PDA

View Full Version : VetteDogs VOD

VetteDogs
07-22-2007, 04:52 PM
We recently started a video on demand show called VetteDogs.

Everything is done on a small budget with camcorders from a Super Wal-Mart. We're punishing our Corvettes through killer ideas we come across and then post them every week.

Let us know what you think!

www.vettedogs.com

or on YouTube (faster connection, just less quality)

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...tedogs&search=

I'll try and answer questions too about what's exactly going on.

Dickrich
07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
You should cover the ALMS Corvette GT1 program, that's real racing.

VetteDogs
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM

We'll leave it to Speed Channel because very few owners can relate at all to ALMS GT1...

VetteDogs is about getting out of the car show/waxer routine and using your own car in new ways. Getting people off the couch and into doing some real hardcore driving. That's our mission anyway.

No big wallets or professional skill necessary. Just some free time and a tank of fuel. A bunch of amateurs showing what type of fun is out there to be had. We did a cross-country trek in a Corvette caravan the other month to Spring Mountain raceway and also rented Gingerman Raceway last month for additional track time. Fantastic tracks to let loose on and hone skills without the worry of a concrete wall. :D

We filmed all these events (including us getting pulled over by the Police, burnouts at the toll booths, Utah snowstorms) and will eventually get to it after we go through One Lap of America. We'll probably do some drag racing next and get others involved. Help show folks how easy is it to get out there and do it themselves.

Wouter Melissen
07-23-2007, 12:07 AM

The Corvettes are racing each other. That does not really qualify as real racing.

Zytek_Fan
07-23-2007, 12:44 AM
The Corvettes are racing each other. That does not really qualify as real racing.

Hopefully the ALMS can get some GT1 cars on the grid next year, or else GT1 in ALMS is going to die.

Dickrich
07-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Let me quote you, "The Corvettes are racing...that does not really qualify as real racing"

They are certainly racing, among LMP1, P2, GT1 and GT2 cars. So was the Bentley EXP.

Dickrich
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
We'll leave it to Speed Channel because very few owners can relate at all to ALMS GT1...

Why do you think Speedchannel covers that instead of amateur and illegal interstate tomfoolery?

I am guessing you underestimate Corvette owners.

F1_Master
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Why do you think Speedchannel covers that instead of amateur and illegal interstate tomfoolery?

Um, Speed actually does cover a few illegal events, most of it illegal stunt bike riding.

Let me quote you, "The Corvettes are racing...that does not really qualify as real racing"

They are certainly racing, among LMP1, P2, GT1 and GT2 cars. So was the Bentley EXP.

Racing against who? All the LMPs are either ahead of them or out, and the GT2s are back behind them. So who are they racing? No one. All the other classes are either too far ahead or too far behind to be serious competition.

So, the Corvettes don't do anything but race each other. Which is exactly why if I want to see some die-hard Corvette racing, I watch the FIA. Speed luckily, manages to keep the ALMS race focused on the LMPs or GT2 leaders.

Zytek_Fan
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Um, Speed actually does cover a few illegal events, most of it illegal stunt bike riding.

Racing against who? All the LMPs are either ahead of them or out, and the GT2s are back behind them. So who are they racing? No one. All the other classes are either too far ahead or too far behind to be serious competition.

So, the Corvettes don't do anything but race each other. Which is exactly why if I want to see some die-hard Corvette racing, I watch the FIA. Speed luckily, manages to keep the ALMS race focused on the LMPs or GT2 leaders.
FIA GT? Yeah, there is surely some good racing there. The PK Carsport C5R won the Oschersleben, but was excluded when there fuel tank was found to be too big, they appealed the decision, and the decision of the appeal is due tomorrow afternoon.

The Carsport Holland C6R has been up their throughout the year, but hasn't picked up a win yet.

F1_Master
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
True, true Zytek. They sit 6th overall with 18 points, not far from PK Carsport and Aston Martin Racing BMS/Jetalliance Racing (tied). But Vitaphone looks like they've got the Championship. 51 points with Scuderia Playteam at 29 points....

Speaking of the FIA GT, Spa 24 Hours is this weekend. I hope I can find a way to catch it in the states.

Turbo.Jenkens
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Speaking of the FIA GT, Spa 24 Hours is this weekend. I hope I can find a way to catch it in the states.

Please post a link if you find a way, I would love spend the weekend in front of a screen. :D

Turbo.Jenkens
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Good to see somebody driving a vet hard, thanks.

It would be alot cooler if you showed more racing and less BS.

VetteDogs
07-23-2007, 08:17 PM

Underestimate? Not a shot. I am a Corvette owner and I put over 11,000 miles in a C6 within 2 weeks along side several others Vetters. Just something for folks to watch, enjoy and become involved in with their own Corvettes.

We know swarms of Vetters would love to be doing this stuff, that's why we're showing what us (and many others) are up to. We weren't the only Vettes at One Lap and there were hundreds at Spring Mountain.

The One Lap of America coverage focuses mainly on us, not just because we were our own self-sponsored team but covering any other teams crossed into legal channels with CMT. :o

Good to see somebody driving a vet hard, thanks.

Thanks, definitely what it's about. Having a well groomed Corvette is a cool thing, but you can really create some amazing stories and learn your car on a new level if you get out there and punish it from time to time.

Episode 4 has a huge section of all 3 laps at Mid America. Nothing quite like wandering onto a wet, unknown track but you get a great feel for the course in the episode.

Wouter Melissen
07-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Right now the GT1 class in the ALMS only features the Corvettes and they just share the track with the other cars. The LMP1 and LMP2 cars are faster and the GT2s are slower; hence they racing themselves. The Bentley was designed to the LMGTP regulations, which were slightly different to the LMP900 regulations, but still intended to yield the exact same performance. So while it might have been the only car in its class, the Bentley was at least on par with other cars and racing for overall victory. A few races back the Corvette was doing pit-stop practice while the other teams were busy getting a qualifying time on the boards.

VetteDogs
07-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a tough time following the sports amidst all the restrictions and changes they force on cars for winning. (i.e. plump up 200lbs, intake restrictors and smaller fuel tanks.) I like getting out and having my own track fun.

There was some fantastic driving at Mid Ohio the other weekend though :cool: such a cool track. We visited Mid Ohio in the last track-leg of One Lap of America, the big dogs were having huge fun drifting around coming into the front straight.

EPISODE 5 of VetteDogs will be out around the middle of this week!

VetteDogs
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
We were able to get Episode 5 out today (us taking on Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake City, Utah). An unbelievable track (24 turns) and a very fast one at that. The front straight is 3500ft!!!

Vette Dogs (http://www.vettedogs.com)

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvette-photos/data/717/medium/OneLapofAmerica_379.jpg

Here is a link to the track map at Miller Motorsport:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/images/common/map07.jpg

Vaigra
08-07-2007, 01:10 AM
I see there's a nice little debate going on here but technically, is this not spam?

Wouter Melissen
08-07-2007, 01:30 AM
I see there's a nice little debate going on here but technically, is this not spam?

It could be, but not in this case. This user had the courtesy to talk to me about posting some links to his site before ever doing this. I allowed him to do so, on the condition that he would try and be an active member on the forums.

Vaigra
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
That was nice of him and yourself.
Whether or not he sticks around is another matter though.

Viper007
08-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I think VetteDogs is a great site and can't wait to see more of their videos. Thanks to wouter for letting them post.