PDA

View Full Version : gas milege?

brightheart
04-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey, I've got an 87 RX7 GXL, and I'm hoping that someone can answer my question.
I'm getting the worst gas milege on my car, does anyone know about how much you're suppose to get, or is there something horribly wrong with my car?

Slicks
04-22-2004, 06:55 PM
I assume that an 87 would get around 20mpg hwy driving. Those rotory engines are known for getting poor mpg, theres probably nothing wrong with your car. ;)

eyebrows
04-22-2004, 10:02 PM
you should ask shaker about it because he had the same problem with his siries IV RX7 and was in the process of fixing it or atemting to fix his rx7's consuption (the forum that we dicussed this b4 was the aussie cars and its titled rotary vs V8 econamy run u might be able to get some help from there)...

Egg Nog
04-23-2004, 11:55 AM
The second-generation RX-7 is notorious for getting awful milage. Unfortunately, it's not really something that you can fix.

V8 swap? ;)

werty
04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
you can increase your miliage with:

headers
exhuast system
K&N air filter/ K&N cold air intake
go on a diet?? :p

Egg Nog
04-23-2004, 06:12 PM
you can increase your miliage with:

headers
exhuast system
K&N air filter/ K&N cold air intake
go on a diet?? :p

None of those (except for the diet bit) will improve your fuel economy...

werty
04-24-2004, 09:56 AM
None of those (except for the diet bit) will improve your fuel economy...

Yes it will, i have all three, 2 from JBA and they all increase your fuel economy- go to the site- click on more info under headers and exhaust pictures- under what the beneifts are it says increased fuel economy! ;)

www.JBAheaders.com

Coventrysucks
04-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey, I've got an 87 RX7 GXL, and I'm hoping that someone can answer my question.
I'm getting the worst gas milege on my car, does anyone know about how much you're suppose to get, or is there something horribly wrong with my car?

Ahem, they all do that sir. ;)

Egg Nog
04-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Yes it will, i have all three, 2 from JBA and they all increase your fuel economy- go to the site- click on more info under headers and exhaust pictures- under what the beneifts are it says increased fuel economy! ;)

Read your PMs.... I don't want to type all that out again ;)

Falcon500
04-25-2004, 06:12 AM

www.JBAheaders.com
Yes and K&N airfilters claim 15 hp out of the box
But too apoint your right tuneing an engine right can get you some incredable econnmy...my old mans datsun 1000 has a race spec engine with modifoed exaust,reground cam,port matched head...dual webber carbies as well as being a tiny littleflimsy car gets 41mpg....

werty
04-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Yes and K&N airfilters claim 15 hp out of the box
But too apoint your right tuneing an engine right can get you some incredable econnmy...my old mans datsun 1000 has a race spec engine with modifoed exaust,reground cam,port matched head...dual webber carbies as well as being a tiny littleflimsy car gets 41mpg....

dang thats incredible, i wish my truck did 41mpg, i would have so much extra money :D

SilverArrowZ
05-18-2004, 06:17 PM
20mpg out of a rather high powered engine is fine.. tell you what, my engine is the most terible fuel drinker. 68bhp 1.3liter, 21mpg. Something tels me i can throw it away or polish it and donate it to the museum.

Can anybody tell me what is the fuel consumption of an 4A-GE and what is its fuel consumtion if i turbocharge it at 8psi?