PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve to NASCAR

ScionDriver
08-26-2007, 09:23 AM
On Monday former Formula 1 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will test with Bill Davis Racing for the Craftsman Truck Series, with the intention of moving him to NASCAR down the road.

ESPN - F1's Villeneuve to test truck for Bill Davis Racing - Nascar (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2988724)

Lets Gekiga In
08-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, Craftsman Truck Series is still a part of NASCAR. You mean Nextel Cup, which will be called the Sprint Cup next year.

blingbling
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
extraordinarily unsexy

Zytek_Fan
08-26-2007, 04:25 PM
He couldn't find a drive in any other series...

whiteballz
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Well, Craftsman Truck Series is still a part of NASCAR. You mean Nextel Cup, which will be called the Sprint Cup next year.

sprint cup?

wtf, its not like the races are fast and short.

Quiggs
08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Sprint = cellular phone carrier = sponsor.

whiteballz
08-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Ah, thats stupid amounts of publicity isnt it.. so comercial..

kingofthering
08-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Will Villenuve act like that guy from Talladega Nights minus the homosexuality?

Quiggs
08-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Will Villenuve act like that guy from Talladega Nights minus the homosexuality?

'Ello, Ricky Bo-bee. I am a French Formoola Uh driver.

kingofthering
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
'Ello, Ricky Bo-bee. I am a French Formoola Uh driver.

Aaah... but unlike that guy, Villenuve will pull out his guitar and start playing t3h awesomzest SonG InT3h WorlD

Zytek_Fan
08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Aaah... but unlike that guy, Villenuve will pull out his guitar and start playing t3h awesomzest SonG InT3h WorlD

His songs aren't terrible...for an amateur.

fisetdavid26
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
99% oF uR p0stZ R l33t y0!11!!111!one!!!1!1 R u t3h üB3r 1337?!6!1!6!?

Anyway, I'm glad Villeneuve will be back in a racing car, I'd prefer to see him somewhere else (read: anywhere else) but at least it's indeed better for him to be racing, even in crappy series, than playing guitar at home.

Zytek_Fan
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
99% oF uR p0stZ R l33t y0!11!!111!one!!!1!1 R u t3h üB3r 1337?!6!1!6!?

Anyway, I'm glad Villeneuve will be back in a racing car, I'd prefer to see him somewhere else (read: anywhere else) but at least it's indeed better for him to be racing, even in crappy series, than playing guitar at home.

Yeah, it'd be a shame for his career to end now. He's still got a few years left, just look at his pace at Le Mans this year.

fisetdavid26
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Agreed.

Zytek_Fan
08-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Agreed.

It also brings us to the "official whatever of NASCAR"

Such crap...

fisetdavid26
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it'd be a shame for his career to end now. He's still got a few years left, just look at his pace at Le Mans this year.
Yeah, I was pleased to see him there and the way he performed.

It also brings us to the "official whatever of NASCAR"

Such crap...
Definitely... (http://www.nascar.com/guides/sponsorship/)

I'm quite sure there are avid NASCAR fans who adjust their lifestyles according to this list.

Average Joe: "Hey dude, you want a beer or something? I got Labatt Blue."
NASCAR fan: "You gotta be f*king kidding... Budweiser is what a real NASCAR fan like me drinks! It's written in the NASCAR Sponsors Bible!"

RacingManiac
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
If Villeneuve find the on-track antics of a certain M. Schumacher being questionable, unsportsman-like and a risk to the others, he'll enjoy himself immensely in NASCAR.....:rolleyes: Clean, no contact and very gentleman-like is what stockcar is all about....lol

rubbin's racin'

Rockefella
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM

NASCAR has had a Commercial Enterprise 'sponsor' one of it's race series for a LONG time. Winston Cup became Nextel Cup and it'll become Sprint Cup.. it's nothing new. To add to that, the minor league NASCAR series are the Busch series (Beer) and the Craftsman Truck Series.

I don't think it's that bad.

Lets Gekiga In
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM

Yeah, what the hell? I mean it's not like F1 or any other racing series has sponsors for each race or on the cars or anything. :rolleyes:

Ferrer
08-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah, what the hell? I mean it's not like F1 or any other racing series has sponsors for each race or on the cars or anything. :rolleyes:
In fact most Grand Prixs carry (or at least used to) Marlboro in their name. As such the Grand Prix held here in Montmelo was the the Grand Prix Marlboro of Spain.

And the RAC Rally was known for a long time in the 80's and 90's as the Lombard RAC, again due to a financial company sponsoring the event.

So it's not only Nascar.

Lets Gekiga In
08-27-2007, 01:20 AM
In fact most Grand Prixs carry (or at least used to) Marlboro in their name. As such the Grand Prix held here in Montmelo was the the Grand Prix Marlboro of Spain.

And the RAC Rally was known for a long time in the 80's and 90's as the Lombard RAC, again due to a financial company sponsoring the event.

So it's not only Nascar.
I'm really surprised that you didn't pick up the sarcasm in my post. I even used the rolleyes smiley. :p

Ferrer
08-27-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm really surprised that you didn't pick up the sarcasm in my post. I even used the rolleyes smiley. :p
Yes I know, but since other people said that Nascar had a lot of publicity I wanted to point out that it wasn't just Nascar. I was sort of backing your point. ;)