PDA

View Full Version : Tiguan Chop

BIGWORM_25
07-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I Posted the pictures...see later posts.

Coventrysucks
07-12-2007, 08:37 AM
And YES...I know about the attachment system...I try to do these at 800X600 if it isnt delete it at your desire.

How do you mean you "try"?

You aren't trying very hard, obviously.

Why is spending 30 seconds attaching the images so difficult?

Why, if that is too much of a problem for you, can't you just put a link to the images, rather than breaking the rules by posting images that are too big?

We didn't go out of our way to make your lives difficult with the 800pixel limit rule - it is there out of practical necessity. Why does nobody respect and observe the rather simple request?

BIGWORM_25
07-12-2007, 08:46 AM
How do you mean you "try"?

You aren't trying very hard, obviously.

Why is spending 30 seconds attaching the images so difficult?

Why, if that is too much of a problem for you, can't you just put a link to the images, rather than breaking the rules by posting images that are too big?

We didn't go out of our way to make your lives difficult with the 800pixel limit rule - it is there out of practical necessity. Why does nobody respect and observe the rather simple request?

Thanks for your kind words.

Coventrysucks
07-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Here is the rule in all its complexity:

1. - Is image I am about to include in my post bigger than 800 pixels?

Yes - Don't post in-line. Attach, or link.
No - Carry on.

I don't care if you can't get photobucket to work.
I don't care if people have to expend effort to see your work.
I don't care if you like posting here or not.

None of that is my problem. My problem is wasting my time editing posts because you'd rather break the guidelines than put any effort at all into attaching images properly.

The rule isn't put their to ruin your day - it is there for a reason, please respect that.

cmcpokey
07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
another reason we attach is that hosting sites, especially photobucket arent always allowed in corporate computer systems. i can not see any photobucket pictures when i am on the site from work, as i am right now. likewise, they will be lost once photobucket decides not to host them any more, and this thread becomes useless.

Wouter Melissen
07-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I figured this would be the very first response.It always is...rather than critique a persons work people would rather complain about the size of the pictures.I CANNOT make photobucket post the pics at the correct size.ALL I can do is set my limits to 800X600 and hope (i.e. TRY) that it works out that way.Besides the fact that I said DELETE AT YOUR DESIRE.Thank you for attaching them...I hate that type of posting because it requires a person to double click on the image.This is EXACTLY why I dont like posting on here.You get hammered for a website not doing what you ask it to do instead of someone looking at what you posted.Anyway...thank you for attaching the pictures...and to the rest...thank you for looking at the pictures.

You do know that he has not attached the images? Attaching means uploading the images to the server, which will create clickable thumbnails. These will never be deleted. Your thread would for example look kinda silly in a months time when photobucket will have decided to change links or remove images.

cmcpokey
07-12-2007, 09:20 AM
well said wouter

Wouter Melissen
07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
well said wouter

You are too kind.

BIGWORM_25
07-13-2007, 06:33 AM
well said wouter

Ditto.

suzq044
07-13-2007, 06:45 AM
may as well lock this thread now eh?

Blitz_
07-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Nice chop.

BIGWORM_25
07-13-2007, 07:27 AM
may as well lock this thread now eh?

Yes please do....I wish that I hadnt offended the Gods of this site by posting an image that I thought would be within size constraints.I realize that its all my fault if a photo hosting site wont post what I tell it to do.I also realize that it is more important to most on here that an image show up on their tiny monitors without them having to scroll to view than to actually comment on the image itself.I am now OH SO aware that being able to view an image AT WORK...(i.e. where work should be done) is more important than an actual critique of someones effort.But alas it wasnt that good anyway...no super wide arches....no nitrous purge....wasnt riced out.....just a chop that I wanted people to look at.But the important thing is that noone will have to be bothered by such a simple OVERSIZED waste of the glorious internet.

