clutch-monkey
07-29-2007, 05:07 AM
yep, still alive. only spun once :D

clutch-monkey
07-29-2007, 05:12 AM
woop woop

clutch-monkey
07-29-2007, 05:21 AM
over a hundred cars attended. pitlane was busy most of the morning..

clutch-monkey
07-29-2007, 05:29 AM
a few M3's, landbarge GTR's, and eurolemons showed up for variety.

Quiggs
07-29-2007, 06:50 AM
<3 R32 with Eurobumpers and OEM headlight washers.

charged
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Any day at the track is good when the car and driver finish in 1 peice:D , we were at Mallala with the nephews cars and destroyed a clutch. Could have been worse though a guy had his 300z out there and put it into the wall at turn 2 , its 1 foot shorter on the passenger front now and its meant to be in his wedding in 2 weeks. They were all having a track day as part of his buck show driving Saturday and drinking that night. I rekon the guy would have got smashed so he could forget:(

Sledgehammer
07-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Clutch, which car were you driving?

The_Canuck
07-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey Clutch, which car were you driving?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/users-rides/33494-shes-uh-small-white-deathtrap.html

kingofthering
07-29-2007, 09:49 PM
So... how fast does she go? Fast or jaw-dropping fast?

If it wasn't for the rollcage and that A3, dem stickerz would almost qualify you for ricer status. :D

clutch-monkey
07-30-2007, 01:30 AM
<3 R32 with Eurobumpers and OEM headlight washers.
he had understeer on some corners as per usual, but i guess it's all relative since everyone else had the opposite wieght distribution :D

So... how fast does she go? Fast or jaw-dropping fast?

If it wasn't for the rollcage and that A3, dem stickerz would almost qualify you for ricer status. :D
stickers ftw! nobody likes losing to a ricer.
more than fast enough :cool:

ballast
07-30-2007, 01:32 AM
what was you'r best lap time and was it the long track
i'll bet you've still got the smile on you're dial

clutch-monkey
07-30-2007, 01:34 AM
what was you'r best lap time and was it the long track
i'll bet you've still got the smile on you're dial
yes i do :D
i got 1 min 34 sec on the long track, then 1 min 6 seconds on the short track :) my best lap which may have done better was the one i spun on :D
next time i might start further up in the group to reduce the traffic delays, see what i can do.

ballast
07-30-2007, 01:36 AM
any problem's coming to grip's with the handling
what tyres are you on

clutch-monkey
07-30-2007, 01:52 AM
any problem's coming to grip's with the handling
what tyres are you on
no problems with the handling...yet - points very well and no doubt the engine over the rear wheels is great for traction.
semi slick yokohoma's (i think it was? or kumho? one of those), i will most likely save up for a set of wheels so i can run street tires most of the week.

Kitdy
07-30-2007, 01:55 AM
clutch, what sort of events happened there at the track day? Were there any races or just circulation?

clutch-monkey
07-30-2007, 01:59 AM
clutch, what sort of events happened there at the track day? Were there any races or just circulation?
in the morning was untimed sprints which lets beginners go on the track and the others do warm up laps. In the afternoons is the time trials. everybody is split up into different groups regarding experience/lap times/performance etc

Kitdy
07-30-2007, 02:04 AM
in the morning was untimed sprints which lets beginners go on the track and the others do warm up laps. In the afternoons is the time trials. everybody is split up into different groups regarding experience/lap times/performance etc

I notice you have neglected to tell us how well (aka how poor) you did. :)

clutch-monkey
07-30-2007, 02:13 AM
I notice you have neglected to tell us how well (aka how poor) you did. :)

:confused:

yes i do :D
i got 1 min 34 sec on the long track, then 1 min 6 seconds on the short track :)
:p

Kitdy
07-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Aha. I missed that.

Disregard my stupidity.

What place did you get (in your class)?

charged
07-30-2007, 04:38 AM
no problems with the handling...yet - points very well and no doubt the engine over the rear wheels is great for traction.
semi slick yokohoma's (i think it was? or kumho? one of those), i will most likely save up for a set of wheels so i can run street tires most of the week.

Did you play with tyre pressures, with the a48r Yokies we have found lower pressures pretty good around 24 cold and they come up to 32 hot. Go the Kumho's personally same amount of grip and also cheaper.

Was it a supersprint you competed in or like a mordern regularity ?