PDA

View Full Version : "You can make a difference assignment"

70cuda88
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
i have an assignment in one of my classes that tells us to illustrate the idea that one person can change the world for the better. This can apply to almost anything that you picture

if you have any ideas on how i could illustrate that or if you can give an idea on how one person could change the world for the better then please share.

magracer
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Three words for you: "pay it forward" :D :D :D

Seriously now, some sort of sponsored fun run with all they money being donated to a good cause.

clutch-monkey
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
hitler made a difference...
:D

henk4
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
hitler made a difference...
:D
the operative words are : "for the better"

whiteballz
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I guess it all depends on your POV.

But "Pay It Forward" is a brilliant movie, and may give you some ideas.

baddabang
10-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Just draw a picture of Drakkie.

drakkie
10-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Perhaps it'd be nice if you could do things to highlight project featuring Green Mobility. I know one for you that'd need some funding :rolleyes:

MadMax13
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Just look at any revolutionary, Che Guevara, Nelson Madela, Emiliano Zapata, Steve Biko, theres dozens...

IBrake4Rainbows
10-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Two Words - Rosa Parks.

Look her up ;)

Rockefella
10-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Martin Luther King is another one you could throw in the pot.

MadMax13
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Both are extremely cliche...

Rockefella
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Both are extremely cliche...

Because their impact was so great.

MadMax13
10-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Because those are the only responses people give, AMERICAN civil rights activists, and their impact on the world amounted to nothing...

kingofthering
10-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Because those are the only responses people give, AMERICAN civil rights activists, and their impact on the world amounted to nothing...

Well... he does live in America, so.... if you wanted people who altered the face of the earth, look at Stalin and Mao :p

Matra et Alpine
10-07-2007, 01:17 AM
As a car lover who may wish to avoid the obvious - Otto, Benz, Lyons etc --- how about John Loudon MacAdam (http://www.visitscotland.com/library/johnmacadam) -- no surprise he's a Scot :) Imagine the world without his creation :)
Remarks on the Present System of ... - Google Book Search (http://books.google.com/books?id=Nv0JAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Remarks+on+the+Present+System+of+Road+Making#PP A1,M1)

Rockefella
10-07-2007, 02:54 AM

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate America? I'm thinking it hovers around 9.5

IBrake4Rainbows
10-07-2007, 04:41 AM

any small impact there words or actions had changed the world.

Moreso than someone being so negative about their actions and those who bring attention to them.

MadMax13
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hate America? I'm thinking it hovers around 9.5

Here we go, if you hate war, imperialism and capitalism then youre anti american...

Come to think of it, yes...

MadMax13
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
any small impact there words or actions had changed the world.

Moreso than someone being so negative about their actions and those who bring attention to them.

Ask people around the world and they dont know who the **** they are, they may have briefly HEARD of them but dont know anything about them. However ask them who Nelson Mandela or Marcus Garvey were and they most likely know. American civil rights leaders are exactly that, american, and their impact was felt only in america...

Matra et Alpine
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Ask people around the world and they dont know who the **** they are, .
But that's all about "publicity" :)
The task is " the idea that one person can change the world "

So it's not so much WHO has WHAT :)
Hence the suggest of McAdam. Next to nobody knows that he existed or that he "invented" the asphalt surface but everyone benefits from it and everyone wants one to be past their house :)
So he is little known, but his "invention" made the wide adoption and usage of cars possible.

Likewise, Penicillin. We'd be a much smaller population on this world without it. How much of a "change" did the discoverer of THAT make ??

Personaly I think higher marks will be given for an unusal but effective person than one that everyone knows ( and the tutor has probably read reports on a thousand times )

VtecMini
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
But that's all about "publicity" :)
The task is " the idea that one person can change the world "

So it's not so much WHO has WHAT :)
Hence the suggest of McAdam. Next to nobody knows that he existed or that he "invented" the asphalt surface but everyone benefits from it and everyone wants one to be past their house :)
So he is little known, but his "invention" made the wide adoption and usage of cars possible.

