PDA

View Full Version : Best WRC Car

Cotterik
04-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Which World Rally Championship car do you prefer this year?

The Subaru Impreza WRC04?

Citroen Xsara wrc?

Ford Focus WRC04?

Peugeot 307 wrc?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo wrc?

Sweeney921
04-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Subaru Impreza WRC04

Cotterik
04-20-2004, 11:55 AM
( photo of the Evo rally car for those of u who havent yet seen it )

UK CARS
04-20-2004, 11:59 AM
sti, and i carnt stand the look of the 307cc urrrggghhh :(

ZerK
04-20-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't follow the WRC so haven't a clue about how good anything is, but I think the 307 WRC looks pretty cool. The Evo WRC04 looks kinda purposeful as well, but the 307 is more of a looker.

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/307wrc04_03.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/307wrc04_04.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/307wrc04_02.jpg

Coventrysucks
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Said Sven Quandt, Mitsubishi Motorsport President

"If we run this year between fifth and eighth I think we are great."
"We will not finish at the top this year, no way, but we have a three year plan - one year to get reliability, the second year to really compete..."

I don't know what he wants to do in the third year.
Go fishing, probably :)

The Focus has too many wings' n' things, the Subaru has too much association with (fake) Burberry cap wearing boy racers, the Peugeot is a hairdressers car... So that leaves the Citroen I suppose. ;)

Mustang
04-20-2004, 01:57 PM
i think that it would be the Focus but this year it is very close between that ad the impretza :D

whiteballz
04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
well first off, SUBARU! now ive had my fun,

the peugeot is fast, faster then last year, but has been troubled by repeated mechanical failiures, not to mention chronic bad looks.

the ford focus has the speed, and the drivers to win the wrc, it seems they just cant keep up with the speed of the peugeot in the straight bits.

the subaru is a larger car, and by no means slow. the drivers for subaru are truly world class, and i for one cant wait for burns to get back into rallying, (he is out this year due to a brain tumor)

the citroen, is a bit of a sleeper, a great rally package, with the drivers to use every cubic inch of the slightly smaller sedan.

the mitsubishi has only started rallying the evo 8 this year, and can keep up to the pace the other drivers set when time is running short, however the mitsubishi team are on a steeper learning curve then the other older teams,
however all the teams are running new cars. the mitsubishi will be alot faster next season, providing the team keep up with their arduous testing schedual.

thanks for reading my slightly long post! :D

stratos
04-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Go Subaru !! We ( subaru ) have allready one victory ! :cool:

First the peuguot 307cc is ugly but for one car be good it isnt necessarily it looks nice .... the ford is to "Space Ship" :p and the xsarra is cool but not like the Subaru ! :)

DarkPhenix
04-21-2004, 07:57 AM
The Subaru Impreza WRC04!!! :cool:

stratos
04-21-2004, 08:05 AM
The Subaru Impreza WRC04!!! :cool:

Until now looks like Subaru is winning :cool: :D

bk4uyeah
04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I love my fords, i gotta go with the focus

drakkie
04-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Citroen Xsara cos my dad drives the street version

NAZCA C2
04-21-2004, 04:30 PM
I like the the look of the Focus. Whatever happened the Skoda from last year?

whiteballz
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
i think they went down the same tube as hyundai. cash flow problems. its ether that or they getting new car... which i cant see why they would, they just got a new one... :confused: very strange...

btw are u guys aware of the ford focus RS8? its the focus shell, with a 5.0 litre V8!!! insane!!! and im not making this up, its got pics and a short blurb in the pictures section! ( not the forums )

here got stuff on it for all you people out there.

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) used a sport-compact car to display the company's latest addition to an already powerful crate engine line-up – a modified Focus RS converted to rear-wheel drive and V-8 power – with the introduction of the Focus RS8 at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.

Using the European Focus RS as a starting point, FRPP worked its engineering magic to mate its new, all-alloy, 5.0-liter 4-valve 'Cammer' crate engine – cranking out a pavement-pounding 420 naturally aspirated horsepower – into the engine bay of the Focus. Although a handful of aftermarket firms have successfully mated Ford V-8 power with a Focus, the RS8 was built to show the versatility of a 'Cammer' crate engine and 'plug-and-play' engine electronics installation in a pure stock-looking Ford Focus.

The foundation of the 'Cammer' crate engine is rooted in the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6-liter four-valve engine family. However, the crate motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0-liters of piston displacement. And while the motor employs the 2003-04 SVT Mustang Cobra 'Terminator' forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley 'H-Beam' connecting rods for superior strength, the block itself is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

One look at the RS8 would suggest that its transformation from a production front-driver into a rear-drive pocket rocket was a study in simplicity. But in reality, Ford Racing engineers had their work cut out for them from the start. Beyond fitting the drivetrain, there was the challenge of designing new suspensions front and rear. FRPP engineers put together a prototype setup inspired by Kugel Komponents up front, and a rear unit locating a Ford Racing 8.8-inch differential while offering adjustable ride height using Multimatic dampers. The newly-designed rear-wheel drive conversion kit will be sold through the FRPP catalog.

