PDA

View Full Version : Fooled again

henk4
12-04-2007, 06:47 AM
The joint secret services (15 in total) of the USA, have issued a report that concludes that Iran stopped its preparation of the production of nuclear weapons 4 years ago.
During all those 4 years the US Government has refused to believe statements made by the Iranians to this extent, and have openly threatened to solve the problem with violence.
I am curious to know which country the US Government will now be targeting for a new threat of violence, because it seems that they are so addicted to that, that living in a peaceful world in just unimaginable.

Wouter Melissen
12-04-2007, 06:48 AM
I am curious to know which country the US Government will now be targeting for a new threat of violence, because it seems that they are so addicted to that, that living in a peaceful world in just unimaginable.

Canada!!

fisetdavid26
12-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Canada!!
I wouldn't be surprised if that was to happen one day.

henk4
12-04-2007, 06:49 AM

yes, they claim they own the North Pole....how foolish of them.

NicFromLA
12-04-2007, 07:03 AM

One day? How about today? You French Canadians, you're alright. You're like Europeans that got lost. But those Canadian Canadians . . . they cannot be trusted! They sneak over into the US, they learn to speak English with only a hint of an accent, they act all nice . . . then BAM! They're playing hockey in preperation to sacrifice a baby to their Dark Beaver God! Someday the US will learn that our real enemy is just north of us. The good news is that with Alaska to Canada's northwest, all we need to do is create an alliance with Quebec and we'll have them surrounded!

henk4
12-04-2007, 07:06 AM
One day? How about today? You French Canadians, you're alright. You're like Europeans that got lost. But those Canadian Canadians . . . they cannot be trusted! They sneak over into the US, they learn to speak English with only a hint of an accent, they act all nice . . . then BAM! They're playing hockey in preperation to sacrifice a baby to their Dark Beaver God! Someday the US will learn that our real enemy is just north of us. The good news is that with Alaska to Canada's northwest, all we need to do is create an alliance with Quebec and we'll have them surrounded!

there might even be Iranians hidden among them...

fisetdavid26
12-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Hahaha wow I totally agree :D

EDIT: I should change my country flag in sign of conspiracy!

ScionDriver
12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Well I am glad we all have SO MUCH faith in the American government. But they deserve it because of how we've acted. However I hate it when Europeans get all up on their high horse and act like EVERY American is running around supporting all the BS. An invasion of Iran never would have had support of the people I don't think. We all know we're stretched thin in Iraq and believe you me, I would like to see this stuff get resolved peacefully and diplomatically but I think that a lot of government has the old mentality that diplomacay doesn't work and enemies are enemies. Screw it. All. I hate everything.

henk4
12-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Well I am glad we all have SO MUCH faith in the American government. But they deserve it because of how we've acted. However I hate it when Europeans get all up on their high horse and act like EVERY American is running around supporting all the BS. An invasion of Iran never would have had support of the people I don't think. We all know we're stretched thin in Iraq and believe you me, I would like to see this stuff get resolved peacefully and diplomatically but I think that a lot of government has the old mentality that diplomacay doesn't work and enemies are enemies. Screw it. All. I hate everything.

I have never accused the US people in any way.(apart from the fact that the majority, at least the second time, voted for the fool). The problem is the US Government and the power it seems to have over a number of European countries to drag us along into silly ventures.

Matt
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
(apart from the fact that the majority, at least the second time, voted for the fool)

A majority of 51%. Barely a majority. So that means basically half of us didn't vote for him. And his approval polls are down in the 30 percentile range. Believe us, most of us don't approve or support. And he knows it.

henk4
12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
A majority of 51%. Barely a majority. So that means basically half of us didn't vote for him. And his approval polls are down in the 30 percentile range. Believe us, most of us don't approve or support. And he knows it.

this latest report will do nothing to improve his approval rate either. But you (and us) are still stuck with him. According the Washington Post the report was known in the White House at least two months ago. It could have been very favourably used during the peace talks in Annapolis too.

digitalcraft
12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Syria.

baddabang
12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
this latest report will do nothing to improve his approval rate either.

He doesn't care either. God will judge him remember. :rolleyes:

bmwpower
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
This just might give you american's second thought about taking on Canada..we've held our own once, we can do it again..

