PDA

View Full Version : A New Twist On The F1 Scandal

lightweight
10-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Almost everything has been said and written concerning the F1 spy scandal.

That's right! ALMOST everything! Until now, we all knew that McLaren was the one who got information from Ferrari, right?

Well, according to Stepney himself, the information was flowing the other way, as well...

You can read all about it on F1 News - Grandprix.com (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19720.html)

Wouter Melissen
10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Why would he waited this long to tell the world?

orne
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
That's worth nothing without any proof...

faksta
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Why would he waited this long to tell the world?

He hasn't thought this up earlier ;)
I remember Ferrari have already sued Toyota for stealing the design a couple years ago.

EDIT: After reading an article it seems to me that Stepney feels angry about his failed attempts to **** Ferrari and here is the new try to make it...

ScionDriver
10-03-2007, 09:57 AM
That article has no obnjectiveity what-so-ever and no proof behind it. There is nothing to back up what Stepney says and there isn't even a byline on the article so how do we know the credibility?

Coventrysucks
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
That's worth nothing without any proof...

Ferrari had a dossier (illegally obtained - they had no court order allowing them to use the evidence from the police) of text messages and emails between Coughlan and Stepney, but the contents of those missives was not disclosed - in theory they could have been anything, and do not constitute "proof" of anything but communication between the two.

If it is acceptable to speculate, as Ferrari and the WMSC did, that these communications did contain Ferrari information, the reverse can be just as possible.

And would it not be unusual for Stepney to spill his guts to Coughlan, but for Coughlan to say nothing in return?

Especially if they were intending to both move to Honda - they would be sharing information between themselves.

s-d
10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I do believe him! There is no point that Coughlan could get all the information from Ferrari without giving anything in return! I've been thinking about that before this day. God, I hope that there will be just one single piece of evidence against Ferrari! Give them the same penalty as they gave McLaren! Zero points for 2008! I would love it! By the way, Jean and Luca: I hate you guys!

henk4
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
By the way, Jean and Luca: I hate you guys!

hardly a basis for objective contributions to this thread, I am afraid....

magracer
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought you were talking about the rumor about Mercedes buying out McLaren, and Ron Dennis leaving for Prodrive, and Lewis going along with Dennis for a hefty sum. See here:

Formula 1 : News FIA - F1-Live.com (http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071003090707.shtml)

Probably just a rumour, but a juicy one at that!

Zytek_Fan
10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought you were talking about the rumor about Mercedes buying out McLaren, and Ron Dennis leaving for Prodrive, and Lewis going along with Dennis for a hefty sum. See here:

Formula 1 : News FIA - F1-Live.com (http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071003090707.shtml)

Mercedes with total ownership would bring the team downhill. Just look at their lack of commitment over the past few years to build a decent engine. This is probably the first year in a long time that theres hasn't been a failed Mercedes engine every other grand prix.

fpv_gtho
10-03-2007, 10:16 PM

Thats not saying anything about McLaren and Mercedes splitting though, just Prodrive receiving more than customer support.

MadMax13
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Bollocks, he waited ALL this time to tell about it???. Its most likely a ploy to get back at Ferrari for a McLaren ****up...

Coventrysucks
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Bollocks, he waited ALL this time to tell about it???

He was probably waiting for his book to come out.

MadMax13
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Its just hella shady, not to mention if his story WAS true then it damaged to shit...