Max Power (PS @ rpm) = 190 @ 7900
Max torque (Nm @ rpm) (cc) = 178 @ 7300
Maximium speed (mph) = 145
Power bhp = 190

Coventrysucks
06-17-2007, 04:24 PM
What is the comparison?

Silliest name?

I like the way the specification is extended for the FTO to purposefully skew the results, however, I'm not fooled by a full logic cassett player and "manual" air conditioning (wind-down windows?).

The Integra is rated as probably one of the best FWD chassis around, and in this comparison doesn't have side skirts.

OLL.13Z
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Couldnt get enough Info on the TypeR no its got nothing to do with it c0s of the Specs for the FTO...

I wanted to know what ride is better , quicker , More reliable , Better make , bettre price and car for its money! and so on , better ride ? and so on..

Please let me no i wanna know what you guy's think ?

fisetdavid26
06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Could you edit your post to either give the same specifications on both models or simply remove useless specs for the FTO?

06-17-2007, 05:18 PM
a poll would make it easier

and pictures

Slicks
06-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Something not FWD...

clutch-monkey
06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
the FTO has absolutely nothing on the integra
there's a reason the FTO is so cheap these days..

The_Canuck
06-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Integra...

Ferrer
06-17-2007, 11:40 PM
We didn't have either, but I'd prefer 6 cylinders to 4.

h22a
06-18-2007, 12:50 AM
FTO is nowhere compared to an ITR. Mitsu pile

clutch-monkey
06-18-2007, 01:33 AM
We didn't have either, but I'd prefer 6 cylinders to 4.
a 2.0L 6 cylinder vs 1.8L 4 cylinder, both with similar output but the 4 cyl is miles ahead in handling...

Ferrer
06-18-2007, 01:36 AM
a 2.0L 6 cylinder vs 1.8L 4 cylinder, both with similar output but the 4 cyl is miles ahead in handling...
Despite that I prefer the extra refinement of the 6. Or is the FTO absolutely rubbish?

clutch-monkey
06-18-2007, 01:47 AM
it's not refined; it tries to be like the ITR, but fails. it's not a bad car by any means though (won japan COTY in 1997), but as a drivers car not a patch on the teg

pimento
06-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Also, the FTO seems to be primarily driven by wankers. Or is that just my experience?

:D

IBrake4Rainbows
06-18-2007, 05:33 AM
They're primarily driven by chicks from my experience.

where have you been hanging out, Pimento? :D

Cyco
06-18-2007, 05:37 AM
That they are primarily driven by chicks does not rule out them also being primarily driven by wankers :D

pimento
06-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Perth.. I do (mainly) mean the men though. It just seems that the chicks have no taste. And drive like.. women. (Not much offence meant) :D

magracer
06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
The ITR is both faster and better handling. Look for a Best Motoring Video in whihc they test the ITR, the CTR and the FTO, and you'll see. It wasn't for anything that evo selected the ITR as the best hot hatch ever.

You could argue that the FTO is more "exclusive" given that aprox 15.000 were made.

Bob
06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Neither one really interests me. I've never really cared for front wheel drive.

kingofthering
06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
AE86 > these 2. :p :D

'cause

RWD > FWD

VtecMini
06-18-2007, 01:24 PM
ROFL.

"Fog Lamps"

The_Canuck
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
AE86 > these 2. :p :D

'cause

RWD > FWD

But it's a Toyota....

P4g4nite
06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Your features list left me slightly confused. Not knowing whether the Integra has full or only partial logic cassette has it lagging behind on my score sheet.

Mr.Tiv
06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
ROFL.

"Fog Lamps"
It's not even plural, it's "Fog lamp," which, I suppose, is even more pathetic.

Ferrer
06-18-2007, 02:29 PM
But it's a Toyota....
The cars being compared are japanese too, so I don't see the problem...

LotusLocost
06-18-2007, 02:30 PM
It's not even plural, it's "Fog lamp," which, I suppose, is even more pathetic.

Thats needed when the fog in the coupe gets to thick.

OLL.13Z
06-18-2007, 10:13 PM
They're primarily driven by chicks from my experience.

Your Experience do you even know what a chick is ?

fto's driven by chicks oh wait so far i have seen alot more chicks driving the new TYPE R's then what guy's do... Wait does that mean its a chicks car! lol dude get real seriously i havent got any time for ur business...

