PDA

View Full Version : French

lfb666
04-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Which french car company do you like more?
Renault vs Citroen vs Peugeot

Peugeot. I like 406 Coupe and 206 CC.

whiteballz
04-24-2004, 10:18 PM
i like renault because of the renault clio sport v6! its an awsome car! i cant remember any specs at this moment, but i just love the direction they are heading in (renault)

Spastik_Roach
04-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Renault. Because of the Clio performance models. And you forgot Venturi and Bugatti!

henk4
04-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Citroen and Peugeot are technically very similar (belonging to the same PSA group). I will go for Citroen as long as they will keep their unique suspension, although the current C5 is not the most elegant of cars. A facelift is on the way, but I may have to wait until the next one. The C6 will continue the tradition of the DS/CX and XM as of next year.

PSA (latest developments together with Ford) has the best (and filtered) all round diesel engines so that also limits my choice.

dEUS
04-25-2004, 02:21 AM
My favourite french car company is Peugeot because of the World Rally Championship! (205) (206)

But I remenber that Citroen also have goods cars in the past and have in this moment another good car racing in the World Rally Championship! (Xsara WRC)

henk4
04-25-2004, 02:24 AM
My favourite french car company is Peugeot because of the World Rally Championship! (205) (206)

But I remenber that Citroen also have goods cars in the past and have in this moment another good car racing in the World Rally Championship! (Xsara WRC)

The Xsara actually is the 2003 WRC champion.
Long time ago the DS won the Monte Carlo

Spastik_Roach
04-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Renault really should have a shot at WRC! The Megane doesn't for some reason seem the best candidate for it though so maybe a Clio or a Laguna?

dEUS
04-25-2004, 02:33 AM
The Xsara actually is the 2003 WRC champion.
Long time ago the DS won the Monte Carlo

ok that´s true!
It´s a shame that I never see one in real life(version WRC) and it´s a shame that in the Rally Vinho Madeira (coeficient 20) never come one for race in this rally! but I think That in this year will come one! and I hope that the pilot can be Carlos Sainz!

henk4
04-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Renault really should have a shot at WRC! The Megane doesn't for some reason seem the best candidate for it though so maybe a Clio or a Laguna?

The previous megane was used as a kit car, (FWD only) and the R5Turbo was world rallye champion in the eighties.

drakkie
04-25-2004, 03:40 AM
Citroen, first of all because they buiold nice cars.second of all, they have been succesful in much sports, not only wrc.Third, the new concept C4 looks so damn good!!!!!!! fourth , they have been very innivative over the years, although not so much anymore.Almost all their cars have become classics!!!

IBrake4Rainbows
04-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Citroen are innovative, but seem (No offence to Henks Taste) to rely on the Memory of the DS and the fact it was so advanced to keep it going. During the 80's it tried being a techno-savvy european, and lost it's flair. It needs a model such as the 2CV or the DS to boost it again, all i see are rebodied, well riding Peugeots. Value packed cars sell by the dozen, needs to try and seem a bit upmarket to survive, and not go the way Ford is now.

Peugeot are the Volume sellers, due to low pricing and appealing cars, i think they have a good track record (and a visible one, which sets it apart from Citroens successes, all fairness to the Xsara, i forget it almost immediately....) but needs to be careful of being cast as Downmarket, as with Citroen. Needs a much better flagship (607 is underdone, overpriced and bloated.....)

Renault have had a fantastic design Renaissance under Patrick Le Quement and his team, who carved out the Twingo, Megane II and original Scenic and Scenic II. Other efforts include Vel Satis and Avantime, both which seem stylish but are a bit underdone i the Chassis department. has hot-hatch Hero Clio Sport V6, history of Alpine Renaults and also a bit of quality woes. Also suffered trying to be Techno-savvy in the 80's. Needs to be careful of "Rep Mobile" Image. The Citroen of the 90's in Innovation. Lets hope they can match it this century.

All have pluses and Minuses, but my heart lies with Renault. The new Megane has to be the freshest piece of Working design (Excluding Bangle, his designs don't work.) and it has a none-too-shabby history, followed by the Double Chevron and the Lion.

SPN:DOC
04-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Renault.. Not just for the cars today but also for the heritage.. in 1898 Louise Renault set on a journey which would change automotive history, it was started as a bet that Louise can climb a mountain ( cannot remember which one) which he won, Louise was quick to enter a number of events and race around Europe, the brand took of quickly, in WWI Renault had developed the vehicle of victory the tank which helped push back the German lines in the battle of Somme. Renault was responsible for a number of important innovations like the first transmission, developing a turbo charger in 1902, first liquid cooled closed circuit engine etc... and the Renault 4 was the only vehicle which had beaten the beetle in sales for some years. :D :D

porscayen
04-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Renault, the big and versatile of the 3 marks, it is the Nissan owner

04-26-2004, 09:59 PM

Why would you say that the Megane doesn't seem like the best candidate, I think it would be the best candidate for a WRC entry, its in class with the Xsara and 307, and now that the Megane' RS would be available 4WD 170kw 2.0 Turbo things couldn’t get better. :D

Spastik_Roach
04-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Well its like putting lets say an artist to work as a builder. Its putting a stylish car in muddy surroundings. I don't know, it just does not seem right putting such a odd (but nice) looking car in WRC. Maybe i'm wrong but its just my 2 cents.

And Henk I am aware of the Megane kit car, as I have 3 rally car games with it tin them :D

henk4
04-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Well its like putting lets say an artist to work as a builder. Its putting a stylish car in muddy surroundings. I don't know, it just does not seem right putting such a odd (but nice) looking car in WRC. Maybe i'm wrong but its just my 2 cents.

Have you already seen the C4 WRC Concept? I think it is even better styled than the Megane.

stratos
04-27-2004, 01:08 AM
1. Renault - Clio v6
2. Citroen - 2cv
3. Peugout - 206 WRC

DarkPhenix
04-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Peugeot

04-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Have you already seen the C4 WRC Concept? I think it is even better styled than the Megane.

You mean this one... :) Nah i think the Megane still looks better.. :D

1.)Citroen C4 WRC Concept
2.)Citroen C4 WRC Concept
3.)Renault Megane RS
4.)Renault Megane RS

henk4
04-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Yes I meant that one and having seen the car with my own eyes I think it looks very much better than the Megane.

Nabush
06-10-2004, 04:28 AM
It's quite difficult to make a choice for me...
I think Renault makes good cars and i love the Clio V6 phase II :D . The style is ambitious..
The citroen are also very is terms of comfort and handling... good cars are coming also (C5 with the restyling, C4 and C6).
Concerning Peugeot...
I'm found of the new Peugeot 407 !! My engineer school is at 2 km from the place where they produce it ( PSA La Janais) and i know the chief test engineer ...so i could test it 6 month before it came oon the market :p the style is magnificent and the handling is unbelievable !! it will come with a brand new diesel HDI V6 2.7 Biturbo of 200 hp in 2005...(but i prefer gasoline engines...unfortunately the problem in france is that most of the development of the engines are for the diesels..there is 3.0 liter V6 of 211 hp (the same basis as the clio V6) but it's quite weak it think...

Lagonda
06-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Quite a difficult question here. I would say Renault since I'm buying a Renault Mégane this summer ;) and since we own a Vel Satis already (cool car, better than the BMW 725tds we had before that one). But I also like Citroën a lot, the 2CV was for me much cooler than the VW beetle. But's it's such a shame that the C5's looks are just so so. Also Citroën uses the same great HDi Diesel-engines that Peugeot uses. (Henk you're not the only one who likes diesels ;) ). But today my vote goes to Renault. Especially considering their awesome design. Maybe this opinion could change once Citroën releases the C6.