PDA

View Full Version : My cars

johnnynumfiv
04-24-2004, 03:58 PM
These are my cars. The red one is one in need of restoration, it cost 1000 in non running condition. My father bought it seeing how it had almost no rust on it, but after pulling the engine out we noticed serious frame damage, but then, the transmisson is acting up. (I'll take pictures of the frame damage when I have to pull the engine to get the trannie out to rebuild it). The other one is the car I am currently restoring, I am in the process of taking all the undercoating off so I can get it media blasted. It's on a rotisserie my father and I custom made for MG midgets. If you need more proof, just ask me to take more pics.

BTW... anyone have any tips on a better method of taking undercoating off than using a propane torch and a putty knife?

Also, I edited the picture of the car on the rotisserie, looking into the cab of the car, there was just junk there that didn't need to be.

johnnynumfiv
04-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Here's some more of the car I'm restoring.

henk4
04-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Very interesitng, I am unfortunately not able to provide you with any technical advice, but I was just wondering where you keep the blue midget when it rains. Can you roll you contrapment into a garage?

UK CARS
04-25-2004, 02:07 AM
errr,lot of hours needed there mate :(
is the avaliable parts there in the us? :confused:
hope you have fun with your 'little' project :D

cuntukimushroom
04-25-2004, 02:59 AM
Here's some more of the car I'm restoring.
man that is gonna take alot of man hours to build or its just you building it on your own most unlikely but good luck!!

johnnynumfiv
04-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Currently, I just cover it with a tarp. Once it gets media blasted and primed, its going into my garage but my father needs to move one of his other cars out of the garage to accomadate my car. There are a few places to get repro parts for the cars in the US, eBay is another good source of parts, since it is international there are a few british parts dealers. But I have most of the parts already, all I need to do is get them ready to put on the car and i'm going to build an 1275 engine to put in it. I have another project car after this one, it's a 1974 midget, I'm putting a tube frame/roll cage in along with a mazda 13b rotary engine.