PDA

View Full Version : New BMW M5 vs The Lamborghini Gallardo

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Now everyone has probably seen the pics and stats of both of these amazing cars, and i have to tell you there both amazing. The Lamborghini is very expensive at 150,000 which is a little much if you ask me i would pay 130,000 at the most. Then we have the new M5 which is by far one of the sickest looking cars of this year. Which car would you have?

Lamborghini Gallardo
Type: V10
500 bhp @ 7800 rpm
0-60 mph: 4.0 sec
Top Speed: 192 mph

BMW Concept M5
Type:V10
Horsepower: 500 bhp @ ---- rpm
0-125 mph : 13 secs
Top Speed: ---

Misho
04-21-2004, 03:16 PM
I think were comparing apples to oranges here. Seems a bit unfair for the BMW if u ask me.
Sure the M5 is a "sports" sedan and the Lambo is a "sports" coupe, but that isnt enough to make them comparable. After all, I am a "sports" fan can u compare me to any of them ?!! :)
Another thing is the big price difference, about $80k to $150k. thats almost double the price.

You cant compare these 2 cars together. If ur just asking "which car would u have" without attempting to compare them, then i would pick the lambo.

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I think were comparing apples to oranges here. Seems a bit unfair for the BMW if u ask me.
Sure the M5 is a "sports" sedan and the Lambo is a "sports" coupe, but that isnt enough to make them comparable. After all, I am a "sports" fan can u compare me to any of them ?!! :)
Another thing is the big price difference, about $80k to $150k. thats almost double the price.

You cant compare these 2 cars together.

Yes actually you can, you obviously dont know alot about the new M5 it has a f***ing V10 and half the car is based on formula one technology. You should research a little more. O yeah and the new M5 doesn't even have a price yet its still a concept.

Coventrysucks
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes actually you can, you obviously dont know alot about the new M5 it has a f***ing V10 and half the car is based on formula one technology. You should research a little more. O yeah and the new M5 doesn't even have a price yet its still a concept.

Theres no need to be rude. :rolleyes:
From the number of posts/ rep that Misho has you should be able to deduce that he probably does know what he is talking about. ;)

It would have been better for everyone if you had argued why you think that the M5 and the Gallardo can be compared rather than being insulting. :)

Secondly;
No you can't compare the M5 and the Gallardo on a completely level playing field.
So what if it has a V10, carbon composite brakes and a seven speed gear box, it doesn't change the fact that one is a mid engined sports/ supercar, and one is a high performance 4 door sedan.

They are developed in completely different ways to do different things.

The Lamborghini is designed to be a relatively practical and 'easy' to drive supercar, with focus on performance, with a few consessions to practicality and comfort.

The M5 is designed as a fast saloon, it is designed to carry 4 people (you can tell by the extra doors and seats), very fast. It has more of a compromise towards luxury, comfort, and practicality (it has a boot you can fit things into).

F1 technology does not an F1 car make... ;) :)

hangdog98
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
The BMW is UGLY. The art form is fitting all that driving tech inside a shape that looks beautiful and performs as well. This is where the BMW fails.

Using F1 technology is a bit like like "Superglue, as used by the Astronauts" or that ironing board cover developed by NASA (coated with PTFE).

deffenbaugh03
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
I think the BMW is beautiful and I dont like where Lamborghini is going with the Murcielago and Gallardo. I prefer the pure italian beasts the Diablo and Countach alot more

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Theres no need to be rude. :rolleyes:
From the number of posts/ rep that Misho has you should be able to deduce that he probably does know what he is talking about. ;)

It would have been better for everyone if you had argued why you think that the M5 and the Gallardo can be compared rather than being insulting. :)

Secondly;
No you can't compare the M5 and the Gallardo on a completely level playing field.
So what if it has a V10, carbon composite brakes and a seven speed gear box, it doesn't change the fact that one is a mid engined sports/ supercar, and one is a high performance 4 door sedan.

They are developed in completely different ways to do different things.