Can of Whoop-Ass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington)

Matra et Alpine
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
This just might give you american's second thought about taking on Canada..we've held our own once, we can do it again.
Is it true that out of embarrasment the Canadian Navy objected and had the Edmonton Mall Submarine fleet disbanded ? Can't be great that a MALL had more subs than the navy :D

fisetdavid26
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Is it true that out of embarrasment the Canadian Navy objected and had the Edmonton Mall Submarine fleet disbanded ? Can't be great that a MALL had more subs than the navy :D
I remember the Navy buying four old submarines off the Royal Navy... all I heard about them was problem after problem.

Matra et Alpine
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I remember the Navy buying four old submarines off the Royal Navy... all I heard about them was problem after problem.
Yeah, the Navy guys should have spotted the LUCAS electrics and knwon what they were getting before buying them :)

Kitdy
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
there might even be Iranians hidden among them...

I became familiar with Toronto's vibrant Iranian community through an Iranian friend of mine much my senior in university. As far as I can tell, one major neighborhood is in Toronto's north end. Many of these Iranians left due the the revolution in 1979 and one shop I was in proudly displayed many of the pre-1979 Iranian flags. I must add Iranian food is quite tasty!

NSXType-R
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Mexico. :D

Bush knows that we hate him but we still can't do anything about it. So he could just sit there and do nothing for the next year or so he'll be in office.

Makes me hate him even more.

teatako
12-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Mexico. :D

Bush knows that we hate him but we still can't do anything about it. So he could just sit there and do nothing for the next year or so he'll be in office.

Makes me hate him even more.

man the worst part is you´re right. There´s this US-Mexico agreement where in the name of the war on drugs we provide the blood and they(well you actually) provide surveillance equipment, military aid and whatnot.

Which will of course be used against drug traffickers and not to spy or repress opposition leaders, strikes, social uprisings or anything like that..yeah right...

We´ve even had "terrorist" (Ha!) mini attacks & threats in Mexico, for which a certain " radical marxist" group (which never appears unless the government needs credibility or a reason to step up the military occupation of the country) automatically takes responsibility for.

The wealthy and the media, of course, urge the government to "take care of the security problem" they know better than anybody that fascism is perfect for business.

LotusLocost
12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
yes, they claim they own the North Pole....how foolish of them.

I own the north pole!

Yeah, the Navy guys should have spotted the LUCAS electrics and knwon what they were getting before buying them :)

As the wise say, Magnetti Marelli invented the light, and Lucas the darkness..

(I don't know if you are talking about the same Lucas, but worth a shot anyway!)

The_Canuck
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Denmark also thinks they own the north pole...how many freakin Danes actually live in Greenland?

NSXType-R
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
man the worst part is you´re right. There´s this US-Mexico agreement where in the name of the war on drugs we provide the blood and they(well you actually) provide surveillance equipment, military aid and whatnot.

Which will of course be used against drug traffickers and not to spy or repress opposition leaders, strikes, social uprisings or anything like that..yeah right...

We´ve even had "terrorist" (Ha!) mini attacks & threats in Mexico, for which a certain " radical marxist" group (which never appears unless the government needs credibility or a reason to step up the military occupation of the country) automatically takes responsibility for.

The wealthy and the media, of course, urge the government to "take care of the security problem" they know better than anybody that fascism is perfect for business.

They definitely have to do something about the illegal immigration part, but it really is hard to decide what to do. There is no way you can satisfy everyone . Whatever. There are more important issues at hand.

12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Canada!!

we'll burn down the whitehouse!!!

The_Canuck
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Uh we already said that man...

At least use modern examples :p

blingbling
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
if hockey or sheeps could be used to oil, you can bet they'd end up in canada or new zealand

zeppelin
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
You Yanks are trying to steal our Northwest Passage. Fat chance.

Quiggs
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Why would we invade Canadia? They protect our head from sunburn.

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/58/7/AAAAAiAEPcIAAAAAAFhzew.jpg

NSXType-R
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
You Yanks are trying to steal our Northwest Passage. Fat chance.

We have the Panama Canal. We don't need you anymore. :D

digitalcraft
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Oooh, Bush being proven wrong on Intelligence once again. I wonder what under cover agent is going to get outed this time.

Kitdy
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Why would we invade Canadia? They protect our head from sunburn.

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/58/7/AAAAAiAEPcIAAAAAAFhzew.jpg

That's the second time I've seen you use that. Old news.

