PDA

View Full Version : FXX on the roads

faksta
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1405/fxxfn5.jpg
Just read about some guy in Europe that went to hit the roads in his FXX. Illegal drives, of course... But finally he decided to make his Ferrari road-legal. And you know, he was answered that it is quite possible, and he even doesn't need to rebuild the car, except some minor changes. Though he would pay about 10% of the car's price, i.e. near $250.000...
Don't know who it is and where exactly did it happen, but here's the first FXX "stolen" from Ferrari program. :D Unless it is someone's bad joke.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9155/fxx2vb3.jpg

kigango123
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
how much did he have to do. i mean it is just a modified enzo but he did have to mess with the engine or change the muflers or something.

faksta
11-01-2007, 09:27 AM
how much did he have to do. i mean it is just a modified enzo but he did have to mess with the engine or change the muflers or something.

Unfortunately, I don't know. I wrote all I knew...

drakkie
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I can imagine tere'd have to be some changes in the suspension. The muflers would have to be adapted, perhaps lights would have to be added and sharp edge's removed and probably some more :) But as always, with money everything is possible.

ScionDriver
11-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I bet Ferrari isn't very happy. This was a development program, it was for track days and to be updated, the owners can't sell them I don't think and as why not just go out and get an Enzo, the purpose of this car isn't for the street, it would suck on the street. It just seems stupid to me, but hey what do I know?

faksta
11-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I can imagine tere'd have to be some changes in the suspension. The muflers would have to be adapted, perhaps lights would have to be added and sharp edge's removed and probably some more :) But as always, with money everything is possible.

Man, are you sure these are 'minor changes'? :D

drakkie
11-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Man, are you sure these are 'minor changes'? :D

Especially when put on a English license almost everything will be approved or the streets.. The Tiger R6 kitcar we have been working on will also be shipped there, put on a British license and be shipped back and much easier be put on a Dutch license.

Department for Transport - The Single Vehicle Approval Scheme (http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/importsapproval/thesinglevehicleapprovalscheme?page=2#a1005)

faksta
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Switzerland! SWITZERLAND! Anywhere but there - amazing!

Hey, wait a minute – we thought you couldn't actually purchase the Ferrari FXX, let alone take one out to cavort on the streets of Switzerland. The way it was originally explained, people with 2.5 million dollars to dispose of could purchase the privelege to plant their hindquarters in the driver's seat for Maranello-sanctioned track events. You've got to have some serious juice to get an FXX to begin with, and then to get it legalized for use in Switzerland takes even more pull. When we say "crazy rich" we don't mean nutty with lots of money. "Crazy rich" in this instance means Scrooge McDuck style swimming in dubloons. Looking in the background of these pictures, you can see lesser vehicles fleeing for their lives. The FXX is keeping a particularly close eye on a tasty Fiat at one point. What's apparently going down in the photos is an FXX getting legally tagged for street driving after being gone over by inspectors in Zurich. The price of the inspection and tags was reportedly around $250,000, a mere ten percent of the initial cost. With an FXX as your personal car, you won't have to worry about blending in, and we must say it's refreshing to see a Ferrari in a color besides Rosso Corsa.

Source: Autoblog (http://autoblog.com)

dydzi
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

there are lights in the back in a stock FXX, even indicators

however i'm still not convinced. you can't hit the street with exhaust tips so high as it'd smoke people; note there aren't any pics of it being used on the street (in front of foitek dealership i assume), it may have been just deloaded from a truck and that's it. that car haven't been to any of FXX events and to the best of my knowledge it changed hands without the knowledge of ferrari

faksta
11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
note there aren't any pics of it being used on the street

Don't worry, I did :) Actually, I don't understand this, too. At last, would it pass 'sound exams', CO2 and so on?

NSXType-R
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't worry, I did :) Actually, I don't understand this, too. At last, would it pass 'sound exams', CO2 and so on?

I highly doubt it, because the engine isn't tuned to be in the slightest bit to be thrifty with gas.

magracer
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
why not just go out and get an Enzo

Exactly my thougths!

So let's recap, he paid a premium to have a track only car, and then he paid lots to get the car to road standards. Some people have too much money!

coolieman1220
11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
if u can afford one, i'm sure u can pay off the cops!

zeppelin
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Hell yeah, if I had one of these I'd take it for midnight street blasts all the time. Blue and red lights pull up behind you? All it'd take is one press of the accelerator, goodbye.

werty
11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
actually the car is so fast...the cops would sense that something light blue jusy flew by and then 2 seconds later...after its gone...the sound wave comes rumbling behind:D

"did you see that billy?" "see what fred?" "That light blue flash of light that just went by" "huh?"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH RROOOOOOAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!

lol @ my "fxx sound"