PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson 2008 Camaro!

werty
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Look what I found! :D :cool:

Barrett-Jackson - The World's Greatest Collector Car Events™ (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=1581)

Sweeney921
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I want your car.

werty
11-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I want your car.

me too...oh wait:p

yea I'm gonna miss it, but someone else will have fun with it....they better keep it as clean as I have...or else *insert death smiley* :p

baddabang
11-25-2007, 03:19 PM
What are you expecting it to go for?

werty
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
What are you expecting it to go for?

hopefully more than what went into it

Rockefella
11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
hopefully more than what went into it

That's not much help. ;)

johnnynumfiv
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd guess somewhere around 60g's. It's too bad you have to sell her. I'm doing another 69 rs/ss L89 vert, garnet red/white top right now thats going to auction in january.

Clivey
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Look what I found! :D :cool:

Barrett-Jackson - The World's Greatest Collector Car Events™ (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=1581)

Why? Why sell such a beautiful machine? :confused:

CdocZ
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM

To buy a nagger....I mean wife, perhaps? Sucky reason though....

Quiggs
11-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll give you tree-fiddy.

Matra et Alpine
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Because it'll makes sack loads of money. The prices at B-J amazes me and the way they manage to talk-up the bidders :) :) Love the show :) :)

johnnynumfiv
11-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Because it'll makes sack loads of money. The prices at B-J amazes me and the way they manage to talk-up the bidders :) :) Love the show :) :)

The prices amaze me also, the amount of money the auction(~16% total) takes is amazing too.

werty
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd guess somewhere around 60g's.

just times that by 2 and you'd be right;) I'll say nothing else concerning it's value

johnnynumfiv
11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
just times that by 2 and you'd be right;) I'll say nothing else concerning it's value

I don't see what would make it worth that amount, but we'll just have to see.

werty
11-25-2007, 06:42 PM

this isn't anything like the car you built. Trust me. The paint is worth more than the car you built.

EDIT: not trying to be rude, but you've been on my case today

johnnynumfiv
11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
this isn't anything like the car you built. Trust me. The paint is worth more than the car you built.

EDIT: not trying to be rude, but you've been on my case today

Haha I know I have, but the last camaro went for 125K....:D

The L89 in these camaros are worth as much as a Z/28, seriously.

Matra et Alpine
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
As an outsider watching B-J auctions, it reeks of the worst of excesses.
Bidding prices go up on the cajouling of the agents and so many are clearly being sold for ego purposes or to making son feel important.
Jeez pop, give your kids love not $100k of posineur metal.
SOOO many of the engines clearly aren't used, it's sad.
Like the European/world classic car business before the crash in the 90s.
Glad we left all that BS behind

werty
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
^ you should come sometime...the stuff they dont show on tv is CRAZY!!!

Matra et Alpine
11-26-2007, 04:46 AM
^ you should come sometime...the stuff they dont show on tv is CRAZY!!!
Wish I'd known about it when I spent so much time over there. The thought it was on and I was in the "neighbourhood" really pisses me off now :(

Certainly can see me planning one of my future extended stays to cover the visit. BUT I'll leave the cheque book behind ... coudl definately see me getting talked into bidding by the sales guys :)

werty
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Wish I'd known about it when I spent so much time over there. The thought it was on and I was in the "neighbourhood" really pisses me off now :(

Certainly can see me planning one of my future extended stays to cover the visit. BUT I'll leave the cheque book behind ... coudl definately see me getting talked into bidding by the sales guys :)

WE'll you would have to have a bidders pass...which is $500 I believe

but I know what you mean. Every time I go I wish I could buy everything:p

Matra et Alpine
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
WE'll you would have to have a bidders pass...which is $500 I believe
WHat's the deal on press passes ?
THinking I coudl blag a UCP gillet from WOuter :)

werty
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
WHat's the deal on press passes ?

