PDA

View Full Version : Official save Misho thread

crisis
04-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Misho has expressed his dissapointment at not having his Misho Theory accepted as the basis for rep points. I appreciate the work he has put into it and understand his dissapointment at not having everyone embrace it with the same enthusiasm that he has. I personally dont feel that the rep points are the raison d être of this site even if I do think they add a little(?) interest. Therefore I do not understand his rather drastic reaction of leaving the site. He has shown in all posts to be a reasonable and moderate person, not to mention one I have long enjoyed trading opinions with. That we have discussed subjects as inflammatory as religion and politics with calm understanding and good humour leaves me further bewildered by his reaction to the rep point discussion. Nevertheless I do not want a contributor of his distinction to leave and I emplore all members who agree with me to join in urging him to stay with us.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I can understand Misho not being happy with the lack of enthusiasm for his hard work, but inreality i never liked the Rep system, most forums who have it say it kills the forums (Look at SC.Net for an example of that). Misho, please understand we do want you around, but why implement a system that is more complex than the one we have, but still does the same kind of job?

Surely he can see reason, it'd be a shame to lose him.

whiteballz
04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
misho's reaction was a bit harsh, i liked his theory's about every item on his list :D :cool: it will be a great loss to this site, given the chance and the knowledge to support the theroy i would, however i didnt know where or what to do in this situation , i belive misho was a great person and hopefuly he will return, perhaps with another theroy! :cool: :(

NoOne
04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
I whole heartedly agree, Misho is a great member on these forums. I have not agreed with him on several points in different topics but we have mutual respect for each others opinion.

I'm sure I can speak for many people when I say these are the best forums I have ever been a member of, a big part of that is the quality and enthusiasm of most members, Misho is definitely part of this group.

I truly believe that many people are bettered by knowing Misho and others in these forums even if we never meet face to face over a few beers. ;)

crisis
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I truly believe that many people are bettered by knowing Misho and others in these forums even if we never meet face to face over a few beers. ;)
Quite salient. I personally do feel as I have broadened my knowledge and in some ways become a better person through my contact with such a diverse range of people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds (apologies for sounding soppy). I will always regret not meeting with some of you guys over a beer.

Niko_Fx
04-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Misho don't leave man, your theory is awesome, but nobody wants to accept it because I would have the best ratio ;) (JK ppl JK)

Stay with us, you won't find a better forum and with better members :)

fpv_gtho
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
hey misho, dont leave, your one of the key members on UCP. im sure if we all had to choose who the next mod was going to be you'd be on alot of peoples lists. i honestly dont know how much work's gone into your misho ratio but it must have been alot if your taking it this seriously. i liked the idea to be honest, but as people pointed out it still had flaws and i dont think its that people hate your ratio, just that they feel that the rep system is already too annoying etc. please reconsider

Matra et Alpine
04-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Rumours of Mish's departure have been exagerated :)

PM from him, but he's obviously making us pine for him more by his silence.

Misho
04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Dear Everyone,

There seems to have been a slight misunderstanding (blame Crisis :) ) about my departure "theory" !! I was being sarcastic when I posted my intent to leave after the fierce attack my "Misho Theory" received !! Seems that by forgetting this small face :rolleyes: , I caused a huge difference in the meaning of the post !!

I will never attempt something like that. You guys can seriously think of UCP without me ?!! :) Only death (and maybe Wouter) can make me leave this place. Attacking my theory or any post I make, is the exact type of thing we are all here for, discussion! It would be extremely foolish of anyone to leave UCP just coz something he said got bad reaction. It has been done before, and in all cases it was by stupid people (usually kids) who cannot be taken seriously. So please, give ur opinion freely on anything you read here at these forums.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express the endless amounts of gratitude and respect that I have for all of you. This slight misunderstanding did have some benefits. The amount and quality of posts, PMs and even rep points I got to encourage me and stay here has really touched me. You people are great and I really doubt that there could be a place better than UCP. It is the great users that make this forum special. Over the time I have grown to know most of you and truly consider you as friends, even though we never met and might never do. Once again I would like to thank all of you, as I cannot find words strong and deep enough to express my feelings. It is a pleasure knowing you, and thats something that I will cherish forever.

