PDA

View Full Version : Video: Mansell talking about Hamilton

faksta
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't know if you have already seen this vid. I just found a link on a page which we were referred to in a thread concerning Kubica crash - 3D-modelled variant.
So, in this vid Mansell compares Hamilton to Senna and Schumacher.
Just look yourself:

Mansell talking about Hamilton (http://www.sportasylum.com/page/FormulaBio/0,,10301~1029896,00.html?gclid=CJO1hL7ok40CFQNQEgo dWSJKFw)

NSXType-R
07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Just to let you know, we have a video thread.

http://ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24479&highlight=Video+Thread

Cotterik
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
he talks of hamilton not being as 'special' as schumacher when he first started but winning your first race is more than special. nobody had heard of hamilton before this year so regardless of how he got here, he has even more promise than schumacher did when he first started.

cmcpokey
07-06-2007, 05:35 PM
he talks of hamilton not being as 'special' as schumacher when he first started but winning your first race is more than special. nobody had heard of hamilton before this year so regardless of how he got here, he has even more promise than schumacher did when he first started.

i completely disagree... we had heard of hamilton for the last few years, especially with his championship in F3. even me here in the states knew his name.

but aside from that, i am now a fan. with the departure of schumacher, whom i was a fan of for almost 10 years, he is a new hope for excitement in the sport. i wish he wasnt driving for mclaren, since i am firmly againt that team, but i will pull for him just to beat alonso.

i really shouldnt write while im drunk. im not even sure this post was relevant.

Cotterik
07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
i completely disagree... we had heard of hamilton for the last few years, especially with his championship in F3. even me here in the states knew his name.

but aside from that, i am now a fan. with the departure of schumacher, whom i was a fan of for almost 10 years, he is a new hope for excitement in the sport. i wish he wasnt driving for mclaren, since i am firmly againt that team, but i will pull for him just to beat alonso.

i really shouldnt write while im drunk. im not even sure this post was relevant.

the same went for schumacher. In his first Formula 3 season in 1989, Michael Schumacher won the first two races, and was in the spotlight from then on until he got a seat at jordan F1 in 1991.

The fact that mansell is saying that schumachers entry into f1 was more exciting than hamilton's is what i disagree with, when in fact you share the same opinion as me so you dont disagree with me atall.

cmcpokey
07-06-2007, 05:53 PM
the same went for schumacher. In his first Formula 3 season in 1989, Michael Schumacher won the first two races, and was in the spotlight from then on until he got a seat at jordan F1 in 1991.

The fact that mansell is saying that schumachers entry into f1 was more exciting than hamilton's is what i disagree with, when in fact you share the same opinion as me so you dont disagree with me atall.

well, since i really wasn't aware of schumacher until he was racing at benneton, hamilton's arrival was much more anticipated by me. but then again, when i was 9 i wasnt paying too much attention to F1.

i also didnt watch the clip since im am on my wife's laptop and we are watching the Colbert Report.

so at any rate, i am still drunk and i dont think i really am fully engaged in this discussion, but i'll try anyway.

btw... post 2000 for me... im awesome.

faksta
07-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Just to let you know, we have a video thread.

http://ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24479&highlight=Video+Thread

Ok, didn't find one. Just saw Kubica's crash thread and decided to post here too.

henk4
07-07-2007, 04:17 AM
I never thought that I would ever agree with Mansell, but yes, Schumachers entry in F1 was rather spectacular, qualifying a mediocre Jordan sixth on the grid in Spa.

NSXType-R
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Ok, didn't find one. Just saw Kubica's crash thread and decided to post here too.

No problem, just for future reference. :)