You gotta admit though, we are a nice hat. All big and poofy - but cold.

crisis
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah but he maintains that because they did have them they could get them again!
Doesn’t give them much scope really. He accuses them of developing them and wants them to stop then it becomes evident they have and he says yeah but that doesn’t mean they wont do it again! http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/chris80857/wut.gif
Did anyone remind him that HE HAS THEM!!!!!! and the U.S. is the only country to ever use them on people?

IBrake4Rainbows
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
yawn - Iran has nuclear weapons, the boogie man lives in your closet, global warming is gonna kill us all.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so freakin sad.

Quiggs
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Yo I totally believenig the boobie man.

Typo. UFnyy. Leaving it.

cmcpokey
12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
there hasn't been a good politically charged debate for quite a while. i think i'll stay out of this one.

with the exception of one thing:

the Secretary of Defense said publicly that we would not be using military force on iran. he has also reduced the number of potential strike sites down to just the suspected nuclear sites, taking away all of the political targets.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
From what I understand Nuclear programs were for the most part put on hold in Iran back in 2003.

That, and the fact Iran might actually fight back, are good enough reasons for me to believe an Invasion is highly unlikely.

johnnynumfiv
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I Ran?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VtNWZaCOL._AA240_.jpg

so far away.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
<3.

I remember someone had that as their signature. much win.

cmcpokey
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
From what I understand Nuclear programs were for the most part put on hold in Iran back in 2003.

That, and the fact Iran might actually fight back, are good enough reasons for me to believe an Invasion is highly unlikely.

well, the US doesnt currently have enough reserve fighting forces to enter into an additional war. the army and marine corps are struggling as is to maintain their numbers. the Navy is supplementing these forces by sending our sailors to assist in the ground conflict. this is something i myself have been nominated for, but luckily did not get selected to do. i do not agree with this program, since i specifically joined the navy to not do that. if i am selected to go i will go and do my job to the best of my ability, but that is not where my training or experience is based.

we could conduct missile/aircraft strikes with little to no problems. the problem is that those type actions woudl just cement in the minds of the iranian population the position that the US is just an evil aggressive imperialistic state. which is not exactly true. that woudl make things that much more challenging. so the shaky iranian government would all of a sudden have a much more legitimate leg to stand on, and we would set ourselves back a decade.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
well, the US doesnt currently have enough reserve fighting forces to enter into an additional war. the army and marine corps are struggling as is to maintain their numbers. the Navy is supplementing these forces by sending our sailors to assist in the ground conflict. this is something i myself have been nominated for, but luckily did not get selected to do. i do not agree with this program, since i specifically joined the navy to not do that. if i am selected to go i will go and do my job to the best of my ability, but that is not where my training or experience is based.

I'm glad you haven't been called into a dangerous situation. And it is a serious problem of personnel the Armed services are facing, not only in your country ;)

we could conduct missile/aircraft strikes with little to no problems. the problem is that those type actions woudl just cement in the minds of the iranian population the position that the US is just an evil aggressive imperialistic state. which is not exactly true. that woudl make things that much more challenging. so the shaky iranian government would all of a sudden have a much more legitimate leg to stand on, and we would set ourselves back a decade.

No matter what the US does, they are still considered the evil American dictators - thats ingrained as part of the revolution way back when. bombing or no bombing I highly doubt that would change.

What is changing is attitudes within Iran and indeed the US - messages of tolerance are getting through.

Ahmadinejad is a nutjob - plain and simple - who uses rhetoric, like every good politician, to try and push his viewpoints. not all of which his population agrees with.

Diplomacy seems to be working with Iran, so I think the world should stick at it.

I might leave it here as well because, like you said, I don't want to be involved in another political argument :)

clutch-monkey
12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Yo I totally believenig the boobie man.

you mean whiteballz??

the Secretary of Defense said publicly that we would not be using military force on iran. he has also reduced the number of potential strike sites down to just the suspected nuclear sites, taking away all of the political targets.

always good to hear. iirc iran's military is quite capable too, more so than iraq's was, and US military forces are already overstretched... so it may not be viable anyway?

ScionDriver
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I have never accused the US people in any way.(apart from the fact that the majority, at least the second time, voted for the fool). The problem is the US Government and the power it seems to have over a number of European countries to drag us along into silly ventures.

You got me there. I apologize for the outburst I had just woken up, but anyway, unfortuneately the US government has a tendency to think that they know better than any and everyone else and that they are right and especially they ignore the facts.