Wouter Melissen
07-13-2007, 07:32 AM
You could have attached twenty images in the time that you posted the above message. It's really not difficult.

BIGWORM_25
07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
You could have attached twenty images in the time that you posted the above message. It's really not difficult.

You have of course proven your point.Ive seen countless posts treated the same way by several people.IT IS ultimately the posters responsibilty to ensure that the images are properly posted either meaning size or method.But at the same time wouldnt it be just as easy for the person(s) so worried about the size limitations to at least comment on the image itself?Im not just concerned with myself here its with ALL other posts Ive seen get kicked because of the same things.But in the end moderators and admin. make the rules and all other are simply here to obey.If it were me I would delete this whole thread because it no longer pertains to photoshop or cars at all.Just the wonderful fact that if rules arent followed someone will pay.

Wouter Melissen
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Yes that's what rules are for. Why should we make an exception for you? If you really wanted people to talk about your photoshop work, you should have posted them properly. Don't try to blame us for how this thread turned out. It's your fault.

BIGWORM_25
07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Yes that's what rules are for. Why should we make an exception for you? If you really wanted people to talk about your photoshop work, you should have posted them properly. Don't try to blame us for how this thread turned out. It's your fault.

Well said sir...your point taken...possibly close this meaningless thread now?

Cyco
07-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Why not just edit the 1st post to attach the images (wont matter what size they are then) and there will be some comments on them so the tread can revert to what its meant to be about?

Rockefella
07-14-2007, 06:08 PM
You have of course proven your point.Ive seen countless posts treated the same way by several people.IT IS ultimately the posters responsibilty to ensure that the images are properly posted either meaning size or method.But at the same time wouldnt it be just as easy for the person(s) so worried about the size limitations to at least comment on the image itself?Im not just concerned with myself here its with ALL other posts Ive seen get kicked because of the same things.But in the end moderators and admin. make the rules and all other are simply here to obey.If it were me I would delete this whole thread because it no longer pertains to photoshop or cars at all.Just the wonderful fact that if rules arent followed someone will pay.

This is not a democracy.

baddabang
07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
This is not a democracy.

Is it a cheerocracy?

[/end cheesy quote from cheer leading movie my girl made me watch once.]

The_Canuck
07-14-2007, 06:51 PM
There will be no cheering here...

clutch-monkey
07-14-2007, 07:20 PM
i want to see the chop :(
properly attached, though, because library comps don't allow photobucket..

suzq044
07-14-2007, 07:39 PM
jeeze -- SOMEONE LOCK THIS THING BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND!

Coventrysucks
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Why should I comment on the work?

I could be truthful, and say what I really think, however, judging by the reactions to a simple edit, the addition of harsh criticism will probably drive the typical UCP member into a monumental rage, possibly ending in a token headline on Fark involving nudity and a police taser.

I could lie, and say it is the most amazing thing in the world, but what purpose does that solve?

I have wasted my time twice in editing the post and fabricating an opinion, the O.P. is mislead and still angry about having his post edited.

There will be no cheering here...

I lol'd. Does that count?

i want to see the chop :(

You can't, because Bigworm has decided to have a little strop and remove the links entirely.

85RX7
07-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I wanna see the pic :(

BIGWORM_25
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I wouldnt mind posting the pictures again.No problem.BUT if I did it would already be blasted to bits because of everyones loyalty and fear to/of the moderators and admin. of this site.Which is very typical of most sites so that isnt a big suprise.And I wouldnt post a picture if I was afraid of it being critiqued that is stupid.And I CERTAINLY know it isnt the best ever seen lol...that is saved for the over the top ultra NON-realistic chops.Anyway...its clear that this ISNT a democracy....LOL...I never said that.I know we the members are at the mercy of the rulers of the internet...no problem.Its clear that Wouter...Coventry...and "others" want...NO ...NEED controversy and drama in their "lives"...(i.e. online) lives.I dont so I will just say this and be done....I will attach the pics await the flaming of the loyal members and shrug it off as another instance of people clinging together to fight a common enemy...in this case someone that posted pictures that were to large...(shivers thinking.."Oh the humanity."Finally...LOL...I hated the posts with Mr Detroit metal BUT you must admit he really livened up the place didnt he?But alas he too was run off.since then the posts have dragged....and the views are lack-luster.Maybe I can help!!!...j/k.Without further ado.....the worst chop ever posted on U.C.P. and no...I wont get mad when I get flamed...lol...I dont care.Most people that comment on chops never post any work themselves.