I'm not sure on that. I usually just walk around the ropes and start taking pictures...I see people get stopped all the time..but I'm invisible:D

but in all seriousness, you dont need any pass. this is how the event is set up

every single car is there from monday to sunday. You can walk up to any of them during that entire period...even after they are sold and take pictures. Obviously you can't get in them, but if you wait for lunchtime you can get a good shot of the car without people in the way.

On TV all they show is the auction booth. But outside they have massive tents set up...with all the cars under them. At the entrance the company sponsering the event shows off there cars. Last three times it was Chrylser and Ford...they have all their high end models and concepts. In 2006 they had a blue SLR and separate SLR engine/tranny. Then as you pass that you see a dyno booth with two cars (last time it was 2 Gt500's). You can enter to race the 1/4 mile. After that they have about a billion vendors under the front tent....where you can buy just about anything. for example...a signed elvis guitar...or an old piece of paper signed by every single US president...something like $250,000. and other random super expensive stuff.

Then the auction booth and stands..which gets bigger every year.

After than are the long tents filled with the high end cars that made the most money. Probably 100 cars there...the rest are outside under the smaller tents.

Also outside they have drift events...you can enter to go for a ride with a pro. Last time they had Ken gushi (however you spell it) driving a 700hp GT500

And even a school bus mosnter truck giving rides.

and a butt load of different resturant booths set up everywhere you look

the main tent with the auction booth is supposedly the largest tent in the world.

Rockefella
11-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Speak english.

werty
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
update....

ok well today was a sad day, the Camaro was shipped up to phoenix today...my dad and I followed:D

dropped it off at BJ and took a few pics

this year I will be there tuesday-thursday..saturday and sunday:eek::cool:

when the camaro came off the trailer...most people stopped what they were doing and came over to watch...we had a little car show right on the spot:cool: A bidder from Australia came over and asked me a bunch of questions. in the pics showing the car being lifted up into the trailer before we left...you will notice the white dodge truck....random people pulled over to watch:p...he was one of about 15....in a 30 minute pick up:p:cool:

I've spent the last 2 weeks detailing every square inch of the car and it is cleaner than clean! The paint is just insane. New wheels and tires as well...I put those on last week...btw yes that is werty in the last picture

F1_Master
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM

At Barrett Jackson, nothing has to be on a car to make it worth what it sold for. They sold the first ever Ford Mustang Conv. for $5 million just weeks ago.:eek:

baddabang
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
update....

ok well today was a sad day, the Camaro was shipped up to phoenix today...my dad and I followed:D

dropped it off at BJ and took a few pics

this year I will be there tuesday-thursday..saturday and sunday:eek::cool:

when the camaro came off the trailer...most people stopped what they were doing and came over to watch...we had a little car show right on the spot:cool: A bidder from Australia came over and asked me a bunch of questions. in the pics showing the car being lifted up into the trailer before we left...you will notice the white dodge truck....random people pulled over to watch:p...he was one of about 15....in a 30 minute pick up:p:cool:

I've spent the last 2 weeks detailing every square inch of the car and it is cleaner than clean! The paint is just insane. New wheels and tires as well...I put those on last week...btw yes that is werty in the last picture

I think you might be there for the ZR1 auction. Take some pics for me.

WTF FedEx ships cars?

werty
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I think you might be there for the ZR1 auction. Take some pics for me.

WTF FedEx ships cars?

yea we found out this morning fedex has a new line of car shippers:cool: the truck was brand new:D

im not sure if the zr1 or 2009 camaro will be there...I did see this though...a teal green/grey...must be a one off

and that new brabus sl500 was right next to it...ill snap some good pics next week and uploadthem at night tues-thurs for you guys

when i was there today, hardly anything was set up...they are still working around the clock over there

johnnynumfiv
01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
At Barrett Jackson, nothing has to be on a car to make it worth what it sold for. They sold the first ever Ford Mustang Conv. for $5 million just weeks ago.:eek:

There is a lot of weird stuff that goes on at barrett jackson, most of it is fake. I've heard there is quite the long line of lawsuits going on with the company.

