PDA

View Full Version : German questions...

my porsche
12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know the tax laws and/or work laws for an United States citizen working and living in Germany?

I.E. were I to accept the position as President of VAG I have been offered, would I pay US or DE taxes?

Zytek_Fan
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know the tax laws and/or work laws for an United States citizen working and living in Germany?

I.E. were I to accept the position as President of VAG I have been offered, would I pay US or DE taxes?

Are you high? :p

Cotterik
12-08-2007, 04:06 PM
president of VAG? whats that?

Quiggs
12-08-2007, 04:12 PM

I accepted the position as president of your mom's VAG.

The_Canuck
12-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Wherever you live noob.

baddabang
12-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Are we helping you do homework?

Niko_Fx
12-08-2007, 04:58 PM

I laughed out loud, thanks Quiggs.

Zytek_Fan
12-08-2007, 05:16 PM

He'd better use that as his answer.

ruim20
12-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Dear lord, have you ppl no shame! :D

my porsche
12-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Are you high? :p
A little bit yeah.

So country you live in's taxes? Any idea what the German taxes are?

And no this is not homework kthx.

drakkie
12-09-2007, 03:36 AM
president of VAG? whats that?

You've been living under a rock for the last 20 years ? :rolleyes: Anyway, it is the Volkswagen-Audi-Group.

A little bit yeah.

So country you live in's taxes? Any idea what the German taxes are?

And no this is not homework kthx.

The German taxes on goods are just like here 19%. Taxes on beer and cigarettes are a little lower around 40%-ish i think. Petrol sets you back €1,31 today, which I estimate about 70% taxes. Income taxes are 0-45% depending on your income. I hope that should do it. For more info, check this website:
Germany Taxes Income Tax and Economy. (http://www.worldwide-tax.com/germany/indexgermany.asp)

By the way, if you find info about immigration in Germany, could you please forward it to me. I might need it in the future.

dydzi
12-09-2007, 06:04 AM
You've been living under a rock for the last 20 years ? :rolleyes: Anyway, it is the Volkswagen-Audi-Group.

actually, it's Volkswagen AG (AG for public company)

henk4
12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Wherever you live noob.
I think what you wanted to say is correct. You pay taxes in your country of residence...so if one decides to live in Germany you salary will be taxed according to the German tax laws.

henk4
12-09-2007, 12:39 PM
actually, it's Volkswagen AG (AG for public company)
AG stands for Aktien Gesellschaft, or a company (Gesellschaft) of which the shares (Aktien) are traded on the stock exchange....

kingofthering
12-09-2007, 01:39 PM
By the way, if you find info about immigration in Germany, could you please forward it to me. I might need it in the future.

Ok Drakkie, what illegal shit have you pulled off this time?:p :D

drakkie
12-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Ok Drakkie, what illegal shit have you pulled off this time?:p :D

I am innocent as far as I know :rolleyes: I was aquitted by the way last time. In a bar fight I didn't start, I broke some chav's nose unintentionally. So he sued me, the pussy.

Anyway in the last couple of years I have really wanted to move abroad. My choice has fallen upon Germany, because I talk the talk and the enormous availability of jobs. The total attitude of the people suits me much better too. (Offcourse their beer is much better too) :D:cool: So after my studies, I decided, to get the hell out of here !