PDA

View Full Version : Kooper car prt. 3 sneak

Kooper
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
OK, here's a little taster of things to come.

It's not mid-engined, so be warned. Expect the full part 3 to take a while too, I want to make it worth the wait so expect to wait (does that make sense?).

Anyhow, all the mid-engined stuff I've been experimenting with haven't looked good enough to far, so I decided to do a front-mid-engined design for the time being just to get the juices flowing.

So, here it is.

And, Marvin is indeed seated in there. Wheels are 19". That's pretty much the only definite measurement I have at this stage as I planned to make the wheelbase 2850mm, but the proportions ended up all screwed up so I had to make some adjustments until it looked acceptable.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r36/KooperUCP/fmd.jpg

If you want me to introduce Marvin formally, let me know :D

Anyhow, this is pretty much a filler till I do the planned mid-engined-street-legal-race-car. As always, your input is appreciated.

As a sidenote (and completely useless), thought I'd share the music this car's design was accompanied with:

Slayer - Catalyst
Marilyn Manson - You and me and the Devil makes
KMFDM - I am what I am

UPDATE:

Wheelbase: 2595mm
Height: 1144mm
Length: 4239mm

digitalcraft
09-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Looks a lot like a viper

Kooper
09-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Looks a lot like a viper

First thing that I thought as well. I tried my darndest to differentiate it, but alas, that boot just kept on throwing me a curve-ball...

Personally I keep seeing shades of Viper and Corvette for some reason! Ah well, at least I now know what music those Yankees listen to! :D

Kooper
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Here's a little comparo to the latest Viper coupe, assuming the Viper's got 19" wheels:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r36/KooperUCP/fmd-v2comparo.jpg

F1_Master
09-14-2007, 10:07 PM
:p Friggin' spammers, lol. LOL at the last "vid" pic though.

Ferrer
09-15-2007, 03:32 PM
That looks defnitely better, altough the front overhang is massive.

NSXType-R
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes, I do see a lot of Dodge Viper, mixed with a little of Ferrari 575 Maranello.

It does look good, and that's all that matters. :D

Cody302
09-17-2007, 01:35 PM
A little Panoz,maybe?

Kooper
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
UPDATE:

I'm still working on a mid-engined car, though I just can't seem to get the thing looking OK.

I created another front-engined car just as an in-betweener, but not going to post it (kind of promised myself I'll not post any other pic until I at least have something other than a flat 2D pic of a mid-engined car).

I haven't even started with the 3D experimenting yet, so seems like this might take quite a while, at least much longer than I thought originally.

Anyways, thanks for all the great feedback everyone gave so far. Will try to get something up here as soon as I can.

Kooper
12-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I know I said I would only submit something in this vein again if it's 3D, but it turns out it's a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would be.

This is also probably the last post from me for this year, going away a bit for the holidays. Since this is the final from me for 2007, thought I'd do it by posting at least something, so here it is.

EDIT:
This preceded the bottom one:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r36/KooperUCP/FF.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r36/KooperUCP/RR.jpg
EDIT again: Just noticed I forgot mirrors on this one. Mmm, could be a problem that...

I tried to get the measurements much more accurate, but chances are some stuff might still be somewhat (or even a lot) off.

Anyways, have a great end-of-year everyone. Be seeing you in 2008. :)

Kooper
01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Got around to adding some mirrors, plus some other minor details.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r36/KooperUCP/KooperLM.jpg

And please don't be shy to add some comments either, even if it's "It sucks balls". I find the feedback extremely valuable.

...And besides, some conversation never hurt :D

The_Canuck
01-11-2008, 05:29 PM
maybe if the very front was just a little taller?

Kooper
01-11-2008, 05:32 PM
maybe if the very front was just a little taller?

It is a bit low, isn't it? I was thinking of maybe increasing the front overhang a bit too. Let me work on it a bit more and I'll post it up in a bit.

Other than that, do you think I'm improving a bit? I drew this along the lines of it having a 2700mm wheelbase, wheels 19" (or 20", can't quite remember :o ), driver 1.85m tall. Not sure if it looks accurate enough, going by those measures.

EDIT: Why the heck am I using so many "bit" bits in my sentences?

The_Canuck
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Looks pretty good other than the pointy front imo,,,

Kooper
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Looks pretty good other than the pointy front imo,,,

Thanks for the feedback Canuck :)

Kitdy
01-12-2008, 01:15 AM
I think it is a good overall design - it is like a GT1 homologation special or LMP-like car.

My complaint is that the wheel wells and the wheels don't form concentric circles. I think it would look better if the wheel wells and wheels fit together like they do in post #10, pic 1.

My 3 cents. Keep up the good work.

Kooper
01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I think it is a good overall design - it is like a GT1 homologation special or LMP-like car.

My complaint is that the wheel wells and the wheels don't form concentric circles. I think it would look better if the wheel wells and wheels fit together like they do in post #10, pic 1.

My 3 cents. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Kitdy, I'll fine-tune it a bit more and post up soon :)