Kitdy
01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
There is a lot of weird stuff that goes on at barrett jackson, most of it is fake. I've heard there is quite the long line of lawsuits going on with the company.

What do you mean by fake?

F1_Master
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm guessing he means things are false, such as this car is "so and so" and that car was the "first so and so".

werty
01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
its up to the buyer to validate authenticity of a car

all cars are sold as is...so its there own fault

clutch-monkey
01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
i can see why that can cause issues...

2ndclasscitizen
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
its up to the buyer to validate authenticity of a car

all cars are sold as is...so its there own fault

Hmm, not really. It's misrepresentation of goods by the seller.

werty
01-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Hmm, not really. It's misrepresentation of goods by the seller.

I wasnt making that up. its in the bidders contract. If they want an orignal engine...look at the vin and look at the block...if the numbers dont match up then dont buy it if your looking for original only;)

makes perfect sense to me...a lot of the cars have really good documentation anyways

johnnynumfiv
01-12-2008, 09:11 PM
What do you mean by fake?

By fake I mean, part of Barrett-Jackon's own collection and being bought back by them, planted bidders, owners buying back their own cars, shenanigans like that.

werty
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
just got home...gonna take better zr1 pics on tuesday wednesday and thursday...battery was dying:( but this should hold you guys over until tuesday:D

werty
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
couple more

like i said, wait for tuesday when i have a fresh battery and people out of the way...today was "family day"

clutch-monkey
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
wheels on the ZR-1 look a bit too chrome there, and the interior looks perfectly functional but not anything special, but hey they made the engine bay look better than the interior which is fine by me..damn hot.
in the first ZR-1 pic, what's the orange/red car behind it?

werty
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
wheels on the ZR-1 look a bit too chrome there, and the interior looks perfectly functional but not anything special, but hey they made the engine bay look better than the interior which is fine by me..damn hot.
in the first ZR-1 pic, what's the orange/red car behind it?

Um I'm not sure...i was in a chevy tent right there...it may be the new malibu all dressed up. I'll take a look again on tuesday

F1_Master
01-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Werty, what day does your Camaro go up? Day 1 has only showed one Camaro, and seems to be a slow day. Highest priced car has so far been $68,000 I believe.

werty
01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
the only big days are friday sat and sun

it goes up sunday

I was walking around the staging booths yesterday when they started filming...

whiteballz
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
The orange thing looks like a G8 or whever they rebadge a VE commo...

pat_ernzen
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
The orange thing looks like a G8 or whever they rebadge a VE commo...
It is. It's actually bright red, it's just bad lighting for photos.
Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Barrett-Jackson 2008/IMG 1702 (http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=127&pos=112)

I'm doing pretty damn extensive coverage of Barrett-Jackson and the other three auctions in the area this year.
Desert-Motors.com :: Scottsdale Auctions '08 (http://www.desert-motors.com/auctions_2008/)

I'm actually just about to head up there for the third time, werty, so if I'll try to find some cars to grab some pics.

clutch-monkey
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
ah i suspected as much, is it the '50 cent' G8? looks similar..still don't really like th epontiac front, though.

F1_Master
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
ah i suspected as much, is it the '50 cent' G8? looks similar..still don't really like th epontiac front, though.
Yep. I think it was done by Unique Autosports.

baddabang
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
It is. It's actually bright red, it's just bad lighting for photos.
Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Barrett-Jackson 2008/IMG 1702 (http://desert-motors.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=127&pos=112)

I'm doing pretty damn extensive coverage of Barrett-Jackson and the other three auctions in the area this year.
Desert-Motors.com :: Scottsdale Auctions '08 (http://www.desert-motors.com/auctions_2008/)

I'm actually just about to head up there for the third time, werty, so if I'll try to find some cars to grab some pics.

Nice pictures. Hope you don't mind me using one for an avatar.

Matt
01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Looks like it went for $73k. Not a bad chunk of change, but it doesn't seem to be as much as you were hoping.

Hope you are happy and had fun anyway!

johnnynumfiv
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I wasn't too far off. :p