Outside, the RS8 turns heads, thanks to the handsome European Focus RS styling cues and shimmering Blue Pearl Coat exterior paint treatment. Inside, the Focus RS provided the seating while Ford Racing chipped in with its Focus A-Pillar Gauge Pod and a full complement of Ford Racing Gauges. Also installed were a Harmon/Becker Traffic-Pro, a Sirius Satellite Radio system and Infinity amps and speakers – just to make sure the tunes are powerful, too.

Smoke
04-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I would like to see that Lancer do good, but I want the Subaru to do the best.

Rob Mann
12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
i think that the subaru sti wrc is by far the best wrc car, it is just the most balanced rally car, it is good on all surfaces and just getting beter every year.

lukeh
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM
i dont belive that the subaru wrc is the best and its been around for years. the citroen has only been in the wrc for a few years and has already won the wrc drivers and manfactures so the citroen is the best all round team.

Rob Mann
12-06-2004, 11:01 PM
if citroen are so good then why are they pulling out of the WRC after next year. and the reason the subaru sti wrc has beem around for so long is that it is just so good.

lukeh
12-07-2004, 02:27 AM
exscuse me robert isnt a mann (he's really a women). citroen is pulling out of the wrc because there too good.

Rob Mann
12-07-2004, 03:20 AM
this forum is for people who want to talk about cars and who share a common intrest not for being spiteful and mean.

BTW, subaru sti 2005 will decimate all.

fpv_gtho
12-07-2004, 04:26 AM
would you 2 get a room already

Matra et Alpine
12-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Citroen AND Peugeot are pulling out because the parent company PSA has not been posting great financials and they don't see that they'll gain any more sales by continuing. They've made their mark - TWICE :)
The Skoda has already beaten Scooby times on shakedowns !
It's going to be hard to call 2005 season, but hopefully we get a few more competitive teams. If it's only Subaru and Skoda with factory support it'll be boring :(

fpv_gtho
12-07-2004, 06:53 AM
what happened with Fords 4 year deal?

Matra et Alpine
12-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Yeh, forgot Wilson and M-Sport got that deal :)
Coudl be Fords season !!!!!!

fpv_gtho
12-07-2004, 07:34 AM
i thought it couldve been their season this year with their new-found speed and what seemed as a very formidable driver combo, but alas Citroen was too strong :p

Matra et Alpine
12-07-2004, 07:49 AM
would you 2 get a room already
yeah hanging off the same ISP.
Do you 2 know each other or have history outside UCP ?
Also you're both 15 so it's time to grow up !!!!!!!!!

fpv_gtho
12-07-2004, 07:52 AM
both have avatar's to do with BMW so you have to wonder what the go is....

but it wouldnt be the first time ive come across someone arguing with themselves :p

VtecMini
12-07-2004, 08:48 AM
BTW, subaru sti 2005 will decimate all.

Decimate? Don't actually know what that means then, I take it.

Decimate effectively means reduce by one tenth.

The word refers to when the Romans would punish mutineer legions by killing every tenth man and is derived from the latin word for tenth, which is decimus, I believe.

Not really an uncommon mistake, but one of my bugbears...

/rant

Matra et Alpine
12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Is VtecMini my long lost son ?????
:eek: :)

Mustang
12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Matra, Citroen are trying to persuade the PSA to let them stay in the WRC after 05.

they say that they are going tontry and get 100% reliability (which after this season looks quite possible after 1 retirement from running out of fuel and 1 from dust)

and also to win the manufactureres and drivers title.

they hope that if they manage this then the PSA will let them stay :D

GO FORD !!!! they could stand a chance of winneng next year :)

Matra et Alpine
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
WOudl it be the new C4 do you think ?
Be nice if they stayed , but I'll bet Wilson's sh!ttin himself :)

Mustang
12-07-2004, 10:05 AM
WOudl it be the new C4 do you think ?
Be nice if they stayed , but I'll bet Wilson's sh!ttin himself :)

If they stayed in 06 it would be the C4, Next year its gonna be the Xsara and the C4 i think

wilson will be slightly nervous i think ;)

VtecMini
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Firstly, yep. I am indeed that long lost son. I tried my best to keep it to myself during my stay at UCP, but clearly I've slipped up...

...So the invoice for 19 years maintenance money is on it's way to the postbox as we speak. We'll call it a nice even £20,000 GBP shall we? :D

Secondly, I'd love to see the C4 go rallying. I reckon it's the best car Citreon have made for some years and exactly what they need. I reckon it's a great looking car, with all the clever touches we have come accustomed to hoping for in a new Citreon. All it needs is a little sporting credability for a dusting of sugar on the top.

Thirdly... Wilson? Wilson? Who the f**K is Wilson?