Cody302
12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
****ing idiots

ruim20
12-05-2007, 05:37 AM
****ing idiots

Yeah... i'd go for 10% of you being idiots and 5% of thoose, F....G idiots, but there are idiots all around the world and in every country :D

Wouter Melissen
12-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah... i'd go for 10% of you being idiots and 5% of thoose, F....G idiots, but there are idiots all around the world and in every country :D

Your national football team is a great example of that.

Dino Scuderia
12-05-2007, 05:58 AM
There is an element of black comedy about American foreign policy in the middle east. All those decades playing off one country against another, keeping the locals weak, the US strong and the oil flowing has finally imploded with the Iraq war. Iran is the victor... they are the regional super power, exactly opposite of American intentions.

The US has never really tried diplomacy with Iran since the Islamic Revolution. President Clinton got up to having athletes visit... but that was it. Iran has learned from North Korea among others. If you want the US to sit down with you, provoke them in the extreme, go on anti-US rants, etc. That gets the USA's attention.

All those years where moderate governments in Tehran were making overtures to the US were just wasted time. When we were in a strong position...we refused to negotiate because we were strong. Now that we are in a weak position, we refuse because we don't want to appear to be giving in when we are weak.

If Bush had wanted a relationship with Iran in 2004, he could have had it. Now Iran has the high cards. Also if we were in any sort of position of strength we could have took more action against Iran for diddling in the Iraq affair, instead we look like fools because the people who started and are steering the Iraq venture are fools.

And let's note that this report was completed last year (2006). These were some of the lies that followed. Really quite a repugnant crowd of humans, these people.

“So I’ve told people that if you’re interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from have the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon. I take the threat of Iran with a nuclear weapon very seriously.” [Bush, 10/17/07]

“Our country, and the entire international community, cannot stand by as a terror-supporting state fulfills its grandest ambitions. … The Iranian regime needs to know that if it stays on its present course the international community is prepared to impose serious consequences.” [Cheney, 10/21/07]

“The problem is Iran, and Iran has not stepped back from trying to pursue a nuclear weapon, and — or reprocessing and enriching uranium, which would lead to a nuclear weapon.” [White House spokeswoman Dana Perino, 10/26/07]

“We talked about Iran and the desire to work jointly to convince the Iranian regime to give up their nuclear weapons ambitions, for the sake of peace.” [Bush, 11/7/07]

“We’re in a position now, clearly, especially when we look at Iran, where it’s very, very important we succeed in our efforts, our national security efforts, to discourage the Iranians from enriching uranium and producing nuclear weapons.” [Cheney, 11/9/07]

“We are convinced that they are developing nuclear weapons.” [Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman, 11/13/07]

Of course, now that heroic prognosticator and truth-teller Paul Wolfowitz is returning to State, we could shortly find that the Iranians have developed the technology to turn stolen white christian and jewish babies into nerve gas that is being stockpiled in biblical proportions.

henk4
12-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks Dino, this is what I meant with the thread title, you (and we in the process) got fooled again one more time, and this time, big time. Can war mongering not be seen as a subject to be dealt with at the International War crimes tribunal in The Hague? (of course not recognised by a certain government)

ruim20
12-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Your national football team is a great example of that.

They aren't idiots, they're just a bit daft... The coach doesn't help either.;)

Blue Supra
12-07-2007, 08:07 AM
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM...

...should be shot.

SlickHolden
12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Canada!!
LOL I was thinking that:D.

Bush, Guess what's happens when you get to much of it, You get a sore knob and have to cut it off to remove the infection.

This is Big Brother George you have been evicted! it's time to leave the white house.

MRR
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
This just might give you american's second thought about taking on Canada..we've held our own once, we can do it again..

Can of Whoop-Ass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington)

What the hell are you talking about? That was the British that burned Washington.

The_Canuck
12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
What the hell are you talking about? That was the British that burned Washington.

Note to British members, ^ lulz...

NSXType-R
12-07-2007, 01:55 PM

I think that the Canadians think if we invade them again the British will help them out by burning the White House again....?

I think that's what he meant.

Makes no sense.

But whatever.

The_Canuck
12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I think that the Canadians think if we invade them again the British will help them out by burning the White House again....?

I think that's what he meant.

Makes no sense.

But whatever.

No, he meant we burned it.