Likewise, Penicillin. We'd be a much smaller population on this world without it. How much of a "change" did the discoverer of THAT make ??

Personaly I think higher marks will be given for an unusal but effective person than one that everyone knows ( and the tutor has probably read reports on a thousand times )On that basis, I'd throw Tesla in to the pot, too.

Matra et Alpine
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
On that basis, I'd throw Tesla in to the pot, too.But not Maxwell ? Without his electromagnetic equations none of the rest could have followed :)

kingofthering
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Einstein? Freud?

they altered the world

MadMax13
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Einstein? Freud?

they altered the world

American civil rights leaders did NOT alter the WORLD, they altered AMERICA...

IBrake4Rainbows
10-09-2007, 05:20 AM
America was one of the first countries in which slavery, segregation etc was abolished. leading the world in the practice.

Notice it was not THE first, but certainly one of the trendsetters.

tell me thats not changing the world.

Matra et Alpine
10-09-2007, 06:27 AM
America was one of the first countries in which slavery, segregation etc was abolished. leading the world in the practice.

erm ... NO.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Care to elaborate? or just be negative?

roosterjuicer
10-09-2007, 06:34 AM

tell me thats not changing the world.

youve got it backwards i think. i love america...ya'll know im one of the biggest flag wavers in here but America was one of the last "civilized" (for lack of a better word) to abolish slavery and segregation. the only major player to have a worse track record than america in that regard is south africa and south africa isn't really a major player.

to be honest as far as "changing the world, or making a difference" rosa/mlk/malcom x/all those civil rights leaders are little more than a drop in the barrel. first of all their contributions were not felt the world over, it was really just in America, and on top of that they didn't even really affect all of America just about 12 percent although they had a decent lasting impact for future generations their story is more of a "feel good story" rather than making a difference on a global scale.

if you wanna talk about one person making a difference (some say for the better, some would dissagree) talk about the ultimate difference maker...the person who eventually became the foundation for people like MLK, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, and 33% of the worlds population today. A person who directly led to America and various other countries being formed. some of the nicest people, and alternatively some of the biggest, most gruesom wars known to man...yeah thats right...im talking about JESUS CHRIST. He was one man who started from scratch and he has changed the world more than anyone else. And as much as you christian haters might say his followers or whatever do more harm than good, you gotta admit he has a huuuge influence and his teachers are legit and they are provided a lot more good than harm.

Another person who had a major impact on world events was gravilo princip. the guy who assassinated Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie which triggered world war 1, which led to world war two, which led to the cold war which ultimately led to a complete shift in the balance of power and ultimately has changed the course of world history, led to the atomic age (among many other technological revolutions space race, ect...). While many might say the outcome of his actions were bad, the bottom line is he single handedly made a huuuuge difference in the world.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
youve got it backwards i think. i love america...ya'll know im one of the biggest flag wavers in here but America was one of the last "civilized" (for lack of a better word) to abolish slavery and segregation. the only major player to have a worse track record than america in that regard is south africa and south africa isn't really a major player.

to be honest as far as "changing the world, or making a difference" rosa/mlk/malcom x/all those civil rights leaders are little more than a drop in the barrel. first of all their contributions were not felt the world over, it was really just in America, and on top of that they didn't even really affect all of America just about 12 percent although they had a decent lasting impact for future generations their story is more of a "feel good story" rather than making a difference on a global scale.

if you wanna talk about one person making a difference (some say for the better, some would dissagree) talk about the ultimate difference maker...the person who eventually became the foundation for people like MLK, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa, and 33% of the worlds population today. A person who directly led to America and various other countries being formed. some of the nicest people, and alternatively some of the biggest, most gruesom wars known to man...yeah thats right...im talking about JESUS CHRIST. He was one man who started from scratch and he has changed the world more than anyone else. And as much as you christian haters might say his followers or whatever do more harm than good, you gotta admit he has a huuuge influence and his teachers are legit and they are provided a lot more good than harm.

