PDA

View Full Version : WRX STI vs NSX vs R34 GTR

norman
04-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Which one do you think is better overall for street racing (that includes corners :p ) out of
Subaru WRX STI
Honda NSX
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

whiteballz
04-24-2004, 12:48 AM
wheres the evo's? u left one of the best out!

IBrake4Rainbows
04-24-2004, 12:51 AM
It all depends on what you want.

If you want Senna Tuned fun with a Honda Badge and Be considered a Supercar Elite Outsider, go the NSX.

If you want techy thrills with the computer letting you drive insanely, with a huge fanboy base, go the R34 GTR.

If you want a huge spoiler, Huge bonnet scoop and hugely inflated pricetag for what essentially is a pre-riced Japanese Sedan, Albeit with pedigree, go the WRX STi.

My choice is the NSX, what other car is still class competitive nearly 15 years after launch?

Coventrysucks
04-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Which one do you think is better overall for street racing (that includes corners :p ) out of
Subaru WRX STI
Honda NSX
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

Street racing:
Its not big and its not clever. :rolleyes:

GT500
04-24-2004, 11:38 AM
mmm....The NSX is the fastest here....so NSX, even though the STi is my #1 favorite car.

Cotterik
04-24-2004, 11:52 AM
The Nissan Skyline R34 GTR is possibly the best street racing car out there as it is so modifiable. But i agree with whiteballs u cant leave the evo out of the battle, its more of a street racer than the STI. I dont think the NSK is a popular street racer because its more of a mature car and costs more to mod, replacing the stock parts is more of a waste because its the fastest out of all. So the skyline gets my vote.

Spastik_Roach
04-24-2004, 02:29 PM
That first skyline has got so many neons it could me mistaken for a portable strip club.

Slicks
04-24-2004, 02:39 PM
It all depends on what you want.

If you want Senna Tuned fun with a Honda Badge and Be considered a Supercar Elite Outsider, go the NSX.

If you want techy thrills with the computer letting you drive insanely, with a huge fanboy base, go the R34 GTR.

If you want a huge spoiler, Huge bonnet scoop and hugely inflated pricetag for what essentially is a pre-riced Japanese Sedan, Albeit with pedigree, go the WRX STi.

My choice is the NSX, what other car is still class competitive nearly 15 years after launch?

I wouldnt exactly call the NSX "class competitive." Every review ive seen it gets its ass handed to itself by a cheaper car(Z06,911Tubro, or Viper ;) ) Not only that by the sales rate of the NSX in the US and the UK are a joke with somewhere around 20ish sold in the UK(getting the award for the worst selling sports car), and a small number i cant remember in the US.

I would have to go with the Skyline probably, having the best amount of torque, and being the rarest around here.

whiteballz
04-24-2004, 09:31 PM
are you dissing the NSX? i would love one! even though i love the subies, (and i would never street race.) just the fact that the NSX is so rare and such a beauty over 9 years old its just amazing! not to mention one of the coolest packages in race spec. it "handed" a holden v8 ITS "arse" on a golden platter at a race day at my local track, it was wakefield, nice open fairly flowing track, and beat the v8 by 10 or so positions! ( i know alot of that is from driver skill) but it looked a very well behaved package, not to mention, i think it would be hard to rice! and its not a boy racers dream, you need skill to drive one of those, (im not saying boy toy racers dont have skill)... i think the NSX has the go to beat any other of those cars.

Slicks
04-24-2004, 11:14 PM
No im not dissing on the NSX, I just would never buy one for the money. Like i said before, for half the price i could get a Z06, which is quicker, handles better, sounds better, and gets better gasmilage. I say if the NSX were priced around 40-50K USD that would be a good deal, but not 89K+. Its probably the worst perfomer of the group listed for the money.

Spastik_Roach
04-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Woah woah wait up there slicks. You call the Skyline the rarest then you talk about the NSX's terrible sales figures. Think before you post mate. I think this guy is a fanboy of skylines. He says the Skylnie is rarest, then calls the NSX a bad seller? Why could he not call them both rare?

Maybe i'm obsessive, just my 2 cents.

whiteballz
04-25-2004, 12:05 AM
your also a very good battologist spastik, you like to repeat yourself pointlessly dont you? i think i might have to change my sig now!
:( :p :cool: hahaha

i agree with S_R, you say the skyline the rarest, and then go on about the poor sales in the uk etc! it may just be mine and S_R's fault coz were aussie (wooo hooo :rolleyes: ) but low sales figures mean rarety does it not?

ether way, the nsx is a good car, so's the WRX, not too sure of the R34 too bigger of a fanboy base!

Spastik_Roach
04-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Did...you...just...call..no,...INSULT....me..calli ng...me...an....Aussie

how DARE YOU.

Die you peevish sub-human.

I..am..a...KIWI.

whiteballz
04-25-2004, 03:06 AM
ok let me re-phraze that, we the australasian general area dwellers! think alike? i appologise and should take my own advise! lmao. *shakes heads in shame* o well, im a kiwi, but live here, so maybe us kiwi think alike then? :confused: :D :p ahahahahahah riite.... hows the weather? :p

Slicks
04-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Well if you noticed i live in the US, where they dont sell Skylines at all, and around me ive seen atleast 10 different NSXs on the road before and 0 skylines, hell, ive only seen one Skyline in my life and that was at a big car show. So in the US the NSX is alot more common than any Skyline.

Niko_Fx
04-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah the NSX is way too expensive. You can even get a Viper for the price of it and have some money left.

But was the price part of the question? If being so I would have chosen the WRX STI.

PsychoChimp22
04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Its "drag racing", street racing is for dumbasses :cool:

sandwich
04-27-2004, 07:20 AM
The NSX is way past due. If honda lowered the price or modified it, it would have some potential. But slicks is right, it's overpriced and underqualified. One more thing, the NSX is indeed more common then the skyline here in the states. They don't sell the skyline, but they do try to sell the NSX.

These cars are somewhat difficult to compare. The NSX would be great on a track, the WRX great on dirt, and the GTR great for picking up asian chicks. The NSX is well designed but overpriced, it would excel if cost were not a factor. There's a good chance it will blow the doors off the other two. If cost were a factor, the WRX would be it. Great performance and some 50k cheaper. I still love the sound of a straight six, and although the fanboys tick me off, the Skyline would be fun.

rainbows, I don't know how you can say the Sti is pre-riced. It's almost a direct representation of the WRC car for on-road. Yes the spoiler is high, and the scoop is big, but they both serve a purpose. I don't know how you can say "rice" without mentioning the Skyline, either. That's the Pinnacle of Rice-itude. And the price....inflated, perhaps, but when you consider that similarly priced sports cars (RX8, 350z) don't come close to the performance, or rather that the performance of the WRX comes close to cars twice its price, it seems worth it.

stratos
04-27-2004, 07:26 AM
My vote goes to the Subaru

DarkPhenix
04-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR