PDA

View Full Version : king of the stars: new Mercedes CL 65 AMG

Mäusekino
05-20-2007, 04:47 AM
daimler, who just dismissed chrysler, recently presented the new Mercedes CL 65 AMG, which is powered by a 6.0L bi-turbo V12, having an massive output of 612hp and 1000nm/738ftlbs , just like its predecessor. top speed is limited to 250kmh/155mph :rolleyes: and it'll reach 60mph in just 4.3 seconds.
all that doesn't matter if it would have a duel against its evel brother, the Brabus CL V12 S Turbo, which has a 6.3L spec-up version of the V12, the same as in the Brabus CLS Rocket, offering a more massive 730hp and an even more impressing 1100nm/811ftlbs, beein limited (!) to a vmax of 340kmh/211mph.
me personally, i rather prefer the old cl 65 amg, cause it looks more elegant and understated, although beeing a 10th of a second slower than the new one.;)

jediali
05-20-2007, 05:02 AM
i prefer the styling of the new merc front end. I also think this car will be more dynamic than the last cl, ie more involved handling, plus all that technology!

Ferrer
05-20-2007, 06:12 AM
I prefer V8-engined versions.

hec16
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I think its still being nice but not as the old one

Rockefella
05-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Walked by a new CL Merc yesterday. I like the car a lot, it's presence is paralleled by cars like a Rolls Royce.

digitalcraft
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I think it looks... sick. Mercedes is going in the right direction with their design. I know it was hard for them to give up on the bugeyes, but I think its good they did.

Ferrer
05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Walked by a new CL Merc yesterday. I like the car a lot, it's presence is paralleled by cars like a Rolls Royce.
I like it too for that. Big 2-door mercs definitely have presence. Just like they should.

2ndclasscitizen
05-21-2007, 12:21 AM
The Brabus CL looks just awesome. Serious gangster wheels.

redmansioner
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I have always loved Mercs. There is no other carmaker on the planet that comes close to MB in heritage.

They used to over engineer their cars and you can find them running for decades all over the world.. Africa, Middle east, Asia you name it…a late eighties/early nineties model was the epitome of what a car design should be. BayEmVey (BMW) cannot touch mercedes IMHO.

BMW cars are just for sporty types who dont know what good design should be.Like the designing of mercedes benz mirror and its other quality parts which gives a remarkable impression. They dont even have the heritage of merc and cannot touch that luxury ride. Disagree as you may but all cars aspire to be a Merc. Problem is that they diluted the brand by

1. Making MB exclusive for rich folks.

2. Classic designs replaced by un-merc like themes like ovoid lamps.

3. Not overengineering their cars like they used to. Fortunately, the new c-klasse is aiming to rectify 2 and 3.

If only they fix the #1 as well… forget toyota, you'd be looking at MB as world's numero uno.