Another person who had a major impact on world events was gravilo princip. the guy who assassinated Archduke Ferdinand and his wife Sophie which triggered world war 1, which led to world war two, which led to the cold war which ultimately led to a complete shift in the balance of power and ultimately has changed the course of world history, led to the atomic age (among many other technological revolutions space race, ect...). While many might say the outcome of his actions were bad, the bottom line is he single handedly made a huuuuge difference in the world.

Thanks for clearing up my thoughts on that issue - i'm happy to be wrong if it's been explained properly to me.

You've come up with some interesting ideas actually - the Assassin is one i'd never have thought of.

Matra et Alpine
10-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Care to elaborate? or just be negative?
I think I was putting in as much work as you had in the original point :)

OK. I googled on your behalf to confirm some dates .....

23 February 1807: British Parliament votes to abolish the trade in slaves.
22 September 1862: Emancipation Proclamation issued by US President Abraham Lincoln.
1 January 1863: US Emancipation Proclamation comes into force.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-09-2007, 06:56 AM
I knew Britain was quite advanced in such matters - I've seen Amistad the movie.

I just assumed the American continent - considering the bloodshed and fighting that occured basically over slavery (and other factors) was a little more ahead of the curve then they were.

and for the record - i put in as much effort as i thought the argument was worth ;)

drakkie
10-09-2007, 07:39 AM

There is no real proof he even ever existed, just a book written many years afterwards. There have been very bloody wars in his name, mass murders and many great things as well :rolleyes: I wouldn't call a figure of any religion "good", except perhaps Buddha who despised violence. Every other major religion has blood on it's hands..

edit:
How about Rudolf Diesel or Ferdinand Porsche ?

MadMax13
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Some of you speak as if slavery was abolished and black folk instantly became equal, as if theyre equal now...

kingofthering
10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
George II of Great Britain

He colonized what we now know as America and introduced English. He also began the mass slaughter of the natives.

- MadMax13 - there's a difference between dissent and hatred.... and no shit sherlock.

my porsche
10-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Tienanmen's Square?
Nelson Mandela and De Klerk?

as if theyre equal now...

Good point, they get alot of things white people don't. College admissions preferential treatment is one that comes to mind.

MadMax13
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
George II of Great Britain

He colonized what we now know as America and introduced English. He also began the mass slaughter of the natives.

- MadMax13 - there's a difference between dissent and hatred.... and no shit sherlock.

Where the **** did you dig that up from, 50 posts ago???...

MadMax13
10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Tienanmen's Square?
Nelson Mandela and De Klerk?

Good point, they get alot of things white people don't. College admissions preferential treatment is one that comes to mind.

And you, dont even START to try to pull that ****ing SHIT!!!. All of a sudden some people at the top want to start giving people of color a leg up and white folk start bitching about it. If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...

Rockefella
10-10-2007, 01:14 AM
And you, dont even START to try to pull that ****ing SHIT!!!. All of a sudden some people at the top want to start giving people of color a leg up and white folk start bitching about it. If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...

You can eliminate prejudice in schools, the workplace, and in crime, but you can't ban racism.

roosterjuicer
10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
If your white you are less likely to get the death penalty, if you are white you are less likely to get life, if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...

Not that any of this has to do with a single person "making a difference" but here we go...

its simple economics. if you are white you are more likely to make more money. by making more money the parents of that predominantly white school can afford to give more donations and pay more taxes to make that school better in public schools thats how things are done, the schools are paid for by all the people in its area. by making more money white people can afford a lawyer or at least a better lawyer and thus in similar crimes can avoid the death penalty, or get a less than life sentance. thats how life works, look at oj. he had plenty of money and he got away with murder and guess what...he was black.

Matra et Alpine
10-10-2007, 05:59 AM
if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
NOT in all countries clearly !!
Sounds like you should do something local to get that fixed.

MadMax13
10-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree with all, in the US its a COUNTRY wide problem. As far as racism, no, you cant ban it, but what i was getting at was this new trend of white folk saying black folk have the preference in a country that, to this DAY, oppresses people of color, people from other countries, etc....

my porsche
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
if a school is predominantly white it will get more money over the predominantly black school, shall i continue???...
That's bullshit. :) Robinhood Act anyone?

