PDA

View Full Version : Who here has spent a Friday night studying?

blingbling
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes, apparantly I have been so into the books recently that I completely forgot about halloween coming up. I don't know if anyone has felt this before but, when you have been cramming for long enough, it just consumes you. It becomes habitual, people start to think you are weird, and anything below a B+ just becomes unacceptable. Your social life is in shambles (exagerration, it may just look like it but, i believe my sanity is still intact). I still plan to let loose and perhaps get arrested once exams are over though.

But yes, I have never touched a book on a Friday night before. Wow. Sometimes I wish in high school I was what people would have called a nerd. Who the hell cares right?

Quiggs
10-27-2007, 01:46 PM
College is not the time to be wasting doing stupid stuff like reading, writing essays, and preparing for your future. It's meant to be 4 years of drunken debauchery. Go find one of those slutty inebriated nurses and get crackin'!

baddabang
10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes, apparantly I have been so into the books recently that I completely forgot about halloween coming up. I don't know if anyone has felt this before but, when you have been cramming for long enough, it just consumes you. It becomes habitual, people start to think you are weird, and anything below a B+ just becomes unacceptable. Your social life is in shambles (exagerration, it may just look like it but, i believe my sanity is still intact). I still plan to let loose and perhaps get arrested once exams are over though.

But yes, I have never touched a book on a Friday night before. Wow. Sometimes I wish in high school I was what people would have called a nerd. Who the hell cares right?

Not on a Friday night. Friday nights are for blowing off steam and stress relief from the nonsense you put up with Monday-Thursday.

baddabang
10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
College is not the time to be wasting doing stupid stuff like reading, writing essays, and preparing for your future. It's meant to be 4 years of drunken debauchery. Go find one of those slutty inebriated nurses and get crackin'!

QFT. <3 slutty inebriated nurses.

fisetdavid26
10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
QFTMFT! You speak troof, kiddo. <3

NSXType-R
10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I've done that before. It's normal.

clutch-monkey
10-27-2007, 04:00 PM
i have...especially leading up to exams, or if there is an exam on the saturday.

johnnynumfiv
10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm so glad I dropped out of school.

Vindesh17
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
I have, its nothing to be ashamed of.

Quiggs
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm so glad I dropped out of school.

GED ftmfw.

johnnynumfiv
10-27-2007, 07:11 PM
GED ftmfw.

I graduated from highschool in the top 10% of my class.:)

2ndclasscitizen
10-27-2007, 08:44 PM
No. Stuff is due Friday so it's thursday night. Was there till 330am this thursday editing a video postcard, and someone who was also in there had the brilliant idea of getting a case of beer. Final Cut Pro lameness + case of Carlsberg = not much getting done.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Friday nights? not really.

Weekends - I went to bed at 4:30am this morning.

<3 Architectural models. </3 cans of Double Black.

drakkie
10-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Friday night I work until midnight. I then pick up one of my friends, also working, from his ship. Then we head to other friends and usually drink empty a case of beer (offcourse not with the car anymore, we live 100 metres apart).

But yes, last school year I have spent entire weekends doing other people's work on a certain project.

Cyco
10-28-2007, 04:31 AM
Done both the study and the self medicated nurses.

Nurses are more fun, but don't exactly help your marks :p

cmcpokey
10-28-2007, 06:08 AM
i studied a lot on fridays while i was in college. if we werent going out until 10-11 at night, i would study for a few hours up to that point. but then again, i did spend a lot of nights in studying without ever going out.

also a good thing to do is invite female friends over to study, then start drinking while studying. usually the study topic will switch to anatomy before too much longer.

blingbling
10-28-2007, 11:59 AM
But yes, last school year I have spent entire weekends doing other people's work on a certain project.**** well I hope you got paid for it
also a good thing to do is invite female friends over to study, then start drinking while studying. usually the study topic will switch to anatomy before too much longer.just.. wtf!??

whiteballz
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
also a good thing to do is invite female friends over to study, then start drinking while studying. usually the study topic will switch to anatomy before too much longer.

I <3 this guy.

clutch-monkey
10-28-2007, 04:24 PM
pretty much all study groups in my course are 95% female thanks to the sex ratio. this is good and bad simultaenously

whiteballz
10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
pretty much all study groups in my course are 95% female thanks to the sex ratio. this is good and bad simultaenously

Bad because you dont have enough roophies?

MadMax13
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I spent MY Friday night in class, and will do the same two weeks from now...

MRR
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
I've done that before. It's normal.

So I'm not the only one

NSXType-R
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
So I'm not the only one

Nope. That's why my occupation is listed as "student". :rolleyes:

Bentley_GT
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I have!

Smithman
11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
There were the occasional Friday nights spent studying.... but they usually ended by going out late night or else having an awesome Saturday to make up for it.

Waugh-terfall
11-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I spend every Friday working, I never go to parties, I work work work, like today, taking a break at the moment

MRR
11-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I spend every Friday working, I never go to parties, I work work work, like today, taking a break at the moment

Sounds like my life right now. Except the breaks seem to find me cause I need a computer to do half my school work.

NSXType-R
11-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll be studying a good bit less now. I just took my last SAT. Yes, I can finally live a little and breathe a bit easier now. :D

Of course, I'll still study for school. But, the pressure is far less now.