The Lamborghini is designed to be a relatively practical and 'easy' to drive supercar, with focus on performance, with a few consessions to practicality and comfort.

The M5 is designed as a fast saloon, it is designed to carry 4 people (you can tell by the extra doors and seats), very fast. It has more of a compromise towards luxury, comfort, and practicality (it has a boot you can fit things into).

F1 technology does not an F1 car make... ;) :)

Ok, well i didn't mean to be rude, but ive been in both cars (not the new M5) and i think that based on the stats and how amazing a car the M5 is and yes i know its big for comparing it to the Lambo but still in a race it would stand a chance which is why i compared the two, plus this is a new model from BMW. O yeah and if you didn't know the old M5 can be tuned to stand a VERY GOOD chance against 575 Maranello. So it doesnt matter if the car has 4 doors and a Trunk.

Niko_Fx
04-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok, well i didn't mean to be rude, but ive been in both cars (not the new M5) and i think that based on the stats and how amazing a car the M5 is and yes i know its big for comparing it to the Lambo but still in a race it would stand a chance which is why i compared the two, plus this is a new model from BMW, and if you didn't know can be tuned to stand a VERY GOOD chance against 575 Maranello. So it doesnt matter if the car has 4 doors and a Trunk.

You posted the pic of a Hamman M3.

About this thread: Those 2 cars can't really be compared IMO. Much different from one another. I did cast my vote....for the Lambo.

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Sry i have alot of Hamann pics.

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 06:32 PM
About this thread: Those 2 cars can't really be compared IMO. Much different from one another. I did cast my vote....for the Lambo.

Well i think BMW did a pretty good job. It also suprises me that you would rather have a lambo (made by audi) which looks horrible on the inside, i think lambo could have done a nicer job for 150 grand. The M5 i think is a better car to have because you can carry all your friends in it, most people think its just another Beamer cuz it doesn't look like anything special unless you know what M with three stripes means. For a cheaper price, more room, and plenty of speed........im sorry but im going with BMW.

Niko_Fx
04-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Well i think BMW did a pretty good job.

No one is arguing that ;)

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
So you would rather have the Lamborghini is that what your saying?

carlover
04-21-2004, 06:59 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that BMW is one ugly hunk of junk. It's styling is horrible. The gallardo is a much more beautiful... I also think it's faster (not sure). So my pick goes to the lambo... :cool: And with a lambo I bet you get more chicks. :D

ezekielrage123
04-21-2004, 07:04 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that BMW is one ugly hunk of junk. It's styling is horrible. The gallardo is a much more beautiful... I also think it's faster (not sure). So my pick goes to the lambo... :cool: And with a lambo I bet you get more chicks. :D

Try Counting the seats again lol :D

Niko_Fx
04-21-2004, 08:33 PM
The M5 i think is a better car to have because you can carry all your friends in it, most people think its just another Beamer cuz it doesn't look like anything special unless you know what M with three stripes means. For a cheaper price, more room, and plenty of speed........im sorry but im going with BMW.

THAT IS WHY these 2 cars CANNOT be compared. Seats, price, sedan/sports etc etc....

I'm 19 I don't care, all my friends got cars. If my girlfriend fits in the co-pilot seat then great I don't need anything else.

The M5 is a great car, but if these 2 are my choices I'll take the Gallardo.
Why? because IMO looks better, probably better handling and accel, and I betcha that it turns a lot more heads.

It all depends on what you need the car for.

It also suprises me that you would rather have a lambo (made by audi)

Surprise that somebody wants a Lamborghini over a BMW ??????????????

And what's wrong with Audi?

Spastik_Roach
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't say the new BMW is beautiful like an Alfa, but rather has an aggressive and a don't-mess-with-me look of a HSV or an old muscle car. I think it looks great. But the Gallardo is beautiful and fast AND aggressive looking! Its a tough decision, but my vote goes to the Beemer.