Mr.Tiv
10-10-2007, 02:31 PM

That "shit," as you call it, is the truth. And it goes a lot further than just college admissions. Affirmative action can(and does) lead to a less capable minority getting hired over a more qualafied white person just because of skin color. Just because some one's black doesn't mean they deserve to be given a "leg up." Giving them that leg up isn't making descrimination go away; in fact, it seems it's actually a substantial source of race based descrimination.

MadMax13
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
That's bullshit. :) Robinhood Act anyone?

Uh, not bullshit, theres only been dozens of articles in the paper about it, from the education folk to the people that do statistics...

MadMax13
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
That "shit," as you call it, is the truth. And it goes a lot further than just college admissions. Affirmative action can(and does) lead to a less capable minority getting hired over a more qualafied white person just because of skin color. Just because some one's black doesn't mean they deserve to be given a "leg up." Giving them that leg up isn't making descrimination go away; in fact, it seems it's actually a substantial source of race based descrimination.

You have no ****ing idea what youre on about. Not only do white folk get hired over black folk across the country but an underqualified white man is more likely to get a job over an overqualified woman. White men have it the easiest in this country...

The_Canuck
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM

That was Columbus :p

MadMax13
10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Not that any of this has to do with a single person "making a difference" but here we go...

its simple economics. if you are white you are more likely to make more money. by making more money the parents of that predominantly white school can afford to give more donations and pay more taxes to make that school better in public schools thats how things are done, the schools are paid for by all the people in its area. by making more money white people can afford a lawyer or at least a better lawyer and thus in similar crimes can avoid the death penalty, or get a less than life sentance. thats how life works, look at oj. he had plenty of money and he got away with murder and guess what...he was black.

No as in grants from the state, updates to equipment, etc.. And as far as the judicial system, no, it has nothing to do with the lawyer, it has to do with the sentence they are given if they plead guilty or lose the case. Oh, and celebrities dont count, whether they are white or black they have money and therefore get away with more, another problem with this judicial system...

kingofthering
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I agree with all, in the US its a COUNTRY wide problem. As far as racism, no, you cant ban it, but what i was getting at was this new trend of white folk saying black folk have the preference in a country that, to this DAY, oppresses people of color, people from other countries, etc....

Several days ago, I remember reading a pretty damning account of how affirmitive action sucks. A certain supreme court justice bitched about how his Yale law degree was "worthless" because he got in based on color. So... I'm sure the other individual who couldn't get in because they were "overrepresented" would feel the same way.

Why do I have a feeling you're a self-loathing white man?

roosterjuicer
10-10-2007, 10:12 PM
And as far as the judicial system, no, it has nothing to do with the lawyer, it has to do with the sentence they are given if they plead guilty or lose the case.

mkay...who do you think sets up the "sentance they are given if they plead guilty" aka a "plea bargain"? And who do you think is responsible for putting forth a convincing or at least somewhat convincing case in front of a judge or jury so that if they do loose they dont get as bad of a punishment???

the answer to both questions is a lawyer.

kingofthering
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
That was Columbus :p

Columbus was an Italian who recieved Spanish funding and he landed somewhere around Cuba. :p

He didn't do anything for the natives except f**k them over :D

MadMax13
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
mkay...who do you think sets up the "sentance they are given if they plead guilty" aka a "plea bargain"? And who do you think is responsible for putting forth a convincing or at least somewhat convincing case in front of a judge or jury so that if they do loose they dont get as bad of a punishment???

the answer to both questions is a lawyer.

I can tell you Robert Downey Jr., another rich bitch, has been found guilty of Cocaine possesion, enough to be charged with "With Intent to Distribute", which, since he moved it across state lines, could be considered narco trafficking, has got nothing more than 10 times at rehab.
Another thing is i dont hear anyone bitching about the white folk that get a college education for free because they go to a black college, probably because they are taking their "white superiority" down there to teach the "savages" how to act...

my porsche
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I can tell you Robert Downey Jr., another rich bitch, has been found guilty of Cocaine possesion, enough to be charged with "With Intent to Distribute", which, since he moved it across state lines, could be considered narco trafficking, has got nothing more than 10 times at rehab.
Another thing is i dont hear anyone bitching about the white folk that get a college education for free because they go to a black college, probably because they are taking their "white superiority" down there to teach the "savages" how to act...

You are the most ill-informed person I've ever come across.

Robert Downey Jr. gets out of stuff because he is a celebrity...just like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan had been underage drinking, DUI etc. since they were 17 and didn't get anything for it.

White people probably get into an almost all black college because black colleges need to have diversity too.

Put the crack pipe down and get out a little more.

roosterjuicer
10-14-2007, 06:39 AM
k madmax im not gonna be as harsh on you as myporsche was but seriously dude...'cmon.

First of all, Robert Downey Jr, like lots of celebrities has lots of money and thus can get a good lawyer and work the system to his advantage we went over this before.

Secondly, ive never heard of a white person getting into an all black college. Especially not for free. but i could be wrong ive just never heard of it. are you sure its not some propoganda going on? Of course it is totally rediculous that there are "all black" colleges out there. if there was an "all white" college the ACLU, NAACP and all those other sharks would tear that place down overnight.

MadMax13
10-14-2007, 08:21 AM
You are the most ill-informed person I've ever come across.

Robert Downey Jr. gets out of stuff because he is a celebrity...just like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan had been underage drinking, DUI etc. since they were 17 and didn't get anything for it.

White people probably get into an almost all black college because black colleges need to have diversity too.

Put the crack pipe down and get out a little more.

Youre a ****ing idiot, so stop talking. Look it up dumbass, white people get into black colleges for free all the time on the sole basis that they are white and want to go to a black college...

MadMax13
10-14-2007, 08:25 AM
k madmax im not gonna be as harsh on you as myporsche was but seriously dude...'cmon.

First of all, Robert Downey Jr, like lots of celebrities has lots of money and thus can get a good lawyer and work the system to his advantage we went over this before.

Secondly, ive never heard of a white person getting into an all black college. Especially not for free. but i could be wrong ive just never heard of it. are you sure its not some propoganda going on? Of course it is totally rediculous that there are "all black" colleges out there. if there was an "all white" college the ACLU, NAACP and all those other sharks would tear that place down overnight.

HE WAS FOUND GUILTY EVERY TIME!!!. When you are found guilty, more than once, the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth times you usually get a harsher sentence, Downey, Hilton, Lohan and O.J got away with it because they are "celebs" and have money, the lawyer doesnt mean shit.
And yes, it does happen, and yes, there are all black colleges, Howard is just one of them. As far as the ACLU or NAACP are concerned the black population has their own black colleges so they have an offset, thats why they dont bitch and moan about it...

kingofthering
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM

It's interesting how you think it's justified if an African American can attend a "white" school based on diversity for nothing, yet when a white guy attempts to get into a predominately black school, it's automatically "racist" since there's gotta be a racist motive behind it.

According to your logic, people should (and are) bitching, because as an Chinese man attempting to go to a white school, I am taking my "Asian superiority" down to teach these "white heathens" how to act property, so I am a racist.

And one other thing, if you hate America and Capitalism so much, why do you live in Colorado? Come to Socialist California, capitol San Francisco. We're so utopian that we drive out businesses and the middle class and our main streets smell like piss.

roosterjuicer
10-15-2007, 06:56 AM
HE WAS FOUND GUILTY EVERY TIME!!!. When you are found guilty, more than once, the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth times you usually get a harsher sentence, Downey, Hilton, Lohan and O.J got away with it because they are "celebs" and have money, the lawyer doesnt mean shit.

k it sounds like we are going in circles here but if a celebrity didn't pay for a good lawyer and got crappy ones they would get harsher sentances thats a lawyers job...to get people out of trouble or get them the least possible punishment possible. if the celebs just had all there money sitting in the bank or even if they put a suitcase with 1 million dollars in it on the table they wouldn't get off any easier than a normal person...its when they give that money to a lawyer that they get away with stuff.
the "celebs" have "money" but this "money" doesn't do much for you sitting in the bank you have to exchange it for goods and services aka "legal services" to make it usefull. Another example is...just having money sitting in the bank doesn't make a ferarri magically appear, you gotta go down to the dealer and exchange your money for one.

