PDA

View Full Version : Der Michael back in F1 !

drakkie
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Just hearing this on the radio. He will be test driving the Ferrari's as he has experience in driving without aids and all the new drivers don't. That's all the info they gave.

Awesome news though :cool:

ScionDriver
11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Meh. We all knew he was with Ferrari in some capacity, he loves the sport, I kind of figured he couldn't stay away forever. Here's hoping he does not become a Michael Jordan-esque guy with 2 or 3 half-assed comebacks where he never regains his previous dominating form.

Gardin
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Mmm... Rumours are a plenty, but if he ever returns to formula one I think he will have to work harder now because there are some very good drivers in competetive teams. Not like the old days where he had the very best car and was the best driver. I don't think he will ever make an ass out of him self, he is still an awesome driver and will hold his own next to any other driver, but they will fight him hard... That's what I think anyway, but I seriously doubt that he will race in formula one again, but it would be exiting to see though... 2007 was the most exiting year in formula one that I can remember, and I have been watching for many years...

Coventrysucks
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
WDC 2008

Schumacher vs Hakkinen?

RacingManiac
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
WDC 2008

Schumacher vs Hakkinen?

that'll be awesome...lol

fisetdavid26
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
that'll be awesome...lol
An epic battle 10 years after the original. Time flies...

RacingManiac
11-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Before this year's 3 way, that 2000 season was pretty intense.....and relatively free of controversy....

KFA-R
11-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Before this year's 3 way, that 2000 season was pretty intense.....and relatively free of controversy....

we havent seen the likes of racing like that since that season... and sadly i dont think we will see it again... F1 is getting too big and these controversies will just continue out of control i think... i hope not but i am getting that feeling

RogueGNL
11-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Just hearing this on the radio. He will be test driving the Ferrari's as he has experience in driving without aids and all the new drivers don't. That's all the info they gave.

I didn't know he had aids. :eek: I bet you were going for "aides". :)

Wouter Melissen
11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
He was quickest of the 20-odd car field today. Traction control off will be fun to watch:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/johnny/Schumi_Barcelona_TC_OFF.gif

Kitdy
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
He was quickest of the 20-odd car field today.

Brilliant. Anyone know what a hot lap at the Circuit de Catalunya is roughly? Schumacher did a 1:21.992. Is that fast? I presume he put some mustard on his lap as to come out at the top but are these times comparable to actual race times?

For that matter, how similar are these cars they are driving now to the ones they will be using next year?

RacingManiac
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
well the tires are the same, I don't believe BS is changing the compound, no TC. Aero will be different(as in improving in the 08 car), and probably the throttle by wire control system will be different to, which apparently is what Ferrari wants to test here. Interesting to note that Ferrari's 07 car may be more suited to TC-free driving as it does have that longer wheelbase, which will make it less twitchy.....I don't think the times are comparable to their visit early in the year to Catalunya, as it is colder now, and I think it was damp for part of the day....

Schumi definitely still got the touch...

go.pawel
11-14-2007, 12:54 AM
I didn't know he had aids. :eek: I bet you were going for "aides". :)

No, I'm pretty sure he meant "aids". As in "driver aids". :)

fpv_gtho
11-14-2007, 01:05 AM
I dont think we'll be seeing many slides like that during the races though. I think there'll be alot more cars snapping sideways and going reverse into the gravel.

MRR
11-14-2007, 09:00 PM

You think he will drive for Ferrari again? I thought they already had a line up for 2008.

Kitdy
11-14-2007, 10:11 PM
You think he will drive for Ferrari again? I thought they already had a line up for 2008.

Well, according to the man himself: "I do not even consider returning to Formula 1. I am just here to have a bit of fun."

If I were to claim a stake, I would agree with him. It would be kinda cool if he hadn't retired to see him against Lewis but alas, it was not to be.

torque55
11-15-2007, 04:14 AM
aside from setting the fastest time, and making the other drivers wonder whats wrong with their driving, i think he is going to test again in jerez.
he must be getting a real kick especially without the stress of being the # 1 driver. :rolleyes:

fpv_gtho
11-15-2007, 04:50 AM
I think its more than that. Just look at his ride on the Ducati, he was 5 seconds off Pedrosa's pole time after being 15 seconds off the pace 2 years ago. Sure, the 2007 bikes have alot of electronics and such but thats a massive gap to make up by simply training. I think its just the pressure to perform has gone in total, and he's able to fully enjoy himself.