PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new SS Commodore Wagon?

holdenluvr
05-22-2003, 08:27 PM
i think it looks pretty good............

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 05:46 AM
alot of people were pissed off they could only get it in red or black. i know a friend of a friend of my mums was looking at buying one in hothouse but couldnt

SHAKER
01-12-2004, 05:57 AM
well atleast theyre making an ss wagons, ford pulled the "xr" series wagons off the market with the AUs. The ss commys look good(ute sedan and wagon), i like the r8 the best tho, not much of a fan of the standard commodores.

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 06:00 AM
ford wouldve more than likely pulled the XR6 wagon because the rear suspension couldnt keep on par with that of the sedan, although the wagon and ute suspension is pretty similar so i think they should go for it again. ive seeon someones version of a BA XR6 wagon though, just a futura with the XR front end, still had the futura's 16" wheels

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 06:02 AM
if they could somehow design the utes and wagons to be coil spring compatible then i think they could once again bring a fairmont and XR wagon out again

chucky
02-27-2004, 03:59 AM
I think it looks like OPEL....
i think it looks pretty good............

fpv_gtho
02-27-2004, 04:22 AM
maybe thats because the car is slightly based off the Opel Omega

chucky
02-27-2004, 04:36 AM
all Holdens since 1978, are ,,slightly,, based on Opels. Ecotec is German.
maybe thats because the car is slightly based off the Opel Omega

fpv_gtho
02-27-2004, 04:38 AM
well the 1978 VB Commodore was based on the Opel Rekord, the next chassis, the VN im not quite sure if and what opel it was based on but ive heard it a million and one times that the VT was based off the Opel Omega. the VE though will differ in that Opel will take from holden, rather than the other way around since GM want the VE platform to be global

chucky
02-27-2004, 04:48 AM
The shape of VE, is sold in Germany now for two years
well the 1978 VB Commodore was based on the Opel Rekord, the next chassis, the VN im not quite sure if and what opel it was based on but ive heard it a million and one times that the VT was based off the Opel Omega. the VE though will differ in that Opel will take from holden, rather than the other way around since GM want the VE platform to be global

fpv_gtho
02-27-2004, 05:18 AM
how am im supposed to believe that when the design for the VE commodore has only just been signed off, Australia will be the first to get the VE chassis in 2006 and the rest of the world will get it 2007.

Falcon500
02-27-2004, 07:49 AM
The shape of VE, is sold in Germany now for two years
Are you sure? the next ?VE is supposed to be the next GM world car and apprently hasent been sold yet...also there will only be the option of RWD other then a possible AWD option...is the kraut car RWD?

fpv_gtho
02-28-2004, 12:51 AM
i think hes talking BS falc so i wouldnt be worried about him. either way when the VE is released we will be the first to get it so we wouldve known already if germans had been driving around in them for 2 years