MadMax13
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
It's interesting how you think it's justified if an African American can attend a "white" school based on diversity for nothing, yet when a white guy attempts to get into a predominately black school, it's automatically "racist" since there's gotta be a racist motive behind it.

According to your logic, people should (and are) bitching, because as an Chinese man attempting to go to a white school, I am taking my "Asian superiority" down to teach these "white heathens" how to act property, so I am a racist.

And one other thing, if you hate America and Capitalism so much, why do you live in Colorado? Come to Socialist California, capitol San Francisco. We're so utopian that we drive out businesses and the middle class and our main streets smell like piss.

For one, i black folk have to PAY to go to college, even if its a predominantly white college, its white folk that go to a black ONLY college that get in for free because they are white. Two, i never said ANYTHING about Chinese folk going to hite schools taking their superiority down there, if that have any superiority, and are you paying for it???. Third, i never said ANYTHING about being anti american, im sorry if stupid americans think that in order to be "patriotic" you have to defend EVERYTHING your government does, whether theyre torturing people, practicing colonialism or Manifest Destiny, or all of the above. So dont bitch at me because youre just another one of the dumbass nationalists that cant tell the difference between the two...

MadMax13
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
k it sounds like we are going in circles here but if a celebrity didn't pay for a good lawyer and got crappy ones they would get harsher sentances thats a lawyers job...to get people out of trouble or get them the least possible punishment possible. if the celebs just had all there money sitting in the bank or even if they put a suitcase with 1 million dollars in it on the table they wouldn't get off any easier than a normal person...its when they give that money to a lawyer that they get away with stuff.
the "celebs" have "money" but this "money" doesn't do much for you sitting in the bank you have to exchange it for goods and services aka "legal services" to make it usefull. Another example is...just having money sitting in the bank doesn't make a ferarri magically appear, you gotta go down to the dealer and exchange your money for one.

Whether you win or lose if you have multiple offenses your punishment gets harsher, your lawyer cant negotiate a plea of the same harshness every time unless the judge allows it...

my porsche
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Youre a ****ing idiot, so stop talking. Look it up dumbass, white people get into black colleges for free all the time on the sole basis that they are white and want to go to a black college...

Like I said...diversity. The reason white people get to go to "black colleges" for free "all the time" is probably because black colleges are more desperate for diversity sense they tend to be MUCH less diverse than predominantly white schools. Most predominantly white schools are around 75% white, while most predominantly black schools are in the mid90's. That and predominantly white schools (Pepperdine, Texas A&M, etc etc) tend to have alot higher quality of learning than predominantly black schools (Texas Southern, Prairie View A&M, Grambling etc...).

#1 Mustang Fan
10-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Ernest Rutherford, split the atom and changed the world.

timehAndGod
10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Ernest Rutherford, split the atom and changed the world.

Hmm that could be considered bad and good.

The beauty of Nuclear power/energy gets cancelled out with nukes.... or maybe the other way round...

I'll have to go with Jesus. He was important enough to have his death as the central point of time

#1 Mustang Fan
10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Hmm that could be considered bad and good.

The beauty of Nuclear power/energy gets cancelled out with nukes.... or maybe the other way round...

I'll have to go with Jesus. He was important enough to have his death as the central point of time

No one said the way that "the person" changed the world had to be good.

MadMax13
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Like I said...diversity. The reason white people get to go to "black colleges" for free "all the time" is probably because black colleges are more desperate for diversity sense they tend to be MUCH less diverse than predominantly white schools. Most predominantly white schools are around 75% white, while most predominantly black schools are in the mid90's. That and predominantly white schools (Pepperdine, Texas A&M, etc etc) tend to have alot higher quality of learning than predominantly black schools (Texas Southern, Prairie View A&M, Grambling etc...).