Thanks for your answer's I own a FTO myself!

now I alwayz seem to hop in front at the end of 3rd gear when up against the Integra Type R any model... Hmm and the new ones have V-tec Controller...and mines stock with only cat-bak exhaust system done.

i mean what do you guy's have to say that i honestly think for those of you that have driven the fto and experienced what its all about well do it before you speak or hear from sumbody else.

1 of the best sports cars Especially the Version R For its year and make and age.

OLL.13Z
06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Neither one really interests me. I've never really cared for front wheel drive.

Hey its Simple if ur aint interested dont post.

I wanted to hear and read up on what you guy's had to sat between both of the cars.

so thanks.

AE86 > Only the 20B AE86 Rotor Interests me otherwise go burn lol lol

IBrake4Rainbows
06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Your Experience do you even know what a chick is ?

fto's driven by chicks oh wait so far i have seen alot more chicks driving the new TYPE R's then what guy's do... Wait does that mean its a chicks car! lol dude get real seriously i havent got any time for ur business...

Thanks for your answer's I own a FTO myself!

now I alwayz seem to hop in front at the end of 3rd gear when up against the Integra Type R any model... Hmm and the new ones have V-tec Controller...and mines stock with only cat-bak exhaust system done.

i mean what do you guy's have to say that i honestly think for those of you that have driven the fto and experienced what its all about well do it before you speak or hear from sumbody else.

1 of the best sports cars Especially the Version R For its year and make and age.

So let me get this right, so i don't get it twisted.

i understand you own an FTO. from my experience, chicks (women, girls, etc) own them.

Congrats on being speedier than an integra type-r when you've tuned it - hows about taking a corner and seeing what that does?

i've read reviews (from new zealand) on the FTO - they told me it was underpowered and a little soft. thats from where i formed my opinion.

Don't get mad at us just because we don't choose your car as our favourite.

OLL.13Z
06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't get mad at us just because we don't choose your car as our favourite.

I aint mad! i personally do not care if u choose my car or not buddy... Does not bother me i know what my car can and cant do... My fto has EXCELLENT handling! i totally believe that in my fto i can outrun a ITR on race track FTO's have awersom handling well buddy i tell you what if u havent personally owned one urself or driven it i honestly wouldnt say much. lol ull be surprised. Drive the GP Version R Like mine. Not just any FTO.

well yeah... everyone has there own opionios.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
if you're asking for personal owners opinion on such a rare car in australia i suggest you look for an owners forum.

otherwise you'll get informed but undriven opinions from car fanatics like myself.

OLL.13Z
06-18-2007, 10:51 PM
if you're asking for personal owners opinion on such a rare car in australia i suggest you look for an owners forum.

otherwise you'll get informed but undriven opinions from car fanatics like myself.

No problem mate. Thanks.

clutch-monkey
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
i totally believe that in my fto i can outrun a ITR on race track FTO's have awersom handling well buddy
no, especially stock for stock

or driven it i honestly wouldnt say much. lol ull be surprised. Drive the GP Version R Like mine. Not just any FTO.
i've driven both, back to back, incidentally
the fact that the FTO is always in the vicinity of $10k cheaper than the ITR makes it a good deal but is also indicative that it is the decidedly inferior car - obviously, it will shit all over your average grocery getter but on a track against the ITR it's not really a contest.
It's by no means a bad car, but the ITR has the edge due to a lot more development and bespoke parts going into it, plus much larger aftermarket support.
As a daily driver with a bit of thrills the FTO is great, especially priced as it is, but in the end the ITR is the better drivers car.
plus you save money on rego hahaha :D

rare :confused: do you mean this model in particular or FTO's in general?

P4g4nite
06-19-2007, 01:45 AM
My fto has EXCELLENT handling! i totally believe that in my fto i can outrun a ITR on race track
This vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQ5DqFGvwA) suggests not.
This race has the Integra battling with an Impreza STi for the win, the FTO is well back with a Civic R.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Around my parts i've seen 1 FTO. it was driven by a girl.

Living in NZ for 2 years i saw tonnes. but the only people i know who owned one were my friends mothers and a friend of the family. also female.\

notice a pattern?

clutch-monkey
06-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Around my parts i've seen 1 FTO. it was driven by a girl.

Living in NZ for 2 years i saw tonnes. but the only people i know who owned one were my friends mothers and a friend of the family. also female.\

notice a pattern?
lol. they're ten a penny these days, especially around predominantly asian suburbs, and the new P plate laws is doing nothing to lower their numbers :D

h22a
06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
ive driven both an the ITR is leagues above the FTO. Its no different to me comparing a WRX with an EVO.