http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46931

Blue Supra
02-07-2005, 05:13 PM
i hope they keep the round taillights. theyre like the identity of the car without them its just some other performance car.