Black folk dont give a shit whether white folk go to their school or not, what they do give a shit about is the fact that they get in for free, black folk dont get that when they go to predominantly white schools because those schools are just predominantly white, not white only...

my porsche
10-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Black folk dont give a shit whether white folk go to their school or not, what they do give a shit about is the fact that they get in for free, black folk dont get that when they go to predominantly white schools because those schools are just predominantly white, not white only...

The black people who attend the university may not, but the administration more than likely does.

roosterjuicer
10-18-2007, 05:35 AM
thats one thing that has become popular the past couple years that i truly hate...diversity for diversity's sake. i think people should be let into school's based on merit, not on the color of their skin, not just to "promote diversity".

Also, if its a private university all black or all white (not that there are any specifically "white" universities) they should be able to let in or not let in whoever they want. If the black schools dont want whitey in there they shouldn't have to. Especially not for a reason as silly as "promoting diversity"

henk4
10-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Especially not for a reason as silly as "promoting diversity"

Watching Amercian news stations it is abundantly clear that there is very little attention for diversity.....my god do we want to know what goes on outside of our country?

drakkie
10-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Watching Amercian news stations it is abundantly clear that there is very little attention for diversity...

Atleast we should be happy with the Dutch Tv stations then. They have a lot of attention for diversity. Especially when trying to create it or highlight it in a negative way :o

nota
10-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Also, if its a private university all black or all white (not that there are any specifically "white" universities) they should be able to let in or not let in whoever they want. If the black schools dont want whitey in there they shouldn't have to. Especially not for a reason as silly as "promoting diversity"
Do you feel that 'Gods Country' should be obliged to promote diversity by not tolerating segregation based on race - or will Rosa Parks be returned to the back of the bus?

MadMax13
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
In the end white folk are getting into colleges for free while black folk are not. All should pay the same amount, unless they are trying to help the lower classes...

Sledgehammer
10-18-2007, 12:06 PM
In the end white folk are getting into colleges for free while black folk are not. All should pay the same amount, unless they are trying to help the lower classes...

Where are colleges letting whites in for free while blacks are forced to pay? Just give me one example of a single college where whites pay nothing and blacks pay fully due soly to the color of their skin.

Fiorano
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Here we go, if you hate war, imperialism and capitalism then youre anti american...Come to think of it, yes...

well lets be fair America is a product of imperialism (colonialism) and capitalism (the trade triangle) and this was siply a product of Imperial expansion of the European nations. and America is simply-like it or not(americans this means you) a child of Great Britain...
the Magna Carta was a strong bas to form the Constitution so on and so forth.

I feel current american policy a hypocritical puritan foundation, a plutocracy which exists so strongly it has become a psuedoaristocracy, and the exploitive nature of the system is enough to strongly disagree with it.
Although "anti-american" is a bit strong i think as strong as "anti-euro" or "anti-brit" because we are really all facets of a common culture...

who else can make a difference for the benefit of others?
there is always Siddartha...
that Jesus guy (although the religion which sprung has a shifty 'benefit for all' consequence..)

what about Al-jabr? he made up algebra- a must in any industrialized world
newton and his physics formulae and theories..

Dieter Meteschietz i love red bull...

Eisenhower or the crew of the Enola Gay- doubtful good contribution but arguments exist for and against...

Picasso, Dali, Matisse, Michelangelo- the world with out arts and a capturing of imagination would leave little for us to envision in the forms in cars we see...

these few people made biggerdifferences like pebbles thrown into a pond the ripples have been felt far and wide, even if slight.

Henry ford...production line assembly
Jean Paul Sartre....Hemingway...
My father (big in Nuclear Medicine- i mean very) My sister and her reformatory schools in New Engalnd area...my grandfather for exposing me to the list of everything I have presented...:D

UCP and all you nutters for making me think:p

Fiorano
10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Where are colleges letting whites in for free while blacks are forced to pay? Just give me one example of a single college where whites pay nothing and blacks pay fully due soly to the color of their skin.

ah yeah what are you going on about
i paid in full (and still paying off loans)
I am not black or anything other than a 57

kingofthering
10-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Sigh.....Remind me again why you live in America.