Mustang
12-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Thirdly... Wilson? Wilson? Who the f**K is Wilson?

the ford team manager :)

but i actually agree he will be shitting himself now because of his driver line up, he could of won with marko and duval, but not with who he has now :(

netburner
12-07-2004, 10:42 AM
I prefer the Ford Focus and the Subaru :)

narb
12-07-2004, 11:24 AM
for me is the fod focus wrc
i love this car :D

Rob Mann
12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
subaru is by far the most balanced overall car.

lukeh
12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
the ford is the most technical advanced car and they have done alot of work to imporve the weight desterbution and the aerodynamic. It's bad to see marko leave he probably had a good chance of the title next year if he stayed

Rob Mann
12-07-2004, 05:29 PM
i think that the subaru would rival the focus in technology, especially with their new diff technology and they also are been partners with pirelli who are always on the cutting edge of tyre technology. also with petter sohlberg as their lead driver they are practally unstoppable.

Rockefella
12-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Leave it to you two to unbury the oldest threads...

Rob Mann
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Q. who could ignore a thread about rally.
A. nobody.

fpv_gtho
12-09-2004, 07:57 AM
i think you got the Q and A the wrong way around there buddy

Rob Mann
12-10-2004, 02:53 AM
have a closer look buddy.

fpv_gtho
12-10-2004, 03:03 AM
why didnt you just keep it at "who could ignore a thread about rally"

at least then it'd make more sense, now it seems like youve answered your own rhetorical question

Rob Mann
12-10-2004, 04:06 AM
you got a problem or something buddy.

P.S try and get those rocks outa your head.

fpv_gtho
12-10-2004, 04:12 AM
geez do you always take everything so seriously?

Rob Mann
12-10-2004, 04:15 AM
i'm just playing with ya mate, no harm intended.

Matra et Alpine
12-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Rob, I gave you a thread for you to "play in" please keep it in their !!!

Falcon500
12-10-2004, 06:18 AM
How strange both the BMW fantics have changeing ip numbers yet are both the same everytime :rolleyes:

Cotterik
12-10-2004, 11:55 AM
How strange both the BMW fantics have changeing ip numbers yet are both the same everytime :rolleyes:

there is only one realistic answer to this...we have ourselves some siamese twins! Thats gotta be a first for UCP..thats for sure!

Cotterik
12-10-2004, 12:00 PM
subaru is by far the most balanced overall car.

when you state an opinion, its best to include some evidence to back it up. If you actually watched the wrc, you would realise that the subaru is not the most balanced car. The most balanced car is the Citroen (near perfect reliablility,great engine shared with the peugeot etc). This year was a bad one for the subaru rally team, they came across numerous problems that they will soon want to forget. Such as the watersplashes which the impreza couldnt cope with, resulting in the front bumper and bonnet being mashed up because it scooped up the water instead of cutting through it :)

If you weren't a BMW Williams fan, I would continue highlighting your stupidity. But I wont :)

Rob Mann
12-11-2004, 05:27 PM
hey buddy i'd watch my mouth if i were you. and i have seen every rally this year and just becouse someone states their opinion does not me you can call them stupid for stating that opinion.

Matra et Alpine
12-11-2004, 05:55 PM
hey buddy i'd watch my mouth if i were you. and i have seen every rally this year and just becouse someone states their opinion does not me you can call them stupid for stating that opinion.
well put up reasons and it'll get considered.
So far it just loks like typical fanboy stuff.

Show WHY you have the opinon and you'll fit in faster/better at UCP

Falcon500
12-11-2004, 08:00 PM
And your point is? ive seen every frigging rally this year...you want a cookie or something....And you where the one wingeing about being harassed and now your the one harassing....and lets not forget you where playing some really stupid games haveing 2 sign in names....

A few tips 1 Learn to frigging spell!
2 the subaru did have an ordinary season....or where those DNFs just coincidences :rolleyes: im with matra we want some facts.

Rob Mann
12-11-2004, 10:29 PM
by the way i don't have two sign in names lukehow is my friend and we go to the same school. so don't go making false accusations.

the reason i think subaru have the most balanced car is that their car does not lean towards gravel or tarmac, it is consistently good on all surfaces. my saying balanced had nothing to do with reliability.

Falcon500
12-12-2004, 01:56 AM
by the way i don't have two sign in names lukehow is my friend and we go to the same school. so don't go making false accusations.

the reason i think subaru have the most balanced car is that their car does not lean towards gravel or tarmac, it is consistently good on all surfaces. my saying balanced had nothing to do with reliability.
So your reported post about harassment was about a freind who you could of talked to rather then bitching to us then :rolleyes: kid its allstill very stacked against you...either your trying to be a pain or you really are a dog of a friend.

And good on all surfaces...well it didnt cope with water splashes too well as already mentioned...Personally i thought the car did have its strengths but there would of been a big learning kerb this year just to sort out its faults.

fpv_gtho
12-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Would the part it didnt tend to lean towards gravel, tarmac etc. be more of a good thing or a bad thing though.....IMO it'd be more of a bad thing as the car wouldnt really have a "specialty" that it can use to dominate certain rounds