Suka
04-21-2004, 11:41 PM
I love the Gallardo! It just looks so.....Fast. :rolleyes:

haloxer
04-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Lamborghini is the best car of the world. But Murcielago is better than Gallardo. Bmw m5 hasn't enough sportive line but it has a very good engine, what a pity!!!

hangdog98
04-22-2004, 07:48 AM
The Sydney Lamborghini sales manager called me recently about a test drive in the new Gallardo (pronounced GAY-ardo). I met him at the Sydney Motor Show last October and he followed me up with a call for this test drive. I didn't go because I wanted to spend AUD$150,000 less and buy that Porsche GT3 I had my eye on.

So... even though I would take the Lambo over the Beemer, I can't even be bothered driving either after driving a Porsche GT3. And no, I didn't get the GT3 as my wife got pregnant that same week and wanted a new house that cost more than three Gallardos. Yes I know, I'm screwed. I also found out that school fees will top $330K for the new arrival. I could have bought a V10 Carrera GT for all this money.

Ferrari Tifosi
04-23-2004, 07:28 PM

Woah the share the fact that they both have V10's. I guess that means we can compare a BMW 8 series an a Enzo, since they both have V12's. However, I was to chose the one I like better it would be the BMW by far. Besides the Muira, I don't like Lamborghini at all.

Nash
04-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Maybe he's trying to say "which one would you take, if given the chance?" No need to agrue, he's not comparing the two on a race track.

I'd easily take the M5, but I'll have my cake and eat it too.

ezekielrage123
04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Maybe he's trying to say "which one would you take, if given the chance?" No need to agrue, he's not comparing the two on a race track.

I'd easily take the M5, but I'll have my cake and eat it too.

HE UNDERSTANDS!!!

Sismanidis
05-24-2004, 07:36 AM
If I would like to vote BMW I wish that someone would cut off my hands!!!!!
I can't believe it !!!!!!! Ooooh my lord please forgive them. M5 besides the V10 to late for them (Porsche and audi are the two first producers-Carrera GT,Gallardo,Nuvolari,Le mans)is only a family car for grandfathers to carry the children to school with 250km/h.
I don't want to see another vote for BMW again. PLease mercy...

Suka
05-24-2004, 08:49 AM
I think this thread was dead?

Coventrysucks
05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
It was dead, but then it saw "Dawn of the Dead" and started getting ideas ;)

mawi427
06-03-2004, 02:42 PM
always have been a BMW fan and im not gonna go over to audi/VW owned lambo now

Suka
06-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Surely the thread died quite some time ago.

KOT
06-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Id say that the M5 is better. for the reason bein it's cheaper, sick lookin, reliable, and has pretty good specs. Ive driven the M5's couple of times. Its like the best way to pick up chicks :) especially in places like LA.
The Lambargini on the other hand, would prolly work better, if it wasnt for the price. I think that Lambarginis are just more fancy, and in some cases it would be better, than the M5, but the price... nah, Id take the M5

R34 Skyline
06-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Both cars are great, but, I'm sorry, you can't compare a Lamborghini to a BMW. Not that the BMW is bad, it's just that a Lamborghini is a Lamborghini, and a BMW is a BMW. :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
omfg please tell me this aint the same r34 skyline as the one from b4 ...

Daygrow
06-05-2004, 11:52 AM
A more fair comparison would be the newer M3 CSL to the Gallardo, even though the price difference is still £53,000. If you look at Nurburgring lap times, the CSL is just as fast as the Murcielago(7m 50secs) and even faster than the Gallardo. It is faster than the Porsche GT3 as well. The CSL is evidently meant to be sporty, whilst the M5 is meant to be a sporty and comfort, yet stunningly fast saloon car that doesn't aim for the best track performance or drag races.

-the Daygrow

KOT
06-05-2004, 02:55 PM
wtf? what wrong with comparing a BMW and a Lambo? BMW's are kinda even better in a way, it's just not considered to be as good. Lambos are just a show off, and a Beemer is a nice, sick lookin, pimp, and a pretty practical car.
And ofcourse there is always a difference in the price.