So no silly, I am not going anywhere!! At least not till I get 1000 posts so that my rep rating would be worth 2 points. The first 2 points would be negatively given to Crisis for failing to see the humor and cause this whole misunderstanding. Oh wait, in negative ratings you can only give -1 no matter how many posts you have !! Another reason why the Misho Theory is better !! :D

-Mohammed

crisis
04-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Dear Everyone,

There seems to have been a slight misunderstanding (blame Crisis :) ) about my departure "theory" !! I was being sarcastic when I posted my intent to leave after the fierce attack my "Misho Theory" received !! Seems that by forgetting this small face :rolleyes: , I caused a huge difference in the meaning of the post !!

I will never attempt something like that. You guys can seriously think of UCP without me ?!! :) Only death (and maybe Wouter) can make me leave this place. Attacking my theory or any post I make, is the exact type of thing we are all here for, discussion! It would be extremely foolish of anyone to leave UCP just coz something he said got bad reaction. It has been done before, and in all cases it was by stupid people (usually kids) who cannot be taken seriously. So please, give ur opinion freely on anything you read here at these forums.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express the endless amounts of gratitude and respect that I have for all of you. This slight misunderstanding did have some benefits. The amount and quality of posts, PMs and even rep points I got to encourage me and stay here has really touched me. You people are great and I really doubt that there could be a place better than UCP. It is the great users that make this forum special. Over the time I have grown to know most of you and truly consider you as friends, even though we never met and might never do. Once again I would like to thank all of you, as I cannot find words strong and deep enough to express my feelings. It is a pleasure knowing you, and thats something that I will cherish forever.

So no silly, I am not going anywhere!! At least not till I get 1000 posts so that my rep rating would be worth 2 points. The first 2 points would be negatively given to Crisis for failing to see the humor and cause this whole misunderstanding. Oh wait, in negative ratings you can only give -1 no matter how many posts you have !! Another reason why the Misho Theory is better !! :D

-Mohammed
You prick.

Misho
04-21-2004, 06:31 PM
You prick.

lmao !! :D

its not my fault u didnt see the sarcasim !! I thought u would have known me better than that !!

NoOne
04-22-2004, 05:35 AM
I haveto agree with Misho ... it is Crisis' fault , he is notorious for not using smilies !! ;)

fpv_gtho
04-22-2004, 05:38 AM
well........it seems no ones putting it all on misho for coming up with the misho ratio in the first place, but still, even if there was the slightest doubt of leaving UCP in Misho's mind, im sure after crisis made this thread its long gone

Homem de Gelo
04-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Save the whales.

Misho
04-22-2004, 10:29 AM
even if there was the slightest doubt of leaving UCP in Misho's mind, im sure after crisis made this thread its long gone

i assure u that i never thought of leaving this place. i have been here for a long while now and plan to keep my place here forever !!

Thanks for your concern !! :)

crisis
04-22-2004, 05:27 PM
I haveto agree with Misho ... it is Crisis' fault , he is notorious for not using smilies !! ;)
I dont need to. Nobody could possibly still take me seriously.

Spastik_Roach
04-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Save the Snails!

Falcon500
04-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Wellits a bit late really the novel values is worn offand everyone said their farewell...i still will add my 2 cents that misho would ofbeen missed and he mostcertianly is a valueble member and one who answers my ingorent queastions on religion and other such subjects.....
As for your rateing system...im not big on it....the reason is because i didnt have an easy time understanding it....after reading it several times and takeing it slowly i have a rough idea and while it does seem like a good system ill treat you to one of my faveorite saying "EASY's good" rather simple i know but it says alot imo :) not takeing away anything from your theroy its a very good one but i dont mind things being simple....