Why should white folk pay? Isn't that reverse discrimination?

Why don't we abolish capitalism and go to socialism? Then we'd truly be in paradise :rolleyes:

Sledgehammer
10-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Since I put what MadMax said in quotes, I was obviously refering to him.

my porsche
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM

Madmax has been saying the whole thread that white people get to go to college for free "all the time" whilst black people must pay exorbitant rates solely because they are black.

The_Canuck
10-18-2007, 03:48 PM

and Nazi...

kingofthering
10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Schrodinger

Changed the way we viewed the atom.

MadMax13
10-18-2007, 10:16 PM

If i remember correctly Howard is a "black only" college, yet it has white folk attending for free. There was a piece on the tele about it a day or so ago, named a shitload of "black only" colleges that this is occuring in...

MadMax13
10-18-2007, 10:18 PM
well lets be fair America is a product of imperialism (colonialism) and capitalism (the trade triangle) and this was siply a product of Imperial expansion of the European nations. and America is simply-like it or not(americans this means you) a child of Great Britain...
the Magna Carta was a strong bas to form the Constitution so on and so forth.

I feel current american policy a hypocritical puritan foundation, a plutocracy which exists so strongly it has become a psuedoaristocracy, and the exploitive nature of the system is enough to strongly disagree with it.
Although "anti-american" is a bit strong i think as strong as "anti-euro" or "anti-brit" because we are really all facets of a common culture...

who else can make a difference for the benefit of others?
there is always Siddartha...
that Jesus guy (although the religion which sprung has a shifty 'benefit for all' consequence..)

what about Al-jabr? he made up algebra- a must in any industrialized world
newton and his physics formulae and theories..

Dieter Meteschietz i love red bull...

Eisenhower or the crew of the Enola Gay- doubtful good contribution but arguments exist for and against...

Picasso, Dali, Matisse, Michelangelo- the world with out arts and a capturing of imagination would leave little for us to envision in the forms in cars we see...

these few people made biggerdifferences like pebbles thrown into a pond the ripples have been felt far and wide, even if slight.

Jean Paul Sartre....Hemingway...
My father (big in Nuclear Medicine- i mean very) My sister and her reformatory schools in New Engalnd area...my grandfather for exposing me to the list of everything I have presented...:D

UCP and all you nutters for making me think:p

I know all of that, i was simply taking the piss because i recieved the standard response when one does not show nationalism, otherwise known as "patriotism" in fascist countries...

whiteballz
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
If i remember correctly Howard is a "black only" college, yet it has white folk attending for free. There was a piece on the tele about it a day or so ago, named a shitload of "black only" colleges that this is occuring in...

I've been reading this debate with intrest - and I think madmax, your running around in circles. you keep stating the same loose facts, and fail to provide proof that whites get in free, even the above quite said "If i remember correctly" - thats not a good way to run a debate.

Glisson
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
It's all encapsulated in "Imagine"
Listen to John Lennon and then think of his demise !!
Mans inhumanity to man will never end as he has become too clever for his own good !
While there is one who has more than the other this strife will not end even if there are only 2 left on the planet !!
My concern is not with mans inhumanity to man it is with his inhumanity to everything around him !!!
Bug

MadMax13
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I've been reading this debate with intrest - and I think madmax, your running around in circles. you keep stating the same loose facts, and fail to provide proof that whites get in free, even the above quite said "If i remember correctly" - thats not a good way to run a debate.

Well, i cant seem to find the article i read a few weeks ago, but ill keep looking, and the tv bit i cant find for obvious reasons. Nine times out of ten i read about these things only to then watch a news bit about them and then the subject comes up several weeks after that, by that time all my fact backing material has either been deleted or is soo far in the thread pile that its almost impossible to find...