cmcpokey
07-15-2007, 09:29 AM
i think thats actually a very good chop. i do like it.

and i used to do a lot of chopping, but nothing lately.

85RX7
07-15-2007, 12:36 PM
What are those wheels off? They look effing awesome :)

Cyco
07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Not the worst chop here, buy a decent stretch.

The whining about having to follow rules you agreed to when joining the site doesn't do you any favours though.

Coventrysucks
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Coventry...and "others" want...NO ...NEED controversy and drama in their "lives"...(i.e. online) lives.I dont so I will just...

...kick up a fuss, edit posts, flounce about and make melodramatic speeches about "fighting a common enemy".

How is editing your oversized pictures, as per the guidelines, creating "controversy" or "drama"?

I also like the way that you demand that I should comment on your work if I am to edit your oversized images, then sneer about people who comment but don't post work.

Duell
07-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice chop, I like the way you cleaned the car. (door handles and badges)
You might try to do something about the wheels. If you apply some shade on the wheels just under the edge of the fender, it might look a bit more realistic. (you know what i mean?)

But overall its a good chop

BIGWORM_25
07-16-2007, 04:23 AM
[QUOTE=Coventrysucks;731885]...kick up a fuss, edit posts, flounce about and make melodramatic speeches about "fighting a common enemy".

Funny how I quit talking about it.Have a good day!!:)

BIGWORM_25
07-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Nice chop, I like the way you cleaned the car. (door handles and badges)
You might try to do something about the wheels. If you apply some shade on the wheels just under the edge of the fender, it might look a bit more realistic. (you know what i mean?)

But overall its a good chop

NOT saying you didnt ....but check out the enlarged image.There is a shadow on the wheels/tires.May not show up on your monitor like mine though?
Thanks for the comments.OHHHH....and 85rx7 the wheels came off a B.M.W. 3-series tuned by A.C. Schnitzer.

painterr
07-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I think it is very important to have rules and to uphold them! I just read most all the comments that have been made in this thread and I am saden to see how many people have jumped on the band wagon to crusify this guy!! When I can find two more posts in this forum that ther pic are over the limit that has been set and yet not one moderater or member (except 1 member) made a comment that there pic were two big!!!!

first one: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33391 posted: 7-5 ; 0 comments and 199 veiws and the pics are 1024x768

second one: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33196 posted: 6-19 and the last one was 7-5; there were 9 comments and 492 views and just one member made a comment about the size but yet there was yet not one moderater did nothing about them!!!! Come on if you are goning to have rules be consistant in inforcing them!!!!!! It looks like to me people just like picking on certion people. I am not saying that this is what's going on but that is what it looks like to me!! I believe that is one of the reasons that this forum is so dead now! I can remember when I started the comps that it grew to 20 to 30 people intering every week!! now you cant get more the two and it takes weeks to have one comp. How sad! I will probably be crusified for what I said but it doesnt really matter because I dont really have a desire to come to it very often any more!

Wouter Melissen
07-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for pointing those out. Moderators can not be expected to look in every thread. Maybe we should enforce the rules with real force ...

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Why do the mods have to do everything? Vaigra quite correctly points out in the first reply that the attachment system *should* be used.

