PDA

View Full Version : Pikes Peak

kinan.f
05-25-2003, 07:24 AM
This concept car from Audi was presented at the north american motorshow a month,or so,ago.
It is a bloody reply from Audi to Porsche Cayenne as it is powered with twin turbo V8 500 bhp horse power and it is claimed to hit the 100 kmh in 4.7 secs!!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1585-1.jpg
check this out:This car is a cross over category car as it combines various elements:Luxury,Off road capabilities,power and space.
Lines are 100% Audi lovers appealing.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1585-5.jpg
The big question is:Would this babe survive,if launched soon,with players like the Cayenne,the Touareg and the X5 wings already spread around the world?
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file=car.mv&num=1585&left=

mcbrusen
05-25-2003, 07:32 AM
i like it :) especially the front, and it got great performance!

Scientist
05-26-2003, 12:37 AM
I like SUV's in general, but there are just too much new sport-SUV's made nowadays. And they all seem to be based on eachothers parts...(Cayenne-Touareg) (This Audi-That Maserati).

I hope this doesn't continue too long, if this does go on, we'll have Ferrari and Lamborghini making SUV's :mad:

kinan.f
05-26-2003, 02:32 AM
If thigs contiue this way we will see an F1 SUV soon:D

Scientist
05-26-2003, 03:58 AM
Well, we already had an F1 MPV (the Renault Espace right?) :D

motorhead
05-26-2003, 04:18 AM
SUVS that accelerate in less that 5 sec - wait a sec whats the point of that. and yes 99% of SUV buyers never and i mean never go offroading. they stay on road and yeah when the hell was there an SUV RACE. more like SUV drag and yes the cayenne that crap from porsche better go to hell when audi puts this killer on the assembly line but that would not happen anytime soon.i think its better they use this engine for the audi s8. their new s55 AMG killer. and the ACS7 killer(since they do not have a high powered luxury sedan) this looks awesome anyway you know why i'll tell you why - its an AUDI thats why. i am very bias towards audi because people just do not seem to realise what kind of cars they make - cars which KILL. their rs2, rs4 rs6 s3 s4 s6 s8 are all models which deserve a lot of respect. people think that they look normal like example the audi a4 avant looks like a rs4 or the rs4 looks like a a4 avant which ever way its still very good to look at but once you turn the bloody key and you hear that ever si inspiring V8 your whole concept of audi changes. an estate passing a FERRARI on the highway(ever thought of that)

ozexige
05-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Audi build the best convertible (TT) the best wagon (RS4) etc, etc. Why shouldn't they build the best SUV - because they can - and if my wife let me buy one - I'd sell my first born.:D

motorhead
05-26-2003, 09:41 PM
nice one

henk4
05-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ozexige
Audi build the best convertible (TT) the best wagon (RS4) etc, etc. Why shouldn't they build the best SUV - because they can - and if my wife let me buy one - I'd sell my first born.:D

Strange to read that somebody who is elsewhere referring to his son's health is now ready to sell his first born.

ozexige
05-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by henk4
Strange to read that somebody who is elsewhere referring to his son's health is now ready to sell his first born.

No - I asked him and he said it would be fine with him as long as he got to drive it.:D

motormaniac
05-27-2003, 11:08 PM
fantastic car!

motormaniac
05-27-2003, 11:09 PM
and yeah, there's no point in a fast suv.

kinan.f
05-27-2003, 11:53 PM
I think practicality is missing these days.It is becoming more fashionable to have a fast SUV:D

motorhead
05-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kinan.f
I think practicality is missing these days.It is becoming more fashionable to have a fast SUV:D
next x5 is gonna have seven seats - hows that for practicality - hehe

motormaniac
05-28-2003, 10:46 PM

finally, welcome to the practical suv league, x5!

kinan.f
05-29-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by motorhead
Then the Practicality Union should welcome their newest practical member:The X5.

motormaniac
05-29-2003, 02:09 AM
exactly

motorhead
05-29-2003, 03:04 AM
MAD people - who said practicality means seven seats - you know the xc90 - it has seven seats but the car is sooooooooooo cramped its better if you take away the extra two seats - i have sat in both cars and the x5 i would have to say is much more roomy and spacious - and by the way it has always been practical - huge boot - fantastic engine - good egronomics - equiptment list is good also and yes those wonderful looks - the only complain i have about the x5 is its ride - especially if it has the sport package - the ride is sooooooo sitff and sometimes its bone jarring - mad i can fell back aches coming - HELP

motormaniac
05-29-2003, 04:10 AM
have u sat in the back two seats of the xc90? obviosuly not, and they and surprisingly spacious

enough for a 5'8 to sit in there without having to cramp

and i have also sat in both cars and the xc90 is more comfortable