PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me...

faksta
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
You know, among the other models I had 1:48 Thomas Flyabout by Matchbox - it was my dad's when he was a child. Of course, when I was born, I played it and broke... so, it stood in a board for some time awaiting restoration maybe. When I read Sledgehammer's thread about 1908 Great Auto Race from New York to Paris I remembered it and decided to do something with it - to repair a bit, maybe... But.... DAMN!!! Then I realized that about a year ago I considered that it couldn't be restored and got rid of it... :( :( I feel so stupid...

Model details (http://moy.robbinsplace.com/frames/y12_2.htm)

LeonOfTheDead
11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
think about it ;)

nota
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
:( :( I feel so stupid...
Mate you're not alone

Although my Dad paid almost slave-labour rates, I worked like hell for pocket money as a kid in the 1960s and managed to amass a pretty good collection, with help at Xmas and birthdays. My favourites were the nicely detailed Corgi models, about 30 of those amongst other goodies. They're all gone now, but when I think back to them, and what they might be worth today ..

The orginal '60s James Bond Aston Martin, fully featured
Citroen DS Safari, early series with all the extras
Holden EJ Premier, now super rare
Corvette Sting Ray '63 in candy red
Olds Toronado introductory model
Lambo Muira
Ford Capri Classic
Lagonda
1959 Chev Batwing x 2
Talbot Lago racer

(((sigh)))

:)

LeonOfTheDead
11-09-2007, 11:25 AM
i am collecting 1:43 models since four years, and it is pretty expensive, but now i have something like 130 models (need to check), but i am very proud of them.
some months ago, i noticed that the decals from the front a the Abarth 131 Rally Car were damaged, and it took a lot of time to restored them, nearly an afternoon. now it is like new.

faksta
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM
i am collecting 1:43 models since four years, and it is pretty expensive, but now i have something like 130 models (need to check), but i am very proud of them.
some months ago, i noticed that the decals from the front a the Abarth 131 Rally Car were damaged, and it took a lot of time to restored them, nearly an afternoon. now it is like new.

1:43 is the best scale for collecting, actually :rolleyes: doesn't take too much space and still detailed enough. Abarth 131 Rally is interesting, you should be proud that you took a part in preparing a historic rally car :D .

LeonOfTheDead
11-09-2007, 01:47 PM
you should be proud that you took a part in preparing a historic rally car :D .

that's what i call the right point of you!