BIGWORM_25
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
I just want to say that I truly wish I would have just attached the images in the first place.My main reason for not doing so is I plan on entering it in a contest on another site and they PREFER them to be hosted...so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone.And believe it or not my preferences on Photobucket is set to a max of 800x600....sometimes it does it...sometimes it doesnt.And the bad thing is I dont know until I see them on the site Im putting them on.Now this thread has deteriorated into nothing more than a discussion on posting etiquette leaving my chop out of sight out of mind.Wouter Coventry...I aplogize for my words towards you guys.I understand you want people to follow the rules and that is understandable.But I didnt do that out of laziness or spite it just happened that way.Thanks to all the people that actually commented on the picture and to Painterr for saying what I think needed to be said.I appreciate this site and I think the memebers are great but sometimes little things get turned into bigger things just because.Now that this thread is totally bumped up flipped and hammered.Someone close it...LOL.

Coventrysucks
07-17-2007, 04:32 PM
but yet there was yet not one moderater did nothing about them!!!! Come on if you are goning to have rules be consistant in inforcing them!!!!!!

That's because there is an average of 600 posts per day on UCP, going by the 713000+ posts in the 3 years and 3 months the forums have been running.

It is difficult for every single post to be checked.

Coventry...I aplogize for my words towards you guys.

Similarly, I'm sorry that some of my comments were out of proportion - I was merely exasperated at the fact that you appeared to know the rule was there, knew that your pictures may have been too large, but apparently did not check and amend the post yourself.

painterr
07-18-2007, 11:06 PM
That's because there is an average of 600 posts per day on UCP, going by the 713000+ posts in the 3 years and 3 months the forums have been running.

It is difficult for every single post to be checked.

I understand where you are coming from but one of the sites I go to has around 100,000 members and has had almost 500,000 post just this year and they have a real nice system they use! They have a report button by each post! So people can report if there is any flaming going on or someone is breaking the rules. Plus if a member makes a comment of another member's post he has to be cutious to that person and not bad mouth him. If there is any of that that goes on then that person gets a warning put buy his name, plus the thread is locked and if he gets three he is banded from the site! That is just to name a couple of there rules! Oh yea if a mod. finds a person breaking a rule he doenst make any kind of cutting remarks to the person in the thread but just listed the rule the person broke and then gives him a verbal warning not to do it again and if he does then he gets a warning mark by his name and the thread is locked!!! To give you an example of what I am saying I made a comment to a post a member made (nothing negitive) but a mod posted after mine and warned me to be more cutious to the poster for the time he spent posting the information.By thinking him for his efforts.

Rockefella
07-19-2007, 02:04 AM
I just want to say that I truly wish I would have just attached the images in the first place.My main reason for not doing so is I plan on entering it in a contest on another site and they PREFER them to be hosted...so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone.And believe it or not my preferences on Photobucket is set to a max of 800x600....sometimes it does it...sometimes it doesnt.And the bad thing is I dont know until I see them on the site Im putting them on.Now this thread has deteriorated into nothing more than a discussion on posting etiquette leaving my chop out of sight out of mind.Wouter Coventry...I aplogize for my words towards you guys.I understand you want people to follow the rules and that is understandable.But I didnt do that out of laziness or spite it just happened that way.Thanks to all the people that actually commented on the picture and to Painterr for saying what I think needed to be said.I appreciate this site and I think the memebers are great but sometimes little things get turned into bigger things just because.Now that this thread is totally bumped up flipped and hammered.Someone close it...LOL.

It's difficult for us mods to see everything, as W and Cov pointed out. I take two summer courses and work as an electrician during the week, and then sleep/booze it up on weekends. My UCP usage has dropped heavily because of that, so I only flip through about 50 threads a week.

Wouter Melissen
07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
And there is a report button with every post.

painterr
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
And there is a report button with every post.

wow! Thanks! all the time I have been coming to this site I never realized that that little trangle in the upper right was a report button. You might want to think about changing it and make it easier for stupid people like me to understand. I sure would of used it in times past if I knew it was there!